Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sports Illustrated SEC Preview Cover anyone? Warning...

Started by SRFL, July 15, 2009, 01:45:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tulsadst

Seeing that pic makes me ever more appreciative that the Hogs now have a REAL FOOTBALL COACH.

Those expectations they are heaping on Nutt are gonna be fun to watch come unraveled this season...

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 15, 2009, 05:27:56 am
As much as he loves being the media darling, I'll bet he is so tense about all these expectations that you couldn't drive a straight pin up his arse right about now.

That sums it up. +1

SRFL

Quote from: NolanForAD on July 15, 2009, 03:46:44 pm
What are they previewing?  Gay life in Mississippi?

Well is does say Ole Miss is on the March...

Gus Of The Ozarks

What a freakin homo! He should seek a modeling career! That has to be one of the lamest poses I've ever seen!

mellonhead

peek a boo i see you. I hope all ole missy fans are really embarrased. WE TOLD YOU SO.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

The Boar War

When it comes to pictures Houston is kind of like Hillary Clinton.  I've never seen a picture of either one of them where they didn't look like crazy. 

98hogs

MacHog19

Professor, you stole my thunder.  Does anyone else see the great potential irony of S.I. putting Hootie in the "Risky Business" pose?

gtaylor

Where are all the championship rings?  Oh yeah he's wearing what he won...  I can't wait for football season.  Let's just stay under the radar for a bit longer...it's gonna be a GREAT year!!!

booogaga

what has he done. i do not understand. why does the national media love him so much. what has he accomplished.
GO HOGS!

HawgBallLvr

2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

javajockey

As much as he loves being the media darling, I'll bet he is so tense about all these expectations that you couldn't drive a straight pin up his arse right about now.

Hey Musk!

I'm not sure he realizes what he is setting himself up for.  He is so enamored with all of the attention he thinks he is on top of the world!  If this plays out like I hope and expect it will, it will be a very entertaining season.   

ehogfan08

Quote from: SRFL on July 15, 2009, 01:45:48 am
Swagga alert...

SWAGGA ON A HUNDRED THOUSAND TRILLION!

Man... If Soulja Boy was a college football coach, he'd be Houston Nutt. A lot of hype for a whole lot of nothing. And loving it.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

AlphaBoar

He looks like Meatloaf.  But instead of the new A1 commercial...
ESPN2 makes Nuttloaf say I called that play brotha.

Big Daddy

With a 16 lb. sledge hammer.

MuskogeeHogFan

July 15, 2009, 06:16:00 pm #67 Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 07:59:04 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: PearlHarbor on July 15, 2009, 06:40:35 am
He's already itching to take the reins from austin.

I can hear it all now.

"Well, you see, I had a particularly good view from the sideline that Kent didn't see in the box and well, yeah, I just had to change that play...if only we had blocked down like we were supposed to, our RB would still be runnin, but we fumbled and you know, we just have to learn how to overcome some of these ob-stacles(Mississippi speak) and get it done when it counts...but we're still fightin in there and we just have to get better".

Translation: I couldn't stand not calling the plays and it isn't my fault that these doggone kids can't do what they are supposed to do.
Go Hogs Go!

dhornjr1

kimjongsqUeAl

Wow, that's horrible.  All of HDN's former recruits and players are all laughing right now knowing that this is BS. 
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

dhornjr1

Quote from: SRFL on July 15, 2009, 01:45:48 am
Swagga alert...

You want the solution to inflation? Hi, friends. Marshall Lucky here for New Deal Used Cars, where we're lowering inflation not only by fighting high prices, not only by murdering high prices, but by bringin' that wood to high prices. Yessir. Here's an example. It's a 1972 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, for sixty-two ninety-nine. That price is too high.

(Hits car repeatedly with 2x4)

Yessir. Here's another one. It's a Lincoln Continental, Mark IV, 1973. It's loaded. It's got air conditioning. It's got a stereo. It's got white-wall radial tires. It's got power steering, power brakes, power seats, power windows. And a price that is just too high.

Yessir, that's New Deal Used Cars... Now wait just a danged minute. What the hell is this? Is this a 1974 Mercedes 450SL for twenty-four thousand dollars? That's too darned high.

Yessir. We beat the darn out of that over-priced son-of-a-gun just the way we beat the darn out of all high prices, down here at New Deal Used Cars. So y'all come on down. Did you hear what I said? New Deal Used Cars. So y'all come on down.

cypert2

Swinging on the two and the four.

twistitup

July 15, 2009, 07:10:36 pm #72 Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 07:26:28 am by twistitup
Ole' Miss fan support:

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hogsrg8

Well Im glad, because you all know about the SI Cover jinx havent you? Brings bad luck to who ever makes the cover.
Salisbury is a Perv!

hogball33

Looks like he's trying to be terminator there or a nascar driver. Either way we take these clowns down
this year in Oxford.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: AlphaBoar on July 15, 2009, 06:00:56 pm
He looks like Meatloaf.  But instead of the new A1 commercial...
ESPN2 makes Nuttloaf say I called that play brotha.

Nuttloaf!!  +1!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hogsrg8 on July 15, 2009, 09:14:07 pm
Well Im glad, because you all know about the SI Cover jinx havent you? Brings bad luck to who ever makes the cover.

Is your handle "Hogs are gate?"  Or, should it be "Hogsrgr8?"  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

razorhog29

I made a ton of money off the that ole miss vanday game. I told everyone to bet on vanday for the sole reason that bobby johnson is just smarter than nutt. Less talent but gets the job done.

Flatfoot

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

ballhog™

Quote from: cypert2 on July 15, 2009, 07:06:26 pm
Straight pimpin

Like that red sports car in Fayetteville used to say "pimpin ain't easy".
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Justifiable Hogicide

Great photo SI.
You captured the essence of that imbecile.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

thought it was jim mcmahon at first lol.  Nuttloaf is good too lol.. 

Hank351

I hope that he gives Danny credit for the Wild Cat one more time in that magazine. 

unkosher

I saw this today and just lost it.  Everyone in the office was laughing their arses off.  If the Ole Miss folks aren't totally embarrassed, then they are more retarded than I already think they are. 

hogchic2001

Quote from: unkosher on July 15, 2009, 11:56:04 pm
I saw this today and just lost it.  Everyone in the office was laughing their arses off.  If the Ole Miss folks aren't totally embarrassed, then they are more retarded than I already think they are. 
They aren't embarassed at all.  They probably have sold out of these in Mississippi.  Their fans are delusional.  I got into a debate with several on Saturday..they think he's the Messiah.  I just laugh at them.  I am surprised that Sports Illustrated would put a picture like that on their cover.  IMO it's disgusting.  Thank God for Mississippi.
Go HOGS Go!

Sivad

What a pic!
The goober quotient surrounding this jackass continues to entertain.
I doubt he even realizes that everybody is laughing at him.

LeArrEssSea

Quote from: Porkette on July 15, 2009, 11:02:33 am
So much for football being all about the players, I guess. Having even one of the young guys on the cover with him would take space away from his glamour shot.

You're being dumb.  First of all, this is a regional cover.  There are also going to be covers similar to this one with Saban, Meyer, and Kiffin.  So if you're gonna fuss about Nutt not having players in the photo (as if that were his idea in the first darned place; as if Sports Illustrated has nothing to do with the cover design of their own freakin' magazine) you might as well fuss at those three.

And if we're jinxed, then so is Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee, right?  Looks like we'll be seeing LSU vs. Georgia for the SEC Title this year, folks!

You Hogs are all just jealous that your boy Bobby isn't on a cover.  Just admit it.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: LeArrEssSea on July 18, 2009, 02:27:45 pm
You're being dumb.  First of all, this is a regional cover.  There are also going to be covers similar to this one with Saban, Meyer, and Kiffin.  So if you're gonna fuss about Nutt not having players in the photo (as if that were his idea in the first darned place; as if Sports Illustrated has nothing to do with the cover design of their own freakin' magazine) you might as well fuss at those three.

And if we're jinxed, then so is Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee, right?  Looks like we'll be seeing LSU vs. Georgia for the SEC Title this year, folks!

You Hogs are all just jealous that your boy Bobby isn't on a cover.  Just admit it.

I'm not jealous. Again, we had our share of the dork posing for magazine covers over the years when he could have been working.

Bobby's probably too busy doing what he's being paid to do to pose for magazines. Then again, that's to be expected. Enjoy Nuttless for one more year before waking up and realizing that we've been right all along.

Jabroni

Quote from: LeArrEssSea on July 18, 2009, 02:27:45 pm

Please read that again. Are you comparing at team like Ol' Miss-take headed up by the biggest goon in college football to these 3 traditional powerhouse teams?  Yes Ole Miss is in the same conference as them, but that's about it.

We really don't want the hype, the best element of attack is surprise. We've been down this road of upcoming disappointment before. See the 2006 and 2007 razorback football seasons.

ChicoHog

Quote from: SRFL on July 15, 2009, 11:55:58 am

Will you raise me up, will you help me down?
Will you get me right out of this godforsaken town?
Will you make it all a little less cold?

I can do that.
Oh oh now I can do that!

Will you make me some magic with your own two hands?
Can you build an emerald city with these grains of sand?
Can you give me something I can take home?

I can do that.
Oh oh now I can do that!

I know the territory, I've been around,
It'll all turn to dust and will all fall down,
Sooner or later, you'll be screwing around.

Well, yeah, I will prolly do that.  Oh Yeah! 
I will prolly do that!
Nomintion for Post of the Year.  I am a big Meat Loaf fan.  Nice job!

Hogustus Caesar

Quote from: Root66 on July 15, 2009, 10:00:43 am
And the dreaded Sports Illustrated cover jinx craps all over Ole Miss and their dumbass coach.
The jinx is the first thing that I thought of when I saw the pic!
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

combsj

If you could get a lump of coal in there, by the time the season started you would have diamond.

LeArrEssSea

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on July 18, 2009, 02:59:59 pm
I'm not jealous. Again, we had our share of the dork posing for magazine covers over the years when he could have been working.

Bobby's probably too busy doing what he's being paid to do to pose for magazines. Then again, that's to be expected. Enjoy Nuttless for one more year before waking up and realizing that we've been right all along.

Are you suggesting that, if Sports Illustrated called Bobby Petrino today and asked to photograph him for a cover, he'd turn it down because he's "too busy doing what he's being paid to do?"  Give me a break.

LeArrEssSea

Quote from: HawgWildFan on July 18, 2009, 03:06:54 pm
Please read that again. Are you comparing at team like Ol' Miss-take headed up by the biggest goon in college football to these 3 traditional powerhouse teams?  Yes Ole Miss is in the same conference as them, but that's about it.

We really don't want the hype, the best element of attack is surprise. We've been down this road of upcoming disappointment before. See the 2006 and 2007 razorback football seasons.

How about YOU read that again.  I was pointing out the F A C T that Saban, Kiffin, and Meyer are also going to be on these SI covers.  Check the links:

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2009/7/15/950237/apparently-saban-and-the-tide-are

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1247904916110970.xml&coll=2

So, in that respect, yes I was comparing Ole Miss to the aforementioned schools because, guess what, it applies in this situation.  If there is a "jinx" then it should apply to all four, should it not?

You completely missed the point on that one.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: LeArrEssSea on July 18, 2009, 06:52:13 pm
How about YOU read that again.  I was pointing out the F A C T that Saban, Kiffin, and Meyer are also going to be on these SI covers.

Unline the Dork, I bet they're not striking a pose that makes them look like a complete goober.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: LeArrEssSea on July 18, 2009, 06:45:02 pm
Are you suggesting that, if Sports Illustrated called Bobby Petrino today and asked to photograph him for a cover, he'd turn it down because he's "too busy doing what he's being paid to do?"  Give me a break.

I don't know. I know the only magazine he posed for was Athlon at this time last year. Bobby doesn't seem the type to want all the credit and all the media recognition. He strikes me as the kind of man that likes to make football calls. Nutt is the kind of man that likes to take credit for football calls

LeArrEssSea

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 18, 2009, 07:38:41 pm
Unline the Dork, I bet they're not striking a pose that makes them look like a complete goober.

I'm pretty sure Nutt was born looking like a goober.  He's always looked like that.

LeArrEssSea

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on July 18, 2009, 07:54:52 pm
I don't know. I know the only magazine he posed for was Athlon at this time last year. Bobby doesn't seem the type to want all the credit and all the media recognition. He strikes me as the kind of man that likes to make football calls. Nutt is the kind of man that likes to take credit for football calls

I do know.  No coach turns that down.  It's great exposure for the program.

farmhawg

And I know NOTHING spells loser like trolling another team's board at 945 on a Saturday night, Loser.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

56Hog

Surprises abound in Nutt Wars II, Attack of the Clown:

"Look into my eyes Tusk.  You know it is the truth...I AM YOUR FATHER!"

"You have become powerful as Emperor Slive has forseen.  Join me, transfer to Ole Miss and together we can restore unrestricted recruiting and rule the SEC as father and son, Boar and Boor!"
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill