Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freeze concerned about academic issues

Started by jbcarol, May 04, 2012, 03:25:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze knew things weren't going to be easy in Oxford. He returned to the town and program he loved, but he did so knowing he'd be inheriting a slew of issues, both on and off the field.

Quote"I knew that there were some issues, but probably found out it was a little tougher than what I thought it was when I got here," Freeze said about Ole Miss' academic issues.

"We've made some headway, but we inherited such a mountain to climb that I think it would be presumptuous for me to believe we're going to climb every single mountain. I don't think that's going to be reality."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

happyhawgal

He better climb fast, Ole Missy is not a school that gives their coaches a lot of time.
WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

kodiakisland

Love it.

Quote"When you start out at nearly zero, it's a tall task to climb in one semester."

Quote"We're so thin there," Freeze said. "I've never inherited any team that's as thin at running back as we are here."
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: happyhawgal on May 04, 2012, 04:27:42 pm
He better climb fast, Ole Missy is not a school that gives their coaches a lot of time.
Contrare my man. They gave Hooter at least two years more than what he deserved after he "burned through" EO's recruits.

OTTER

Yep, Ole Miss made two huge mistakes: Hiring Nutt and not firing him fast enough!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

jamie72921

So Nutt blamed Freeze/Orgeron and now Freeze is blaming Nutt for Ole Miss sucking.

Which is it?
Bless your heart

Prosciutto

Quote from: OTTER on May 05, 2012, 01:24:22 pm
Yep, Ole Miss made two huge mistakes: Hiring Nutt and not firing him fast enough!

Glad we got rid of him in a timely manner!

Nutt walked in on a good thing and left it messed up when he left.  He cannot help himslef, thats just him.  He's an idiot with a huge ego.  History tell us that every enity in life has its ups and downs.  Nutt assures the downs whereever he goes.  The thing all OM fans should learn from this is that those in power at their school are probably earning far more than they are worth and the boosters that promoted Nutt are not nearly as smart as many think.  Nutt's M O was right there and Oh so many just overlooked it.

farmhawg

Quote from: 12247 on May 06, 2012, 11:32:03 am
Nutt walked in on a good thing and left it messed up when he left.  He cannot help himslef, thats just him.  He's an idiot with a huge ego.  History tell us that every enity in life has its ups and downs.  Nutt assures the downs whereever he goes.  The thing all OM fans should learn from this is that those in power at their school are probably earning far more than they are worth and the boosters that promoted Nutt are not nearly as smart as many think.  Nutt's M O was right there and Oh so many just overlooked it.
You might need to remind some of our "fans" that, based on some of the acceptance of the decisions from our AD.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hogdogcrazy

You are so right.  After the latest move by Long, we will be damn lucky to not be in the same shoes as Ole Mrs. in a couple of years.

Quote from: farmhawg on May 06, 2012, 06:42:44 pm
You might need to remind some of our "fans" that, based on some of the acceptance of the decisions from our AD.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: jamie72921 on May 05, 2012, 10:43:51 pm
So Nutt blamed Freeze/Orgeron and now Freeze is blaming Nutt for Ole Miss sucking.

Which is it?
It's both of course. That is the way it works. You should know this by now.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

"We're so thin there," Freeze said. "I've never inherited any team that's as thin at running back as we are here."

--Hugh, buddy, you've never inherited a team that has been under Nutt and his Murray St Mafia for 4 years. Enjoy!

"It won't be an overnight fix," he said. "It probably won't be a one-year fix. It's a process. I call it the 'Journey.'"

--Yes, "The Journey". The Houston Nutt path. Turn losers into winners and back into losers and leave the program in total chaos. See first year of Arkansas under Petrino and see this year's Rebels under Freeze.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 07, 2012, 07:54:05 am
"We're so thin there," Freeze said. "I've never inherited any team that's as thin at running back as we are here."

--Hugh, buddy, you've never inherited a team that has been under Nutt and his Murray St Mafia for 4 years. Enjoy!

"It won't be an overnight fix," he said. "It probably won't be a one-year fix. It's a process. I call it the 'Journey.'"

--Yes, "The Journey". The Houston Nutt path. Turn losers into winners and back into losers and leave the program in total chaos. See first year of Arkansas under Petrino and see this year's Rebels under Freeze.

Don't call it "the journey" everyone calls it "the journey."  Call it the expedition or the odyssey.  Going and taking Ole Miss places it has never been before.

Also, HF sounds like HdN in this article.  Lowering peoples expectations so he won't look so bad.
Retired Radio Host

BartlettTNHOG

He better be concerned. Any university that can graduate football player(s) that classmates, coaches, professors, parents, and friends know for a fact can not even read, and write, well, they have major issues.

DeltaBoy

Frezze might wind up wishing he had stayed in Jonesboro.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OTTER on May 05, 2012, 01:24:22 pm

Sounds eerily familiar............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 07, 2012, 11:22:19 am
Frezze might wind up wishing he had stayed in Jonesboro.

I can't stand old misses but would still prefer to live in Oxford over Jonesboro.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi