Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CeCe Jefferson and Florida update

Started by jbcarol, February 04, 2015, 01:00:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

February 04, 2015, 01:00:23 pm Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:29:49 pm by jbcarol
Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi  ·  42 minutes ago

Who will it be for CeCe? RT @cecejeferson7:

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Dropkick

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger @DellengerAdv  ·  20 minutes ago

RT @Sheadixon: CeCe Jefferson showed up to his announcement ceremony in #LSU gear. 2 days after he cuts them.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger @DellengerAdv  ·  19 minutes ago

.... RT @ThomasGoldkamp: 5-star CeCe Jefferson walking out of his house. Interesting decor - http://florida.247sports.com/Board/14/Contents/Live-updates-CeCe-Jefferson-announcement-update-35384839 ...

jbcarol

CeCe on his mom: If she wanted to do all this crying, she should've waited until the camera was over.

william.lane123

Hugehogsfan

Eh, they've been "stealing" from each other all day long.  Good to see Florida take one from them. 

RyeHogFan

The_Boot_stops_here

will be interesting to see how it ends up with Cowart...he pledged to Aubbie this morning on TV but did not send in his NLI...is now re-considering the Gators

DeltaBoy

LOL could not happen to a more deserving team.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JansterZ71

Quote from: william.lane123 on February 04, 2015, 01:14:38 pm
Ce Ce Jefferson
When was he ever committed to Auburn?  Auburn realized it was an Ole Miss / Florida Battle
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

The_Iceman

JackJohnson

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 04, 2015, 01:17:38 pm
will be interesting to see how it ends up with Cowart...he pledged to Aubbie this morning on TV but did not send in his NLI...is now re-considering the Gators

that would be fantastic- UF isn't on our schedule for a while, or at the least we won't play them every year those guys are there

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on February 04, 2015, 01:16:27 pm
Eh, they've been "stealing" from each other all day long.  Good to see Florida take one from them. 

Before it's over they take Cowart too.

texas tush hog

February 04, 2015, 01:19:59 pm #15 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:30:07 pm by texas tush hog
Quote from: JackJohnson on February 04, 2015, 01:18:54 pm
that would be fantastic- UF isn't on our schedule for a while, or at the least we won't play them every year those guys are there

Sorry, Florida is coming to RRS in 2016 along with Texas State, Alabama, LSU, and Ole Miss. TCU and A&M in The DFW metroplex.

JackJohnson

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 04, 2015, 01:19:59 pm
Sorry, they are coming to the hill in 2016.

once is better than 3/4 times though wouldn't you agree?  ;)

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  15 minutes ago

In talking about decision CeCe Jefferson mentions proximity from Gainesville to home.

texas tush hog

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 04, 2015, 01:21:15 pm
once is better than 3/4 times though wouldn't you agree?  ;)

Without a doubt.

ricepig

Sorry, Florida is coming to RRS in 2016 along with Texas State, Alabama, LSU, and Ole Miss. TCU and A&M in The DFW metroplex.

Link?

Hoggish1

Sorry, Florida is coming to RRS in 2016

'but time.  What was the deal with having to go to the Swamp the last two times we played them?

Calling All Hogs

I haven't kept up with Auburn recruiting. Have all of the Auburn recruits that signed LOI today had their probation officers sign off on them leaving the jurisdiction to play at Auburn? 

MrKnowItAll

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on February 04, 2015, 01:39:10 pm
I haven't kept up with Auburn recruiting. Have all of the Auburn recruits that signed LOI today had their probation officers sign off on them leaving the jurisdiction to play at Auburn? 

That could require a FOI for the LOI information from the FBI.

onebadrubi

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 04, 2015, 01:18:05 pm
When was he ever committed to Auburn?  Auburn realized it was an Ole Miss / Florida Battle

Nice attempt to downplay your school's moment of embarrassment, the kid came out and said Auburn this morning. 

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi  ·  30 minutes ago

RT @Frank_Frangie: CeCe Jefferson just told me on-air he is faxing the letter-of-intent to UF tomorrow morning. So you can relax.

JansterZ71

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 04, 2015, 01:49:52 pm
Nice attempt to downplay your school's moment of embarrassment, the kid came out and said Auburn this morning.
You are confusing Byron Cowart & CeCe Jefferson.   This thread is about CeCe committing to Florida.  Cowart committed to Auburn this morning and sent his letter of Intent at 3:00.  There was definitely drama but nothing embarrassing for Auburn.  Pretty crazy story if you get a chance to read about it.  But I appreciate you coming into this thread and talking about recruits you have no idea about and recruits who Arkansas was not actively recruiting. 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 04, 2015, 01:49:52 pm

#6 recruiting class in the nation and signed the #1 player in the nation. Super embarrassing. Not to mention you are referencing two different incidents smh

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi  ·  16 minutes ago

Spoke an hour ago to CeCe Jefferson's dad Leo, who said he won't sign his son's LOI. Also said T. Williams going to MIA. It's now official.

Five-star DE CeCe's Jefferson father, Leo: "You tell the Gainesville Sun that he isn't going to fax it in. I won't let him."

7 @cecejeferson7  ·  10 minutes ago

Coach Williams really left?.......

jbcarol

Edgar Thompson @osgators  ·  39 minutes ago

CeCe Jefferson's indecision, Terrell Williams' decision give #Gators a post NSD hangover: http://bit.ly/1yNbOV7

CeCe Jefferson's coach at Baker County, Tom McPherson, called it, "a family matter," and did not elaborate.

At signing party Wed, CeCe said choice to remain close to home "was big for me and (mother). My dad, he takes care of himself. Leo's Leo."

jbcarol

Derek Tyson @DerekTysonESPN  ·  59 minutes ago
Reports that UF D-line coach Terrell Williams headed to Dolphins. For what it's worth, CeCe Jefferson knew this was coming.

Keith Niebuhr @Keith247Sports  ·  43 minutes ago
Not the least bit surprised #NSD drama found who it found. To my colleagues in the biz, what say you?

Barton Simmons @bartonsimmons  ·  27 minutes ago
Here's why Florida's DL coach is still relevant to CeCe Jefferson: http://olemiss.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-still-waiting-for-5-star-CeCe-Jefferson-to-fax-LOI-35424151 ...

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi  ·  29 seconds ago

Five-star DE CeCe Jefferson's LOI fax to #UF on hold | http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20150205/ARTICLES/150209797 ... via @Gator_sports #Gators

QuoteFive-star defensive end CeCe Jefferson is a Gator, but his future at Florida is still not official and may be in jeopardy.

His letter of intent never came through the fax machine Wednesday, and as of his Thursday afternoon it still hadn't been sent according to his father, Leo Jefferson.

"No sir, and it's not going to," he said. "You tell the Gainesville Sun that he isn't going to fax it in. I won't let him."

Jefferson turned 19 last week. His father, however, said he still has to approve the LOI, which Jefferson signed in front of ESPNU cameras with his mother by his side in tears.

"What made me decide on Florida is I feel at home there," Jefferson said on the ESPNU telecast. "And I'll be close to my family. So if I ever need anything, it's just a skip and hop from them to come bring me something."

...During his conversation with The Sun, the elder Jefferson also expressed concern about UF defensive line coach Terrell Williams possibly going to the Miami Dolphins.

jbcarol

Mike Farrell @rivalsmike  ·  51 minutes ago

Just received a text from Leo, the father of CeCe Jefferson, stating that he isn't refusing to sign his son's letter. No other response yet.

I have to assume the DL change has something to do with the delay in Jefferson's letter to #Gators

jbcarol

Mike Farrell @rivalsmike  ·  14 minutes ago

FYI you have to be 21 to sign an LOI by yourself without a parent or guardian. CeCe Jefferson is 19 years old. #Gators

jbcarol

JC Shurburtt @jcshurburtt  ·  19 minutes ago

CeCe Jefferson still likely ends up with the #Gators but don't count #Auburn out of this. @RyanBartow @Keith247Sports

jbcarol

Derek Tyson @DerekTysonESPN  ·  25 minutes ago

$omething just seems off. Here's CeCe Jefferson's father (left) cheering yesterday when his son picked Florida.

jbcarol

Jon Shumake @JonShu89  ·  9 minutes ago

CeCe Jefferson said he was planning on sending in his NLI today. Said maybe tomorrow, but added he's not changing commitment to #Florida.

NaturalStateReb

I think we should just settle this Auburn/Florida business by just having him sign with Ole Miss. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 05, 2015, 02:45:24 pm
I think we should just settle this Auburn/Florida business by just having him sign with Ole Miss. 

Leo Jefferson @frog2567  ·  Jan 25
Great exit visit with Coach Freeze

jbcarol

Leo Jefferson @frog2567  ·  46 minutes ago
Yes we are holding out. Florida making to many coaching changes this is not a game it's my son life (sic)

jbcarol

Barrett Sallee @BarrettSallee  ·  5 hours ago

I get the feeling CeCe Jefferson has a PhD in trolling.

jbcarol

7 @cecejeferson7  ·  2 hours ago
I haven't sent in my LOI because someone told me a few days before NSD that williams was leaving,why send it in without being sure ?

Im a Gator my dude!  Forget all these rumors that I was paid,my parents disagreed w my decision, all of that..My last tweet is whyi held out

So to all my haters,It's still Gator Gang!

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo  ·  5 hours ago
Bielema: If a guy's going to be releasing balloons and pulling out a hat on signing day, he's probably not for me. Not always the case.

jbcarol

Leo Jefferson @frog2567  ·  1 hour ago
I just wanna say to everyone who tweeted there opinion does any of y'all have a son who's being recruited. If not then keep quiet # FROG

jbcarol

Edgar Thompson @osgators  ·  2 hours ago
The kid better be the next Fred Dean or something.

jbcarol

@cecejeferson7  ·  23 minutes ago
I just wanna kick my feet up and eat some oysters rn...

jbcarol

Robbie Andreu @RobbieAndreu  ·  13 hours ago

CeCe's dad, not CeCe, is saying he is holding out. Holding out implies he wants something before he agrees. So, what is he holding out for?

jbcarol

Leo Jefferson @frog2567  ·  10 hours ago
Why is it ok for a school to withhold certain information that is important to a kids decision? But its not ok for a kid to change his mind

Leo Jefferson @frog2567  ·  9 hours ago
All I wanna know is where were all you guys while I was raising my son. Just saying

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  1 hour ago

CeCe Jefferson says position coach's departure is reason behind delay | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/ICqDG

QuoteLeo Jefferson said it was CeCe's decision, not his, to wait and not send in the LOI, adding that a rushed in-home visit and concern that Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley would have involvement in the hiring and firing of assistant coaches were also factors.

Keith Niebuhr @Keith247Sports  ·  Feb 5
Not the least bit surprised #NSD drama found who it found. To my colleagues in the biz, what say you?

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi  ·  43 minutes ago

Five-star DE @cecejeferson7 on the Chris Rumph hire: "Reunited and it feels so good! Haha" Rumph recruited Jefferson to Alabama in 2013.

jbcarol

7 retweeted
Courtney Jasmin @CourtneyReports  ·  15 minutes ago

Just spoke with @cecejeferson7. He's still committed to #Florida and could possibly send in his #LOI as early as Saturday.