Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Miss. State '16 recruit Jeffrey Simmons beats down woman on video

Started by BigSexyHog, March 27, 2016, 10:05:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Five-star-signee-Jeffery-Simmons-apologizes-for-punching-woman-44497381

Yes, I know there is a thread already but this deserves it's own post.  Get ready for Miss Stank to make him team captain.  Pathetic
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

kodiakisland

Dang.  Those two should at least see a day in court over that.  Pretty pathetic that a guy that big feels the need to throw multiple punches into a girls head while she's on the ground.  Wonder if he is still welcome at Miss State?  My feeling is Bielema would tell him he no longer has a place here.

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

BigSexyHog

Yeah its pretty bad but I doubt Miss Stank does anything and even of they do 25 schools will be lining up to sign him.  It's all about W's

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 27, 2016, 10:06:45 pm
Yeah its pretty bad but I doubt Miss Stank does anything and even of they do 25 schools will be lining up to sign him.  It's all about W's

Although I agree with what you are saying... That kid needs jail time.

Rzbakfromwaybak

This seems to be the normal every year in the offseason.  Some high ranking recruit beating up some woman.  Disgusting, & needs to be arrested.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

BigSexyHog

IronMountainHog

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4699895-mississippi-recruit-video-assault-tate-football-2016-recruiting-class-jeffrey-simmons

Highest rated 5 star incoming recruit for Mississippi State was caught on video pummeling a woman last week with his fists. Will Coach Mullen do the right thing and release him or sweep this under the rug? I am thankful to have a man of integrity in Coach B running things up here.

AirWarren

He will sign continue to sign. With flying colors.

Not many people are excused from these types of actions in society.  But a 5 star blue chip athlete that MISS STATE needs, he will be.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

southarkhog06

hobhog

Guess you better not mention his nephews or family around him.....which everyone will now that they know his Kryptonite.

OLDHOG

jgphillips3

pigture perfect

I believe some sort of punishment will ensue, just how much would be the question.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PorkRinds

Quote from: hobhog on March 28, 2016, 12:26:47 pm
Guess you better not mention his nephews or family around him.....which everyone will now that they know his Kryptonite.

Yep.  His opponents will now have a good idea how to get into his head, if nothing else.  In all reality, he's just using that as an excuse for the fact that he beat a woman.

Pig in the Pokey

Wow. He hit that poor woman like 10 times. Then let her get whipped by a 500 lb woman. That wasn't right!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 28, 2016, 12:38:07 pm
I believe some sort of punishment will ensue, just how much would be the question.

Mullen will probably suspend him from spring practice.............since he's still in high school.

porkinsons disease

1 year "suspension " at most, which will just be used as a redshirt year
The Joe Mixon treatment
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

3kgthog

There are mistakes of judgment and mistakes of character. I believe this qualifies as the latter.

go hogues

Mullen has to keep up with the Beav up North - who would for sure do nothing - so the punishment will be carried out before league play arrives.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hoghiker

The_Iceman

Quote from: southarkhog06 on March 28, 2016, 12:19:51 pm
Sooners lock

I would say Auburn lock, but Bob Stoops loves him those women beaters.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 28, 2016, 01:13:39 pm
I would say Auburn lock, but Bob Stoops loves him those women beaters.

Certainly won't be Tenner.  They prefer their assaults on females to be of a different variety...

Seebs

The right thing? Good Lord - what was right about any of that?  no decisions need to be made - that is a closed case.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hog in Iowa

I wonder if Mullen will pull a "Les Miles" and let the team vote whether to suspend him or not?  We all know what the outcome of that one will be and that way the coach can claim it was out of his hands.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

lahawg1

I really don't think FB should be an option at this point. There should be significant jail time over this, a 5 ft 175# woman against a 6 ft 3 275# man is no match IMHO.

And I don't care who he is or where he is committed too.

AirWarren

cardinalandwhite

She was talking bad about my deceased nephews, and I was raised in church! Sure sounds contrite.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

lasthog

Do the right thing? Drop him like a hot potato.

In the current invironment in football, retaining him would be a Pyrrhic victory, IMO.

Hog_Swanson

Mods, take this down if I'm breaking rules.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

26.2Hog

Quote from: hobhog on March 28, 2016, 12:26:47 pm

Exactly. I mean can you imagine the things that will be said to him by opposing players if/when he plays in a collegiate football game?

DeltaBoy

Sad can you say Call Baylor or Houston.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

southarkhog06

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 28, 2016, 01:15:01 pm
Certainly won't be Tenner.  They prefer their assaults on females to be of a different variety...
I wonder if Mullen is telling the guy that shot the video that he betrayed the team?........

PorkRinds

After watching the video it becomes obvious that his excuse and apology was complete crap.  He wasn't defending anyone's honor.  The woman was already getting her butt kicked.  He just jumped in on it.  He was giddy and excited, you can tell by the way he was jumping around.  Not only that, he left the fight and then came BACK to it. 

Paul

Justifiable Hogicide

Surprised he didn't pick Ole Miss in the first place.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 28, 2016, 02:14:53 pm
After watching the video it becomes obvious that his excuse and apology was complete crap.  He wasn't defending anyone's honor.  The woman was already getting her butt kicked.  He just jumped in on it.  He was giddy and excited, you can tell by the way he was jumping around.  Not only that, he left the fight and then came BACK to it.
This is exactly what I thought after watching it.  He got his cheap thoughts in and didn't realize someone was filming it.

Edit: He is only sorry that he got caught.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 28, 2016, 02:18:27 pm
This is exactly what I thought after watching it.  He got his cheap thoughts in and didn't realize someone was filming it.

Edit: He is only sorry that he got caught.

Not only that, he hit the woman while she was laying on the ground!

bkjbearcat

The last thing any coach wants to see is his 5 star prize recruit on World Star Hip-Hop.

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Bam, Alright Now

Hell if Mullen was smart he would double down and give an offer to the Big Bertha partner in crime and slap her on the O line next year.

AirWarren

Quote from: dk44 on March 28, 2016, 02:31:00 pm
Hell if Mullen was smart he would double down and give an offer to the Big Bertha partner in crime and slap her on the O line next year.

Great avatar.

BAM. ALRIGHT NOW!

26.2Hog

BOAR_N2BWILD

No I don't think Dan Mullen will do the right thing because it is months away from football and everyone will "forget" by then. I think it will be an apology type thing.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

dbhog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on March 28, 2016, 12:19:51 pm
Sooners lock

He would fit right in with Joe Mixon for the Sooners.  Cannot stomach people who beat up women.

rmcchris

Out first half of first game, a MS thing.  He should be in jail.  The star thing doesn't always work out and as someone put it, might just be their own karma and poison.

greasy_corner

Smokehouse

Quote from: porkinsons disease on March 28, 2016, 12:48:23 pm
1 year "suspension " at most, which will just be used as a redshirt year
The Joe Mixon treatment

The difference between him and Mixon is that the tape of Mixon never went public (the victim is keeping a tight lid on it so its release doesn't mess with the civil suit against Mixon). OU reporters (some of whom got access to watch the video) seem pretty convinced that had it gotten out, Stoops hand would have been forced more than it was.

Regardless of what Mullen wants to do, this is going to turn into too big of a PR disaster if he doesn't kick him off the team, I would think.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

go hogues

Quote from: Smokehouse on March 28, 2016, 07:45:31 pm
Regardless of what Mullen wants to do, this is going to turn into too big of a PR disaster if he doesn't kick him off the team, I would think.
Meh, the media infatuation with Ole Miss is just powerful enough to cover MSU too, which means writers will keep it contained until it either blows over or he's convicted. They never once spoke of the Nkemdiche thing last summer until well into the season after it had been sorted out.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

(notOM)Rebel123

Sad. And there is no excuse for his behavior...But why doesn't anyone ever question those who choose to just stand around doing nothing or would rather be videoing an incident with their cell phone instead of trying to break up a fight? crazy world we live in.
But....trying to help break it up doesn't mean joining in the fight & hitting a woman.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber