Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just wanted to publicly thank HOOPHOG.....

Started by JD Hogg, October 18, 2005, 10:04:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Hogg

for his eloquent and well thought out call into DTS talk show today.  I thought it was very relevant and I've made those same observations about our fearless leader :puke: for the past few years.  Thank you Hoophog, even though RR and RS & RT immediately made excuses for nutt's behavior I thought your points were very well made.

JD

HogBall94

Can you elaborate for those of us who weren't in a position to hear it?

JD Hogg

Quote from: HogBall94 on October 18, 2005, 10:40:57 pm
Can you elaborate for those of us who weren't in a position to hear it?

He mainly just pointed out how hdn always mentions plays that players didn't make and comments in such a way that puts the responsibility on the player.  He pointed out that alot of coaches will say that they apparently didn't have their players ready to make the plays and that they would work on it.  nutt words it in a way that implies the player has been told and should have made the play, thereby putting the onus on the player.  RR, RS and RT immediately began saying that most coaches now don't take responsibility like Bear Bryant used to because of the insecurities of the coaching profession, blah, blah, blah.  I think HH hit the nail on the head.  Perhaps he will post here and tell you better than I can.  It was a good call.

HogBall94

hawkeyefan17

I didn't hear this particular call but I have noticed that HoopHog is a good caller when he does call into the shows around here.

I have heard many coaches take resposibility for losses and bad play.

socalhogcaller

Quote from: JD Hogg on October 18, 2005, 10:04:00 pm
for his eloquent and well thought out call into DTS talk show today.  I thought it was very relevant and I've made those same observations about our fearless leader :puke: for the past few years.  Thank you Hoophog, even though RR and RS & RT immediately made excuses for nutt's behavior I thought your points were very well made.

JD

I heard the call too, over the net.  He made a good point about the coaches puting the blame on the players, especially RoJo.  He said that they've had years to get a qb ready to play and they haven't done it, that's the coaches fault, not the player's.  I agree.  He also brought up the fact that if our talent level is low, it is because of poor recruiting and bad talent evaluations, also not the player's fault.  Rick and Randy gave a lame excuse for Nutt.  I enjoy the show, its one of my few links to my beloved hogs and the state of Arkansas, but they've got to get tougher on Houston, this is getting very serious.

thundergraham15

Hey it like this don`t blame the players for something you can`t do.

BushHawg

stupid question but what is the url to listen to DTS online?  Sorry I'm an out of stater.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

brooks74

RAZORBART

All the second guessing and questions (ligit or not ) ain"t going to change anything until JFB makes the decision it is time to change. As long as he is behind Nutt there will be no significant changes within the department nor the press. As soon as JFB pulls the string the press and fans will turn on HDN like the Iraqi's turned on Saddam another popular dictator while holding the reins.We may as well settle in and wait until the bombing (stinking) is over.

bknight33

What amazes me is that RS AND CO. hear it every week if they watch the news.  Herring says that it is his job to get his kids ready to play...he shoulders the responsibility...WE could not stop the run....no magic..no secrets....I have heard the man on several occasions say things about how he has got to do a better job....etc..

JDHogg

HDN has done that MANY times this year and I really just noticed it after the Bama game.  That hurts recruiting as bad as losing all your home SEC games.

Examples..........." well, we had called a pass on third down and Robert just didn't make the throw"...  Why were we in 3rd down anyway coach?  Because the first and second down plays stunk and the D knew we had to throw!!!

continued.........." Yeah, he really needed to scoop and score, I wished he'd scooped and scored".....  Why do we need to scoop and score on a blocked punt recovered at the eight yard line?  Because HDN's impotent offense couldn't get 8 yards in 4 plays?  2 Yards per play times 4 plays ...gives...Jethro cipher this for me!!!   Naught yards time four plays is naught.

"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Cookie

Quote from: JDHogg on October 19, 2005, 01:18:26 pm
HDN has done that MANY times this year and I really just noticed it after the Bama game. That hurts recruiting as bad as losing all your home SEC games.

Examples..........." well, we had called a pass on third down and Robert just didn't make the throw"... Why were we in 3rd down anyway coach? Because the first and second down plays stunk and the D knew we had to throw!!!

continued.........." Yeah, he really needed to scoop and score, I wished he'd scooped and scored"..... Why do we need to scoop and score on a blocked punt recovered at the eight yard line? Because HDN's impotent offense couldn't get 8 yards in 4 plays? 2 Yards per play times 4 plays ...gives...Jethro cipher this for me!!! Naught yards time four plays is naught.

Agreed...well said, JD!

PIGINAPOKE

Rick is a MORON..learn it/ live it / know it.
  At some point in your adult life you have to stop.. 24 yr kid at home.. boot..job sucks.. move on..Car a piece of crap.. buy a new one.This fletch would fish a river with no water for tuna if NUTT said he got a bite ..And we all no there is no tuna in a river ? Sort of like  this guys brain is always in a dream? Dream this rick .. WE WIN 5 GAMES?  I AM OUT TO THE ILLINOIS RIVER  to troll for bluefin?................what a sloth
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Flatfoot

JD

JD do you realize how big Hoop's head is going to be after reading this?  He will absolutely be unstoppable!  :D
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

forsaken bacon

Quote from: flatfoot304 on October 19, 2005, 09:50:28 pm

JD

JD do you realize how big Hoop's head is going to be after reading this?  He will absolutely be unstoppable! :D

Bravo Hoop!  Your head should be big.  The 2 minutes before the break and the 5 minutes after was probably the most intellectual and thought out conversation of the day.  To bad Rick still had to spout some sunshine.  You hit all topics.  recruiting evaluation, development of players, throwing you players under the bus, etc...   

Forrest City Joe was quite amusing today as well.

Flatfoot

Quote from: forsaken bacon on October 19, 2005, 09:57:09 pm
Quote from: flatfoot304 on October 19, 2005, 09:50:28 pm
for his eloquent and well thought out call into DTS talk show today. I thought it was very relevant and I've made those same observations about our fearless leader :puke: for the past few years. Thank you Hoophog, even though RR and RS & RT immediately made excuses for nutt's behavior I thought your points were very well made.

JD

JD do you realize how big Hoop's head is going to be after reading this? He will absolutely be unstoppable! :D

Bravo Hoop! Your head should be big. The 2 minutes before the break and the 5 minutes after was probably the most intellectual and thought out conversation of the day. To bad Rick still had to spout some sunshine. You hit all topics. recruiting evaluation, development of players, throwing you players under the bus, etc...

Forrest City Joe was quite amusing today as well.

Hoop is my buddy and he is very well spoken. 
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.