Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone want updates on the basketball game?

Started by Boarcephus, December 06, 2005, 07:06:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfankb

Squealers

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

hogfankb

not rebounding on defense. 45-21. brewer with the 3 then reverse dunk on the break away

Squealers

45-31 Hogs, Brewer reverse slam, the student section, like most of BWA is lean
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

hogfankb

hill is playing great defense. has 3 blocks in second half already

hogfankb

not real sure i like hill trapping the wing out of the middle of our zone. how does that happen.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

thanks for the updates...can't watch the game here in Dallas..watching Mavs...up by 6 against Indiana, 4 min. to go
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

clemensrules01

7 blocks and 7 rebounds for hill. he might have a double-double- NOT involving points.

corndo

Just got online, how are we looking so far???

Squealers

Boarcephus

Not nearly as much fun watching a hog basketball on a Tuesday night as it is on a Friday against a name opponet drinking the hell out of Jack Daniels and coke.  Able to type a little bit better for some strange reason.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hogfankb

Quote from: corndo on December 06, 2005, 08:18:17 pm

SLOW. winning and would be killing them if they hadn't made atleast 3 shots that i still don't know how they went in. 2 were threes

Squealers

Quote from: corndo on December 06, 2005, 08:18:17 pm

We started slower than turtle, but are warming up, Hill is playing great defense it is 49-35 us

hogfankb

brewer almost air balled that one. modica already has 2 airballs. what is wrong with us. i know we don't have great shooters but these are U-G-L-Y

hogfankb

Squealers

hogfankb

he is up but not putting ANY weight on his right leg

Squealers

Squealers

hogfankb

need a switch on that matchup. we have hill guarding (sort of) a guy that can shoot too well from the 3 point line

clemensrules01

hogfankb

i hope thomas is alright. we are gonna need him this year

hogfankb

Quote from: clemensrules01 on December 06, 2005, 08:25:40 pm
WTH? thomas injured? no!

the camera didn't pan down low enough to see if it was ankle or knee. jumped for a rebound and came down funny.

hognelson

hogfankb

HAHA. hope they stay in zone. back to back alley's to brewer

hogfankb

Quote from: hognelson on December 06, 2005, 08:27:04 pm
guys, how bad are we talkin' :(

his foot never touched the floor after he got up. NO WEIGHT AT ALL

GrizzledHogFan

Modica is 4/10 FG & 2/2 FT for 12 pts, 2 fouls
Brewer is 5/12 FG & 3/4 FT for 14 pts, 0 fouls
Townes is 3/6 FG & 2/2 FT for 8 pts, 0 fouls
Jefferson is 2/3 FG & 0/0 FT for 5 pts, 1 foul
Hunter is 1/3 FG & 2/3 FT for 4 pts, 1 foul
Thomas is 1/2 FG & 1/2 FT for 3 pts, 2 fouls
Ferguson is 1/3 FG & 0/0 FT for 3 pts, 0 fouls
Hill is 1/3 FG & 0/0 FT for 2 pts, 2 fouls

Team stats:
42% FG, 43% 2 pt, 41% 3 pt, 76% FT
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

hognelson

GrizzledHogFan

FYI, Arkansas leads 53-43 w/10:10 remaining in the 2nd half per the stats I'm looking at

GrizzledHogFan

hogfankb

i don't think hill understands the concept of a 2-3 zone. how does he always end up out past the 3 point line trapping?

Flatline

They are trying to do damage control for the football team on the basketball broadcast.  I can not believe this.

corndo

Hognob

When teams go zone we get too perimeter based.  I really don't think Stan Heath knows how to teach his players to attack a zone. 

hogfankb

Quote from: corndo on December 06, 2005, 08:31:58 pm
TSU has nine 3's already??? - Unacceptable.

agreed. but 2 of those have been from about 27 feet as the shot clock ran out

GrizzledHogFan

hogfankb

4 guards in the game for arkansas
brewer
modica
jefferson
ferguson
with hill

hogfankb

stop jumping at the pump fake. LEARN TO CLOSE OUT

GrizzledHogFan

Nutt_Hate_Me

I just can't get up for this team yet, not very exciting to watch.  I was actually pissed when I realized I missed the first 20 minutes of Earl.  Thank God I realized in time to catch The Office.

The lack of crowd was depressing too.
It's great to be home.

corndo

corndo

hogfankb

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on December 06, 2005, 08:35:08 pm
I just can't get up for this team yet, not very exciting to watch. I was actually pissed when I realized I missed the first 20 minutes of Earl. Thank God I realized in time to catch The Office.

The lack of crowd was depressing too.

Hard to get excited for Texas St. Why hasn't McCurdy played yet? I know it has been close but he played quite a bit against missouri

Squealers

Quote from: Hognob on December 06, 2005, 08:32:12 pm
When teams go zone we get too perimeter based. I really don't think Stan Heath knows how to teach his players to attack a zone.

You are right, the zone has been our Achilles heel under the Heath era.  Before we start SEC play, we NEED to correct that for sure, or we will have  repeat of last years meltdown.   If we were playing a conference school tonight, we would be down 30 points in this game alone.

hogfankb

good to see thomas back in. but he is limping noticably

HogHeathen

Squealers

hognelson