Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Thompson Left Tackle

Started by boonecohog, February 26, 2017, 12:22:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boonecohog

6'9" 265 lbs
Maybe a pro basketball future overseas.
Imagine him at Left Tackle with some football weight.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: boonecohog on February 26, 2017, 12:22:09 pm
6'9" 265 lbs
Maybe a pro basketball future overseas.
Imagine him at Left Tackle with some football weight.

Worked for Jeremy Parnell

boonecohog

Of course HDN had Parnell at DE and he's an OT in the NFL.

RazorPiggie

NotSoFastMyFriend

Would need to be on football scholarship or no scholarships to play both football and basketball OR he could exhaust his eligibility in basketball and then walk-on to the football team. Those are the only two options for him to play in college.

FANONTHEHILL

Let's just let Trey focus on basketball while he's at Arkansas.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

oldfart

If a BB player ( or one on scholarship in any other sport) plays football he immediately is charged as a football scholarship and counts against the 85 team limit.   done to eliminate the practice of giving 300 lb linemen swimming scholarships....

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on February 26, 2017, 02:45:53 pm
Let's just let Trey focus on basketball while he's at Arkansas.
Totally agree.

King Kong

I haven't seen that nasty needed from Trey

boonecohog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 26, 2017, 02:09:07 pm
Not quick enough.

I'd say if he can play SEC basketball he'd be just fine.  Anyone think Skipper is quicker than Trey?

Wonder what his wingspan is.

Stewhog 11

I'd like to picture Trey as a QB, he's already used to dishing dimes. Plus he'd look like Cam in that Super Bowl commercial playing Pop Warner.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: boonecohog on February 26, 2017, 04:44:48 pm
I'd say if he can play SEC basketball he'd be just fine.  Anyone think Skipper is quicker than Trey?

Wonder what his wingspan is.
Foot quickness is what he lacks. Could not play tackle. Going to be great on the hardwood though. Good enough for me.

lumphog

boonecohog

I agree on the QB comment.  Kid has great vision.  Even his freshman and sophomore years when he was worth a foul a minute he would wow me with his passing.

ShadowHawg

Jackrabbit Hog

There's plenty of precedent for big, beefy guys playing both sports at the UA.  Anybody remember Robert Brannon?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PorkRinds

This idea is worse than anything Robert Shields ever put out.

Letsroll1200

If speed is his issue than he should fit right in with the linebackers. 

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: boonecohog on February 26, 2017, 02:00:16 pm
Of course HDN had Parnell at DE and he's an OT in the NFL.

He had never played football before his senior year at ole miss.  He  was  a big athletic guy so HDN just put him out there and let him get after the QB. He had to be developed into an OT. Took him a few years bouncing around practice squads.

GoHogzzGo

DE or TE please. Boy that would be fun to watch. Obviously not going to happen but makes for a great daydream.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: VirginiaHog on February 26, 2017, 07:40:09 pm
Foot quickness is what he lacks. Could not play tackle. Going to be great on the hardwood though. Good enough for me.

I really cannot fathom how anyone who has done noth lineman drill and BB Defensive drills can claim that. I have done both and believe me the kick step is utilized in both sports...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hvsupastar

There is a big difference between bball quickness and FB Oline quickness.  A lot more transfer and set of weight in football.  More light on your feet in basketball.  2 way different things
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Hollywood870

Quote from: VirginiaHog on February 26, 2017, 07:40:09 pm
He plays D1 basketball he wouldn't lack foot quickness, good grief.

cosmodrum

Sometimes I hate when people type things.
Go away, batin'

FANONTHEHILL

This topic has gone on and avoided the trash file a lot longer than I ever expected. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Pork Twain

Yes because you can plug any athlete into any spot on a completely different team just because they are similar in size.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 01, 2017, 06:16:40 am
Yes because you can plug any athlete into any spot on a completely different team just because they are similar in size.

Not even similar is size.  6'9", 265 is 60 lbs light to begin with. 

boonecohog

That's 265 lbs after 3 years of CMA running his tail off to keep him in bball shape.  Let Herbs get ahold of him.  No doubt he wouldn't be able to play bball and OT at the same time.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 26, 2017, 10:29:38 pm
He's ten times quicker than skipper.

And 60 lbs. lighter. Put the 60 lbs. on him that he would need to play OT and then we might have a accurate comparison.
Go Hogs Go!

rzrbackramsfan

This is a low key football vs basketball debate.  Also, I think the only real way to tell if he could play left tackle is to put on the pads and start playing.  However, id imagine never playing left tackle, it would take him a really long time to get good at it.  Did he play in high school?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on March 01, 2017, 06:22:52 am
Not even similar is size.  6'9", 265 is 60 lbs light to begin with. 

True, which makes the quickness argument look even more stupid...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.