Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dyer is making his 3rd unoffical trip to Auburn this weekend

Started by ListenHereMister, July 16, 2009, 08:57:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BBHog

Make no mistake about it, Dyer is the player that I want most this year.  But if we lose some games in the next four years, I can assure you that it won't be because of our RBs.  Getting Dyer would be a luxury.  The marginal benefit of Dyer over Wingo/Davis is much smaller than the marginal benefit of a stud Tackle over Ray Dominguez. 

Mark Lericos

Quote from: rubmyHOG on July 16, 2009, 05:11:37 pm
I believe what is trying to be explained through your thick skull is that one of these two things are going to happen with Gus......

1. Things dont go well, offense doesnt catch on, AU faithful, trustees, everyone is mad. They have another mid season meltdown, and go on a firing spree(you have to believe the leash is short with Chizik and staff).

2. Gus impresses. Does well for 1-2 years, his name gets brought up in Head Coaching searches across the country, he leaves for greener pastures.

I'd count on #2 from the sound of things. And their defense will be fine in about a year or two because of Chizik.

Auburn is a year behind Arkansas in rebuilding, most recruits will know that and not base it on one season.

I think the Tigers could be a factor in the SEC in 2 years. Very possible.

Oliverhogman

I hear that Chizik is going to concentrate on Defense and let Gus handle the offense.

With Tracy Rocker there to help, Chizik should do fine.

But on the other hand, we have Bobby Allen who trained under the "Masta".

So I guess we are pretty well even.