Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BO DAVIS

Started by HogNDas, May 03, 2016, 07:56:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNDas

May 03, 2016, 07:56:01 pm Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:20:44 pm by HogNDas
Alabama D'Line coach, Bo Davis fired....rumor is he was making a "delivery" to Jeffrey Simmons, 4* DL from Noxubee County MS that committed to MSU, the night before signing day (Dead Period) and got busted!....of course, the miscue is noted as "Improper Contact" (since it occured during the dead period)...and not Improper Compensation...damn Bama!
From what I understand, Davis had been with Satan during his entire Bama tenure!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogNDas on May 03, 2016, 07:56:01 pm
Alabama D'Line coach, Bo Davis fired....rumor is he was making a "delivery" to Jeffrey Simmons, 4* DL from Noxubee County MS that committed to MSU, the night before signing day (Dead Period) and got busted!....of course, the miscue is noted as "Improper Contact" (since it occured during the dead period)...and not Improper Compensation...damn Bama!
From what I understand, Davis had been with Satan during his entire Bama tenure!
They probably set-up the hack on Tunsil, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogNDas

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 03, 2016, 07:58:24 pm
Rumor is MSU busted Bama out...why would they do that when THEY pd Simmons $80k+ to go to Stankvegas!!... Bama is gonna BITCH SLAP their neighbor from 80 miles down the road!

HogNDas

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 03, 2016, 07:58:24 pm
Probably a good supposition since OM beat Bama the last 2 years...Mark Emmert, Pres of NCAA just happened to be the chancellor of LSU when???? When they hired Nick Saban as coach of LSU....coincidence?   You make your own decision!!!

onebadrubi

Where you hearing simmons was paid 80k?  He got the shaft because they offered Newton 180k

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: HogNDas on May 03, 2016, 07:56:01 pm
[/b]

Was at Texas for 3 years or so. Came back to Bama last year

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 03, 2016, 09:44:49 pm
[/b]

Shhh.....don't interject any facts.

razorbacker3

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 03, 2016, 09:44:49 pm
[/b]

Nick had to send him to training school.

Hogwild

I had someone tell me over the weekend that Davis is taking the fall.  They are trying to set him up with a job with the Giants.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Hogwild on May 08, 2016, 04:44:43 pm
I had someone tell me over the weekend that Davis is taking the fall.  They are trying to set him up with a job with the Giants.
Heard the same thing down in Florida. It was pretty apparent that Davis "fell on the sword"
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

revolution

It's such a relief that Bo Davis acted without knowledge or coordination with any other Bama coaches or personnel!  So sad and unfair when a rogue coach or booster causes an upstanding university to be brought under suspicion!

I'm glad Satan was able to dodge responsibility for this unfortunate incident.  Everyone knows he is above reproach and wouldn't be a part of deceiving or not following established principles.

jbcarol

UTSA coach Frank Wilson remains committed to defensive line coach Bo Davis after the NCAA ruled that the assistant acted "unethically" while recruiting at Alabama last year

Davis was slapped with a two-year show cause penalty Friday that will restrict from all off-campus recruiting through April 13, 2019

QuoteNCAA ruled that Davis "knowingly committed" a recruiting violation when he participated in an impermissible meeting arranged by a booster with four prospects at their high school in Houston. 

"It was of no surprise to us after it became public knowledge," Wilson said. "We're committed to him and his commitment to us improving us. He makes us such a better team from a teaching standpoint, from a technical standpoint, a mentor to these young men and his ability to teach and help us become a better program."

Davis' inability to recruit away from UTSA won't hurt his value with the team, Wilson said. His coaching and recruiting talents earlier made him one of the rising stars in the profession as he helped lead Alabama to the 2016 national championship over Clemson.

"When you have a guy with that kind of pedigree, you can recruit to him," Wilson said. "He doesn't necessarily have to be out there at times. I'm not out there in the spring and so we'll do a lot of work while the coaches are out on the road, evaluating and corresponding with them while they are doing those site visits."

UTSA had done what Wilson referred to as "due diligence" with extensive conversation with Alabama and the NCAA before Davis was ever hired.

His association with Wilson goes back many years when the UTSA head coach was directing high school football teams in New Orleans and Davis was a strength and conditioning coach at LSU.

"We are reviewing the information, but stay strong to our commitment to Coach Davis and his family," UTSA athletic director Lynn Hickey said in a statement. "In the research that we did prior to making the position offer to Coach Davis, we received positive responses about him from his previous employers and his role in their programs.

"We feel very comfortable with the upside and opportunity this hire provides our program, in that we have gained an outstanding coach and teacher for our young men. We will be diligent in working with the NCAA and Coach Davis to comply with the directives that he has been given by the NCAA."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net