Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whatever happened to Booth Rand?

Started by lutherheggs, January 13, 2016, 11:12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lutherheggs

LLPL

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 13, 2016, 11:12:24 pm
Is he still around LR area?

He is the legal counsel for the Arkansas Insurance Commission in LR.

STLhawg

I remember him.  He used to run the forum I originally started on; I think that morphed into the Rivals forum (which is pretty much dead -- the free one anyway).

LLPL

Quote from: STLhawgg on January 13, 2016, 11:36:20 pm
I remember him.  He used to run the forum I originally started on; I think that morphed into the Rivals forum (which is pretty much dead -- the free one anyway).

Yeah he was the godfather with the original PigPen. He sold to rivals and still posts on their board from time to time. The free page is dead but their subscription forum is awesome.

Hambunctious

I miss the old Pigpen. We had some outrageous flame wars with other school's fans. It's hard to believe that was nearly 20 years ago when I stumbled upon it.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

DeltaBoy

Yep the Pig Pen the first one I stumbled across.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NaturalStateReb

The Pigpen was where everyone was back in the day--the first Razorback message board, back before the great Arkansas internet message board diaspora.  lol
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 14, 2016, 10:58:52 am
The Pigpen was where everyone was back in the day--the first Razorback message board, back before the great Arkansas internet message board diaspora.  lol

It was quite a diaspora.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

ChromDome35

I lived next door to Booth in the dorm at Hendrix.  He was always one of the most interesting people to talk to.  He is a good guy.

PlanoHog

Booth had T Shirts made for us to tailgate. I was known as "TheOtherWhiteMeat". Good times!
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: LLPL on January 14, 2016, 12:28:24 am
Yeah he was the godfather with the original PigPen. He sold to rivals and still posts on their board from time to time. The free page is dead but their subscription forum is awesome.

How can anything that relies on Trey Biddy and Danny West for content be awesome? Answer: It can't.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

I blame Lanny and Mark.
[CENSORED]!

Hollywood_HOGan45

I loved the PigPen. I remember preseason 2001 UNLV fans flooded the pig pen in droves because of their Vegas Bowl victory the previous season.

Hambunctious

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 14, 2016, 01:08:09 pm
I blame Lanny and Mark.

Nah, it was HiM, and The Truth that started the division, and then a few others I didn't know who wanted a "safe" place to talk sports.  The first 2 guys were/are true butt holes.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

Lanny

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 14, 2016, 01:08:09 pm
I blame Lanny and Mark.
I would too, I was an ass on Booth's board and finally grew up
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Bacons Rebellion

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Federal Protection Program.

At least it seemed that way.  One day I'm looking for the old board and ''poof'', gone.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

oldhawg

I still have one of my old pigpen T shirts ---- packed away somewhere in storage to be framed and put on my wall when I finally reach the day that I quit being a vagabond ---- or alternatively, put in my coffin with me if I never lose my wanderlust.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I often wonder what happened to HoginMemphis.  Wonder how he's handling the recent demise of Texas football. 
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

BadHog

How about when Booth turned the board green for the Oregon Ducks NCAA tournament run. I think that was in 2002 when the Arkansas program began its implosion
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Hognspace

That was the first place I ever posted.  Seems like it was in 94 or so that I found it.  Loved it.  I never knew the old kark board, but I heard it was even better than the pigpen.

greghog

Quote from: ChromDome35 on January 14, 2016, 11:38:29 am
I lived next door to Booth in the dorm at Hendrix.  He was always one of the most interesting people to talk to.  He is a good guy.

I was at Hendrix at that time too.  Can't remember what class Booth was in, 1985?  I was supposed to class of 1985, but didn't finish until 1986.

I talked to Booth a few times over the years, but it has been a while.

Razorbax

Actually the first true Razorback board was the old KARK board. We migrated to the Pigpen from there.

Arky

Quote from: Lanny on January 16, 2016, 06:11:51 am
Good for you. Booth was one of my best friends in high school. He was a good tennis player. Don't feel bad Lanny, Booth was an [CENSORED] too. Hey Booth, call your dad.

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: BadHog on January 16, 2016, 12:00:09 pm
How about when Booth turned the board green for the Oregon Ducks NCAA tournament run. I think that was in 2002 when the Arkansas program began its implosion
Ah yes, we became the RazorQuacks while Oregon was in the tournament.  I remember those days.

redeye

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 13, 2016, 11:12:24 pm
Is he still around LR area?

I thought he was in Jonesboro?!?

Quote from: PlanoHog on January 14, 2016, 11:52:17 am
Booth had T Shirts made for us to tailgate. I was known as "TheOtherWhiteMeat". Good times!

I remember you well.  You used to post a lot more under that pseudonym.

Quote from: Hognspace on January 16, 2016, 12:05:49 pm
That was the first place I ever posted.  Seems like it was in 94 or so that I found it.  Loved it.  I never knew the old kark board, but I heard it was even better than the pigpen.

I remember the old KARK board, but I don't remember it being better.  But I was in school and really busy back then, so I didn't post much on KARK or the Pigpen.  I think I used several different nicknames on the Pigpen, because I'd always forget my password, and now I can't remember any of them.

I stopped following Arkansas football altogether in those days, because of Nutt and because I was so busy.  I actually found Hogville while looking for the Pigpen after it had shut down and lurked here for a couple of years before joining.

I still posted enough to get an angry email from Skip, because he thought I'd posted something negative about his son.  The funny thing is that it wasn't me that posted it and I don't know why he thought it was.

That was probably my favorite moment.  IIRC, an Oregon board changed it's color to red out of respect.

I never knew Booth, but that mutha still owes me an Oregon t-shirt for picking the exact score of a basketball game.

GoldenCOHog

The real question is, what ever happened to Vin Ascolese?  Oh yeah, he's going to be watching on the sidelines next year when we crush TCU.  Carry on with this what-have-you.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: PlanoHog on January 14, 2016, 11:52:17 am

I'd love it if you went back to that name.  Much more creative.

In fact,, I remember you by that name.

TBH, I went by Question-Man in those days.
I'd moved away from the area for about 6-7 years, and everything I had was a question or an occasional opinion.  The Internet wasn't nearly as full of information in those days.  While not too catchy, it seemed appropriate.

Obviously, my name changed during the King Clown debacle.

It's been said on many an opposing teams boards that our board has the best, most creative names.  Let's carry that legacy on.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Lanny

Al Bundy

lumphog

Quote from: Lanny on January 16, 2016, 06:11:51 am
The TRUTH will set you FREE   ;)

DeltaBoy

Good Memories of long ago , I never joined the pig pen I just was a lurker.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: STLhawgg on January 13, 2016, 11:36:20 pm

Pigpen.   Every razorback fan board since has been little more than a watered down version. 

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Hambunctious on January 14, 2016, 01:18:04 am
I miss the old Pigpen. We had some outrageous flame wars with other school's fans. It's hard to believe that was nearly 20 years ago when I stumbled upon it.

Broom, BamaPerry.   Loved busting their grapes.

The flame war with one of the Volunteer boards the week of the '99 Tenn game, twas epic.

Pulled(PP)pork

whatever happened to those dolts from Ole Miss?

PP

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on January 22, 2016, 03:40:20 pm
whatever happened to those dolts from Ole Miss?

PP
Jacksonville (?) State happened.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 22, 2016, 06:45:59 pm
Jacksonville (?) State happened.
bwahahahahaha, that's one of those "where were you when this happened?" lol

PP

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MalvernHog

A ghost from the past:  MalvernHog, checking in.  It's fun to see some of y'all and some of the old names.

KARK was great; I lurked there but never posted there.  When Booth started the Pigpen, I migrated with the rest of the original crew. Somebody asked a question to which I knew the answer; I registered and answered it.  Several other people signed on that week, and were taking "place names", like BatesvilleHog and ConwayHog and RussellvilleHog.  I decided to rep the hometown and signed on as MalvernHog.  Rick B often called me "the stately MalvernHog," for reasons which escape me now. 

The Pigpen was the absolute Zenith of the message boards as far as I'm concerned.  It was great, we had a lot of fun, and I met lifelong friends off of it.  Who could forget the flame wars with the Ole Piss board, and Tiger's Lair, and Orangebloods (when we beat some Texas ass in Y2Cotton?  Or the quirky weirdness of the Auburn board (those guys had some great recipes).   The aforementioned RazorDucks (I was MalvernMallard for the occasion). 

The GSD raged (speaking of, there was Rage), and we learned to say DWRRS instead of Razorback Stadium. 

Good times, born when the Internet was new (I found the KARK board on Compuserv).  Had Arkansas.net dialup to start.  Took forever. Spent hours doing it.

Good times.

Best regards,
Nick
"MalvernHog"

elksnort

Quote from: Pyotr Tchaikhogsky on January 16, 2016, 11:28:52 am
I often wonder what happened to HoginMemphis.  Wonder how he's handling the recent demise of Texas football. 
I am curious about him as well. Major league smart ass, but I actually enjoyed his posts.

Biggus Piggus

Wow, an appearance from Malvern. Made my day.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

I still had dial up when I joined FF and you could read a post , comment hit Post and go get a drink and pee before it popped back up.

Knot2brite

Good lord those days were many many moons ago. I can't remember all the people that were on there. I have been the same name since first getting on pigpen ....many many days ago
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

OneTuskOverTheLine™

That was awesome... I changed my moniker to OneDuckOverTheLine for that one..!  That was a Crazy March.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: MalvernHog on April 25, 2017, 11:40:45 am
A ghost from the past:  MalvernHog, checking in.  It's fun to see some of y'all and some of the old names.

KARK was great; I lurked there but never posted there.  When Booth started the Pigpen, I migrated with the rest of the original crew. Somebody asked a question to which I knew the answer; I registered and answered it.  Several other people signed on that week, and were taking "place names", like BatesvilleHog and ConwayHog and RussellvilleHog.  I decided to rep the hometown and signed on as MalvernHog.  Rick B often called me "the stately MalvernHog," for reasons which escape me now. 

The Pigpen was the absolute Zenith of the message boards as far as I'm concerned.  It was great, we had a lot of fun, and I met lifelong friends off of it.  Who could forget the flame wars with the Ole Piss board, and Tiger's Lair, and Orangebloods (when we beat some Texas ass in Y2Cotton?  Or the quirky weirdness of the Auburn board (those guys had some great recipes).   The aforementioned RazorDucks (I was MalvernMallard for the occasion). 

The GSD raged (speaking of, there was Rage), and we learned to say DWRRS instead of Razorback Stadium. 

Good times, born when the Internet was new (I found the KARK board on Compuserv).  Had Arkansas.net dialup to start.  Took forever. Spent hours doing it.

Good times.

Best regards,
Nick
"MalvernHog"

Ha ! I switched from dial up to Roadrunner cable internet in 1999 just cause the Pigpen loaded so slow on dial up  ;D

Lanny

Quote from: MalvernHog on April 25, 2017, 11:40:45 am

Good times.

Best regards,
Nick
"MalvernHog"

glad to see your return, stay awhile

Al Bundy

Lanny

Ah the Pigpen, Truth, Hoginmemphis myself and others were total asses on Booths board

Al Bundy

PlanoHog

Nick! Wasn't HogInMemphis a pastor?
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

Lanny

Quote from: PlanoHog on April 25, 2017, 06:16:35 pm
Nick! Wasn't HogInMemphis a pastor?
lol no he wasn't.  Do you miss HIM?

Al Bundy

grayhawg

ricepig

Quote from: Lanny on April 25, 2017, 06:18:36 pm
lol no he wasn't.  Do you miss HIM?

Maybe he was confusing those TV evangelist as the same profession as HIM.......