Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tim Brando comparing Houston Nutt to Nick Saban

Started by Iwastherein1969, July 03, 2009, 09:29:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

http://finebaum.com/     check out the 3rd hour of the Paul Finebaum radio show at the 35:50 mark to the finish...a caller named Joe from Birmingham and ask this question..."who's the best coach, in your opinion, between Houston Nutt and Nick Saban ?"  Tim Brando makes his best case to put Houston Dale "HOOTIE" Nutt on an even playing field with Nick Saban and then goes on to explain, without saying it, that Nutt over-achieved at Arkansas and made us a winner.....also check out the call from Shane from Centerpoint who questions why Arkansas got rid of Houston Nutt at the ( 27:25 ) ....Brando's reply was that "It hasn't been proven that Petrino has won at any level but the C-USA" and basically goes on to say that Arkansas fans were foolish to get rid of Nutt....Brando is the greatest NUTT HUGGER ever
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hollywood_HOGan45

i really dont like d-bags....

i havent for the life of my figured out why the national media loves this piece of crap and cant see how much he UNDERacheived at arkansas.

You have McFadden, Felix, Hillis......all kinda of offensive talent but we score ONE offensive TD against Auburn, Kentucky, and Tennessee and go 4-4 in SEC play.

People are idiots.

Choctaw Hog

My American Bulldog (all 105 lbs of her) farted this morning and it made more sense than when Brando spews his drivel. 

Brando's an LSU guy and he hates that Petrino will expose Nutt for the failure he was at Arkansas.  I wonder what Tim will say when Nutt falls on his face at Ole Miss and Petrino leads Arkansas to an SEC Championship and a BCS Bowl?  Probably nothing.

oldbear

We are all going to go nutts if we keep worrying about what the national pundits are going to say about nutter in the preseason. I'm not complaining about the posting of it because I think it is kind of funny and only proves the generalization that people are a lot like sheep.

However, don't let it get you worked up. Nutty will prove his true colors even at OM. He is having a heyday with O's players. He will probably be pretty successful this year and for as long as he has Snead. Snead is a great quarterback. He is better than Stoerner, with whom nutty enjoyed success at Arkansas. Just be patient and know that the Hog fans will be proven correct in the end. Also enjoy the fact that we now have a real coach that, if he does leave in the near future, will only do so because he was successful in rebuilding the mess left by MOTHO.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 03, 2009, 09:57:11 am
i really dont like d-bags....

i havent for the life of my figured out why the national media loves this piece of crap and cant see how much he UNDERacheived at arkansas.

You have McFadden, Felix, Hillis......all kinda of offensive talent but we score ONE offensive TD against Auburn, Kentucky, and Tennessee and go 4-4 in SEC play.

People are idiots.

Because Nutt is a very good salesperson and he has sold many people, including us for a good many years, a bill of goods. That chicken will be coming home to roost very soon. He is the Barrack Obama of the college football world, able to spin this way and that, playing a shell game with his supporters and the media. Just before the talent starts to run dry at Ole Miss, Sexton will have him a new gig at his latest carnival side show where he will once again peddle his snake oil for a few years.
Go Hogs Go!

ballhog™

So Petrino didin't go to the Orange Bowl while Louisville was in the Big East?  Way to avoid the facts Timmy B.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

pigture perfect

Let them think that we are stuck with BP. Let Houston do whatever he wants to do, that's not our problem anymore.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hawgon

I wouldn't worry about Brando.  He is drunk for the largest part of the day, every day, so it is hard for him to come up with coherent thoughts.  I'm pretty sure that he was officially banned for a good while at Shreveport Country Club.

HoggieStyle

Quote from: ballhog on July 03, 2009, 11:05:38 am
So Petrino didin't go to the Orange Bowl while Louisville was in the Big East?  Way to avoid the facts Timmy B.

How dare you present the truth as fact, sir.

+1 ;)

TeedupHigh

HOUSTON NUTT IS GONE!  Please, for God's sake let it go people.  We got what we need in Bobby P.  Just ignore these folks and go forward.  When we react they get what they want, an audience.  Without that they go away.

deucea729

Brando is an LSU fan.  I think that in itself says enough about his intellect.   :)

DeuceHawg

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 03, 2009, 09:29:22 am
Brando's reply was that "It hasn't been proven that Petrino has won at any level but the C-USA" and basically goes on to say that Arkansas fans were foolish to get rid of Nutt

At least we have a coach that was successful at some level of college football.

3kgthog

Some of you need to quit fretting over Mr. Holiday Inn. Just sit back and enjoy the trainwreck. You know the man can't stay out of the way of himself or his team. Relax.

athunt

Our special teams coordinatior is a better head coach than HDN.  Hell, Clark Irwin and Dal Loggins could have been callin the plays all these years.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Root66

Brando was the sports director at WAFB-TV Baton Rouge and the voice of LSU basketball games (1981-86).

Brando graduated from Northeast Louisiana University in 1978 with a degree in television/radio management. He was born Feb. 27, 1956, in Shreveport, La., where he lives with his wife, Terri, and their two daughters, Tiffany and Tara.

This PoS is terrified that Bobby Petrino is about to turn the SEC-W into his own STOMPING ground...with cause, I might add.

arodobop

Brando's likely been to a few dale & diana posse soirees imbibing on the spiked hootie kool aid. He's an idiot. And it would be nice if some of our local media would voice the positive direction of the program instead doubting BP as a refutation to this national perspective of the UA. Frank brando, dale + all the enablers.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Root66 on July 03, 2009, 01:03:10 pm
Brando was the sports director at WAFB-TV Baton Rouge and the voice of LSU basketball games (1981-86).

Brando graduated from Northeast Louisiana University in 1978 with a degree in television/radio management. He was born Feb. 27, 1956, in Shreveport, La., where he lives with his wife, Terri, and their two daughters, Tiffany and Tara.

This PoS is terrified that Bobby Petrino is about to turn the SEC-W into his own STOMPING ground...with cause, I might add.

THIS

+1 rootie tootie.

Jborohog09

centarkswine

Quote from: 3kgthog on July 03, 2009, 12:24:03 pm
Some of you need to quit fretting over Mr. Holiday Inn. Just sit back and enjoy the trainwreck. You know the man can't stay out of the way of himself or his team. Relax.

Exactly.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Is this serious? That's like comparing Disneyland to a turd.

Nick Saban is the best coach in the SEC, Hootie is Hootie. Give me a break Timmy Brandon.

Pigdiana Jones

Sorry I'll continue to talk about TCTWF for as long as I want and however much I want. After what he did here and the crap he put us through, we deserve to talk about it.

As for Brando, screw him, who cares what he thinks. Putting him in the same field as Saban is a disgrace. Saban might pull some weird backhanded stuff that sends people scrambling for rules infractions investigations, but the man can coach and he can recruit, and recruit well. TCTWF is neither and never will be neither. Anyone that can pull up a kid in his office and bend him over and take a snap from a high school prospective senior and immediately offers him a scholo, shows how little he knows what the hell he's doing.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

JoePaul03

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on July 03, 2009, 01:59:51 pm
Is this serious? That's like comparing Disneyland to a turd.

Nick Saban is the best coach in the SEC, Hootie is Hootie. Give me a break Timmy Brandon.

Easy there...Urban Meyer, his two national titles, and his undefeated season at Utah would like to talk about that Saban comment... :)

I do agree with the general consensus that Brando is an idiot though, and ridiculously biased towards LSU...I think his knickers are in a bunch over the thought of Petrino rolling over Les Miles on an annual basis, and the Golden Boot making its permanent home in Fayetteville.
WCOB, 2003

porkurina

When the train wrecks we'll see how many stay on board.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 03, 2009, 11:02:51 am
Because Nutt is a very good salesperson and he has sold many people, including us for a good many years, a bill of goods. That chicken will be coming home to roost very soon. He is the Barrack Obama of the college football world, able to spin this way and that, playing a shell game with his supporters and the media. Just before the talent starts to run dry at Ole Miss, Sexton will have him a new gig at his latest carnival side show where he will once again peddle his snake oil for a few years.

Your right eventually he is going to screw Argentinean women..uhh I mean Ole Miss fans like Mark Foley at a porta potty...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Sivad

Comparing Houston Nutt to Nick Saban?
They will be coming for Tim Brando with straightjackets after another one like that.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Sivad on July 03, 2009, 11:21:26 pm
Comparing Houston Nutt to Nick Saban?
They will be coming for Tim Brando with straightjackets after another one like that.

I haven't been able to prove this but my theory is that Tim Brando is represented by Jimmy Sexton, who represents Saban and Nutt. Or at the very least, he's on the dole from Sexton in one form or fashion.

That's my only excuse for why this jagoff would suck Nutt's pecker all the time.

Feralhog

Quote from: oldbear on July 03, 2009, 10:35:49 am
We are all going to go nutts if we keep worrying about what the national pundits are going to say about nutter in the preseason. I'm not complaining about the posting of it because I think it is kind of funny and only proves the generalization that people are a lot like sheep.

However, don't let it get you worked up. Nutty will prove his true colors even at OM. He is having a heyday with O's players. He will probably be pretty successful this year and for as long as he has Snead. Snead is a great quarterback. He is better than Stoerner, with whom nutty enjoyed success at Arkansas. Just be patient and know that the Hog fans will be proven correct in the end. Also enjoy the fact that we now have a real coach that, if he does leave in the near future, will only do so because he was successful in rebuilding the mess left by MOTHO.
This is what happens when the higher up's cover their's and Nutt's butt by turning a blind eye and taking off the handcuffs.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: porkurina on July 03, 2009, 11:08:13 pm
When the train wrecks we'll see how many stay on board.

Have you ever seen film of a ship going down and seen the rats abandoning ship in droves? Picture that.
Go Hogs Go!

The Great Hambino

someone feel free to correct him. or someone write a well written message and PM it to me and i'll send it to him...

tbrando@sportingnews.com

tbhogfan

Quote from: sggrant323 on July 04, 2009, 09:18:45 am
someone feel free to correct him. or someone write a well written message and PM it to me and i'll send it to him...

tbrando@sportingnews.com

Try this:

Dear Mr. Brando,

Please lay off the crack pipe.

Thank you.
Go Hogs!

Hoggish1

http://finebaum.com/     check out the 3rd hour of the Paul Finebaum radio show at the 35:50 mark to the finish...a caller named Joe from Birmingham and ask this question..."who's the best coach, in your opinion, between Houston Nutt and Nick Saban ?"  Tim Brando makes his best case to put Houston Dale "HOOTIE" Nutt on an even playing field with Nick Saban and then goes on to explain, without saying it, that Nutt over-achieved at Arkansas and made us a winner.....also check out the call from Shane from Centerpoint who questions why Arkansas got rid of Houston Nutt at the ( 27:25 ) ....Brando's reply was that "It hasn't been proven that Petrino has won at any level but the C-USA" and basically goes on to say that Arkansas fans were foolish to get rid of Nutt....Brando is the greatest NUTT HUGGER ever

Nobody takes Tim Brando seriously.

Root66

Quote from: Hoggish1 on July 04, 2009, 10:58:11 am
Nobody takes Tim Brando seriously.

Well at least no one in Arkansas does. But the people at CBS do some strange things. They even kept Dan Rather around for 30 years.

Tusks

I sat in the hotel bar at the marriott in ATL in 02 (SECCG) and had a beer with TB.

This is when there were sexton driven rumors that bama was intrested in hootie.

TB is an idiot with bad hair plugs.  He told me he though hootie would stay at AR until the day came when JJ called him to dallas to be HC of the cowboys.

I laughed in his face and he was stunned I wasn't on the same page with him....he just likes to make noise so he can seem relevant.

I think the hog fans should take him to the woodshed and call him out when the BP goes to the BCS at AR before hottie does at OMU.

all hat and no cattle.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 03, 2009, 11:18:09 pm
Your right eventually he is going to screw Argentinean women..uhh I mean Ole Miss fans like Mark Foley at a porta potty...

More like Gerry Studds or Barney Frank after underaged male interns.

I let out a belch earlier that had more substance than anything Brando says.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: JoePaul03 on July 03, 2009, 08:52:11 pm
Easy there...Urban Meyer, his two national titles, and his undefeated season at Utah would like to talk about that Saban comment... :)

I do agree with the general consensus that Brando is an idiot though, and ridiculously biased towards LSU...I think his knickers are in a bunch over the thought of Petrino rolling over Les Miles on an annual basis, and the Golden Boot making its permanent home in Fayetteville.

Well you know what I mean. It's at least debateable. No matter who you think the coach is, most can agree it's not the Nutt. At least I hope so.

JoePaul03

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on July 04, 2009, 06:40:06 pm
Well you know what I mean. It's at least debateable. No matter who you think the coach is, most can agree it's not the Nutt. At least I hope so.

Oh, I DEFINITELY agree with that...The best coach in the SEC might be Meyer, it might be Saban, and I'd even listen to an argument for Johnson at Vandy...But it ain't Dale, that's for sure.
WCOB, 2003

arodobop

It's debatable that ole hoot is a "coach" in name only. The former qb aka "qb killa" has the rah-rah speeches & has been known to lead the band. Individual player development by dale, uh, no. Danny and sheworst coach more than dale.  Playcalling by dale? Kids in the stands knew when he pull out the smoke draw. We were warned & OM has been.

hoggystyle78

That's like comparing Barney Fife to Dirty Harry, Brando is idiot.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I have no problem.  Putting Saban and Nutt on the same playing field or saying they are very similar.   They are both two of the biggest d!cks you will probably ever meet.  Biggest difference is Saban makes no bones about it.  Basically, I'm a d!ck if you don't like it eat stuff.  Nutt wants to smile and act like he's everybody's best friend and just an awe shucks guy.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Jborohog09

Quote from: nutted on July 04, 2009, 03:31:11 pm
I sat in the hotel bar at the marriott in ATL in 02 (SECCG) and had a beer with TB.

This is when there were sexton driven rumors that bama was intrested in hootie.

TB is an idiot with bad hair plugs.  He told me he though hootie would stay at AR until the day came when JJ called him to dallas to be HC of the cowboys.

I laughed in his face and he was stunned I wasn't on the same page with him....he just likes to make noise so he can seem relevant.

I think the hog fans should take him to the woodshed and call him out when the BP goes to the BCS at AR before hottie does at OMU.

all hat and no cattle.

do you honestly think OM will ever go to a BCS bowl under Hootie(or ever for that matter)?

JoePaul03

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 04, 2009, 11:47:54 pm
I have no problem.  Putting Saban and Nutt on the same playing field or saying they are very similar.   They are both two of the biggest d!cks you will probably ever meet.  Biggest difference is Saban makes no bones about it.  Basically, I'm a d!ck if you don't like it eat stuff.  Nutt wants to smile and act like he's everybody's best friend and just an awe shucks guy.

Saban=Jerk with NC ring who wins with unquestioned consistency, including big games

Nutt=Jerk who wins sometimes, and crumbles anytime he has any expectations placed on him at all...and has a few SEC West Champs/Co-Champs rings
WCOB, 2003

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

cbjagman

http://finebaum.com/     check out the 3rd hour of the Paul Finebaum radio show at the 35:50 mark to the finish...a caller named Joe from Birmingham and ask this question..."who's the best coach, in your opinion, between Houston Nutt and Nick Saban ?"  Tim Brando makes his best case to put Houston Dale "HOOTIE" Nutt on an even playing field with Nick Saban and then goes on to explain, without saying it, that Nutt over-achieved at Arkansas and made us a winner.....also check out the call from Shane from Centerpoint who questions why Arkansas got rid of Houston Nutt at the ( 27:25 ) ....Brando's reply was that "It hasn't been proven that Petrino has won at any level but the C-USA" and basically goes on to say that Arkansas fans were foolish to get rid of Nutt....Brando is the greatest NUTT HUGGER ever
Sure.............and Secretariat was just another plow horse...good one TB.

Dr Swineglove

Brando is comparing Houston Nutt to Nick Saban?  That's like comparing Beattle Bailey to Napolean Bonaparte.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

MuskogeeHogFan

Or comparing the guy who picks up aluminum cans along side the road to Andrew Carnegie?
Go Hogs Go!

kingofdequeen

arodobop

kingofdequeen

or to compare bea arthur to scarlett johansen

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 05, 2009, 12:02:49 pm
or to compare bea arthur to scarlett johansen

or Mayor Pike of Mayberry to Mayor Daley of Chicago?
Go Hogs Go!