Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More misplacement of talent on the horizon.......

Started by Thehammer, October 19, 2005, 06:59:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Thehammer

Got it straight from Scott Cain.   Fred Bledsoe and Jeremy Harrell have been moved over to the O-line.   This is where D-lineman are eventually shipped to -- ala Chase Pressley and James Johnson - before they finally come to rest off the radar under Nutt.

Incredible.

clemensrules01

i understand harrell. but bledsoe? guy was a 4 star d lineman out of lrch.

Pragmatic PiG

pioneerhog

Does Nutt even have a clue on how to coach? I putting my money on the answer being NO.

Fire Nuttless

clemensrules01

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on October 19, 2005, 07:03:16 pm
http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=204780

What's next? ???

darren mcfadden is moved to DE to provide a pass rush. f. jones is moved to dt to provide depth.  balsiero moves to RB to backup howard.

bigred7987

Bledsoe might be a 4 star but hes a 4 star who hasnt done darn on the d line

Tony Sloprano

actually, this may be the best way for us to recruit decent O Lineman.

Bring 'em in as D Line and move them to O Line after they are here too long to want to transfer out.

Might not be a bad strategy.

UCLA recruited Harrell and he committed to them............................as a OL.
Bledsoe has the potential to be a stud Tackle, but he didn't have the drive to make it as a DL.
Sound familiar ???? Jason Peters. That worked out O.K.

RebelHawg

Bledsoe is the laziest person....Jayson Johnson remake..In college it doesnt matter what you did in highschool its can you produce now

Buff

but still, y move him to o-line?  if he's lazy, at least let him be lazy at something he already knows how to do.

HogSkinsDisease

Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on October 19, 2005, 10:23:21 pm
but still, y move him to o-line? if he's lazy, at least let him be lazy at something he already knows how to do.

Holy cow guys, the o line is depleted with injuries they got to get somebody there ready to play. 

CarolinaHog1176

man, some of you are worse than women at fabricating something out of nothing.  is this not a common practice with teams who have been depleted by injuries?  you get a big body to switch sides for a while.... maybe they stay, maybe they move back after the season is over.  who knows.  I'm disappointed in the season just as much as the next person, but I'm not for stirrin' up a bunch of darn that is nothing but that...  darn.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

mikeirwin

Believe me HDN is hoping he doesn't have to use them. He said today that they know the blocking on three base plays.
If anything complicated comes up the guy next to them is gonna have to whisper, BLOCK NUMBER 79.
Again it's an emergency situation due to injuries along the O line.

Wess Moore

I spoke with Bledsoe tonight.  He said he was willing to do whatever it took to help the team.  He still hopes to play defense one day, but is open to the idea of playing offense, if that's his ticket to playing and one day to the NFL.  He was trying to put a good spin on it, but I thought he was disappointed.  I asked him if he had ever played OL.  He said no.  He played TE at Central, but he said it was mainly catching balls and not blocking too much.  He did say the coaches were very complimentary on how fast he was picking up things, but then again what are they going to say?

RebelliousHog

"Believe me HDN is hoping he doesn't have to use them. He said today that they know the blocking on three base plays.
If anything complicated comes up the guy next to them is gonna have to whisper, BLOCK NUMBER 79.
Again it's an emergency situation due to injuries along the O line."

That means they only have 2 more plays to learn. Cool.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

JIHawg

There's just something sad about all of this stuff happening to the players.  These are good kids.  They deserve better coaching.

razorback4life

I am not saying that this is or isn't a bad move on Nutts part but maybe this is what Bledsoe needed to get motivated. 

Hawgzilla

Hell what happened to Valdez and Aguirre,Crossland and Tucker the FR. we have,since your taking the redshirt of everyone else Numbnutts,why not let the kids have a chance............

:puke:  HDN

jblack19

What would you guys do if you were HC and you lost 2 of your OL?

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: jblack19 on October 20, 2005, 12:21:17 am
What would you guys do if you were HC and you lost 2 of your OL?

Wonder why i had not recruited more.

jblack19

jblack19

hahaha.... I was looking for a constructive post. But thats cool. It made me laugh. :razorback:

Smithian

...Jesus Christ. I don't care if Bledsoe is a piece of crap, but atleast against Auburn he showed some push against their run game it looked like to me.

Smithian

Already took Valdez's redshit off verse SMS, I think.

Boarcephus

If Bledsoe doesn't want to play offense then he needs to suck it up and get after it on defense.  This kid has the UGA look of an defensive lineman, big, athletic, the whole package but by all accounts, he's lazy.  People on this board would kill for that talent and opportunity and he's letting it slip away.  Almost two years have slipped away since his hokey press conference at LR Central.  He's running out of time.   
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

rricha

A many hot shot defensive linemen comming out of high school end up on the offensive line:

George Stewart        All SWC
Steve Korte             All American
Leotis Harris             All American
Al Mohammead         All SWC
Freddie Childress       All American

hoggystyle78

How could an emergency come up? it seems to me if they know 3 base plays then they've got roughly 60% of HDN's playbook covered, hopefully in the next 2 days they can learn the other 2 plays in the play book and we'll be all set! But seriously it does seem like nutt moves around an awful lot of players and it's not always due to injury, is nutt and the rest of the staff having a hard time evaluating our talent or what?
Quote from: mikeirwin on October 19, 2005, 10:37:19 pm
Believe me HDN is hoping he doesn't have to use them. He said today that they know the blocking on three base plays.
Again it's an emergency situation due to injuries along the O line.

WILL CLINTON

To which side have they learned those 3 plays?  so they have to learn those same 3 to the other side, then the other 2 to the right, then left. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

nwarazfan

Oline depth should be more evidence to the wait til next year or give HDN another year with Monk, McFadden, Jones, Mustain...group that next year isn't going to be much better.  This program has too many holes at too many positions.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Smithian on October 20, 2005, 06:49:38 am
...Jesus Christ. I don't care if Bledsoe is a piece of crap, but atleast against Auburn he showed some push against their run game it looked like to me.

That was one of the problems. Several times, they just let him push right up the field and then ran back through the hole he had left. He has no "want to" when it comes to playing defense.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson