Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN guys still picking BAMA....

Started by ENHOG, February 21, 2006, 11:16:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ENHOG

over Arkansas to advance to NCAA!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

hogfankb

They are still ahead of us in the SEC West.

J.A.Y.

Good thing they dont decide who gets to go.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Hogs958

if we both finsih strong, we will both get in...

HogBrad

Their fricking media types. And if the season ended tonight, I would give BAMA the nod. They've played a far more superior schedule than we have. Here's a team that's played more competition than we could have dreamed about in the NON-Conference schedule. I love the HOGS, but ESPN isn't to far off.

ENHOG

I would like for BAMA to get in but for us to finish above them somehow.

Calling All Hogs

I'm picking CBS over ESPN in the NCAA tourney. LOL

nwarazfan

Quote from: HogBrad on February 21, 2006, 11:26:55 pm
Their fricking media types. And if the season ended tonight, I would give BAMA the nod. They've played a far more superior schedule than we have. Here's a team that's played more competition than we could have dreamed about in the NON-Conference schedule. I love the HOGS, but ESPN isn't to far off.

And they lost every tough game on their non conf sched- 3 by double digits.  They beat nobody ooc.

Tylerhog

I kinda noticed not much love too on comments from espy.

We are high on last two, they are considering all season, need to kick some orange butt saturday to finish strong and convince all concerned for sure!!!!!
not discounting mstate or gdogs, this bunch proved they can be had by inferior talent already

hawgopolis

I AGREE WITH TYLERHOG!!!  JUST WIN, AND THE MEDIA CAN'T STOP YOU FROM DANCIN!!!!

HAVE FUN HOGFANS!  THE BOYS CAME THROUGH AGAIN!!!  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
Football! It's what's for Dinner, and Supper, and Breffass!!!

If at first you should fail...... Skydiving is probably not for you!!

Broken Trigger

Remember it's these ESPN guys that call Mustain, Moo-stain; Brewer, Brenner; and Modica, Mo-dee-kuh.  So i am not gonna bet the farm on their predictions. 

Hawgvillain

They've played a far more superior schedule than we have. Here's a team that's played more competition than we could have dreamed about in the NON-Conference schedule. I love the HOGS, but ESPN isn't to far off.

Are you serious?  The three big teams on Bama's non-conf. schedule are Oklahoma, NC State, and Memphis.  The three big teams on our non-conf. schedule were Kansas, Maryland, and UCONN.  We got kinda burned because Missouri and Texas Tech (who both usually are pretty decent) both are bad this year.  Alabama sorta got burned by Notre Dame who hasn't turned out to be much either.  Bama certainly did a good job of picking good teams from bad conferences to play - but to say they played "a far superior schedule" with "more competition than we could have dreamed about" is wrong.

hogfan98

the point i thought they were making is that alabama has an easier schedule remaining with two home games, making their chances better.  i don't think they were picking on us.

hogfancb

Hogs 18-8 (7-6)

Bama 15-10 (8-5)

I remember a while back when overall recored was a factor.

ENHOG

No they weren't picking on us.  Your right they did like BAMA's remaining schedule better for winning because they have two home games remaining.  However that shows that those ESPN guys did really give us a chance even after coming off two pretty big W's.  All we can do is win all 3 games that we have left.

pbjones81

I think regardless of how bama does the rest of the way, as long as we beat MSU, and georgia, we're in the NCAAT.  In my opinion, 6 SEC teams are going, but if only 5 go, UK will be left out because we should (and I emphasize "should") have a better record than them when its all said and done.  Here's to hoping I'm right.  :)

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: pbjones81 on February 22, 2006, 01:46:13 am
I think regardless of how bama does the rest of the way, as long as we beat MSU, and georgia, we're in the NCAAT.  In my opinion, 6 SEC teams are going, but if only 5 go, UK will be left out because we should (and I emphasize "should") have a better record than them when its all said and done.  Here's to hoping I'm right.  :)

If there is any way humanly possible for UK to go to the dance, the selection committee will make it happen.  They are media darlings and as such will be given great latitude when considering their selection.  Arkansas better hope the NCAA wants 6 SEC teams in the tourney.

Bacon out...

35yrhogfan

The hogs are in whether the sec gets 5 or 6 teams.  We will end up at least 9-7 in conference and that will get us in.  If not, then the whole system is screwed up.  The SEC is not down like some people think.  Sweet sixteen baby!

freedomcounty

razorback44

Kentucky will always make the tourney if they have a winning conference record, simply because they are one of the best traveling teams fan wise in the country.  Money talks, and their find eagerly provide it.

The difference b/t ours and Alabama's Non-Cof Schedule is not who played Memphis and who played UConn.  It comes down to the lower ranked teams we played.  While we played Portland St., Radford, and Western Carolina; they were playing Birmingham Southern, Winthrop, and Miami of Ohio.  They were playing mid-major teams that are probably or at least have a great shot of playing in the NCAAT, while the teams we played that were not "name" schools sport records such as 3-9 in conference and have no shot at the tourney.  It has nothing to do with what name schools we player, but what directional schools we each played is what is swaying the RPI towards them.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

dhornjr1

We just have to keep winning. If they can pull another upset against Tennessee, then people will really start to take notice. Finish 10-6 in regular season play and win at least one game in the SEC Tourney and you may be talking about a six or seven seed.

Lando Calrissian

I hope Stan can parlay this recent success into a good game against Tenn.

The Hogs layed a big fat turd against Ole Miss, and most of us (myself included) thought they were finished.

The played with a good dose of anger against Florida and Bama. 

Will Stan be able to convince them that they must do the same against Tenn on the road?

It seems so "slap in the face" obvious, but with this team you never know.

Boy, if they somehow figure out how to beat Tenn I will take back anything and everything bad I've ever said (or thought) about this team.

I will say this.  I think they should enjoy these 2 wins for now, because they definetely earned them.  It wasn't some cheap foul call or some ridiculous circus shot that won these two games.  They earned it.  I just hope Stan drills it into their heads that Tenn will NOT lay down just because of the recent success.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

ENHOG

I think the HOGS will be up for the rest of our games!  I want to see a couple of blow outs these last 3 games.  TENN at their place would be great!

hogsanity

ESPN was talking about the lremaining 3 games.  And that favors Bama.  ESPn seems to be of the opinion I have had for some time, the SEC most likely only gets 5 in the NCAAT.  FL/TN//LSU are in.  Ky is in if they can just finish 8-8.  That leaves BAMA and Ar for the last spot.  Now, I think KY is going to have a hard time finishing 8-8, they have 3 tough games left and they just lost a very good player with a broken hand. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ENHOG

Hoggy Potter

Quote from: RazorbackRick on February 21, 2006, 11:37:38 pm
Remember it's these ESPN guys that call Mustain, Moo-stain; Brewer, Brenner; and Modica, Mo-dee-kuh.  So i am not gonna bet the farm on their predictions. 

Actually it was NBC that called Mustain Moo-stain...but point well taken!
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

hogsanity

IF bothe bama and AR finish 2-1 or 3-0 and win one in the secT they might BOTH get in. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

stan the man

We actually play better on the road against good competition and I believe we will play Tenn tough.  If we can keep their guards from jacking up threes we can win at Tennessee.  I don't think they have much of an inside game

hogsanity

TN is 11th in the sec in rebounding.  Bama simply mauled them on the glass on both ends Sat. 

Swino

Quote from: ENHOG on February 21, 2006, 11:16:25 pm
over Arkansas to advance to NCAA!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Why wouldn't they?  They know that arkansas lays down on the road. 

HogInaStrangeLand

Ummm...

Isn't there a difference between NUETRAL courts and when the other team is at home?

We beat Kansas in a close one at a Nuetral court.

HogsRule

Both will go to the dance. Check out ESPN Bracketology and USAtoday and CBS. They were all projecting AR in the tourney. And that was before the AL game. We do not have to beat TN to get in, but GA or a deep run might be critical. Look at the other teams that would be in instead of us. Florida St, Indiana (13-10), Maryland (who even though they beat us have had some really bad losses). There just aren't that many teams with great records.
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

TwistedHog

If we can't win 3 more games (GA, MS St and 1rst tourney game) then we don't deserve to be in, if we beat TN we are in.

hogsanity

hogsNbeer

Again...Who gives a shiite what ESPN or CBS, or any other MEDIA outlet says or has us in or not...... THEY DON'T PICK WHO GOES TO THE FRICKIN TOURNAMENT...I mean really folks these are the same outlets that have said NUTT was a great coach...... How much WATER do they hold anyway?  NOT MUCH.....Thanks :razorback:

Boss Hogg

They have the most favorable schedule here on out...

Hogs: @Tenn, Miss. St., @Georgia
Bama: Fla, Aub, @Miss. St.
LSU: @Vandy, KY, @SC, Miss

hogsanity

hogtheball

Have you even looked at Bama's schedule, or are you pulling this statement out of .....   They've have tough non-conference games against Memphis, NC State, Oklahoma, and lost all those games.  I guess you could argue that Notre Dame and Temple were good opponents - Bama lost to both of those as well. 

Arkansas has equally or better non-conf. opponents in UCONN, Maryland, Missouri State, and Kansas - and we won 2 of our games.  Look at the schedules before making statements like yours.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

hogsanity

Apparently the RPi gives more value to "good road losses"  than home wins. 

HoopS

Quote from: Tylerhog on February 21, 2006, 11:33:27 pm
I kinda noticed not much love too on comments from espy.

We are high on last two, they are considering all season, need to kick some orange butt saturday to finish strong and convince all concerned for sure!!!!!
not discounting mstate or gdogs, this bunch proved they can be had by inferior talent already
huh?

HogsRule

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 22, 2006, 12:27:14 pm
Again...Who gives a shiite what ESPN or CBS, or any other MEDIA outlet says or has us in or not...... THEY DON'T PICK WHO GOES TO THE FRICKIN TOURNAMENT...I mean really folks these are the same outlets that have said NUTT was a great coach...... How much WATER do they hold anyway?  NOT MUCH.....Thanks :razorback:

Well since joe Lunardi has correctly picked 64 out of 65 teams every year, it may hold more water than your opinion. Also if you look logically at what they are actually saying you might realize hey there are people on the bubble with a lot worse resumes than we have. we are not just battling against AL to get in, we are being compared to FL State, Maryland (with a lot of bad losses), Miami, Indiana, Syracuse, etc..
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

Broken Trigger

Quote from: Hoggy Potter on February 22, 2006, 10:38:34 am
Quote from: RazorbackRick on February 21, 2006, 11:37:38 pm

Actually it was NBC that called Mustain Moo-stain...but point well taken!

Was it NBC?  I knew it was at the Army All-American game.  I think i picked that up from another thread.  I think Mike mentioned that it was ESPN.  Of course, i may be remembering wrong.  Anyway, thanks for correcting my mistake.  I wouldn't knowingly give wrong info.

ENHOG

So what do we need to happen to go dancing?

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: ENHOG on February 22, 2006, 08:49:35 pm
So what do we need to happen to go dancing?

My opinion is close out at 2-1 with one victory in the sec tourney.

This gives us...what...21 wins?

It would be hard to turnout a 9-7 SEC team with 21 wins overall...

Bacon out...

ENHOG

If one of those 2-1 wins can be TENN then one win in the SEC tourney should definitely take us dancing!

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: ENHOG on February 22, 2006, 10:11:17 pm
If one of those 2-1 wins can be TENN then one win in the SEC tourney should definitely take us dancing!

If we lose to Tennessee we still close out the regular season pretty strongly with wins over Florida and Alabama in the mix.  But I'm with you...if we beat Tennessee it seals the deal.

BTW, Tennessee beat a stung Florida in Gainesville tonight.

Bacon out...

ENHOG

I hope cause that could very well be the scenario