Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marshall Henderson, all things

Started by jbcarol, January 27, 2013, 06:41:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorcash2

...he just seems so misunderstood.

husker71

He will never make it overseas.  If you cant get along with your teamates and are a bad character you either have an attitude adjustment or you are gone.  Players overseas are a dime a dozen.

Jborohog09

He wants to be the villain, but gets mad when people boo him.  What a thin-skinned punk.  I'd hate to be his teammate.

sickboy

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 26, 2013, 11:37:05 am
he didn't do jack. omg, u peeps are some drama queens.

btw, he'll be back next year. i plan to mention cocaine a few times when Piss heads up the Hill next season.

He did do this:

Before graduating from high school, Henderson was placed on probation for trying to buy $800 (59 grams) worth of marijuana with counterfeit money. Following that incident, while still on probation, he failed a drug test, testing positive for alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine. This, combined with his failing to perform community service as dictated, caused Henderson to have to serve 25 days in jail in the spring of 2012 at Tarrant County Jail in Texas.

Stand up dude, right there.

ThrillaHog

This guy is completely insane! Look at how he constantly has to have someone stop him from doing crazy stuff, he cannot control himself at all. Marshall Henderson will only get worse.

He has all these talking heads saying how much they love what he does and it just encourages him to act even more of a damn fool. I gurantee this idiot is on some kind of medication

HogSkinsDisease

The guy is a Moran to the nth degree.

Birminghog

Quote from: HogSkinsDisease on March 26, 2013, 06:07:39 pm
The guy is a Moran to the nth degree.

Related to Lester "Roadhog" Moran?

Birminghog

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 26, 2013, 10:23:06 am
Henderson is just a Rodman wanna be.

Yep.  Just waiting for him to go to N. Korea.

GuvHog

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on March 26, 2013, 12:07:38 pm
So it is perfectly acceptable to flip off the crowd after you kick a case of water bottles across the floor? If I had to guess, nobody said anything to him. He just didn't like being booed. If this was an isolated incident nobody would care. However, he has been acting a fool all season long. The kid has found trouble, and committed questionable acts at every school he has gone to. He is a ticking time bomb.

Ole Miss will be without Holloway, Buckner, and Nick Williams next season. Something tells me they will lose quite a few games. This won't be the last time we see him blow up after a loss. He will have plenty of chances next season.

Are you really serious??? If The Ole Miss head coach has even one grain of one-eyed sense, he'll send that guy packing ASAP and tell him not to let the door hit him in the Butt on the way out.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

daprospecta

Real is real.  He gets a pass because he is white but someone before summed it up.  He seems non-threatening so it's OK.  If you believe that B.J. Young could get away with his same antics then you are being irrational. Let's be honest. We live in a black/white country, it is what it is but I still I love this country and wouldn't trade it for any other country.

Wahls

Quote from: dacskc on March 26, 2013, 12:37:52 pm
There is probably some truth to what he said. The word "thug" is used much more frequently in predominantly black sports to describe players who act like Henderson does.

But that's not what Bomani said. Bomani was making the point that if MH was black, he wouldn't "get a pass".

To the guy who said that Mallett didn't get a pass due to performance, the guy was a projected top 10 pick and Henderson will be lucky to make the d-league. (If they even still have that.)

To me, whites that "act black" are treated more unfairly than other whites or even some other blacks because of some set irrational standard of how they're "supposed to act". So I would argue the exact opposite - that a large faction of whites actually hate on Henderson MORE because of the way he acts. We saw it with Mallett the WHOLE TIME he was here.

Manny Ramirez, Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, and to some degree, Allen Iverson come to mind as guys who got "a pass" on their antics, mostly due to ability, but because you can't really take these guys seriously - that's who they are and they're out there having fun. Sure they had their detractors, but so does Marshall Henderson.

IMO, I think the guy is an idiot (Henderson) but I find him entertaining on some levels, because he's kinda like that second grader that didn't get spanked enough and you're just wondering how far he's gonna test the waters - much in the same way like the guys I mentioned above. It didn't even resonate with me that Henderson was white until Bomani actually said that. This whole idea is such a foreign concept to me.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

daprospecta

Quote from: Wahls on March 26, 2013, 09:00:34 pm
But that's not what Bomani said. Bomani was making the point that if MH was black, he wouldn't "get a pass".

To the guy who said that Mallett didn't get a pass due to performance, the guy was a projected top 10 pick and Henderson will be lucky to make the d-league. (If they even still have that.)

To me, whites that "act black" are treated more unfairly than other whites or even some other blacks because of some set irrational standard of how they're "supposed to act". So I would argue the exact opposite - that a large faction of whites actually hate on Henderson MORE because of the way he acts. We saw it with Mallett the WHOLE TIME he was here.

Manny Ramirez, Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, and to some degree, Allen Iverson come to mind as guys who got "a pass" on their antics, mostly due to ability, but because you can't really take these guys seriously - that's who they are and they're out there having fun. Sure they had their detractors, but so does Marshall Henderson.

IMO, I think the guy is an idiot (Henderson) but I find him entertaining on some levels, because he's kinda like that second grader that didn't get spanked enough and you're just wondering how far he's gonna test the waters - much in the same way like the guys I mentioned above. It didn't even resonate with me that Henderson was white until Bomani actually said that. This whole idea is such a foreign concept to me.
You just described what the guy was talking about in your last paragraph whether you know it or not.  Would you think the same of a black kid(didn't get spanked enough)? I'm not turning this into a race war or calling you a racist but everybody in this country is racial, you, me and everybody. It is what it is.  Stop trying to sugar coat it.  There are double standards everywhere, black/white men/women, just the way the world turns.  I just hate when people try to act like that it's not like that.

Wahls

Quote from: daprospecta on March 26, 2013, 09:31:42 pm
You just described what the guy was talking about in your last paragraph whether you know it or not.  Would you think the same of a black kid(didn't get spanked enough)? I'm not turning this into a race war or calling you a racist but everybody in this country is racial, you, me and everybody. It is what it is.  Stop trying to sugar coat it.  There are double standards everywhere, black/white men/women, just the way the world turns.  I just hate when people try to act like that it's not like that.

I know you're not calling me racist. You're making a point. The problem is that your point is rooted in fantasy and paranoia. The question isn't if someone is racist or not, the question is that if Marshall Henderson was black, would he be treated the same way in the media. I'm arguing he would, and providing examples of black athletes that are similar to MH in the way they act, and still have loyal biracial followings.

I think of guys like Chad Johnson, Manny Ramirez, and even someone like Dennis Rodman the same way I think of Marshall Henderson. I tweet CJ on a regular basis. They're characters, and they're entertaining. They push boundaries. In many of the same ways that Marshall Henderson does. I think all those guys needed a little more structure in life. That said, they are who they are and they're harmless.

All of these guys during their careers were widely loved by whites and blacks alike. There's widespread proof of this. So frankly, I have no idea what your point is.

I'm gonna take a stab, you're either arguing a point that's entirely irrelevant, or it's either:

A. You're either arguing that Marshall Henderson is a much more egregious offender than Rodman, Manny Ramirez, Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, and countless others and doesn't belong in that category, subsequently.

or

B. Whites didn't give a "pass" to Rodman, Ramirez, CJ, TO, etc to begin with.

Which is it, and 'splain yourself.
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

daprospecta

Quote from: Wahls on March 26, 2013, 09:50:29 pm
I know you're not calling me racist. You're making a point. The problem is that your point is rooted in fantasy and paranoia. The question isn't if someone is racist or not, the question is that if Marshall Henderson was black, would he be treated the same way in the media. I'm arguing he would, and providing examples of black athletes that are similar to MH in the way they act, and still have loyal biracial followings.

I think of guys like Chad Johnson, Manny Ramirez, and even someone like Dennis Rodman the same way I think of Marshall Henderson. I tweet CJ on a regular basis. They're characters, and they're entertaining. They push boundaries. In many of the same ways that Marshall Henderson does. I think all those guys needed a little more structure in life. That said, they are who they are and they're harmless.

All of these guys during their careers were widely loved by whites and blacks alike. There's widespread proof of this. So frankly, I have no idea what your point is.

I'm gonna take a stab, you're either arguing a point that's entirely irrelevant, or it's either:

A. You're either arguing that Marshall Henderson is a much more egregious offender than Rodman, Manny Ramirez, Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, and countless others and doesn't belong in that category, subsequently.

or

B. Whites didn't give a "pass" to Rodman, Ramirez, CJ, TO, etc to begin with.

Which is it, and 'splain yourself.
Ok, first off, every black athlete you referenced are playing professionally, big difference.  I can't remember Chad Johnson flipping off fans(not to say it hasn't happened) but MH is doing it consistently.  It's not just a here and there occurrence.  It's one thing to be braggadocious i.e. Chad Johnson, T.O. and any player that scores in the NFL now for the most part but he's being disrespectful.  I would like for you to name an African American player IN COLLEGE HOOPS past or present who acts or acted the way MH does and was seen as ballsy or just competitive like MH.

Wahls

For you to make the point that playing professionally is a big difference, you're also have to make the point that whites give passes to black pro players, but not black college players. So this supposed "white bias" isn't racially motivated, it's now amateur vs professional and THEN it's racial.

...are you sure you wanna stick with that point?

I can't name a single black player in college hoops that acts quite like MH, and by your example, it doesn't seem like you can either.

How can you make the point that a black person would be treated differently if there's no equivalent black person (in your eyes only, I've named at least 5) to compare him to?

daprospecta

Quote from: Wahls on March 26, 2013, 10:18:13 pm
For you to make the point that playing professionally is a big difference, you're also making the point that whites give passes to black pro players, but not black college players. So this supposed "white bias" isn't racially motivated, it's now amateur vs professional and THEN it's racial.

...are you sure you wanna stick with that point?

I can't name a single black player in college hoops that acts quite like MH, and by your example, it doesn't seem like you can either.

How can you make the point that a black person would be treated differently if there's no equivalent black person to compare him to?
Your talking in circles now.  The reason why there is no one to compare him to is because black athletes that act like him are seen as troublemakers, thugs, etc.  It just is what it is.  Do you honestly disagree with that?

Ironhawg

Wahls

Quote from: daprospecta on March 26, 2013, 10:24:26 pm
Your talking in circles now.  The reason why there is no one to compare him to is because black athletes that act like him are seen as troublemakers, thugs, etc.  It just is what it is.  Do you honestly disagree with that?

I'm not talking in circles. I'm following the logic that you're putting out and extending it.

I totally DON'T disagree with the fact the kid either was or is a troublemaker. He is a boundary tester. He allegedly got caught buying drugs. This has been widely publicized. It's not like people have tried to hide it. You honestly believe if he got caught doing that tomorrow he wouldn't be labeled as such? Think if he broke into a dorm tomorrow he wouldn't have problems? Of course he is. Do you not remember the ****storm that accompanied every single thread in this forum about Rotnei Clarke stealing stuff from the locker room?

The point is this, he has a troubled past. He does things that are considered socially unacceptable. People have short memories about legal indiscretions, black or white - ask Cam Newton.

But just for kicks, go ahead and name a black college basketball player that is widely labeled as a troublemaker that you consider to be like Marshall Henderson. Explain why whites are too hard on him. We can have an adult conversation about race.

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

dacskc

Quote from: Wahls on March 26, 2013, 09:00:34 pm

That was what I was trying to say, I was just using the "thug" reference as an example of how differently blacks and whites can be viewed by the press for the same behavior. Would MH get a pass if he were black? IDK that he would. Conversely, how many times is a white kid referred to as "well-spoken?" It's just sort of accepted, it goes without saying. RGIII was well-spoken. Was Luck referred to that way? (maybe?? If so, I don't remember, but you know what I'm saying) Nobody ever says an Asian is "well-spoken." It's only commented on when pre-conceived notions are challenged.

I agree with you that whites, like Mallett, who are seen as not acting "white enough" are frowned upon. (then again RGIII wasn't "black enough.") It's crazy. Daprospecta is right, it is what it is, people who want to say they don't see color or differences in people( or "why do we have to talk about race") aren't helping anything. Differences in race, sex, height, weight, etc...are obvious to everyone and affect our interactions to one degree or another, to deny that that happens is pretty disingenuous. That's not to say that we shouldn't try to get past it though, and a good way to do that is to talk about it. People who don't try to discuss things rationally (just sweep things under the rug) aren't helping matters any. That's why I have no problem with Bomani Jones' comment.

QuoteBut just for kicks, go ahead and name a black college basketball player that is widely labeled as a troublemaker that you consider to be like Marshall Henderson. Explain why whites are too hard on him. We can have an adult conversation about race.

TBH I haven't followed basketball in a LONG time, so I can't really name off many players to begin with (Rodman, Iverson, or Artest might be some examples), but there have been plenty of black athletes branded as thugs...Michael Vick is probably the most famous. "Thug" is used to describe him frequently. Then you have Ben Roethlisberger or Mark Chmura raping girls, but that stuff just seems to be forgotten more easily. I'm not sure how to respond on a case-by-case basis because you can find examples to support both sides of this. If anything, I think it's just the perception that a lot of people have of black youth that predisposes them to paint their actions negatively, when in fact, their actions might not be all that different from the actions of white athletes. A black sports reporter would have more insight into the matter than I would, so I can't dismiss what he says that easily.

dhornjr1

Quote from: dacskc on March 27, 2013, 01:54:37 am
That was what I was trying to say, I was just using the "thug" reference as an example of how differently blacks and whites can be viewed by the press for the same behavior. Would MH get a pass if he were black? IDK that he would. Conversely, how many times is a white kid referred to as "well-spoken?" It's just sort of accepted, it goes without saying. RGIII was well-spoken. Was Luck referred to that way? (maybe?? If so, I don't remember, but you know what I'm saying) Nobody ever says an Asian is "well-spoken." It's only commented on when pre-conceived notions are challenged.

I agree with you that whites, like Mallett, who are seen as not acting "white enough" are frowned upon. (then again RGIII wasn't "black enough.") It's crazy. Daprospecta is right, it is what it is, people who want to say they don't see color or differences in people( or "why do we have to talk about race") aren't helping anything. Differences in race, sex, height, weight, etc...are obvious to everyone and affect our interactions to one degree or another, to deny that that happens is pretty disingenuous. That's not to say that we shouldn't try to get past it though, and a good way to do that is to talk about it. People who don't try to discuss things rationally (just sweep things under the rug) aren't helping matters any. That's why I have no problem with Bomani Jones' comment.

TBH I haven't followed basketball in a LONG time, so I can't really name off many players to begin with (Rodman, Iverson, or Artest might be some examples), but there have been plenty of black athletes branded as thugs...Michael Vick is probably the most famous. "Thug" is used to describe him frequently. Then you have Ben Roethlisberger or Mark Chmura raping girls, but that stuff just seems to be forgotten more easily. I'm not sure how to respond on a case-by-case basis because you can find examples to support both sides of this. If anything, I think it's just the perception that a lot of people have of black youth that predisposes them to paint their actions negatively, when in fact, their actions might not be all that different from the actions of white athletes. A black sports reporter would have more insight into the matter than I would, so I can't dismiss what he says that easily.

Wow. You seem to be very well-spoken. ;)

+1

Bam, Alright Now

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Speedracer

I'm not sure he's white, I think he clicked "does not specify" on his application
Like smites bother me.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 26, 2013, 11:19:08 am
If you had have watched the video, you would have seen an assistant coach or GA assigned to him. As soon as he kicked the water container, the aid was runnning to keep him from doing something else. He was just a split second late keeping him from shooting birds.

His antics continued in the hallway after that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Red Tusk

Aww..he's got his own little Jerry Maguire. Just looking for the 'quan' .

Sad that he doesn't know he's not getting paid yet.
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

GreenwayTigerHog

I know much of Hogville hates Gregg Doyel but he had a good write-up on the bird flipper a few days ago.  It should still be near the top at http://www.cbssports.com/columns/writers/doyel

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ChemEHawg on March 26, 2013, 11:09:35 am
My fav quote:

So it may be safe to say that the "sister/cocaine" bit was either a canned excuse he had ready or a mantra the goblins chant in his head-movies as he sleeps at night.

;D

This should be played at all SEC arenas next season when Ole Miss comes to town.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PonderinHog

Jackrabbit, we could do a whole set for him.

"Everybody Must Get Stoned"  Dylan

"Cocaine"  Clapton

"Cocaine Runnin' All Through My Brain"  Jackson Browne

"Purple Haze"  Hendrix

dacskc

Quote from: dhornjr1 on March 27, 2013, 02:46:06 am
Wow. You seem to be very well-spoken. ;)

+1

+1 for the avatar...less than a week!!!!!

RyeHogFan

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on March 26, 2013, 12:07:38 pm
So it is perfectly acceptable to flip off the crowd after you kick a case of water bottles across the floor? If I had to guess, nobody said anything to him. He just didn't like being booed. If this was an isolated incident nobody would care. However, he has been acting a fool all season long. The kid has found trouble, and committed questionable acts at every school he has gone to. He is a ticking time bomb.

Ole Miss will be without Holloway, Buckner, and Nick Williams next season. Something tells me they will lose quite a few games. This won't be the last time we see him blow up after a loss. He will have plenty of chances next season.

This is exactly what I was thinking. It seems like every time I watched a game Ole Miss was playing, Henderson would have a terrible first half, but they'd stay in the game because of the other guys. Then he'd finally start making a few shots in the second half and then start acting like he's the greatest thing ever. Without Holloway and Buckner to clean up all of his first half misses and keep Ole Miss in the game, he can just keep on shooting and they're just gonna keep on losing.

Fatty McGee

I actually enjoy Henderson.  Big time college sports are too serious anyway - some excitement makes them more enjoyable.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Birminghog

Quote from: GreenwayTigerHog on March 27, 2013, 09:39:45 am
I know much of Hogville hates Gregg Doyel but he had a good write-up on the bird flipper a few days ago.  It should still be near the top at http://www.cbssports.com/columns/writers/doyel

Doyle got it right. Good advice.  I hope MH listens, but I'm not holding my breath.

If you read the comments, the one blasting Kennedy for letting it happen is spot on.

Silky_Jackson

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 27, 2013, 11:19:40 am
I actually enjoy Henderson.  Big time college sports are too serious anyway - some excitement makes them more enjoyable.

Agreed, he is the villain and that is good for sports. 

But, he is a troubled guy and I sort of feel sorry for him. Hopefully someone can help him improve as a person...we have enough sh*t heads already

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 27, 2013, 09:58:46 am
Jackrabbit, we could do a whole set for him.

"Everybody Must Get Stoned"  Dylan

"Cocaine"  Clapton

"Cocaine Runnin' All Through My Brain"  Jackson Browne

"Purple Haze"  Hendrix

Don't forget "The Needle and the Spoon" by Skynyrd.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

99toLife

99toLife

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 27, 2013, 11:19:40 am

Enjoyment of sports is fine. Watching a young adult act like a three year old isn't. Most people would think he needs to grow up.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2013, 01:22:55 pm
Enjoyment of sports is fine. Watching a young adult act like a three year old isn't. Most people would think he needs to grow up.

Is it just me, or isn't Marshall Henderson the basketball equivalent of Johnny Football?  Johnny hasn't shown a vulgar side yet, but other than that I think they are twins separated at birth.

wildturkey8

I wish our players had some his passion.

GreenwayTigerHog

I don't mind the gator chompin and other bravado but it you are going to act like that when things are good expect it thrown back in your lap when things go the other way & sack up when it happens.

PORKULATOR

That kids a schmuck. Look foward to seeing the trouble he gets in during the off-season.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2013, 01:22:55 pm

Every story needs a villain. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

dhornjr1

99toLife

Quote from: GreenwayTigerHog on March 27, 2013, 02:25:22 pm
I don't mind the gator chompin and other bravado but it you are going to act like that when things are good expect it thrown back in your lap when things go the other way & sack up when it happens.

I believe his team was losing at that time, if not I stand corrected...

Hawg Balling

Quote from: wildturkey8 on March 27, 2013, 02:17:54 pm
I wish our players had some his passion.

Sadly, I sort of agree. 

Henderson is an extremely troubled person and all bets are off as far as whether his demons will get the best of him again down the line, but the Razorbacks could used that type of unbridled emotion and in-your-face mentality, especially on the road this season. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: adave on March 26, 2013, 06:16:31 pm
He is trash like you.
wow. so when i respond to this i get banned, right.

internet bigmouth would be quiet as a church mouse if we were having this conversation in person. you don't know me but i'm trash , huh? piss off maggot.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 27, 2013, 04:36:42 pm
Every story needs a villain. 

There already was one. Coach at KY. Even other coaches have threatened to kill him!