Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's in your Bag?

Started by kingofdequeen, January 13, 2012, 02:41:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on July 03, 2012, 08:29:43 am
I need that go to club that gets me to 210 off an elevated tee.  My 3/4 3"metal" is too much, and my 3i hybrid is not enough

Pulled out...

I have a v3 in very good condition. I'll see if big brother is going to buy it, if not it's yours. very good club and its right in that 210-220 length.

bplease

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on July 03, 2012, 08:24:00 am
<cue KodQ>

"but when i wanna hit 3w to take out errant driver shots, i wanna be able to step on it off the tee"

there's several holes where I play that 3w off the tee is much safer and easier than driver. when you can bust it straighter than a driver without losing tons of distance, it makes sense.

roger roger. my problem is that my 3w tends to chase my driver =(
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: bplease on July 03, 2012, 10:11:51 am
roger roger. my problem is that my 3w tends to chase my driver =(

for whatever reason, this one is different. I guess it is the shallow clubface and smaller head. either way, when i miss with it, i usually hit a worm burner down the left but it is rarely my giant pull hook I hit with my driver.

could be the frickin 2x4 shaft KodQ put in it.

McBain

Rapture v2 10.5 xstiff
Old burner 5 wood
4-w ping g5 +1" stiff
Sw, gw g2
58 ping tour
Some knock off anser putter

Pulled(PP)pork

I added a Callaway Big Bertha 4w, and love it.  took out the Nickent 3DX

Pulled out...

Ex-Trumpet

Pulled the Ping Rapture driver (original head, with Axivcore Tour Green X60 shaft) and put the Titleist 905R with the NV 60x shaft back in play...that driver has been in my bag for about 7 years now and I can't seem to get one I like better!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

gotyacovered

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on July 11, 2012, 09:39:58 am
Pulled the Ping Rapture driver (original head, with Axivcore Tour Green X60 shaft) and put the Titleist 905R with the NV 60x shaft back in play...that driver has been in my bag for about 7 years now and I can't seem to get one I like better!

which rapture is it... word is the older one is real hot...
You are what you tolerate.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 11, 2012, 11:31:52 am
which rapture is it... word is the older one is real hot...

It's the older one...just doesn't have the same sound or feel of the Titleist.  I don't notice it being any longer--or shorter for that matter--than other drivers.  I hit my Titty straighter and just as far.

The Ping has a bit longer shaft, though, which could minutely affect c/h speed (more likely the face-misses!).

I was hoping to bring my ball flight down a bit with the Ping (9* x-flex)...didn't happen!  Guess I'm just gonna have to learn to play the dang game!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

gotyacovered

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on July 11, 2012, 02:36:37 pm
It's the older one...just doesn't have the same sound or feel of the Titleist.  I don't notice it being any longer--or shorter for that matter--than other drivers.  I hit my Titty straighter and just as far.

The Ping has a bit longer shaft, though, which could minutely affect c/h speed (more likely the face-misses!).

I was hoping to bring my ball flight down a bit with the Ping (9* x-flex)...didn't happen!  Guess I'm just gonna have to learn to play the dang game!

i would hang onto it if i were you.

razorfan84

9.5 Taylormade Superfast Burner 2.0 Driver
3w Taylormade Superfast Burner 2.0
4h  Cleveland Mashie
3-SW Callaway Big Bertha 2006
60 degree Callaway X Jaw
Putter is Odyssey White Hot Blade

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 11, 2012, 03:06:51 pm
i would hang onto it if i were you.

I'm definitely keeping it...it's a back-up now, though, until I learn how to swing it!  :)

kingofdequeen

BC's bro drops bombs on gotya with a v1 rapture.

BC's bro could drop bombs with anything, tho.

gotyacovered

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 11, 2012, 04:49:01 pm
BC's bro drops bombs on gotya with a v1 rapture.

BC's bro could drop bombs with anything, tho.

You guys always pimp bc jr's long game, which is great... But it's his short game that's so MILKY.

Get over it already.

PS - he no longer has it (he cracked the face) they sent him the newer one, which, naturally, he hates.

HoggyWayne

Although I'm playing my best golf ever, I'm going for a full out fitting next week in Memphis. The guy's name is Scott Felix. I'm pretty stoked about it.

http://www.felixclubworks.com/

gotyacovered

Quote from: HoggyWayne on July 11, 2012, 10:23:41 pm
Although I'm playing my best golf ever, I'm going for a full out fitting next week in Memphis. The guy's name is Scott Felix. I'm pretty stoked about it.

http://www.felixclubworks.com/

You must be running with "K" some. He spends more time in Memphis tending to golf and his bats than anyone I know.

HoggyWayne

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 12, 2012, 12:12:01 am
You must be running with "K" some. He spends more time in Memphis tending to golf and his bats than anyone I know.

Ha! Yessir. He actually got fit in Jonesboro Monday but I'm not a fan of the guy he went to so I'm going to Memphis. K goes to that teacher down there some. Swears by him. Makes me wanna do that too.

clutch

Quote from: HoggyWayne on July 12, 2012, 06:41:27 am
Ha! Yessir. He actually got fit in Jonesboro Monday but I'm not a fan of the guy he went to so I'm going to Memphis. K goes to that teacher down there some. Swears by him. Makes me wanna do that too.

Joe? haha. He will talk your freakin ear off for sure.

gotyacovered

Quote from: HoggyWayne on July 12, 2012, 06:41:27 am

K is a trip, hope you are getting to play with him some. if i remember correctly you guys played recently. fun to gamble with.

cosmodrum

Just bought 718932475:3$1's i15s.
Go away, batin'

HoggyWayne

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 13, 2012, 03:49:16 pm
K is a trip, hope you are getting to play with him some. if i remember correctly you guys played recently. fun to gamble with.

Yea, we got beat in a playoff two weekends ago. Still cashed pretty good monies since we won the Calcutta and got 2nd place tourney cash. It was a lot of fun. He drank ALL of the BL Lime's at my pool after Saturday's round. It was indeed a good time.

On a side note, I need to holler at you sometime soon. Non-golf related.

gotyacovered

Quote from: HoggyWayne on July 16, 2012, 09:07:27 pm
Yea, we got beat in a playoff two weekends ago. Still cashed pretty good monies since we won the Calcutta and got 2nd place tourney cash. It was a lot of fun. He drank ALL of the BL Lime's at my pool after Saturday's round. It was indeed a good time.

On a side note, I need to holler at you sometime soon. Non-golf related.

give me a shout anytime... you still have my number?

kingofdequeen

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 17, 2012, 07:59:43 am
give me a shout anytime... you still have my number?

want me to post it on the internet?

gotyacovered

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 17, 2012, 09:28:50 am
want me to post it on the internet?

Surprised you haven't already on Facebook.

GolfNut57

September 25, 2012, 08:28:09 am #174 Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 04:59:00 pm by GolfNut57
nm
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Ex-Trumpet

Went to the launch monitor at PGA Tour Superstore yesterday in hopes of replacing my Titty 905R and my Ping Rapture...was seriously looking at the RBZ Tour driver.  There was an old Titty 983K with a Grafalloy Prolite on the used rack.  I compared them back to back.  Not only did the Titty feel and sound better, the numbers were way better! 

I spent the $19.00 for the Titty and it's now in the bag!

GolfNut57

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 25, 2012, 08:45:43 am
Went to the launch monitor at PGA Tour Superstore yesterday in hopes of replacing my Titty 905R and my Ping Rapture...was seriously looking at the RBZ Tour driver.  There was an old Titty 983K with a Grafalloy Prolite on the used rack.  I compared them back to back.  Not only did the Titty feel and sound better, the numbers were way better! 

I spent the $19.00 for the Titty and it's now in the bag!

I have taken my TM Superquad 7 to Edwin Watts and using their simulator I compared it to the newer TMs, Calloways such as RazorX Black and the Razor Fit, the new Cleveland, the newest Ping, and a couple of the Adams drivers and in every case my old driver would either match their numbers or flat out outdo them. Heck, why spend the extra $3-400 for a new driver if you don't hit it any better than the one you have currently?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

gotyacovered

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 25, 2012, 08:59:01 am

I have taken my TM Superquad 7 to Edwin Watts and using their simulator I compared it to the newer TMs, Calloways such as RazorX Black and the Razor Fit, the new Cleveland, the newest Ping, and a couple of the Adams drivers and in every case my old driver would either match their numbers or flat out outdo them. Heck, why spend the extra $3-400 for a new driver if you don't hit it any better than the one you have currently?

IMO, that means your current driver fits you perfectly - and as you stated, no reason to move up - unless you find a newer model that fits you perfectly and then you will benefit from some of that newer technology... its not like it used to be where you will pick up significant yardage from one year to the next by buying the newer models. BUT, you will see improved distance on mis-hits, specifically the taylormade r11s tp or the ping g10.

GolfNut57

Quote from: gotyacovered on September 25, 2012, 09:18:38 am
IMO, that means your current driver fits you perfectly - and as you stated, no reason to move up - unless you find a newer model that fits you perfectly and then you will benefit from some of that newer technology... its not like it used to be where you will pick up significant yardage from one year to the next by buying the newer models. BUT, you will see improved distance on mis-hits, specifically the taylormade r11s tp or the ping g10.

Dang thing is that I am not that long a hitter driver wise. Usually my drives go around 230 yards on average so I am always looking on the market to see if the newer clubs can improve my distance as I would really like to pick up another 20-30 yards distance on average. But seeing as I am in my mid 50's I am not sure that what I am looking for is attainable at this point. Right now since a new driver doesn't seem to be the answer I am going for the swing improvement type methods such as swinging the Power Fan and the Speed Whoosh to help build up my clubhead speed. Which is somewhere around the 85-88 mph range right now. In talking to some local club pros they tell me those two devices will help a lot if improving clubhead speed is my goal.

hogman21

9.5*  Titleist 913 D2 Mitsubishi Fubuki Tour 73x
15*   Titleist 910F UST Proforce V2 76
17*   Titleist 910H Diamana 'Ahina 90 HYB
3-GW Titleist 712 AP2's FST KBS Tour
56*   Titleist Vokey SM4
60*   Titleist Vokey SM4
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Kombi Long 50"
Titleist Pro V1x
Titleist Midsize Staff Bag

kingofdequeen

Quote from: hogman21 on October 19, 2012, 05:55:40 am
9.5*  Titleist 913 D2 Mitsubishi Fubuki Tour 73x
15*   Titleist 910F UST Proforce V2 76
17*   Titleist 910H Diamana 'Ahina 90 HYB
3-GW Titleist 712 AP2's FST KBS Tour
56*   Titleist Vokey SM4
60*   Titleist Vokey SM4
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Kombi Long 50"
Titleist Pro V1x
Titleist Midsize Staff Bag

you have such beautiful toys.

kingofdequeen

Season Ending Set-up...

7.5* Cleveland Classic Fujikura Rombax 6W06x
13* Adams XTD Super Fairway Fujikura Rombax 7W06x
18* Adams Pro Black Oban Devotion 80x
20* Adams Pro Black Fujikura FTB-90s
23* Adams Pro Black UST Attas 100s
6-PW Ping i15 KBX x
Handstamped Tour Issue Vokey 51* X100 - "Candy V"
Cleveland Tour Issue TZG 588 54* TTDG Tour Issue X100
Cleveland Tour Issue TZG 588 58* TTDG Tour Issue S400
SC Newport 2 Stainless
Iomic Sticky 2.3's
Shag balls i try to lift from friends' bags.

Doebuck

I just finished redoing my bag for next year..Kept R11 driver and odyssey putter added R11 3 & 5 woods also G20 5-wedge and 52,56,58 cleveland wedges..Even bought new bag and added new bushnell V2 rangefinder...Thinking of adding 4 hybrid..

cosmodrum

I'm about to add a brand-spankin' new Bushnell V2 with/slope for $125.

Straight from the factory, yo.
Go away, batin'

hogman21

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 19, 2012, 08:32:39 am
you have such beautiful toys.

Thanks.  Being the Titleist Tech Rep has its advantages.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hogman21 on October 19, 2012, 06:33:41 pm
Thanks.  Being the Titleist Tech Rep has its advantages.

I'll mow your lawn, free of charge.

What's the code to your garage door?
Go away, batin'

hogman21

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 19, 2012, 06:35:51 pm
I'll mow your lawn, free of charge.

What's the code to your garage door?
LOL...It's not the garage code you want, it's the key to the storage locker.

KCRazorbackfan

December 14, 2012, 07:55:43 pm #187 Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:49:48 pm by KCRazorbackfan
Just got staffed by Titleist - 913D2 driver, 913F 3 & 5 fairways, 913H 24* & 27* hybrids, AP1 irons 6 - PW, Vokey SM4 50*, 56* & 60* wedges, Scotty Cameron GoLo Belly putter 42.5", Titleist Lightweight Red/White Cart Bag, Titleist Collegiate Razorback Red/White caps, NXT Tour S balls.  I've died and gone to Razorback Heaven!!!     :razorback: :razorback:
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

kingofdequeen

The foundation for 2013 is set.

8* Adams Launch Lab Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.0x
13* Adams XTD Super Fairway Fujikura Rombax 7W06x
20* Adams Pro Black Fujikura FTB-90s
23* Adams Pro Black UST Attas 100s
5-PW Ping i15 KBX x
Handstamped Tour Issue Vokey 51* X100 - "Candy V"
Cleveland Tour Issue TZG 588 54* TTDG Tour Issue X100
Cleveland Tour Issue TZG 588 58* TTDG Tour Issue S400
Ping Nome Adjustable Belly - GUARANTEED to go back to the newport in the Spring
Iomic Sticky 2.3's
Shag balls i try to lift from friends' bags.

All of this placed in a tasteful Miller Lite staff bag.

HoggyWayne

December 15, 2012, 06:22:27 pm #189 Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:20:57 pm by HoggyWayne
I'm wanting to go back to the S56's but haven't found a good, used set yet. May even try the 712 MB's because they're the sexiest heads on the market.

The current bag is as follows:

PING Anser 9.5* w/ Diamana a'hina 70X
PING Anser 14* w/ TFC X
Titleist 909H 17* Aldila NVS
Mizuno 3-P w/ Project X 6.5's
PING Anser 52* KBS Tour X
PING Anser 58* KBS Tour X
TaylorMade Spider Ghost Belly (Will probably try a standard length Spider,Nome or GOLO over the winter)

EDIT: I came across an essentially brand new set of S56's with KBS Tour X's today. I snatched them up. The mizzy's will be back in the closet.

Ex-Trumpet

Update:

Driver - Titleist 983K 9.5 w/ProLite Stiff (Alternate w/Ping Rapture 9, and 905R 9.5)
3 Wood - Titleist 904 w/Aldila NV-85s
2-Iron - Callaway Big Bertha (2002 Model)
4-pw - Ping i5
Gap w - Titleist Vokey 52, bent to 50
Sand w - Titleist Vokey 54
Lob w - Titleist Vokey 58, bent to 60
Putter - Scotty Cameron Bullseye Blade

Hawgndaaz

This just in

Titleist 913 D3
8.5*

Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.2 X Tour Spec

Went to pick it up from the kid in the pro shop. asked for a bag of balls, "oh sorry range is closed today and tomorrow"

:(

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 08, 2013, 04:20:51 pm
This just in

Titleist 913 D3
8.5*

Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.2 X Tour Spec

Went to pick it up from the kid in the pro shop. asked for a bag of balls, "oh sorry range is closed today and tomorrow"

:(

yay CVCC winter
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

3 new Ping Answer wedges in mah new Ping cart bag. 52, 56, 60.

Go away, batin'

kingofdequeen

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 08, 2013, 04:30:44 pm

sweetspots still in excellent shape, too.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 08, 2013, 04:30:44 pm

i'm chuckling pretty good at this one.

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 08, 2013, 04:32:12 pm
sweetspots still in excellent shape, too.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 08, 2013, 04:48:19 pm
i'm chuckling pretty good at this one.

Well, he's right. The 60* is still being delivered, and they others have been played in exactly one round.

Notice he won't mention the time in our rd when he said "was that as good as it looked?"

My response was, "yep."

Then I think I 3-jacked.
Go away, batin'

Hawgndaaz

Black never paid me for that 60 vokey, now that i think about it.

cosmodrum

KoD has had my driver since the Eisenhower administration.
Go away, batin'