Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-17 College Football Transfers, Rumors, and Packed Bags

Started by jbcarol, September 21, 2016, 07:15:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB Apr 23

Reserve sophomore DB Jeff James (Edgerrin's nephew) is leaving the #Miami program.

jbcarol

Cornerback Shaq Wiggins, a grad transfer from Louisville, has selected Tennessee for his 5th and final year of eligibility

QuoteHe chose Tennessee over Mississippi State and South Carolina, among others.

Wiggins (5'10, 173) started out as a 4-star recruit from Tyrone, GA who stayed in-state and played his first year at Georgia in 2013. Wiggins then transferred to Louisville [with DC Todd Grantham.]

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/859167788677685248

QuoteGreenwood didn't have a catch last year after redshirting his freshman season. He caught 1 pass for 6 yards in the spring Blue-White game.

Greenwood, 6-foot-3 and 195 pounds and a Washington, D.C., native, was a 3-star prospect in high school. He picked Kentucky over Michigan State, Virginia Tech, Iowa, Maryland and Pittsburgh, according to his Wildcats bio.

Kentucky's spring football roster listed 15 wide receivers, but that number is down one with Greenwood's departure.

He joins former teammates Jeff Badet, De'Niro Laster, Kobie Walker and Nico Firios as players who've transferred from Kentucky this offseason.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell 20m20 minutes ago

Arkansas' Running Back Depth Gets a Little Thinner http://sptz.us/2ricdWk

Juan Day

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman‏ @BrentZwerneman 12h12 hours ago

Texas A&M RS FR Rakeem Boyd is transferring to Independence (Kan.) Community College, reported by @TaylorHamm247 and citing grades.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/865303649190326272

QuoteMarlon Character Jr. had an "argument" with a teammate in the weeks leading up to his transfer from the Auburn football team, according to a source.

The school announced Character and fellow redshirt freshman Antwuan Jackson Jr. are transferring from the program on Thursday.

The incident did not involve Jackson, the source said.

Multiple sources said the argument occurred on campus and became heated.

Via a spokesman, Auburn had not comment [sic] ...

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/865602950655168513

QuoteAlong with Texas, Florida is another possible destination, and that would make sense given that he's delaying his decision until after the SEC spring meetings. Current SEC rules forbid Florida from taking on graduate transfers due to missing academic requirements, but it's possible the SEC could soften those rules at the meetings.

Harvard was also reported to be in the mix...

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/870410855078215680

QuoteCorey Sutton is looking to transfer away from the Wildcats' football program, but according to him, his scholarship release is not being granted. Earlier this month, Sutton announced his intentions to transfer from Kansas State after one season via his Twitter account. But according to The Wichita Eagle, K-State head coach Bill Snyder apparently isn't granting his scholarship release. Sutton gave the school a list of 35 schools, all of which were denied...

"When I originally told Coach Snyder I was going to transfer he said, 'Well, Corey, I feel bad that you want to leave, but I can't make you stay,' " Sutton said via The Wichita Eagle. "I dropped all my classes, moved out of Kansas and started looking at my options, then I find out they are denying me my release.

"Coach Snyder told me today that when I signed my letter of intent that was my commitment to him, that I was going to be there for four years. I heard that and told him, 'Coaches can leave. So why can't a player leave? You made a commitment to me that you were going to treat me the right way and that's not what you're doing.' "

Sutton told the newspaper that his list of schools did not include any Big 12 schools, or future teams that Kansas State will face, and some were even FCS and Division II schools. All of them were denied. The receiver appealed that ruling on Wednesday this week, but the decision was upheld. Snyder later spoke with WHB 810 AM on Thursday, and clarified that a player is free to transfer but won't get a release.

"It's my commitment that once we have signed the youngster that we're committed to him as long as he behaves himself," Snyder said as transcribed by The Wichita Eagle. "I accept a youngster that comes into our program as making a similar commitment with a handshake and obviously a signed piece of paper.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on June 01, 2017, 07:20:17 pm
https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/870410855078215680

https://twitter.com/coreysutton1997/status/870709450012676100

Ben Baby‏Verified account @Ben_Baby 19h19 hours ago

Ben Baby Retweeted Corey Sutton

Funny how when student-athletes talk to the media, good things happen to them. Odd.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB 9h9 hours ago

Spoke to Malik Zaire. He told me he expects to head to #UF on Wednesday & said he's very excited about the opportunity to play in the SEC.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB 2h2 hours ago

Grad transfer (6-8, 325) Sunny Odogwu, a former starting OT at #Miami, told me he's picking #UCLA over #Michigan. Big pick-up for the Bruins

New #UCLA OT Sunny Odogwu is an amazing story. From Nigeria>Speaks 4 languages>Plans to get a 2nd Master's at UCLA. https://www.facebook.com/brucefeldman/posts/971680466267715 ...

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/874315086617350144

QuoteSmith, once rated as the No. 5 cornerback and No. 48 overall prospect in the country, has reportedly decided to continue his career at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

jbcarol

Ben Baby‏Verified account @Ben_Baby 4h4 hours ago

Houston officially announces four FB transfers. Arizona State alum Ellis Jefferson (Denton Guyer), A&M alum Reggie Chevis among them.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell 15s15 seconds ago

Report: Former LSU OL Willie Allen transferring to Texas junior college

jbcarol