Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Observations from Sr Camp

Started by The Galloping Ghost, July 19, 2009, 10:33:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Galloping Ghost

That's interesting. I believe Richard Davenport said that Cobb had said his ride fell through this morning, and he would be at the camp in the afternoon, which did not happen. That's all I know.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

hogdiggity

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 07:05:22 pm
That's interesting. I believe Richard Davenport said that Cobb had said his ride fell through this morning, and he would be at the camp in the afternoon, which did not happen. That's all I know.

it could be a bunch of BS, but it is being batted around some places.

TMc

It's being reported that he indeed go to T-Town

jackflash

Always some who don't show. Still great reporting my thanks

The Galloping Ghost

Glad to be of service. I enjoyed myself today. Coach Petrino said he was encouraged with the turn-out and was excited about the team this year. He feels we can be very competitive in the league this season.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Zen_Hog

Quote from: TMc on July 19, 2009, 07:22:11 pm
It's being reported that he indeed go to T-Town

So he lied to RD?

hogdiggity

I won't call him a liar, but here is an RSS feed result:

Tide camp begins

Sun, 19 July 2009 21:01:00 GMT

On Sunday afternoon, many of the top football prospects in the country began to roll into Tuscaloosa for the Tide's last camp of the summer. Check the Ultimate Ticket for access to continuing updates from camp including confirmation of arrival on prospects such as Rivals100 star Demarco Cobbs

Steef

There are other WR's.

Ghost, thanks for the reports.  :)

The Galloping Ghost

Honestly...I would be very disappointed in a young man that would tell such a blatant fallacy as is being reported.

Possible blessing in disguise?? We need less program distractions. Not more.

hogdiggity

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 08:06:39 pm
Honestly...I would be very disappointed in a young man that would tell such a blatant fallacy as is being reported.

that is what I was thinking

linze82

agree. i love the talent  but i bet we move on from here
smite me bishes

forrest city joe

It's his loss. i think after today we are done with Cobb. i think our staff will move on from this guy.thank you so much for all the great updates. you are the man.

donewithdale

Quote from: hogdiggity on July 19, 2009, 07:52:07 pm
I won't call him a liar, but here is an RSS feed result:

Tide camp begins

Sun, 19 July 2009 21:01:00 GMT

On Sunday afternoon, many of the top football prospects in the country began to roll into Tuscaloosa for the Tide's last camp of the summer. Check the Ultimate Ticket for access to continuing updates from camp including confirmation of arrival on prospects such as Rivals100 star Demarco Cobbs
f him lets move on

The Galloping Ghost

I wish I could've gotten so many more looks but with all the kids that were on campus today, and me being by myself it was hard trying to keep up. It was good to see CBP so involved in the actual work. During the last set of live one on ones he stayed with the QB's as they were throwing teaching the whole time. I like guys who are hands on. He works with a lot of energy and passion. A lot of HC's in the conference would probably just let the assts take care of the work.

El Puerco

Just my personal preference but, if we have to choose, I want Frazier.

forrest city joe

Quote from: donewithdale on July 19, 2009, 08:14:38 pm
f him lets move on
Here is one thing these guys better get use too.arkansas is not some 2nd rate program that you can disrespect. if it's true Cobb lied and was at Bama today.CBP is building a championship program. and we dont need guys you cant trust. i think our staff is done with Cobb. let him go running to Bama or USC.the day is coming soon that we will be right there with those programs.

donewithdale

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 19, 2009, 08:24:58 pm
Here is one thing these guys better get use too.arkansas is not some 2nd rate program that you can disrespect. if it's true Cobb lied and was at Bama today.CBP is building a championship program. and we dont need guys you cant trust. i think our staff is done with Cobb. let him go running to Bama or USC.the day is coming soon that we will be right there with those programs.

In the words of Mike Gundy - BP is a man and knows what he is doing.

donewithdale

Quote from: ROAD HOGG on July 19, 2009, 08:41:45 pm
Everyone is Arkansas and nationwide should know this season that: "This isn't your Dad's Razorbacks!" Notice has been served.

I enjoyed reading Terry Woods' piece on Holtz and think we may finally have a chance for redeeming Broyles mistake when he fired Lou in Petrino.  We have more than a good ole boy who can recruit outside of our state's borders while getting WHAT HE WANTS inside the state. 

TX HOG

hopefully, we will hear something from Lucas, Barnett, and Gaston soon.  see what they liked and how they felt on the hill

The Boar War

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 19, 2009, 08:12:13 pm
It's his loss. i think after today we are done with Cobb. i think our staff will move on from this guy.thank you so much for all the great updates. you are the man.

While I agree with your sentiment I'm looking forward to the day when we can pass on a guy before he's already passed on us.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 08:20:43 pm
I wish I could've gotten so many more looks but with all the kids that were on campus today, and me being by myself it was hard trying to keep up. It was good to see CBP so involved in the actual work. During the last set of live one on ones he stayed with the QB's as they were throwing teaching the whole time. I like guys who are hands on. He works with a lot of energy and passion. A lot of HC's in the conference would probably just let the assts take care of the work.

So from your observations, where there any recruits in particular that you think earned a scholarship?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

forrest city joe

Quote from: donewithdale on July 19, 2009, 08:46:22 pm
I enjoyed reading Terry Woods' piece on Holtz and think we may finally have a chance for redeeming Broyles mistake when he fired Lou in Petrino.  We have more than a good ole boy who can recruit outside of our state's borders while getting WHAT HE WANTS inside the state. 
I agree with you 100%. it's a new day for arkansas football. the days of arkansas cant win in the sec are over.we will start winning big games against the likes of Florida,Lsu,UGA and TN. Nutt's record against those teams was terrible.it's a new day hawg fans.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The Boar War on July 19, 2009, 09:01:04 pm
While I agree with your sentiment I'm looking forward to the day when we can pass on a guy before he's already passed on us.
It's coming. and it will be soon. we are going to win this year.

Greenhog

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 08:20:43 pm

Just wondering how Courtney Haskell, Antonio Harding, and Thamail Morgan looked & performed today at the camp?? These 3 prospects really intrigue me & I could see them getting a scholarship offer from Arkansas. Thanks for the info.

donewithdale

Quote from: The Boar War on July 19, 2009, 09:01:04 pm

That may not happen 100% but the good thing is you know that there is a plan that is being carried out by organized adults that know what they are doing.  I just wish our fans could relax and enjoy instead of handwringing so much.  We have one rogue leech in state and a few rogue churchgoers and otherwise we are good.

donewithdale

Quote from: Greenhog on July 19, 2009, 09:07:25 pm
Just wondering how Courtney Haskell, Antonio Harding, and Thamail Morgan looked & performed today at the camp?? These 3 prospects really intrigue me & I could see them getting a scholarship offer from Arkansas. Thanks for the info.

Morgan -It will be a shame if he allows off the field to deny D1 opportunities.  I saw his father play and he is supposed to be better.  That is a football player who makes plays if so.

The Galloping Ghost

July 19, 2009, 09:18:08 pm #76 Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 09:22:02 pm by The Galloping Ghost
Man Bubba...these guys are not all out there about their opinions. I have spoken in defense of Shiloh before, so I don't want to be accused of "pimping" like I have been before, but Coach McGee and Coach Petrino himself spent a lot of time with Frazier, and McGee was talking alone with Frazier and his Dad when I left.

I thought Antonio Harding performed very we'll today. As I stated earlier he was very physical. Thamail Morgan was one that looked good on the field, I just have to wonder what he's done to his status with off-the-field issues. Not judging, just wondering. 

Pertaining to the OL,
Mitch Hall was outstanding along with Jordan Rainey, a big kid named Snyder out of Texas and Travis Bodenstein from Shiloh. Those were 4 of the 5 chosen by the staff to do one on ones. Basically they were considered the best. Just a little more recap. I'm sure Mr. Davenport will give us a great breakdown as he always does. Looking forward to it from him. He's the best in the state for sure.

Greenhog

Quote from: donewithdale on July 19, 2009, 09:14:30 pm
Morgan -It will be a shame if he allows off the field to deny D1 opportunities.  I saw his father play and he is supposed to be better.  That is a football player who makes plays if so.

I am there with you about Morgan, b/c he is a ball player & I really hope he performs well at these camps & comes away w/ a scholarship offer from the Hogs. Whoever takes a chance on him will be glad they did. I really want him & Courtney Haskell to get offers. I watched Haskell as a Sophmore & he would blow your mind when he was in the open field!! That kid is very quick & could cut on a dime! His only problem is the injuries that he has had in the past. If he stays healthy he is a Michael Dyer type of player!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 09:18:08 pm
Man Bubba...these guys are not all out there about their opinions. I have spoken in defense of Shiloh before, so I don't want to be accused of "pimping" like I have been before, but Coach McGee and Coach Petrino himself spent a lot of time with Frazier, and McGee was talking alone with Frazier and his Dad when I left.

I thought Antonio Harding performed very we'll today. As I stated earlier he was very physical. Thamail Morgan was one that looked good on the field, I just have to wonder what he's done to his status with off-the-field issues. Not judging, just wondering. 

Pertaining to the OL,
Mitch Hall was outstanding along with Jordan Rainey, a big kid named Snyder out of Texas and Travis Bodenstein from Shiloh. Those were 4 of the 5 chosen by the staff to do one on ones. Basically they were considered the best. Just a little more recap. I'm sure Mr. Davenport will give us a great breakdown as he always does. Looking forward to it from him. He's the best in the state for sure.

The next couple of days should be interesting regarding possible scholarships.  Appreciate the updates.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The Galloping Ghost

You're exactly right Bubba...we'll know more, most likely by Tuesday.

Oklahawg

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 09:18:08 pm

Pertaining to the OL,

Good stuff. Thanx
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HoustonwehaveaProblem

I know this is considered a Sr. Camp, but notice two top upcoming juniors (Allen, Frazier) in attendence. Is that a common thing for a camp like this. How many underclassmen are working out?

The Galloping Ghost

It's fairly common I believe. If they are considered potential recruits for sure.
Frazier was there last year as an incoming Sophomore. That's actually where I met him.

COCHISE

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 10:07:13 pm
It's fairly common I believe. If they are considered potential recruits for sure.
Frazier was there last year as an incoming Sophomore. That's actually where I met him.
I believe they're invitation only from the coaches aren't they?  Just a way of showing likely recruits like Harvill, Frazier, etc. some love.

The Galloping Ghost

Yes. Those young guys are invitees. It is their way of saying "we're interested".

Oliverhogman

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 10:07:13 pm

Do you think Frazier and Allen would both accept scholarships to the SAME school?  If not then it will be Allen.  Had to keep Bobby here for some reason.

The Galloping Ghost

That's not true. Trust me on that. Or not. That's your decision.

Oliverhogman

Maybe so.

It might be a way to get rid of the last of the Nutt mafia.

If that is the case. I am pulling for Frazier now more than ever.

I do not think they both go to the same college.

flagstaffhog

Appreciate your effort of keeping all of us updated.

Go Hogs Go!   :razorback:
Go HOGS Go!

donewithdale

Quote from: Oliverhogman on July 19, 2009, 10:33:10 pm
Maybe so.

It might be a way to get rid of the last of the Nutt mafia.

If that is the case. I am pulling for Frazier now more than ever.

I do not think they both go to the same college.

Shocker Shiloh shill

Oklahawg

I don't equate Bobby Allen with the Mafia.

He was retained and stayed.

He (apparently) has proven his worth to Petrino. Steve Campbell, uber recruiter and DL coach at TN under Fat Fulmer, has been without a job since circa Jan 1. If Allen was that bad he'd have been replaced.

I don't have a problem with both Allen and Frazier coming on board as QB commits. The depth chart is short one as it is.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Oliverhogman on July 19, 2009, 10:21:19 pm
Do you think Frazier and Allen would both accept scholarships to the SAME school?  If not then it will be Allen.  Had to keep Bobby here for some reason.

This comment stinks!!  I've never read or heard anything bad about Bobby Allen in all the time he's been here.  By all accounts he was very classy and professional during the change of coaching administrations.  He's done a lot of great recruiting for the UA over the years.  I believe he's made a big difference in that.  HDN believed he had value for 10 years, right?  And now, CBP also believes he is a valuable member of the staff.  But you rag on him.

I don't have a clue where your allegiances really are, but I can't see an indication they are with the U of A. 
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Oliverhogman

I still say he was kept here to get his son.  I guess next year we will find out.  If you think Allen and Frazier are going to both come here.  I hope you are right.  I do not see it happening.  They both want to play to bad to sit behind the other one.

NWAREDBUG

I think Petrino takes the best QB available... whether it's the coaches son or not. In state or out of state. I've know Coach Allen for a while and he is a good man and coach... I even mentioned to him that some have even wondered if his son would play for free since he was a coach on the staff. We both got a good laugh out of that one.

Oliverhogman

Do you think he will get Allen and Frazier to commit to the same team?

3pigsinafountain

QuoteI've never read or heard anything bad about Bobby Allen in all the time he's been here.

Then you simply haven't been paying attention for very long.  No real need to dredge the details up since this is not a thread about Bobby Allen.  Just that, that was a very bald and unsupportable statement.

and btw;  trying to prop up BA by referencing the dorks personnel decisions as the gold standard is demonstratably lame.

ferrellhog

Quote from: 3pigsinafountain on July 20, 2009, 12:16:28 am
Then you simply haven't been paying attention for very long.  No real need to dredge the details up since this is not a thread about Bobby Allen.  Just that, that was a very bald and unsupportable statement.

and btw;  trying to prop up BA by referencing the dorks personnel decisions as the gold standard is demonstratably lame.
Ive met Coach Allen .I found him to be a genuine person with a passion for football . The only thing I can hold against the man is the picture of him shaking hands wiht Nutt after the game . He earned his spot on the coaching staff . He is good at creating relationshis with players.

Tomhog™

July 20, 2009, 07:26:56 am #97 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 08:10:06 am by Tomhog™
Retaining a coach to get his son is not the modus operandi of this staff.  Nor is tag-team offering.  You don't build championship teams like that.  Petrino is much more confident than to resort to such tactics we were used to. 

Hogs12

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 19, 2009, 11:02:31 pm
I don't equate Bobby Allen with the Mafia.

He was retained and stayed.

He (apparently) has proven his worth to Petrino. Steve Caldwell, uber recruiter and DL coach at TN under Fat Fulmer, has been without a job since circa Jan 1. If Allen was that bad he'd have been replaced.

I don't have a problem with both Allen and Frazier coming on board as QB commits. The depth chart is short one as it is.
I changed the name to Caldwell since that is his name. I personally think Coach Caldwell jumps on board after this year. One of the current Defensive coaches will either take another job or will not be retained.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hogs12 on July 20, 2009, 10:06:43 am
I changed the name to Caldwell since that is his name. I personally think Coach Caldwell jumps on board after this year. One of the current Defensive coaches will either take another job or will not be retained.

Thanks for the correction! I agree that he may well be the next UA defensive coach...but I'll enjoy this season and give the coaches their opportunity to help us win.