Bracket name: Hogville 2017
Motto: Frito Pie

Link: http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en/

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BannerMountainMan

Bracket Challenge for Fearless Friday is
Name: Backboard Shattered
Motto: Do more with less
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

bolo1010

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hootiethehog

Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

threeNout

lynbug

My sister and I always spend, HOURS, literally, doing research to complete our bracket.....and we probably could do about as well if we just closed our eyes and pointed to a spot on the bracket....over and over.  How does anyone ever pick the 3-4 Cinderella teams which we have every year.  I guess if you watched every game possible during the year and did research and kept a stat book....you probably could do better.  But I don't...I hardly ever watch the late west coast games.

Adam Stokes

I'm normally terrible in the first round because I hate picking upsets, but do a pretty good job in the latter rounds. Finished in the top %1 twice in the last 5 years. Never got the whole filling out multiple brackets thing, anyone can do well if they have 10 brackets.

lynbug

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 16, 2017, 08:56:49 am
I'm normally terrible in the first round because I hate picking upsets, but do a pretty good job in the latter rounds. Finished in the top %1 twice in the last 5 years. Never got the whole filling out multiple brackets thing, anyone can do well if they have 10 brackets.
Yeah but who in the world has time for that.  This year I've been so busy with family that I barely found time to fill out one.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: lynbug on March 16, 2017, 08:58:38 am
Yeah but who in the world has time for that.  This year I've been so busy with family that I barely found time to fill out one.

Priorities, man.  Where are your priorities?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: lynbug on March 16, 2017, 08:58:38 am

There are already a couple guys in the group who have 5+ brackets. Guess they spend the same amount of tilling filling out multiple brackets that you and your sister put into making one really good one. My strategy is if I see a game that could trip up a team that they are still more likely to win, like UK in the 2nd round, I just make sure i don't have them going very far. The strategy normally does pretty well. I only have two 1 seeds in the elite 8.

Breems

I only fill out multiple brackets when I'm doing fun brackets like mascot battles, but I don't submit those to groups.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

lynbug

I have several friends (bracketeers) who always choose a more junior-senior laden team....of course, if most other comparisions are close to being equal.  Think Iowa State.

Hootiethehog

Well, UNC-Wilmington hurt me. I had them in the Sweet 16. Got the rest so far though.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Hootiethehog on March 16, 2017, 03:05:28 pm
Well, UNC-Wilmington hurt me. I had them in the Sweet 16. Got the rest so far though.

Quit copying off of my bracket!!
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hootiethehog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 16, 2017, 03:06:47 pm
Quit copying off of my bracket!!

You have Mount St. Mary's playing UC-Davis in the title game too?

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

311Hog

Hootiethehog

In the first 8, I got 7 right. I would have been perfect had UNC-Wilmington not blown a double digit lead.

Hootiethehog

Damn Maryland,  I may go 1-7 tonight

Both teams I've missed so far (Maryland and UNC-Williamson) I had advancing to the Sweet 16

SPAL

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 16, 2017, 09:06:15 pm
Only one perfect bracket remains in the hogville pool.

Well it sure ain't mine.  I went 12-4 yesterday.  Got caught up in the old "12 over 5 upset" thing.  Only lost one Sweet 16 team though, so I've got that going for me, which is nice..

SPAL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 17, 2017, 07:24:17 am
Well it sure ain't mine.  I went 12-4 yesterday.  Got caught up in the old "12 over 5 upset" thing.  Only lost one Sweet 16 team though, so I've got that going for me, which is nice..

None perfect now

Hootiethehog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 17, 2017, 07:24:17 am

I went 12-4 and lost two Sweet 16 teams (Wilmington and Maryland)

Hootiethehog

Ok, I'm an idiot today. I'm trying to see the current leader board to see where I am and how the cream of the crop is doing and I am having the hardest time getting there.

Could I trouble someone to post it? It is not agreeing with my phone.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Hootiethehog on March 17, 2017, 08:28:17 pm
Ok, I'm an idiot today. I'm trying to see the current leader board to see where I am and how the cream of the crop is doing and I am having the hardest time getting there.

Could I trouble someone to post it? It is not agreeing with my phone.

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en/group?groupID=1577960

Hopefully that'll work. A lot of people in our bracket are doing pretty well. 10% are in the top 1.4%.

Hootiethehog

Yuck. I'm in a tie for 75th, I went 25 for 32 yesterday.  And SMU is going to kill me on down the line.

BOAR'N LEGACY

"If it's important enough for you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse." - Jimmy Dykes

"What if DOG was spelled C-A-T?" - Oger

"Cinnabons from Taco Bell: They'll make you cream your pants!" - Nick Kremers

311Hog

3rd and 6th, but my 3rd bracket is toast because of vilanova's failure. ugh

Adam Stokes

Quote from: 311Hog on March 20, 2017, 10:38:02 am
3rd and 6th, but my 3rd bracket is toast because of vilanova's failure. ugh

That's me, tied for first but freaking Villanova. Just need to root for Wisconsin to ruin everyone else's brackets so mine still looks good.

SPAL

I'm all alone in first place now.....Sure is lonely at the top.

311Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 25, 2017, 10:06:53 pm
I'm all alone in first place now.....Sure is lonely at the top.

sure is =) come on UNC

looks like i already wrapped up the CBS Hogville group. =)
http://hogville.mayhem.cbssports.com/

SPAL

MO.Hog

If Gonzaga wins tonight I should wind up a solid 5th. I'll take it.

311Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 03, 2017, 05:05:50 pm
I'm not a fan of yours. 😀

winner winner chicken dinner =) was almost right on final score as well had 75-70 and it was what 71 -65 not bad
only thing missed was SoCarolina

SPAL

Quote from: 311Hog on April 03, 2017, 11:47:41 pm
winner winner chicken dinner =) was almost right on final score as well had 75-70 and it was what 71 -65 not bad
only thing missed was SoCarolina

I think you beat me by 50 points. But my score of 74-70 was closer..... so basically we tied. Ha

311Hog

yeah it was really close. 

So what do i win? a year's free subscription to Hogville? a free chicken wing at FogHorns? a DeviceHigh signed Hogville T-Shirt?