Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aubrey Phillips leaving FSU due to homesickness

Started by The Realist, July 14, 2009, 11:02:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Realist

"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

The Hogfather

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

razorback44

This probably means that he ends up at Ole Miss or Miss St which is not so funny. 

That would be just great if Ole Miss has another stud fall in to their laps like the one's they got last year after the fallout at Auburn, Miss St, and Tennessee.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

GuvHog

Quote from: The Realist on July 14, 2009, 11:02:59 am
can't help but find that funny

I wouldn't be surprized if he asked for his release from his LOI to FSU and enrolled
at the University of Memphis.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jrw11475

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 14, 2009, 11:07:15 am
Who is Aubrey Phillips?

He was one of our recruits that chose between us and Florida State on signing day.  He picked Florida State.

razorback44

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 14, 2009, 11:07:15 am
Who is Aubrey Phillips?

A huge, top rated OL from Olive Branch, MS that choose between us and FSU last year.  He obviously choose FSU but is now leaving.

SRFL

GL Aubrey.  Hope you land on your feet (but not in Oxford)

razorback44

HogFansReunited

Hope he comes to Arkansas but that is unlikely if he was "homesick" at FSU.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

The Realist

He showed up to FSU out of shape and lazy....He wouldn't have made it at AR or TN either.
He played 3 teams during recruiting, TN, AR, and FSU...committing at least 2 or 3 times.

"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

pitbull1

A lot closer to to us than FSU.  If he sits out this yearhe has a chance to get in shape.

ncnd

Any chance both Derrick Johnson and Aubrey Philips come both come to Arkansas and have to sit out 0 years.

farmhawg

About the same chance as you going back to your ole piss board.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ListenHereMister

No, they both would have to redshirt this season.

GuvHog

Quote from: ListenHereMister on July 14, 2009, 02:27:33 pm
No, they both would have to redshirt this season.

Not true. Since neither has started the fall semester yet nor played a game, If their schools
release them from their LOI's they would be immediately eligible at Arkansas.

SRFL

BEvERage

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 14, 2009, 02:33:12 pm
Not true. Since neither has started the fall semester yet nor played a game, If their schools
who would we then take a scholarship away from? dont see it happening.

GuvHog

Quote from: BEvERage on July 14, 2009, 02:42:40 pm
who would we then take a scholarship away from? dont see it happening.

Agreed. There are no scholarships left.

rebelbruiser

From what I heard, Phillips was and still is a project.  He was highly rated for some reason, but he had a long way to go before he could be considered D-1 ready.

As to where he lands, Memphis would be a good bet.  Memphis seems to be the stopping place for most area players who can't cut it at the big schools.  He's from Olive Branch.  If his high school coach still has any pull, it won't be MSU or Ole Miss.  That coach has been steering players out of state for years now.  I don't see how no one has run the coach out of the state.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: rebelbruiser on July 14, 2009, 02:59:54 pm
He was highly rated for some reason, but he had a long way to go before he could be considered D-1 ready.

Hold on here just a minute!  You mean the recruiting services were wrong on this kid??  How can that possibly be?? 
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 14, 2009, 02:33:12 pm

You sure on that?

I thought once classes started (second summer session) their scholarships were active.

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

rebelbruiser

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 14, 2009, 03:42:46 pm
Hold on here just a minute!  You mean the recruiting services were wrong on this kid??  How can that possibly be??

Yea, imagine that.

KAHog

Anyone notice that they said it wasn't a "Rick Trickett casualty"?  I believe he is the father of our QB prospect for next year.  Sounds like his dad is a hard8ss.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on July 14, 2009, 03:42:53 pm
You sure on that?

I thought once classes started (second summer session) their scholarships were active.

Someone clear this up please...If a player reports and attends Summer sessions on scholarship as a freshman, would they be considered a transfer if they left before the fall semester?
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

kingofdequeen

so DJohnson and Aubrey Phillips are leaving school?

are any schollies left?  Khiry's is free, obviously.

i bet we could find another one.

The Realist

If he is homesick and can't cut it in Tallahassee there is no way he will ever make it in Fayetteville.  Ole Miss is the only place other than Memphis
Childs, Gregory.

chiefsfan

Quote from: KAHog on July 15, 2009, 08:34:36 am
Anyone notice that they said it wasn't a "Rick Trickett casualty"?  I believe he is the father of our QB prospect for next year.  Sounds like his dad is a hard8ss.

When the kid decided he didnt want to play for his own Father, that should have told you something right away there
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: chiefsfan on July 15, 2009, 01:27:46 pm
When the kid decided he didnt want to play for his own Father, that should have told you something right away there

There are some other factors re: the son playing for the father.  You could do a search for clint trickett and get up to speed with the facts here.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

GuvHog

July 15, 2009, 06:12:12 pm #31 Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:14:23 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: Michael Porkleone on July 15, 2009, 08:57:46 am
Someone clear this up please...If a player reports and attends Summer sessions on scholarship as a freshman, would they be considered a transfer if they left before the fall semester?

Hunter Miller signed a LOI with Ole Miss last year, was released in August and enrolled
at Arkansas where he was immediately eligible. Does that answer your question?

GuvHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on July 15, 2009, 01:27:46 pm

Wrong, According to reports it was a mutual decision reached by both father and son.

3BoarsDown

Jelani Smth's schollie is open now too.

Phillips is definitely leaving FSU, he came in overweight and hasn't been attending workouts with their strength and conditioning coach. I wouldn't be suprised if he ends up at Memphis but he is interested in Ole Miss.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 15, 2009, 06:12:12 pm
Hunter Miller signed a LOI with Ole Miss last year, was released in August and enrolled
at Arkansas where he was immediately eligible. Does that answer your question?

Absolutely huge differences in the situation.

Did Hunter Miller enroll at Ole Miss?  No, he had his scholarship yanked.

SquidBilly

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on July 15, 2009, 06:18:53 pm
Jelani Smth's schollie is open now too.

Since when?  This is the first I've heard of this.

codeHog

Hoggish1

Quote from: jrw11475 on July 14, 2009, 11:15:19 am
He was one of our recruits that chose between us and Florida State on signing day.  He picked Florida State.

So, does that mean he is homesick for Arkansas?

codeHog

he is really a Memphis kid.......he will end up a Tiggger

ListenHereMister

What's up with Jelani Smith??
I thought he was #2 on the Depth Chart??

codeHog

rebelbruiser

Quote from: NolanForAD on July 16, 2009, 02:55:07 am
'Homesick' = Couldn't cut it.   When D.D. singed with us, Phillips "chose" Florida State.    I hope he does go to Ole Miss.  Good luck.   Lol.

Based on what I've heard about Phillips, that's probably true.  4 stars and all, he's just not that good, and he probably figured that out once he got to FSU.  He needs to go to Memphis, and he may have a shot to play down the line at Memphis.  I don't think he'll be more than a reserve for most SEC teams.