Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dyer is making his 3rd unoffical trip to Auburn this weekend

Started by ListenHereMister, July 16, 2009, 08:57:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ListenHereMister

Until Auburn's big recruiting weekend.  Here is a nice article on the anticipated weekend.  Also mentions Dyer.

http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2009/07/scarbinsky_isnt_it_about_time.html

The Hogfather

MountieDawg

I heard on Rivals Radio this morning that when the recuit is spending his money to make the visits usually the third time is a charm for the University...  Hopefully they are wrong!
SEC!

The Hogfather

Hope he doesn't do something he ends up regretting......

Hog Nutt

I thought he was playing in a 7 on 7 tournament this weekend in Fayetteville. Or did I make that up  ;D

Music City Hog

Quote from: ListenHereMister on July 16, 2009, 08:57:31 am
Until Auburn's big recruiting weekend.  Here is a nice article on the anticipated weekend.  Also mentions Dyer.

http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2009/07/scarbinsky_isnt_it_about_time.html

It is crystal clear from that article and even more so by the comments, that Auburn fans would MUCH rather have Seastrunk than Dyer.  Dyer is clearly a plan B for them in the event that they dont get seastrunk.  I hope Michael can see that for himself.

razorback44

This is supposed to be the big recruiting bonanza down at Aurburn this weekend.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

TX HOG

Quote from: razorback44 on July 16, 2009, 09:44:33 am
This is supposed to be the big recruiting bonanza down at Aurburn this weekend.

a bonanza, wow.  They going to turn into a mini Tennessee?  Gus going to run out w/o his shirt on?

ListenHereMister

Good point MCH, but I think Auburn is telling them that they will be like
Brown and Williams OR McFadden and Jones.

MountieDawg

According to the calendar at Little Rock Christian they have dont have a 7 on 7 this weekend....

http://www.littlerockchristian.com/athletics/football.aspx
SEC!

The Hogfather

Quote from: TX HOG on July 16, 2009, 09:46:26 am
a bonanza, wow.  They going to turn into a mini Tennessee?  Gus going to run out w/o his shirt on?

Nope.  He's going to pop out of the sunroof of a limo with Auburn magnets on the side.  They do it up right at Auburn!

TX HOG

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 16, 2009, 10:02:26 am
Nope.  He's going to pop out of the sunroof of a limo with Auburn magnets on the side.  They do it up right at Auburn!

they got some flags from wal-mart too, don't forget those beauties...

The Hogfather

Quote from: TX HOG on July 16, 2009, 10:03:23 am
they got some flags from wal-mart too, don't forget those beauties...

Yeah, forgot about those.  Here's a link:

http://www.gump4heisman.com/my_weblog/

Table Rocker

I hope Dyer is in Fayetteville when we play Auburn, he'll get a first hand look at the different directions these programs are headed. We beat them by two TD's I predict.

pigs rule

Where did you see that he was going down there?
Seems kinda funny that he would be paying his own way to this 'big deal' if he intended to make that his big splash and commit.
IDK, maybe he is. I really hope not. He is the kind of Arkansas kid we need to keep in state. Losing highly rated players from your own state doesn't look good.
I suppose we'll see pretty soon...

WilsonHog

Kids pick their college of choice for all sorts of reasons. If Auburn is where Dyer is more comfortable, where he thinks he wants to spend the next four years of his life, who am I to question? 

razorback44

Quote from: pigs rule on July 16, 2009, 10:18:03 am
Seems kinda funny that he would be paying his own way to this 'big deal' if he intended to make that his big splash and commit.
IDK, maybe he is. I really hope not. He is the kind of Arkansas kid we need to keep in state. Losing highly rated players from your own state doesn't look good.

Auburn's Rivals guys are reporting that Dyer and Dakota Moseley will be down there this weekend.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Bryan (CHF)

I believe he has taken 5 or 6 unofficial visits to Fayetteville. So until he signs a LOI in Feb 2010, all of the worrying is really for not. Dyer seems to be a really smart kid and I find it hard to believe if Arkansas has a dynamite year and Auburn has a mediocre year, why he wouldn't see the difference in where the programs are at. Sadly, verbal commits don't mean as much anymore considering they change all the time.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

DoubleJ

The Hogfather

Quote from: cointoss on July 16, 2009, 10:28:35 am
It sounds like the "package deal" is about to commit this weekend.

Commit to Auburn this weekend to make it a BIG DEAL when Dyer signs with Arkansas in February?

Sounds about right to me.

Clint Alan

If you guys look back, to a couple days ago.....its been hinted at by us......

Yes, Dyer will be at Auburn this weekend for Stars & Stripes
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

DeuceHawg

Oh well.  Unlike the old days of having recruits taken from us, we are taking them from other schools.  We took Turrell williams from Ole Miss, DD jones from michigan, robert thomas from kansas state, joe adams from usc, neal barlow from kansas, and I'm sure there are others.  A commitment this early means nothing.  Obvioulsy it would be nice to have him in the fold as ealry as possible, but we still have plenty of time and a whole season to play. 

Unlike in the old days, one recruit does not a season make or break.

gohogsgo006

Maybe he is just committing to Auburn now, then will change to us on NSD (in secret) to get Mosely in the SEC
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

razorbackmkh

"Some big names are supposed to be there, and one of those big men on campus may be running back Lache Seastrunk, who just happens to be the biggest cat on Auburn's board."

But hey, second fiddle ain't so bad, right? I'm sure since the AU assistants are just so by golly honest and straight forward they're telling Dyer just that. I mean Gus would NEVER mislead a recruit right? That kind of stuff can only happen with those mean ol' Petrino guys. This situation has me shaking my head.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

The Hogfather

Quote from: razorbackmkh on July 16, 2009, 11:00:38 am
"Some big names are supposed to be there, and one of those big men on campus may be running back Lache Seastrunk, who just happens to be the biggest cat on Auburn's board."

But hey, second fiddle ain't so bad, right? I'm sure since the AU assistance are just so by golly honest and straight forward they're telling Dyer just that. I mean Gus would NEVER mislead a recruit right? That kind of stuff can only happen with those mean ol' Petrino guys. This situation has me shaking my head.

I don't think they end up with either one.  But, that's just my opinion.

razorbackmkh

I don't think they get both. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them get one of the 2 prior to the season. After the season, you may be right. This situation has me disliking Auburn. Sour grapes? If you want to call it that. I'm just not a big fan of some of the recruiting tactics.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

farmhawg

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on July 16, 2009, 10:41:10 am
Maybe he is just committing to Auburn now, then will change to us on NSD (in secret) to get Mosely in the SEC
[/quot
Quote from: pigs rule on July 16, 2009, 10:18:03 am
Are you one of the ones that is working against the hogs? Gloom and doom to get the kids looking elsewhere? We will be great if he comes here or goes somewhere else.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

3kgthog

gohogsgo006

Quote from: 3kgthog on July 16, 2009, 11:27:55 am
Look at our backfield. I'm not worried.

yeah, but add MD to our backfield and we get that much better, just saying
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Speedracer

Joe Adams, Damian Williams, Mitch Mustain were all thought to be going to other schools and were verbals.  DD Jones was even out of nowhere last year.  If he commits, which I think he does, don't count him out until the LOI goes in.  He wants this to be a "big deal". What would be bigger than the top player in the state and one of the top in the country flipping to arkansas right before NSD?
Like smites bother me.

HamShank

I would be stunned if they're not both Auburn commits after this weekend.  If so, it's a shame, and a bigger shame what MD will miss on the Hill over the next few years. 

Clint Alan

Quote from: HamShank on July 16, 2009, 11:41:03 am
I would be stunned if they're not both Auburn commits after this weekend.  If so, it's a shame, and a bigger shame what MD will miss on the Hill over the next few years. 

The bigger shame is what they are going for.....What they are going for, if there is a bad season this year, could be fired before the end of the season....if he has a good season or two, will be gone anyway to greener pastures.......

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

The Hogfather

Quote from: rubmyHOG on July 16, 2009, 11:49:51 am
The bigger shame is what they are going for.....What they are going for, if there is a bad season this year, could be fired before the end of the season....if he has a good season or two, will be gone anyway to greener pastures.......

Exactly.  I will move on and continue to cheer for the Razorbacks as we move on up.  He would be stuck with a 5-19 coach in Auburn, Alabama, while just being another face in the crowd.

His choice, not mine.  However, I think he would be wise to look other places than Auburn.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: 3kgthog on July 16, 2009, 11:27:55 am
Look at our backfield. I'm not worried.
we have a bingo...if the guy wants to play for the Cow College, wish him all the best  and may he do as well as Kodi Burns....I don't see him cracking the lineup at ARK until he is a senior anyway, the only thing it hurts is depth for the future
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Matt Burks

Makes you wonder why a 5-19 coach who has yet to head coach in the SEC, with an offensive coordinator that likely will be gone somewhere else if successful in the NEAR future to become a HEAD coach and fighting an tremendous uphill battle with mainly Alabama, Florida and even Tennessee for that matter - makes you wonder if some shady (under-the-table) deals are being reached to get this top recruits. I am not saying that is happening, but it sure has all the makings of cheating.

I mean really, what is the draw to a team that has so many unanswered things. Nobody has any idea what Auburn will be like - not a sole. I like Gus, but people need to wake up and realize that the C-USA league is like Pee-wee football to the SEC, which would be like the NFL in comparison.

311Hog

Erockster20

If Dyer committs to Auburn this weekend, can we all just forget about him?  Lets focus our energy on other kids. Maybe he needs to realize when you spurn the homestate for an offensive coord that probably won't be there for the duration of your career, you are not the beloved player you were the day before.  You are now the enemy.

Erockster20

Quote from: 311Hog on July 16, 2009, 12:05:46 pm
verbal commitments mean nothing.

They mean something to me when they are to a rival over the homestate.  Slap in the face.

TX HOG

Quote from: 311Hog on July 16, 2009, 12:05:46 pm
verbal commitments mean nothing.

someone stated a few months ago that a very high % of verbals stay committed to that school.  It does seem that many switch commitments as well... ???

pitbull1

Things are not sometimes what they appear.  It's a long time till NSD.  And if he does I'm sure there's a back plan.

HamHands

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 16, 2009, 09:44:12 am

It is crystal clear from that article and even more so by the comments, that Auburn fans would MUCH rather have Seastrunk than Dyer.  Dyer is clearly a plan B for them in the event that they dont get seastrunk.  I hope Michael can see that for himself.

Seastrunk looks like a better runner when I looked at the youtube video. Just saying.
One day at a time.

Porkette

There have been an awful lot of murmurings/hints from different people who appear to be in the know that Dyer will draw out and have fun with his recruitment, and may even commit to a different school first, but will be a Razorback in the end. I don't know if all that's accurate, but where there's that much smoke, there's usually fire.

At any rate, after Mitch Mustain, Damian Williams, Darius Winston, and so many others, people should have learned by now not to get emotionally invested in the daily ups and downs of year-round "recruiting drama." I guess they just can't help themselves.  :)
GO HOGS GO!

The Boar War

Sounds like an Auburn commitment.  Hopefully we're still pursuing Dontae Williams.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=69843&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d69843

cbjagman

It's become obvious that no matter where he ends up Dyer will certainly have scouted out AUburn much more closely than just about anyone else. Personally I think he's probably heading to the Plains to play.

The Boar War

Quote from: HoginHeat on July 16, 2009, 12:53:45 pm
Seastrunk looks like a better runner when I looked at the youtube video. Just saying.

Seastrunk is extremely explosive but will not be a high carry back.  I think Auburn coaches are wanting Dyer to carry the rock when Seastrunk gets tired. 

I hope he sees that going in.

improv

He has to give a verbal somewhere so he can make it a bigger deal when he switches to Ark on NSD.
The more you speak, the less people will listen.

IronHog

How big a priority is Dyer for this Razorback staff?

Not to point out the obvious but given the current Razorback offense and RB depth there may be better a better "fit" for this young man's considerable talent elsewhere.

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Clint Alan

Quote from: IronHog on July 16, 2009, 01:18:43 pm
How big a priority is Dyer for this Razorback staff?

Not to point out the obvious but given the current Razorback offense and RB depth there may be better a better "fit" for this young man's considerable talent elsewhere.

He is a very high priority for this staff

looking_forward

Alright guys so before any further calamity goes down on all of this I just want to make mention that some out there are jumping to conclusions that are way out in left field, and the ONLY reason I say that is because I actually know a number of the parties involved personally.

Like Richard posted in his blog (http://recruiting.arkansasonline.com/index.php/2009/07/16/tonight-on-shawn-and-wally-2/ ) both Mike and Dakota will be on air tonight and you can hear straight from the horse's mouth what they have to say instead of all this hearsay posted around by people who are not even in the state of AR.  Just keep in mind that just because someone posts something on the internet does not therefore automatically make it an honest truth.  Consistently reliable sources are few and far from in between for the simple fact that everybody is out to cut down the guy in front of them so they can be first.  Richard is without question one of those few. 

:razorback:
"No amount of ability is of the slightest avail without honor."-Andrew Carnegie

"Let us resolve to be masters, not the victims, of our history, controlling our own destiny without giving way to blind suspicions and emotions."-John Fitzgerald Kennedy

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/we_r_razrbcks/arkansas1.jpg