Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just in Time 2017 SEC Spring Game Info

Started by jbcarol, February 18, 2017, 07:32:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/832719607437864960

QuoteVanderbilt is the only SEC team that will not have a televised spring game in 2017.

Mason instead plans a "spring showcase" at Vanderbilt Stadium on March 25, which will be open to fans and media alike.

"I don't believe that we won't get TV exposure," Mason said to rebut the notion that calling off the spring game would hurt his program's coverage. "Whether you're talking about a spring game or a spring showcase, I see it all the same.

"I'm definitely inviting the SEC to come out on Saturday, March 25 to see our ball club. We're going to have scrimmage situations, so you're going to see some of that. But you're also going to see some 1-on-1s, some 7-on-7s and some other things. I don't know how many SEC teams give access to a full practice, so much like anything else this is an opportunity for people to get a chance to see just how Vanderbilt works and the inner workings."

Mason hinted at a numbers issue as part of his decision to forgo a spring game. He said he's working with 75 players this spring, and not everyone is healthy.

"I've had to look at my roster a little bit," he said. "And try to make sure that I can manage this roster. I've still got some guys nursing some injuries."

Vanderbilt is coming off its first bowl game appearance under Mason after beating Georgia, Ole Miss and Tennessee to secure a 6-win regular season in 2016. The Commodores lost to North Carolina State in the Independence Bowl, leaving Mason with 3 losing seasons in as many years.

Vanderbilt opens spring practice on Feb. 27.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/834898546440695809

Quoteigers open practice next Tuesday, Feb. 28. Practices end Tuesday, April 11 — 3 days after the A-Day Game in Jordan-Hare Stadium, which will be televised at 2 p.m. ET/1 p.m. CT on the SEC Network.

The Tigers will hold their annual Pro Day showcase for former Auburn players preparing for the NFL Draft on Friday, March 10.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/JamesCrepea/status/836628866240249860

QuoteGUS MALZAHN

-- Three goals:

Our players have a great understanding of the base offense and defense. Going to be "very simple" as in past.
    Identify strengths in all three phases.
    Each player improve

-- Deon Mix is graduating, will be a fifth year transfer

-- Cam Toney is graduating, might also grad transfer

-- Markell Boston is "no longer ith [sic] our team"

jbcarol

Ben Garrett‏ @SpiritBen 2h2 hours ago

#OleMiss opens spring practices today...

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/LSUBeatTweet/status/838134956828340224

QuoteBATON ROUGE — Eventually, the euphoria surrounding new LSU football coach Ed Orgeron that has come about largely because of, No. 1, his very strong finish last season with wins over No. 22 Texas A&M, 54-39, and No. 15 Louisville, 29-9, in the Citrus Bowl, No. 2, he is not Les Miles, and, No. 3, he is one of us — not only from Louisiana, but from Classic Louisiana on the bayou of the Bayou State — will settle down. And he and the LSU football program could well be left with the same deficiency realized after the last two of the six straight losses to Alabama.

That is, the Tigers need a better offensive line to compete for a national championship again —

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/SECNetwork/status/847475994483081216

*13 of the 14 SEC football teams have elected to play a spring game this year

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker‏ @KyleTucker_SEC 3h3 hours ago

No official attendance for UK spring game, but final tickets-out number is 37,172.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/853367430655205377

QuoteSchool    Attendance    Date
Florida     48,000    4/8
Auburn     46,331    4/7
Kentucky     37,172    4/14
A&M     21,000    4/8
State     16,630    4/8
Missouri     16,457    4/15
South Carolina     12,345    4/1
Ole Miss     8,000    4/8

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol