Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moseley and Dyer

Started by The Hog, July 03, 2009, 10:20:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hog

Will Orgeron be a factor for Dyer and Moseley?  Both were with O yesterday in Knoxville.
Automatic RUN!

3kgthog

I'd say the $$$$$ floating around Knoxville will be more of a factor than Coach Caveman.

The Hog

Quote from: 3kgthog on July 03, 2009, 10:40:32 pm
I'd say the $$$$$ floating around Knoxville will be more of a factor than Coach Caveman.
Michael will not be swayed by money.  He is above that.  Floating around Knoxville in what way?   That happens in Memphis and Tuscaloosa.
Automatic RUN!

NWAREDBUG

Both had a good visit and there should be some news to come about the visit soon.

Country Stylz

I suppose Tennessee will be the new no.1 on the list and the board will be flooded  with VOL trolls for a week?

Fisticuffs

We need Dyer to stay home.

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Blinkhog

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The Hog on July 03, 2009, 11:21:34 pm
Michael will not be swayed by money.  He is above that.  Floating around Knoxville in what way?   That happens in Memphis and Tuscaloosa.

This comment indicates you know him very well, even personally, and over some period of time.  I've found it very difficult to look at a person from a distance and know what is in that person's heart.

Additionally, do you really think there's anything that goes on at Bama that doesn't also take place at UT?  Or OU or USC or the U or wherever?  The world of major college football is not a culture filled with nuns and school marms.  It is filled with powerful men who are greedy and will do whatever they have to to get what they want.

Certain places may be worse, but there are no programs without fault at the top levels of this game.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HamShank

At least it's not going to be a roller coaster.

The Hog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 04, 2009, 06:52:00 am
This comment indicates you know him very well, even personally, and over some period of time.  I've found it very difficult to look at a person from a distance and know what is in that person's heart.

Additionally, do you really think there's anything that goes on at Bama that doesn't also take place at UT?  Or OU or USC or the U or wherever?  The world of major college football is not a culture filled with nuns and school marms.  It is filled with powerful men who are greedy and will do whatever they have to to get what they want.

Certain places may be worse, but there are no programs without fault at the top levels of this game.
I knew a person that was close to Michael.  Any info I have will be from a distance now.  My friend moved out of state.  Oh well I guess that is the way it goes.  NWAREDBUG is a good source for Dyer info.

Yes to some degree.  Some small perks but some dollars or expensive items at other colleges.  Text books at Bama.  Anybody that does not think college sports is BIG business is not in the real world.  Arkansas included.   Where there is money there is always the possibility of illegal actions by some.  It only takes one individual to slang the entire program.  Money drives the sport.  When something goes wrong, "follow the money". 

Why is Bama expanding their stadium?  More money.  Nick was an expensive hire.
Automatic RUN!

jackflash

Would like to see Dyer a Razorback. But if doesn't happen BP will get a great back somewhere else.

athunt

Quote from: jackflash on July 04, 2009, 08:53:15 am
Would like to see Dyer a Razorback. But if doesn't happen BP will get a great back somewhere else.

We have 2 more than capable backs on campus in Green and Wingo that fit the system and Petrino's preference.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Fisticuffs

I guess they could be cool to have

cmiller01

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Tomhog™ on July 04, 2009, 02:27:22 pm
The weekly Dyer and Mosley thread. I predict about 28 more of these.

and 50% will end up in trash. 

wholehog92

Quote from: Tomhog™ on July 04, 2009, 02:27:22 pm
The weekly Dyer and Mosley thread. I predict about 28 more of these.

Maybe those could be combined into one war and piece size thread.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

razorbackmkh

I tell myself "I'm going to stop clicking on these things" then I do it anyways. This soap opera is wearing on me. I won't blame the kids, I won't blame the coaches. I think we as fans add more to the drama than anyone else. If they end up at Arkansas, good for us, good for them. If they end up at AU, well I think I'll wait to see how that plays out, I'm not sold on that horse and pony show yet. I could understand OU in Dyers case, but not AU (sorry Gus fans, I just wouldn't put my son in the spread if he had pro potential). Tenn, well do I even need to go there? It is what it is.   
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

wholehog92

I've made it no secret how I feel about AU and Dyer fit.  I have also made it no secret that I have a lot of respect for Gus.  I have ruffled a few feathers in the process.  I am also not terribly concerned for the RB or TE position for our team.  Maybe that is why I am so tired of the MD drama already.  I actually think Mosely would make a good DE prospect and would like to see him on the team personally at that position.  I have no idea who else the staff is in on at that position, they apparently like those guys better at this point.  MD is obviously a talent you would like on your team.  I just don't understand the hysteria.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Fisticuffs

Quote from: The Realist on July 04, 2009, 03:52:40 pm
There is a lot less money running around Tennessee than Arkansas and I know that from personal experience hanging around football players at both schools.  The only person who clearly stands out from getting money at UT is Tyler Smith because of his car....at Arkansas, take your pick, hell charles thomas performances' didnt deserve the type of cars he received.  And it's that way in a lot of places.
just bein real

NWAREDBUG

I don't think this will happen 28 more times.. I think there is only one more place that Dyer wants to see and thats Notre Dame. It just a kid taking a look to see what is out there... it all could end soon.

Carl Lazlo

WholeHog if you let yourself imagine something that could very easily happen then you'd understand the hysteria.  As your well aware our state has recently produced several productive NFL backs.  McFadden, Williams, Houston, Hillis, and Cobbs.  Many people think he's in that category.  No doubt that fact doesn't guarantee him anything.  Avoiding serious injuries, working his tall off in the weight room/conditioning, and making the right decisions away from football of course will. The guy's a football player.  It really shouldn't bother you that people want to fight for him.  I'd agree with you if Dyer commits to play for another team.  No bashing Petrino or Dyer.  Until then let the kid know how much we'd like to have him, step back and wish him the best.

linze82

Quote from: The Realist on July 04, 2009, 03:52:40 pm
There is a lot less money running around Tennessee than Arkansas and I know that from personal experience hanging around football players at both schools.  The only person who clearly stands out from getting money at UT is Tyler Smith because of his car....at Arkansas, take your pick, hell charles thomas performances' didnt deserve the type of cars he received.  And it's that way in a lot of places.

I will respectfully disagree with this statement.
smite me bishes

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on July 04, 2009, 04:03:50 pm
I don't think this will happen 28 more times.. I think there is only one more place that Dyer wants to see and thats Notre Dame. It just a kid taking a look to see what is out there... it all could end soon.

So do you have an opinion about where it will end? 

I say he's a Hog in the end.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The Galloping Ghost

OK. I'm curious. What makes you think so Bubba?
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 04, 2009, 05:31:37 pmOK. I'm curious. What makes you think so Bubba?

Pure speculation, and playing the recruiting odds.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The Galloping Ghost

Oh. OK. I thought you had some inside info. Cool.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Hawgvillain

This doesn't sound good...

Tomhog™

Even if they commit soon, there will still be a ton of threads on them. The popular saying is, "it's a long time until February". I wouldn't click on them if I wasn't a mod in this forum.

The Hog

Quote from: Tomhog™ on July 04, 2009, 08:49:31 pm
Even if they commit soon, there will still be a ton of threads on them. The popular saying is, "it's a long time until February". I wouldn't click on them if I wasn't a mod in this forum.
True.  Also you have a very popular and highly recruited Arkansas kid.  People jump at the chance to see if Dyer is leaning.
Automatic RUN!

HoopS

A while back, I decided to rarely even click into these threads.   Oh,  I want him to be a Hog, no doubt.  But reading posts from ones that I think have a handle on it, it seems that he's having fun and just playing the recruiting game. 

When I read that "Dyer has committed to ........", that's when I'll click again.   Until then, I'll not let the ebbs and flows of his recruiting saga jack with my blood pressure.

Oklahawg

Quote from: HoopS on July 05, 2009, 11:42:02 am
A while back, I decided to rarely even click into these threads.   Oh,  I want him to be a Hog, no doubt.  But reading posts from ones that I think have a handle on it, it seems that he's having fun and just playing the recruiting game. 

When I read that "Dyer has committed to ........", that's when I'll click again.   Until then, I'll not let the ebbs and flows of his recruiting saga jack with my blood pressure.

"Dyer has committed to..." won't stop it. Heck, might not even be accurate.

The so-called handlers will milk this for all its worth and try to leverage the situation for their own benefit.

I feel sorry for the young people in this situation, being yanked around by adults. At least the handlers are paid consultants; that is far better than when a coach manipulates the player acting as a "friendly and free" helper.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

farmhawg

So I take it you are Dakota's parent?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

The longer he goes without announcing the better I like our chances.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Erockster20

I can understand Auburn.  Gus. Lack of Depth.

But if he goes to TN.... WTH!!!!!!

What has Kiffin done?  Now if I was a defensive player, playing for his dad might be a draw, but come on.  Then top it off Brown just got there.   No qb.  (Someone have Dyer call DMAC and ask him how much better a great passing offense would have helped.)  I just don't get it. 

I think its AU or UA.  Those make the most sense (football wise) for the young man.  I won't support him going to AU but I would understand.

The_Bionic_Pig

;) They are really enjoying this summer are they not.... I am starting to see a pattern here of teenagers soaking up every moment in the limelight. 

Like I stated above the longer this draws out the more confident I feel Arkansas chances are.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Fisticuffs

I hope they both take every visit they get and get nat'l exposure with all the schools waitin for a decision.... and then choose Arkansas.