Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jaydon Quantance will have 2 years in college (ASU lean)

Started by Pig in the Pokey, April 07, 2024, 11:33:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogCzar1

Quote from: freedomcounty on April 23, 2024, 09:22:15 pmThese numbers are made up

Probably so. But as desperate as Penny is at Memphis, I can see FedEx shelling it out.

tophawg19

Quote from: 1dog on April 23, 2024, 06:15:46 pmI think if Cal wanted him bad enough, we would have gotten him. Just my opinion
He is kind of a situation like Baye Fall, He just isn't ready and the price to high to just have a bench guy. He will be great for a team who doesn't need him as a key player. He would be wise to take less money up front with Cal
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 23, 2024, 09:45:26 pmHe is kind of a situation like Baye Fall, He just isn't ready and the price to high to just have a bench guy. He will be great for a team who doesn't need him as a key player. He would be wise to take less money up front with Cal
He is a lot more ready than Baye Fall was/is.. lol

tophawg19

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 23, 2024, 09:51:47 pmHe is a lot more ready than Baye Fall was/is.. lol
He is bigger but still not close to ready for high level inside play
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

DOGALUM

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on April 23, 2024, 09:51:47 pmHe is a lot more ready than Baye Fall was/is.. lol
speaking of Fall....any word or talk about where he and Blocker may end up?
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 23, 2024, 09:55:01 pmHe is bigger but still not close to ready for high level inside play
his skill set is way different than Falls.

Johnx

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 23, 2024, 09:55:01 pmHe is bigger but still not close to ready for high level inside play

Who
Quote from: DOGALUM on April 23, 2024, 09:56:40 pmspeaking of Fall....any word or talk about where he and Blocker may end up?

Who really cares lol?

Philip Seaton

What gets me, if you are about negotiating for more NIL, why would you let it leak you weren't considering a school? Kinda lessens ones negotiation leverage.

donnie

Quote from: Philip Seaton on April 24, 2024, 09:33:44 amWhat gets me, if you are about negotiating for more NIL, why would you let it leak you weren't considering a school? Kinda lessens ones negotiation leverage.

I doubt it came from his camp. As it pertains to Kentucky didn't the fact that he was no longer visiting come directly from Pope?

DOGALUM

Quote from: Johnx on April 23, 2024, 10:15:40 pmWho
Who really cares lol?
Likely a lot of people.....including me.   Do you suppose I just asked because I was looking for some smartass answer....or maybe because I was curious? 

CDBHawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 23, 2024, 04:48:45 pmJQ is A guy who needs time to develop strength and maturity. I'm not sure we had that time with that expensive of a player. He would have been fun to watch though.

Yet he was committed to Cal at UK. Win some, lose some. That's all there is here.

sickboy

Quote from: Philip Seaton on April 24, 2024, 09:33:44 amWhat gets me, if you are about negotiating for more NIL, why would you let it leak you weren't considering a school? Kinda lessens ones negotiation leverage.

Or it makes the school come back and say wait, wait, wait that's not our best and final.

deserthog

Gohawgs 71

Quote from: deserthog on April 25, 2024, 11:02:47 pmMust have gotten the Hurleys mixed up.
Good one. It's an odd choice and would shoot down the assumption he was going somewhere for the $. 

Hawg Red

Pinto interestingly compared JQ to Kyree Walker today on X...

Tttttttttt

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 25, 2024, 11:42:56 pmPinto interestingly compared JQ to Kyree Walker today on X...
[/quot
Quote from: Hawg Red on April 25, 2024, 11:42:56 pmPinto interestingly compared JQ to Kyree Walker today on X...

Wow!!  That's the kiss of death in basketball.

codeHog

He is not a Hog

This is a Hog board

hoglady

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/2024/04/25/jayden-quaintance-memphis-basketball-recruiting-visit-rescheduled/73457747007/

Here's some father quotes from the article

"We're just looking for a good fit," Haminn said. "Playing style. How (Quaintance is) used — the freedom that he has in the offense. That'll probably be the separator."

"We're looking for a situation where we can go in and start," Haminn Quaintance said.

Super talented kid - but not sure many coaches want to promise a starting position to a 16 year old.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jjdlc

Quote from: hoglady on April 26, 2024, 07:02:28 amhttps://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/2024/04/25/jayden-quaintance-memphis-basketball-recruiting-visit-rescheduled/73457747007/

"We're just looking for a good fit," Haminn said. "Playing style. How (Quaintance is) used — the freedom that he has in the offense. That'll probably be the separator."

"We're looking for a situation where we can go in and start," Haminn Quaintance said.

Super talented kid - but not sure many coaches want to promise a starting position to a 16 year old.

Exactly right, a 16 year old isn't a lock to perform in his first year, especially at a position in which freshman typically struggle to begin with.

sickboy

Quote from: hoglady on April 26, 2024, 07:02:28 amhttps://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/2024/04/25/jayden-quaintance-memphis-basketball-recruiting-visit-rescheduled/73457747007/

I always love the use of "we" when hearing parent quotes. Like dad is looking for minutes personally.

hogfan870

Quote from: sickboy on April 26, 2024, 04:18:37 pmI always love the use of "we" when hearing parent quotes. Like dad is looking for minutes personally.

Yeah, if those quotes are accurate the use of "we" is pretty damning.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Snout team on April 23, 2024, 05:30:19 pmI guess the wheels fell off 😂😂

In all seriousness, I wish him well.  Hopefully we can get a couple of big body, strong interior players who also have the ability to step out and drain 3.
Jonas Adioo and Brandon Garrison. At least one of the two, maybe both.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: freedomcounty on April 23, 2024, 09:22:15 pmThese numbers are made up
I heard 2 million from a very good source several days ago. ASU might be driving it up, Memphis still in play, but I still think Pat Kelsey at Louisville has a strong chance too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: CDBHawg on April 24, 2024, 12:19:16 pmYet he was committed to Cal at UK. Win some, lose some. That's all there is here.
We dont know if he would have tried to squeeze at the end though. Things have gotten crazy in the last few weeks.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Cal aint promising anybody a starting role and how would our NiL benefactors feel about a bench guy who is barely old enough to drive a car making 2million per year? And how would the other guys with their 500k-1miilion feel? Im legit glad we moved on.

Kyrie Walker indeed. Has all those vibes.
@Slackaveli

TusksinColoradoUnretired

Quote from: mizzouman on April 19, 2024, 07:06:23 pmIt's from talking to people who would know.  If Cal wants him bad enough, he'll get him and you can thank Tyson for it.  If he doesn't end up at Arkansas, it will be because either Cal didn't want him as much as another kid OR he just doesn't want to be at Arkansas regardless of $$.  But, if it's about $$ only, he'll go to Arkansas.

Cost of chicken just went up in Missery.....

TusksinColoradoUnretired

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 26, 2024, 08:44:05 pmI heard 2 million from a very good source several days ago. ASU might be driving it up, Memphis still in play, but I still think Pat Kelsey at Louisville has a strong chance too.

Hmmmmmm......A 16 YEAR OLD STARTER on a MEN'S SEC BASKETBALL TEAM with 2 MIL in the bank at a FRIDAY NIGHT FRAT PARTY in FAYETTENAM. Just interesting to ponder the possibilities..

raz1965

JQ and his dad may have set the bar a bit high, at any rate he will be paid, but a seasoned big man is likely a better option over a 16 year old who may perform at a high level or may not even get meaningful game time action. I doubt Cal burnt the bridge with JQ, next yr he could be a option again.

sickboy

Quote from: raz1965 on April 27, 2024, 01:20:53 pmJQ and his dad may have set the bar a bit high, at any rate he will be paid, but a seasoned big man is likely a better option over a 16 year old who may perform at a high level or may not even get meaningful game time action. I doubt Cal burnt the bridge with JQ, next yr he could be a option again.

Yeah, and for half the price.

247Hog

I'd instead buy three great players than get Jaydon, and I hope he is a legend.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

jbcarol

@wojespn
Major commitment on a potential 2026 NBA Draft lottery pick: Jayden Quaintance –  a 16-year old ranked as the No. 2 center in ESPN's Top 100 prospects — will sign with the Arizona State Sun Devils, he tells ESPN. He recently de-committed from Kentucky.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DOGALUM

Quote from: jbcarol on April 29, 2024, 11:09:30 am@wojespn
Major commitment on a potential 2026 NBA Draft lottery pick: Jayden Quaintance –  a 16-year old ranked as the No. 2 center in ESPN's Top 100 prospects — will sign with the Arizona State Sun Devils, he tells ESPN. He recently de-committed from Kentucky.

I'm sure he will do well out there.  Something odd about that whole situation.  (not Arizona St situation....the Jayden Quaintance situation.....)