Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dyer is making his 3rd unoffical trip to Auburn this weekend

Started by ListenHereMister, July 16, 2009, 08:57:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint Alan

Tidbit for you guys.........

Seastrunk, Reed, & Dixon have decided not to go to Stars & Stripes at AU.....instead, they will be at LSU camp this weekend
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

The Hogfather

Quote from: rubmyHOG on July 16, 2009, 01:22:15 pm
Tidbit for you guys.........

Seastrunk, Reed, & Dixon have decided not to go to Stars & Stripes at AU.....instead, they will be at LSU camp this weekend

OOPS....

The defections are already starting.

DeuceHawg

It may be a bad attitude but if Dyer commits to Auburn (which I think he will do for at least a short time) I hope all the rest of their big time recruits go somewhere else.  I'll seriously have hard feelings towards auburn.  That being said, the great thing about this staff is that they have a vision and they keep working towards it.  We havn't offered dakota yet because we don't see him as a priority even though offering him might give us some help with dyer.  We would rather find a replacement for dyer than offer someone a scholarship to get someone else.

Nate_Olson

According to Andre Dyer, Michael's uncle, Michael Dyer is NOT visiting Auburn this weekend and plans to play in the VYPE 7on7 Tournament in Fayetteville.

http://www.vype.com/general/35726

Simple Swineman

I don't know either of these guys personally. Have never even been in the same room with them. But Dyer reminds me a lot of Ronnie Wingo in the words he says and his personality in interviews. Very smart kids that don't rush into things or make emotional decisions, but instead take the time to do their research and make sure they are doing what is best for them.

When the dust settles and all the options are weighed Dyer will be a hog just like Wingo.

razorback44

Quote from: Nate_Olson on July 16, 2009, 01:53:38 pm
According to Andre Dyer, Michael’s uncle, Michael Dyer is NOT visiting Auburn this weekend and plans to play in the VYPE 7on7 Tournament in Fayetteville.

Thanks Nate!  I like the "they can take what they want from that" comment by his uncle.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Reservoir Hogs

According to Andre Dyer, Michael’s uncle, Michael Dyer is NOT visiting Auburn this weekend and plans to play in the VYPE 7on7 Tournament in Fayetteville.

Well that sounds pretty solid.  Im excited to see what MD says tonight on Shawn and Wallys show

The Boar War

Which was the plan all along.  Apparently some Auburn Rivals writers said something else. 

I can't believe I'm getting this worked up over recruiting in July.

TX HOG

I like the idea of Coach Horton and MD on the show just minutes after each other. 

DeuceHawg

Well if neither Dyer nor seastrunk and the other people mentioned go to the stars and stripes weekend, that fan base will be pretty upset and won't be too quick to believe anything that comes out of there.

Clint Alan

Quote from: DeuceHawg on July 16, 2009, 02:41:06 pm
Well if neither Dyer nor seastrunk and the other people mentioned go to the stars and stripes weekend, that fan base will be pretty upset and won't be too quick to believe anything that comes out of there.

Upset?

Try ruined then that turning into total meltdown......
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

LJHOG

I think it's a sign of maturity that the young man wants to go tell Cizik and Gus he won't be attending Auburn in person.  Good to see character in young people.  He must have be raised right.

TX HOG

Quote from: LJHOG on July 16, 2009, 02:52:17 pm
I think it's a sign of maturity that the young man wants to go tell Cizik and Gus he won't be attending Auburn in person.  Good to see character in young people.  He must have be raised right.

Won't be attending auburn's recruiting day?

Dropkick

If MD were my son i would want him to go where he felt he would be the happiest for the next 3-4 years of his life. As much as I would want him to be a Hog I would be more concerned with what was best for him.

I am going to try and look at it from that perspective as this plays out.

Blinkhog

If we dont get him we do get him but the program is in good hands.

Hogmodo

..................the Scout.com Auburn free board has a mini-meltdown going on because Andre Dyer, Michael's uncle is quoted in a link as saying Michael and the rest of CAC's 7on7 team are in Fayetteville and he will not be bringing Michael to Auburn.  Dakota Mosley is quoted as going to be in Fayetteville too but might stop by Auburn on the way to Florida on a vacation trip.

The meltdown seems to be fueled by several cancellations.  Maybe the fat lady ain't sang yet in the Dyer opera.
Time to git er done Hogs!

El Puerco

Our collective outrage over the pending Auburn commit is so severe to the point that we can't possibly fathom how shocked we will all be when he changes his commit to us on signing day.  Is it still July?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Dropkick on July 16, 2009, 03:05:33 pm
If MD were my son i would want him to go where he felt he would be the happiest for the next 3-4 years of his life. As much as I would want him to be a Hog I would be more concerned with what was best for him.

I am going to try and look at it from that perspective as this plays out.

All arrows point to Arkansas, if trying to figure out what would be best for him....

idiotghos

Quote from: razorback44 on July 16, 2009, 02:03:32 pm
Thanks Nate!  I like the "they can take what they want from that" comment by his uncle.

It sounds like he's tired of people trying to analyze and/or criticize Dyer's every move.

razorback44

I should probably be working instead of surfing but anyways one of the Auburn rivals writers just posted something on their premium board that caused the Mod of the free board to tell Arkansas fans to "hold that thought" of Dyer not coming to visit Auburn this weekend.  Anyone have any clue what that might be?

Kenny Hawgins

another auburn message board's recruiting "guru" said that the vype article was wrong and that dyer would possibly be riding with mosley.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

The Boar War

Quote from: razorback44 on July 16, 2009, 03:51:26 pm
I should probably be working instead of surfing but anyways one of the Auburn rivals writers just posted something on their premium board that caused the Mod of the free board to tell Arkansas fans to "hold that thought" of Dyer not coming to visit Auburn this weekend.  Anyone have any clue what that might be?

He's trying to calm down the Auburn fans in Alabama.  I've heard there have been several bad wrecks as Auburn fans drive from town to town looking for a computer so they can log on and find out whats going on.

Music City Hog

Well, Dyer will be on the radio this afternoon and if they are smart enough to ask him the question, then he can settle it once and for all.

Oliverhogman

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on July 16, 2009, 03:54:10 pm
another auburn message board's recruiting "guru" said that the vype article was wrong and that dyer would possibly be riding with mosley.

This is what I believe will happen.

pigture perfect

I want Michael Dyer to be a Razorback. Let's let the kid enjoy the process. It's a once in a lifetime thing and should be enjoyed. I gather from Uncle Andre's comments that it is more pressure than pleasure at this point.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

uptownhog

Has anyone mentioned this fact: If Dyer wants to go to Auburn because Malzahn and his offense, what are the odds that GM will be there through Dyer's career? I give Gus 3 years max at Auburn before he gets a head coaching job. That would mean Dyer gets a new OC in his junior year. 

Seebs

Quote from: ListenHereMister on July 16, 2009, 09:48:50 am
Good point MCH, but I think Auburn is telling them that they will be like
Brown and Williams OR McFadden and Jones.

Perhaps the new Wingo and Davis!
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

DoubleJ

So Dyer is going on vacation with Mosley???

gohogsgo006

You would think Dyer's family would go  with him if he were going to commit...?
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Hogblog

Quote from: Oliverhogman on July 16, 2009, 04:12:52 pm
This is what I believe will happen.

Dakota will be a Tigger.........but Dyer will be a HOG!

Oliverhogman

Quote from: uptownhog on July 16, 2009, 04:15:54 pm
Has anyone mentioned this fact: If Dyer wants to go to Auburn because Malzahn and his offense, what are the odds that GM will be there through Dyer's career? I give Gus 3 years max at Auburn before he gets a head coaching job. That would mean Dyer gets a new OC in his junior year. 

Lets get this straight.  A lot of people are saying that Malzahn will not be able to handle the tough SEC.  Yet, you are saying in 3 years he will be a HC somewhere?  Will you GUARANTEE that Petrino will be here in 3 years?

Table Rocker

Oliver, will u guarantee me u are actually a hog fan?

The Boar War

Quote from: Oliverhogman on July 16, 2009, 05:00:20 pm
Lets get this straight.  A lot of people are saying that Malzahn will not be able to handle the tough SEC.  Yet, you are saying in 3 years he will be a HC somewhere?  Will you GUARANTEE that Petrino will be here in 3 years?

I believe that Gus will make the Auburn offense effective.  But unless he has the stable of talented / experienced backs he had at Arkansas, a better quarterback, and better recievers than they have at Auburn he will not be setting any records.  I won't guarantee that Petrino will be here in three years but I would say it's better odds than that of a coordinator.

Clint Alan

Quote from: Oliverhogman on July 16, 2009, 05:00:20 pm

I believe what is trying to be explained through your thick skull is that one of these two things are going to happen with Gus......

1. Things dont go well, offense doesnt catch on, AU faithful, trustees, everyone is mad. They have another mid season meltdown, and go on a firing spree(you have to believe the leash is short with Chizik and staff).

2. Gus impresses. Does well for 1-2 years, his name gets brought up in Head Coaching searches across the country, he leaves for greener pastures.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: rubmyHOG on July 16, 2009, 05:11:37 pm
I believe what is trying to be explained through your thick skull is that one of these two things are going to happen with Gus......

1. Things dont go well, offense doesnt catch on, AU faithful, trustees, everyone is mad. They have another mid season meltdown, and go on a firing spree(you have to believe the leash is short with Chizik and staff).

2. Gus impresses. Does well for 1-2 years, his name gets brought up in Head Coaching searches across the country, he leaves for greener pastures.

Bullseye.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

linze82

Quote from: rubmyHOG on July 16, 2009, 05:11:37 pm

this is exactly right. bad offensive coordinators get canned to bail out the hc and good oc's aren't oc's very long. why is this so hard for people to figure out. do ya'll think your boy gus plans on being an oc for very long?
smite me bishes

rzrbaks

Looks like they very well may be visiting Auburn this weekend...

razorback44

Quote from: rzrbaks on July 16, 2009, 05:23:07 pm
Looks like they very well may be visiting Auburn this weekend...

You have to be a member to view that link.

Table Rocker

Can't we all just wait until they are on the radio in an hour????

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

3kgthog

A recruiting "expert" that I won't mention on this board said on DTS that Dyer isn't going to be at AU this weekend. He'll be at the VYPE 7 on 7.

newera

I want him, if he doesn't come to the hill i'll be disappointed. End of story.
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

Clint Alan

GUYS, NO linking other recruiting boards on Hogville

TX HOG

Clint Alan

TX HOG

cmiller01

TX HOG

HgH

ive made many verbal commitments to women while i was hittin their grirlfriends on the side

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: 3kgthog on July 16, 2009, 05:42:23 pm
A recruiting "expert" that I won't mention on this board said on DTS that Dyer isn't going to be at AU this weekend. He'll be at the VYPE 7 on 7.

Auburn board saying the same thing...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*