Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Thread - 2017 Edition

Started by jbcarol, March 12, 2017, 05:26:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Is Thornwell not feeling well? Flu or something?

alohawg

He was under the weather up until the last couple days, could still be.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

elksnort

Quote from: alohawg on April 01, 2017, 06:10:58 pm
He was under the weather up until the last couple days, could still be.
Yeah, flu all week does not help at all.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

ronmahony

Man I thought S.Carolina was beat, can't believe they have come back 14 down to tie the game.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

ronmahony

You see the way that big dude from Gonzaga was throwing those elbows? Don't know why they didn't call a foul on him.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

alohawg

Quote from: ronmahony on April 01, 2017, 07:00:47 pm
You see the way that big dude from Gonzaga was throwing those elbows? Don't know why they didn't call a foul on him.

No kidding, smh.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

dhizzle

I find it amazing that referees all of sudden know how to call games during the tournament.  During regular season I swear they call the ticky tackiest fouls I've every seen.

alohawg

Zags will be over playing the perimeter. I would draw up my best play for a quick two inside and hope for an and 1.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

jbcarol

David Cloninger‏ @DCTheState 18s19 seconds ago

Perkins fouls out with 3.5 seconds to go and USC will take a timeout. Two shots for Thornwell after the break, trailing three.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

alohawg

Well........great effort and congrats on a great season for the gamecocks.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

jbcarol

XavierZane

Just wasn't Thornwell's night, so it wasn't SC's night.  The refs were kind to them too, so they had their chances.  I was rooting for SC, but I'm still happy for Gonzaga.  I've been a fan of them since back when they were a Cinderella team.   

jbcarol

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 22m22 minutes ago

Gonzaga: 1st West Coast Conference team to reach National Championship Game since 1956 San Francisco (led by Bill Russell)

Gonzaga: 4th to reach the national championship game with 1 or fewer losses since tourney expanded in 1985. None of previous 3 won title.
Other 3: 1999 Duke, 2005 Illinois, 2008 Memphis

Gonzaga's 37 wins are 1 shy of the Division I record for most in a season

jbcarol

ronmahony

South Carolina sure doesn't have any thing to hang their heads about, they had one hell of a tournament.

ronmahony

They've got the pedigree, they've got the officials.

Jackrabbit Hog

My gosh, Oregon looks like a fleet of John Deere tractors out there.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol

Steve Mims‏ @SteveMims_RG 1m1 minute ago

UNC is 3-15 from the field. Almost like they take some bad shots knowing they can get the offensive rebound.

Jackrabbit Hog

If the final turns out to be Oregon vs. Gonzaga, does that mean the game Monday night will start at 10:30 and we'll all just read about it Tuesday morning?
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HogBreath

Quote from: jbcarol on April 01, 2017, 08:19:05 pm
Steve Mims‏ @SteveMims_RG 1m1 minute ago

UNC is 3-15 from the field. Almost like they take some bad shots knowing they can get the offensive rebound.

Or knowing the refs will bail their sorry arces out.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

jbcarol

Oregon Basketball‏Verified account @OregonMBB 7m7 minutes ago

Tonight's crowd is 77,162. That's the largest to ever see an Oregon basketball game.

Jackrabbit Hog

Ennis from Oregon is Jaylen Barford 2.0.  Hair, body type, size, style of play.

jbcarol

dhizzle

Teddy got it right, the guy makes me angry most of the time but got it right.

WorfHog

Oregon getting a taste of quality officiating with those jump balls.  :puke:

factchecker

I thought we were the only team that struggled with rebounding?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

WorfHog

Is pushing the guy in front of you with both hands the key to good rebounding? When our guys do that it's called a foul.

Go Zags beat these over rated cheating ref loving Tar Heels!

ICEman

Here, let me just shove you out of the way so that I can get this rebound.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Dr. Starcs

Oregon guy didn't even attempt to rebound. Twice. What a freaking joke.

WorfHog

Better get those refs to the hospital because I think they swallowed their whistles again.

WorfHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 01, 2017, 10:28:41 pm

Hard to get a rebound when you're being shoved out of bounds.

JHGiunta

Quote from: ICEman on April 01, 2017, 10:27:08 pm
Here, let me just shove you out of the way so that I can get this rebound.

Body check and 2 hand shove to the side.......I didn't think that was allowed from behind...Hmmmmmm

Doesn't surprise me though.....

XavierZane

That foul on Brooks that should have been a jump ball was a big factor in deciding the game, along with the no-call on Meeks on that offensive rebound. 

WorfHog

Just like Alabama in football they get the calls becasue they're so "talented" and "physical". UNC basketball should be on long term probation by the way. Bunch of cheating SOB's. It didn't take the NCAA this long when the railroad Nolan back in the day.

alohawg

Yeah, that last rebound was ridiculous. Bell didn't exactly box out, but Meeks plowed right through him like a grown man bullying a 12 year old boy for the board.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

HogBreath

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 01, 2017, 10:28:41 pm
Meeks pushed Bell out of position..easy, blatant call.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Dr. Starcs

If bell even attempts to hold his ground, he might get the call. He stood there straight up. Twice. The first he never even made contact with an undersized guard on him.

WorfHog

I went to check the Oregon boards to see if they were freaking out like we do..nope. More action on Hogville about the no calls.

HogBreath

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 01, 2017, 10:39:34 pm
If bell even attempts to hold his ground, he might get the call. He stood there straight up. Twice. The first he never even made contact with an undersized guard on him.
Oh okay, I didn't know it was okay to push a guy out of the way if he was standing straight up.  Sounds like Bell should have bent his knees a little.

GioB26

Quote from: WorfHog on April 01, 2017, 10:33:27 pm
Just like Alabama in football they get the calls becasue they're so "talented" and "physical". UNC basketball should be on long term probation by the way. Bunch of cheating SOB's. It didn't take the NCAA this long when the railroad Nolan back in the day.
Sour grapes, Razorneck

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: HogBreath on April 01, 2017, 11:00:39 pm
Oh okay, I didn't know it was okay to push a guy out of the way if he was standing straight up.  Sounds like Bell should have bent his knees a little.

I hate carolina, but quit whining. Even Barkley and Kellogg agreed you've gotta put up a fight to get the rebound.

Don't believe me, maybe you'll take this guys word for it.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19057200/jordan-bell-takes-blame-oregon-ducks-loss-north-carolina-tar-heels

Hogz87

Quote from: HogBreath on April 01, 2017, 10:36:02 pm
Meeks pushed Bell out of position..easy, blatant call.

It didn't look like Meeks pushed, really.  It was more of a bullrush to the ball and he "outmanned" or "outphysicaled" Bell for the rebound.  I've watched the replay of those four missed FTs and two offensive rebounds several times, and I can't really discern any kind of pushing motion by Meeks on the last one.  You could argue that he possibly got away with a body check type of push but, really, he just went and got the ball and out-fought Bell for it.  There wasn't enough there for the refs to really call anything.  And given that we all know there's some unwritten rule that refs tend to call games differently in the final two minutes than they do the first 38, there definitely wasn't enough there for the refs to call anything under those circumstances.

HogBreath

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 02, 2017, 07:31:37 am
I hate carolina, but quit whining. Even Barkley and Kellogg agreed you've gotta put up a fight to get the rebound.

Don't believe me, maybe you'll take this guys word for it.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19057200/jordan-bell-takes-blame-oregon-ducks-loss-north-carolina-tar-heels
Bell was pushed out of position, that's a foul.  Period.  Not subject to interpretation, or did the guy stand straight up, or not resist enough. 

They always get the calls, they would have been put out by us with proper officiating, but, VOILA..they're still going.  These games mean nothing.  Bogus BS. 

Hope Gonzaga cleans their clock, but figure they'll win it.  Whatever, it means nothing.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: HogBreath on April 02, 2017, 10:59:33 am
Bell was pushed out of position, that's a foul.  Period.  Not subject to interpretation, or did the guy stand straight up, or not resist enough. 

They always get the calls, they would have been put out by us with proper officiating, but, VOILA..they're still going.  These games mean nothing.  Bogus BS. 

Hope Gonzaga cleans their clock, but figure they'll win it.  Whatever, it means nothing.

So I take it you didn't read the article. Take off the blinders.
But I am with you on go Gonzaga.

HogBreath

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 02, 2017, 12:19:40 pm
So I take it you didn't read the article. Take off the blinders.
But I am with you on go Gonzaga.
No need to read the article, Bell not putting up much fight doesn't make it any less of a foul.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: HogBreath on April 02, 2017, 12:49:30 pm
No need to read the article, Bell not putting up much fight doesn't make it any less of a foul.

Ok. Bell himself said he cost them the game. Not the refs.