Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Observations from Sr Camp

Started by The Galloping Ghost, July 19, 2009, 10:33:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Galloping Ghost

I'm here at Sr. Camp this morning. There is a very solid turnout, with what looks like approximately 300 kids. There are 32 QB's with Coach McGee, and about 20 each RB's and WR's.

On a sidenote, Coach McGee has Allen and Frazier partnered up for drills and is spending the majority of his time on the end where they are. I was talking to Coach Streubing from Har-Ber when Frazier and Harvill walked in together and about half the coaching staff made the trek across the field to greet them.

Marcus Lucas is here and he's a great looking young man definitely passing the eye test for a big time wide out.

I haven't seen DeMarco Cobb. I do not believe he showed, but I will confirm that later.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

The Galloping Ghost

I was correct earlier, in that DeMarco Cobb is not here.

I did meet Mr. Calvin Barnett Sr and talked with him a few minutes. Jr is great looking player. Looks to be a solid 6'5" and around the 300 mark. He's very quick off the ball and moves side to side well for a big man.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

SPAL

thanks for the updates buddy...keep em comin if u get a chance.

passinghog

How is Griswold looking?
Shouldn't be hard to pick him out..

The Galloping Ghost

July 19, 2009, 11:26:59 am #4 Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:28:38 am by The Galloping Ghost
Hefley and Ueckman, are both here. Hefley is MUCH thicker than Ueckman, and if appearances are correct Hefley would have the advantage as a blocker. They both catch the ball very well.

Frazier just threw a bullet to Ueckman on a 10 yard out that went between his hands and hit him so hard in the sternum it made him grunt. He said wow, and laughed about it. Kid has a good attitude. Brandon and Kiehl both look very sharp, even after a lot of 7 on 7.  That's a good thing though showing that level of endurance.

The Galloping Ghost

RazorAg

Thanks very much for the updates, Ghost.

spurrr

The Galloping Ghost

Just watched Rahim Alford from Warren work out. Fast kid with good hands. Seems to be a hard worker also.

The Galloping Ghost

Thank you for reminding me of that. Brey is here, he is not dressed to work out though. Just hanging out and watching.

The Galloping Ghost

Antonio Harding and Courtney Haskell just faced off in a very competitive one on one battle. Harding edged him. Both are very physical.

ThisTeetsTaken

Nice work.    Can you tell if the coaches favor Allen over Frazier or the other way around?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

The Galloping Ghost

No I can't but I can tell this. They favor those two over the rest of the crowd. Coach McGee is spending a lot of time with Frazier, but I don't think its favoring necessarily.

Wildhog

Is Davidell Collins there?  I wish he'd earn an offer. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

smun83

i wonder why griswold didnt make it.

RSteele83

Is Marcus Lucas participating in drills?

The Galloping Ghost

No sir, Lucas is not participating in drills.

Wildhog

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 12:32:29 pm
No sir, Lucas is not participating in drills.

Will you tell him to just commit already?
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Galloping Ghost

I'm sorry wildhog, I do not know who Davidell is. Forgive me, you'll have to help with that one.

The Galloping Ghost

I'll go tell him right now wildhog. Hang on a minute, let me find him. The boys are eating lunch.

Wildhog

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 12:33:39 pm
I'm sorry wildhog, I do not know who Davidell is. Forgive me, you'll have to help with that one.

Big DE from Bearden.  6-6, about 250.  I want him to blow up and get an offer. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Music City Hog

RD said Cobbs ride fell through this morning but he will arrive this afternoon

The Galloping Ghost

OK. I know the kid you're talking about now. I notices him when I was watching Barnett. Looks good but VERY raw. Lacks balance at this stage. Marked development needed. Just my take though.

Wildhog

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 12:54:29 pm
OK. I know the kid you're talking about now. I notices him when I was watching Barnett. Looks good but VERY raw. Lacks balance at this stage. Marked development needed. Just my take though.

That sounds about right.  I was just wondering how we was doing.  Thanks.
1909/1964/1965/1977

cmiller01

How does Courtney Gaston look?

Should be in there with the linebackers.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

The Galloping Ghost

July 19, 2009, 01:24:41 pm #26 Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:26:19 pm by The Galloping Ghost
No sir they're  not.

The Galloping Ghost

I haven't gotten a chance to really watch the LB's yet.

Zen_Hog

Thanks Ghost for the good updates. Is anyone standing out at the camp?

The Galloping Ghost

Your welcome. Not presently, because they really haven't started one on one's.

VenturaHog

Great stuff Ghost, I apprecite it

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on July 19, 2009, 12:33:06 pm
Will you tell him to just commit already?

Yes, along with Barnett. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

keithh1999

Excellent reports!! +1, and many thanks.
Pig Farmers are cool.

ballinhog

ballinhog

Quote from: ballinhog on July 19, 2009, 03:31:59 pm
Does Courtney Haskell stand out among running backs? Have the coaches spent any extra time talking to him?

Thanks for the updates!! :razorback:

The Galloping Ghost

July 19, 2009, 03:38:48 pm #35 Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 08:00:29 pm by The Galloping Ghost
Courtney looked very well today. I'm standing here talking to him right now. He's excited about being up here and he's thinned up some this summer. He's very lean. Nice kid.

Razorod

Have you had a chance to look at the OL players? I'm curious about OC Brown. What do you think, can you tell what the coaches think? Don't think he's going to get offers from OU or LSU. I'm curious if we look at him as a center.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

ballinhog

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 03:38:48 pm
Courtney looked very well today. I'm standing hear talking to him right now. He's excited about being up here and he's thinned up some this summer. He's very lean. Nice kid.

Awesome..I shoulda went down there today..wish I would have now

Razorod

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 03:47:41 pm
I didn't watch the OL's much at all, but I'm standing here by Mike Summers as of now. I'll ask him who stood out to him and report back in a little while. Gimme' a few.
thanks in advance.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

LJHOG

Hawgustus Caesar

Is Walt there pimping prodigies and pilphering parents' pockets?

JYH

Quote from: Oliverhogman on July 19, 2009, 03:55:50 pm
Is Walt Williams and Otis Kirk standing on the sideline comparing notes?  8)

Otis loves Bobby P...get your facts straight.

arkrzbckfn

Is Greg White there today and working out?

SPAL

dude, you are awesome for these reports. Major kudos.

The Galloping Ghost

I don't think Greg White made it up. Maybe Richard could help us with that one.

jpridgin

How did Keon Walters look? should have been with the WRs....good size (6'3'' 210 lbs) and speed (4.6)

The Galloping Ghost

I'm sorry. I suppose I missed him.

The Galloping Ghost

DeMarco Cobb was a no-show today unfortunately.

hogdiggity

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 19, 2009, 06:22:49 pm
DeMarco Cobb was a no-show today unfortunately.

There are claims on other sites he was actually in Tuscaloosa today