Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok State

Started by -Blu, October 06, 2015, 02:09:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Inhogswetrust

I vote BS........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jjdlc

Wow, yeah, unless he has some pretty solid proof laying around, I don't see that case getting anywhere.

Hawg Red

Wow.

This is.......something.

Hawg Red

Also, we dodged a bullet by not getting that kid.

hogsanity

this is a story that you almost hope is true, just because it is so whacked out, then you hope it is not true for the same reason.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Hogfather

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 06, 2015, 02:14:59 pm
I vote BS…………………...

Complete crap.  The guy isn't good enough/couldn't make it and is trying to find someone else to blame for his failures.  Trying to get an easy paycheck.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The Hogfather on October 07, 2015, 07:56:07 am
Complete crap.  The guy isn't good enough/couldn't make it and is trying to find someone else to blame for his failures.  Trying to get an easy paycheck.

The_Iceman

Quote from: The Hogfather on October 07, 2015, 07:56:07 am

He was a 4-star guard with deep range and a Top 100 recruit. I think he had his problems, and is at fault for where is his, but I also don't believe Ok State is innocent in this either.

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 07, 2015, 09:41:15 am
He was a 4-star guard with deep range and a Top 100 recruit. I think he had his problems, and is at fault for where is his, but I also don't believe Ok State is innocent in this either.

Mustain was the #1 player in the nation.  Darius Winston was a 5-star. 

Ol' Stevie was overrated and couldn't stay out of trouble.  And the star of the team subjected him to "hazing and disrespect"?  Cry me a frucking river.  This lawsuit epitomizes the sissified society we have become, where everyone is just looking for an easy way out, someone else to blame for their failures, handouts, etc.

The Hogfather

The line that makes me sick (because it shows what I think is the attitude of many college players who play college sports):

Quote"Stevie Clark had worked his whole life towards an NBA career, which due to the actions of Defendants, is an impossibility"

Give me a break!

-Blu

Quote from: The Hogfather on October 07, 2015, 12:24:26 pm
Mustain was the #1 player in the nation.  Darius Winston was a 5-star. 

Ol' Stevie was overrated and couldn't stay out of trouble.  And the star of the team subjected him to "hazing and disrespect"?  Cry me a frucking river.  This lawsuit epitomizes the sissified society we have become, where everyone is just looking for an easy way out, someone else to blame for their failures, handouts, etc.

You care to enlighten us on exactly what happened?  I wasn't aware any verdict had been made or evidence proven/disproved.  We don't know if Ford is in the wrong or if Stevie is, my guess is like Iceman both were in the wrong somewhere.  Either way it's one crazy story.

Also, it's not a reach to say the kid had NBA potential, he was a highly touted recruit, in the right situation I could see him playing in the NBA, quick, nice shooter, athlete, there's kids like him in the draft every year, he reminds me a lot of Jameer Nelson.  Same thing with Mustain.  Had Mustain not got in the middle of the Nutt/Gus drama there's no telling where he would be right now.

The Hogfather

Quote from: -Blu on October 07, 2015, 01:14:43 pm
You care to enlighten us on exactly what happened?  I wasn't aware any verdict had been made or evidence proven/disproved.  We don't know if Ford is in the wrong or if Stevie is, my guess is like Iceman both were in the wrong somewhere.  Either way it's one crazy story.

Also, it's not a reach to say the kid had NBA potential, he was a highly touted recruit, in the right situation I could see him playing in the NBA, quick, nice shooter, athlete, there's kids like him in the draft every year, he reminds me a lot of Jameer Nelson.  Same thing with Mustain.  Had Mustain not got in the middle of the Nutt/Gus drama there's no telling where he would be right now.

Wow.  Hilarious that Nutt/Gus drama ruined Mustain and Clark would be in the NBA had Ford and Marcus Smart not mistreated him so badly.  Like I said, give me a break.

-Blu

Quote from: The Hogfather on October 08, 2015, 11:54:10 am
Wow.  Hilarious that Nutt/Gus drama ruined Mustain and Clark would be in the NBA had Ford and Marcus Smart not mistreated him so badly.  Like I said, give me a break.

Nobody said anything about him being in the NBA had this not happened, I'm saying he had NBA aspirations (as does most highly touted recruits).  And it's not far fetched to say in the right situation he could have positioned himself to make that dream happen.  Your acting like the kid was some low 3-star recruit.  He was a top 75 player, same as Jimmy Whitt, and Whitt has expressed his goal is to be an NBA player, does he need to give you a break as well?  Obviously we are all just speculating on what happened, but you seem to have taken it personal like the kid is lying on your brother or something, the way your acting I thought you might know more details, that's why I asked you to enlighten me, because all I know is what's in the article, I don't know who's telling the truth or not.

And as far as Mitch Mustain, he was the #1 QB coming out,  You can debate all day on what really did or didn't happen with him here at Arkansas, but there's no debating that he was expected to end up a NFL QB and that was the goal for him.  And whatever happened here did directly affect his career.

The Hogfather

Quote from: -Blu on October 08, 2015, 12:56:15 pm
Nobody said anything about him being in the NBA had this not happened, I'm saying he had NBA aspirations (as does most highly touted recruits).  And it's not far fetched to say in the right situation he could have positioned himself to make that dream happen.  Your acting like the kid was some low 3-star recruit.  He was a top 75 player, same as Jimmy Whitt, and Whitt has expressed his goal is to be an NBA player, does he need to give you a break as well?  Obviously we are all just speculating on what happened, but you seem to have taken it personal like the kid is lying on your brother or something, the way your acting I thought you might know more details, that's why I asked you to enlighten me, because all I know is what's in the article, I don't know who's telling the truth or not.

And as far as Mitch Mustain, he was the #1 QB coming out,  You can debate all day on what really did or didn't happen with him here at Arkansas, but there's no debating that he was expected to end up a NFL QB and that was the goal for him.  And whatever happened here did directly affect his career.

Ratings coming out of high school mean NOTHING.  Clark obviously wasn't as good as his ranking and couldn't make it to be a star in college, let alone make an NBA team.

Just another guy who had smoke blown up his arse so long he thought he was an NBA star before he even started college.  When he couldn't hang, made bad choices, and ultimately failed, he decided to go looking for other people to blame, rather than accepting responsibility for his failures.

I can guarantee you some of the stuff in there isn't true.  Most of the stuff listed in this "lawsuit" is ridiculous.  They didn't fulfill promises of a car?  Ha!  Maybe he should've played better.  He was tormented by an older star player?  Who hasn't dealt with that?  Is that worth money?  They forced him to take psychotropic drugs against his will?  The likely scenario was he was having issues and the team doctors put him on these drugs to help him with his issues. 

Ford caused him to pee out of a moving vehicle within view of a cop, too, I'm sure.

He didn't get to play as much as he was "promised"?  Yeah, there's a reason for that.  He wasn't as good as they thought he'd be.  Coaches promise players playing time all the time in the recruitment process.  If those players come in and can't hack it, they don't get to play anyway.  They sit their arses on the bench.  Should every non-starter sue?

They refused to release him to a D1 school?  Maybe a particular one.  HIGHLY doubt they denied his release to every D1 school.  And, even if they did, I think they have that right.  I wouldn't want our coach doing something like that and I don't like coaches doing that, but they can if they want.

He transferred to a community college where he couldn't last, either, so he left.  Now, he's suing because he doesn't want to take personal responsibility for his failures.

The Hogfather

howie76

Wonder why he left Indian hills and walked away from basketball? If he was that good couldn't he have made it to the nba from there?

-Blu

Quote from: The Hogfather on October 08, 2015, 01:30:51 pm
Ratings coming out of high school mean NOTHING.  Clark obviously wasn't as good as his ranking and couldn't make it to be a star in college, let alone make an NBA team.

Just another guy who had smoke blown up his arse so long he thought he was an NBA star before he even started college.  When he couldn't hang, made bad choices, and ultimately failed, he decided to go looking for other people to blame, rather than accepting responsibility for his failures.

I can guarantee you some of the stuff in there isn't true.  Most of the stuff listed in this "lawsuit" is ridiculous.  They didn't fulfill promises of a car?  Ha!  Maybe he should've played better.  He was tormented by an older star player?  Who hasn't dealt with that?  Is that worth money?  They forced him to take psychotropic drugs against his will?  The likely scenario was he was having issues and the team doctors put him on these drugs to help him with his issues. 

Ford caused him to pee out of a moving vehicle within view of a cop, too, I'm sure.

He didn't get to play as much as he was "promised"?  Yeah, there's a reason for that.  He wasn't as good as they thought he'd be.  Coaches promise players playing time all the time in the recruitment process.  If those players come in and can't hack it, they don't get to play anyway.  They sit their arses on the bench.  Should every non-starter sue?

They refused to release him to a D1 school?  Maybe a particular one.  HIGHLY doubt they denied his release to every D1 school.  And, even if they did, I think they have that right.  I wouldn't want our coach doing something like that and I don't like coaches doing that, but they can if they want.

He transferred to a community college where he couldn't last, either, so he left.  Now, he's suing because he doesn't want to take personal responsibility for his failures.

So anytime a kid disagrees with the coach, has a bad attitude, done something stupid, transfers, or whatever the case may be, that automatically means he was overrated and couldn't hang and looking for someone to blame something on?  Gotcha.  And you contradicted yourself, your saying the kid was the problem, but then said maybe the coach did do some of that stuff, but he can lie and do whatever he wants if the kid isn't good.  LOL

Like I said, I don't know what happened, but you seem to have a pet peeve or something about kids who said anything wrong about coaches.  This story is kinda out there, but I honestly don't know, so I'm not going to come on here and bad mouth a kid or the coach, when I have 0 facts.  And your just assuming the worst, since he's done some questionable things in his past. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: -Blu on October 08, 2015, 03:13:38 pm
So anytime a kid disagrees with the coach, has a bad attitude, done something stupid, transfers, or whatever the case may be, that automatically means he was overrated and couldn't hang and looking for someone to blame something on?  Gotcha.

Yep, that's exactly what I said. 

QuoteLike I said, I don't know what happened, but you seem to have a pet peeve or something about kids who said anything wrong about coaches.  This story is kinda out there, but I honestly don't know, so I'm not going to come on here and bad mouth a kid or the coach, when I have 0 facts.  And your just assuming the worst, since he's done some questionable things in his past. 

That's your choice.  Good for you.  You're such a great guy.

It does piss me off when people try to blame others for their failures.  That goes for anyone, not just this kid.  Our whole society is heading that way.  Everything negative that happens to them is someone else's fault.  I see it all the time.

The Hogfather

Quote from: howie76 on October 08, 2015, 02:32:04 pm
Wonder why he left Indian hills and walked away from basketball? If he was that good couldn't he have made it to the nba from there?

Because he's a flake who can't do the right things/work hard enough to fulfill his dreams.  It doesn't matter how much talent you have if you can't get your mind right.  You end up failing and blaming everyone else.

-Blu

Quote from: The Hogfather on October 08, 2015, 03:19:16 pm
Yep, that's exactly what I said. 

That's your choice.  Good for you.  You're such a great guy.

It does piss me off when people try to blame others for their failures.  That goes for anyone, not just this kid.  Our whole society is heading that way.  Everything negative that happens to them is someone else's fault.  I see it all the time.

So, your making society a better place by coming on messages boards calling college kids every name in the book, when you know absolutely nothing about the situation and having a guilty until proven innocent mentality.  That's a sure fire way to make society better.  And IMO, that's what wrong with society.  We have too many people on their high horses judging everyone and vilify anyone who doesn't agree with them.  What's funny about that is the people that are the most judgmental are usually the one's with the most to hide.

The Hogfather

Quote from: -Blu on October 08, 2015, 03:40:20 pm
So, your making society a better place by coming on messages boards calling college kids every name in the book, when you know absolutely nothing about the situation and having a guilty until proven innocent mentality.  That's a sure fire way to make society better.  And IMO, that's what wrong with society.  We have too many people on their high horses judging everyone and vilify anyone who doesn't agree with them.  What's funny about that is the people that are the most judgmental are usually the one's with the most to hide.

Ok, buddy.  Got it.  If you prefer to keep your head in the sand and ignore the multitude of examples of this kid's poor decisions that ultimately caused his failures, that's fine.  I don't need to be involved in the investigation to see what happened here.

HawgAdvocate

We have too many people on their high horses judging everyone and vilify anyone who doesn't agree with them.  What's funny about that is the people that are the most judgmental are usually the one's with the most to hide.

'Do as I say...'

So, your making society a better place by coming on messages boards calling college kids every name in the book, when you know absolutely nothing about the situation and having a guilty until proven innocent mentality.  That's a sure fire way to make society better.  And IMO, that's what wrong with society.

'...not as I do.'
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hogimus Prime

Blah the kid isn't as good as he thought he was and Ford is good recruiter but not a good bench coach.