Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU Jersey change

Started by Michael Porkleone, July 08, 2009, 06:23:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

rogersvillemohog

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Tejano Jawg

That IS big news...LSU has added a logotype to their jerseys that measures roughly one inch by one-half inch. Woooopeeee there Tigers!   :)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Mo_Better_Hogs

athunt

Maybe Im a little behind but when did they swith to Nike? I thought they were with Russell. Then again, I could just be making that up.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

PaleHorse

I think it looks nice.  Anything more it overkill... like what we have for example.
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

Wild Bill Hog

Don't they know they can't recruit high profile recruits unless they wear black jersies?    ::)

elksnort

It looks good. Small is the new large.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: elksnort on July 08, 2009, 09:44:28 pm
It looks good. Small is the new large.

I've been waiting for that my whole life

athunt

"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Jborohog09

Quote from: athunt on July 08, 2009, 07:56:33 pm
Maybe Im a little behind but when did they swith to Nike? I thought they were with Russell. Then again, I could just be making that up.

they've been Nike for a while.

Jdub

Wow, you need a magnifying glass to see that.  But then again, that's what she said.

Fisticuffs

Zen_Hog

Big Papa Satan

Quote"Nothing else changes about the jersey. We make subtle changes from time to time but we are very aware of our history and the tradition with our uniforms and we won't do anything to take away from that."

God forbid our program develops that attitude.

Ray Zor

I really believe most people would have never noticed the difference if they had not announced it. 
GO HOGS

markmchog

Ugh, I feel like I need a shower after visiting their site.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. - Thomas Paine, 1776

pitbull1

Had they not mentioned it in the thread, I might have missed it.

Pigsknuckles

I knew it! They are aliens.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

baitshop

Ooooooooh!!......that ought to add 3 or 4 more 5* players to their recruiting class!!!.... ::) ::) ::)
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

cbjagman

And here I was thinking that there would be a MAJOR change. Something like colors being changed to pink and white or something of that nature. Perhaps even "Coon Ass" to the front of the jersey in place of "LSU".

itsonlyagame

hmrhog

make them wear the purple when we play them in their place this year. 

ADAM_713

I thought maybe they added a corndog logo when I opened this thread.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

Chris Ryan

Seems kinda pointless, LSU is on the helmet...

Tammany Tom

Quote from: hmrhog on July 09, 2009, 09:17:32 pm
make them wear the purple when we play them in their place this year. 

SEC rules dictate that the home team will be allowed its choice of jersey color in conference games without prior approval of the visiting team.

LSU is the only college football teams that wears white jerseys for home games. The tradition started in 1958, when Coach Paul Dietzel decided that LSU would wear white jerseys for the home games. LSU went on to win the national championship that year.

In 1982, new NCAA rules prohibited teams from wearing white jerseys at home. Because of this, LSU wore purple jerseys during home games from 1983 to 1994. In 1995, Gerry DiNardo, was determined to restore LSU's tradition of white home jerseys. DiNardo personally met with each member of the NCAA Football Rules Committee, lobbying LSU's case. DiNardo was successful, and LSU again began wearing white jerseys at home when the 1995 season began.

Hoggish1

The three letters are not small enough.

Razor6

I'd take it down to 13.5 font from 14.

Maybe Italics too?

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Hog-O-Licious

i must have missed the memo. 

is there some reason we are not piling on the poster of this ridiculous and spurious post?  is he related to someone who is important, or pretends to be important?

doesn't this firmly belong under the category of "who frickin cares"???????

be sure and post on another team when they change the color of their socks.

we will all be anxiously waiting.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." --Joe Theismann

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Hog-O-Licious on July 10, 2009, 02:28:36 am

is there some reason we are not piling on the poster of this ridiculous and spurious post?  is he related to someone who is important, or pretends to be important?

Hey D-Bag - it's summer...any football news is football news. 
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

HawgBallLvr

Although I hate LSBLEW, I like the change.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: Hog-O-Licious on July 10, 2009, 02:28:36 am

What the frick is your problem?  ???
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: Hawg2011 on July 10, 2009, 10:57:42 pm
YOU belong in the category of "People I hope never post again".

What a d-bag.

I bet you'd like someone to pile on you though huh?

Smited, and I usually don't smite people.
So, who is on this, "List"?

Fisticuffs

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on July 10, 2009, 11:17:10 pm
So, who is on this, "List"?
I certainly hope not me! I have yet to reach 1000 posts!