Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss Board

Started by saturday6, July 18, 2009, 01:07:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

saturday6

I used to Like Ole Miss before TCTWF went there.  Saw the following on the Ole Miss Board and I just can't believe these guys and how great they think their coach and team is.  Weak Schedule and weak coach - Their days are numbered.

--------------------------------------------------------

ON THE OLE MISS BOARD:
we can only take 22 players this year. Its never been the staffs style to have them commit early. He lets them take all their visits and then commit. I really think their going to wait to see what the season brings them in terms of recruiting. The great season were about to have will bring in top notch players once they get the rebel fever.

GO REBS

ps: Don't worry about recruiting. It's going to be great. Houston Nutt is a closer with recruiting. He's big time in the final month.

-----------------------------------------------------

NUTT IS A CLOSER WITH RECRUITING.................. MAN, THEIR FANS LIVE IN LA LA LAND.

GO HOGS - LET'S WIN BIG THIS YEAR. 

LeArrEssSea

Quote from: saturday6 on July 18, 2009, 01:07:32 pm
ps: Don't worry about recruiting. It's going to be great. Houston Nutt is a closer with recruiting. He's big time in the final month.

NUTT IS A CLOSER WITH RECRUITING.................. MAN, THEIR FANS LIVE IN LA LA LAND.

Based on what he did at Ole Miss last year, what exactly would you want the casual Ole Miss fan to say?  An overwhelming majority of our blue-chippers didn't commit until after the season had ended.  Before the Cotton Bowl, we had maybe 10 commitments.  After the bowl and a little over a month later we had 40-gazillion (I think that's an accurate count).

Blutoblutarsky

I used to Like Ole Miss before TCTWF went there.  Saw the following on the Ole Miss Board and I just can't believe these guys and how great they think their coach and team is.  Weak Schedule and weak coach - Their days are numbered.

ON THE OLE MISS BOARD:
we can only take 22 players this year. Its never been the staffs style to have them commit early. He lets them take all their visits and then commit. I really think their going to wait to see what the season brings them in terms of recruiting. The great season were about to have will bring in top notch players once they get the rebel fever.

GO REBS

Who care's!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

ON THE OLE MISS BOARD:

GO REBS

They just haven't figured out that this is just excuse making. Good coaches get the majority of their recruiting classes aligned before the bowl games ever occur and then just work to hold them together until February. Nutt is a lazy recruiter and we'll see how quickly they learn that after they tank this year in comparison to the pre-season expectations. They think they have a "winner and a fighter" and all they really have is a "pick-up basketball player" for a HC that is milking them for his salary until he can find a better deal. Nutt's ideal place? The Big East. There he can be a "middlin" recruiter and win 8-9 games a year, get to a bowl game and his fans will worship him.
Go Hogs Go!

Sonny Atkins Jr

My man HDN is a better closer than M Rivera from the Yankee's and thats a fact Playa!!!!

PoormansRobbyHampton

I probably said something similar about this point in 1999. I bet we all did. The dude is a master of smoke and mirrors. It's his game. At this point, I'd be ok with just letting them enjoy their new coach until they have their rude awakening. They won't be by here after Vandy beats them again anyway.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Sonny Atkins Jr on July 18, 2009, 03:02:34 pm
   My man HDN is a better closer than M Rivera from the Yankee's and thats a fact Playa!!!!
We will see!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Jborohog09

please explain to me how you like OM before Hootie was there.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Jborohog09 on July 18, 2009, 03:30:33 pm
please explain to me how you like OM before Hootie was there.

I had a soft spot for them myself, being that I have family in the area and have painted Oxford on more than one occasion.  Plus all the Miss America contestants walking around campus don't hurt.

However since I hate the Dork more than God hates sin, any like of them is gone.

combsj

Ole Miss' recruiting ranking 2 days before signing day was somewhere in the mid to low 40's depending on which service you looked at.  HDN was eat up inside that Petrino was bringing in a top 15 class in his first full recruiting year (which never sniffed top 20 in 10 yrs at UA).  So he pulled in 6 or 7 4* and a 5* in the last 2 days and signed them.  Gee how did that happen?  HDN must be great recruiter for that to happen.  Or if you want to look at it realistically, he got every academic problem child all of the big programs refused to touch, or backed off of to sign to boost his ranking up 25 spots.  And then said he would stock the MS Juco's. 

I can't believe everyone in the country jumped on board thought it was an ingenious idea, create a farm system for college.  It is actually a horrible idea.  His on-campus recruiting ranking for 2009 will be back in the 40's and all his 4* players he signed will spend 2 yrs in someone else's program learning their playbook, playing and practicing against inferior competition, and working out in their weight program for 2 years.  How is this a good thing for Ole Miss?  So you might not have a guy on campus that was a bust.  But how do you build depth if your long-term plan is to have a Juco farm system for half of your future recruits?  If you rank all Div-IA recruits, High Schoolers make up the majority of the top 250 nationwide.  Meaning your average Juco Jr coming in will not be much better than a freshman.  But you only get him for 2 yrs, yet somehow long-term that is a good idea vs. signing good freshmen, letting them redshirt, and stay in a BCS conference school program for 4-5 yrs?  Can that many college football "experts" really buy into Nutt's narcissism and idiocy against their own better judgement?  Somehow it happened.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Sonny Atkins Jr on July 18, 2009, 03:02:34 pm

We need to drug test you.
Go Hogs Go!

Jeffcphog

Why does this thread even exist?

FATBACKHAWG

Let them wallow in their ignorance.

razorjack12

Ole Miss will lose 2 games as favorites, win one as dogs.  First loss will be at USC -Thursday night on ESPN

honestabe

Quote from: combsj on July 18, 2009, 03:41:13 pm
Ole Miss' recruiting ranking 2 days before signing day was somewhere in the mid to low 40's depending on which service you looked at.  HDN was eat up inside that Petrino was bringing in a top 15 class in his first full recruiting year (which never sniffed top 20 in 10 yrs at UA).  So he pulled in 6 or 7 4* and a 5* in the last 2 days and signed them.  Gee how did that happen?  HDN must be great recruiter for that to happen.  Or if you want to look at it realistically, he got every academic problem child all of the big programs refused to touch, or backed off of to sign to boost his ranking up 25 spots.  And then said he would stock the MS Juco's. 

I can't believe everyone in the country jumped on board thought it was an ingenious idea, create a farm system for college.  It is actually a horrible idea.  His on-campus recruiting ranking for 2009 will be back in the 40's and all his 4* players he signed will spend 2 yrs in someone else's program learning their playbook, playing and practicing against inferior competition, and working out in their weight program for 2 years.  How is this a good thing for Ole Miss?  So you might not have a guy on campus that was a bust.  But how do you build depth if your long-term plan is to have a Juco farm system for half of your future recruits?  If you rank all Div-IA recruits, High Schoolers make up the majority of the top 250 nationwide.  Meaning your average Juco Jr coming in will not be much better than a freshman.  But you only get him for 2 yrs, yet somehow long-term that is a good idea vs. signing good freshmen, letting them redshirt, and stay in a BCS conference school program for 4-5 yrs?  Can that many college football "experts" really buy into Nutt's narcissism and idiocy against their own better judgement?  Somehow it happened.

That my friend, sums it up.

saturday6

This thread exists because I'm bored.  I am ready for football season and we need to get our fans fired up.

I am also sick of stuff about TCTWF, however, it's fun to keep him on the hot seat.

GO HOGS...............................

rebelbruiser

July 20, 2009, 10:06:29 am #16 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 01:55:15 pm by rebelbruiser
Quote from: combsj on July 18, 2009, 03:41:13 pm

You don't know how wrong you are on that.  We signed 9 blue chip players.  Of those 9, 7 of them were being courted heavily by top programs.  Bobby Massie and Pat Patterson in particular were stolen right out from under Nick Saban and Alabama.  They were livid over missing on those two.

The only two that fit the academic question/problem child mold are Jamar Hornsby (problem child) and Darius Barksdale (academic question).  Craig Drummond, Corey Gaines, Raymond Cotton, Pat Patterson, DT Shackleford, and Rodney Scott were all being heavily recruited by multiple BCS programs, and all of them enrolled at Ole Miss either in the spring or during summer school, proving that they didn't have major academic questions.  Hornsby has his academics, but he's a proven problem child that drove away a lot of suitors, though UT was actively on his trail.  He's awaiting his trial before a decision is made on whether or not to let him enroll.

Barksdale has finished his classes now and is expected to be cleared.  Massie is finishing up his classes and is expected to be cleared.  It's not like we took a bunch of guys no one wanted.  We beat out major BCS programs for top notch players that were in decent shape academically for the most part.

We have 6 of our 9 blue chips already on campus.  At least 2, possibly all 3 of the others will be on campus next month.  The players that won't report are almost all 2 and 3 star players.  So in reality, when you factor in the fact that our average star ranking will go up (which is a major factor in the Rivals ranking), our enrolled recruiting ranking actually stands to improve.  Those are the facts.  Prove me wrong with something other than conjecture if you will.

Oh, and let me also add that in Ed Orgeron's best class at Ole Miss (2006), we signed 9 blue chip players, and only 7 of them enrolled.  Nutt's 2009 class will at least match that in terms of signed blue chips and enrolled blue chips.  Not to mention that fact that at least 6 of the blue chips we signed in 2006 had major academic questions or off field issues that drove away potential schools.

ETA:  Apparently Massie and Barksdale are both moving to Oxford over the weekend, so they are done with their classes.  They still both have to wait on their official clearance from the NCAA, but both have their grades and obviously they don't anticipate any issues.  So that means that 8 of our 9 blue chip signees are expected to be enrolled this fall, with the 9th still waiting on his trial, assuming they end up taking him.  So, it will be either 8 or 9 of our blue chips signees enrolling by this fall, which will be more than Orgeron ever enrolled in any of his signing classes.