Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas @ LSU on Sat.

Started by rogersvillemohog, June 30, 2009, 07:11:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What does Hogville Nation think of this?

I like it alot
It's ok
I'm not a big fan of the idea
I hate it
Wait, we play LSU on a Sat

GuvHog

Quote from: abostian on July 01, 2009, 12:33:35 pm
Haha.  Put hootie in LR so we can see his face when he gets booed by his hometown.

They won't do that. With Hootie as motivation, they know DWRRS will be packed when
the Hogs play Ole Miss, they're not as confident about the LSU game, that's why they
haven't moved it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Simple Swineman

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 01, 2009, 12:17:40 pm
I would hope the attendence would be 70,000+ but IMO if it is below
60,000, they'll move it back to WMS. Less that 60,000 in a 73,000+ seat stadium on national television would be embarrassing.

We have never had less than 60,000 for an SEC game since the stadium expanded. The lowest ever was 61,573 for Kentucky in 2002. Next year's LSU game will be huge. We will both likely be top 25 teams and may be playing for a trip to Atlanta. I highly doubt it will be the lowest attended SEC game ever in RRS.

thirtythree

Guys, you are forgetting one thing. This game may not stay on Saturday's after two years. There is a chance it could move back to Friday at that time.

GuvHog

Quote from: Simple Swineman on July 01, 2009, 02:14:42 pm
We have never had less than 60,000 for an SEC game since the stadium expanded. The lowest ever was 61,573 for Kentucky in 2002. Next year's LSU game will be huge. We will both likely be top 25 teams and may be playing for a trip to Atlanta. I highly doubt it will be the lowest attended SEC game ever in RRS.

None of those games were played on Thanksgiving weekend. That could make a
huge difference and apparently at this time the powers that be are not willing to
take that risk.

GuvHog

Quote from: thirtythree on July 01, 2009, 02:31:45 pm
Guys, you are forgetting one thing. This game may not stay on Saturday's after two years. There is a chance it could move back to Friday at that time.

That too is a very good possibility.

The Boar War

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 01, 2009, 12:17:40 pm
I would hope the attendence would be 70,000+ but IMO if it is below
60,000, they'll move it back to WMS. Less that 60,000 in a 73,000+ seat stadium on
national television would be embarrassing.

Thats a good point.  What is worse a 60,000 crowd at RRS or a 55,000 crowd at WMS?

gohogsgo006

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 01, 2009, 02:33:10 pm
None of those games were played on Thanksgiving weekend.

Exactly, how can we know what to expect if we never take a chance?

Even if it is just for one year, have the freakin Battle of the Boot in Fayetteville
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

SamBuckhart

I think the game  goes to Fayetteville eventually. We would probably get South Carolina. Would not like it. I believe it will happen though.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

jmingram911

Quote from: razorhog29 on June 30, 2009, 07:25:17 pm
It fricking sucks. Just when we build a little tradition in the SEC it's taken away.
Well said!!

GuvHog

Quote from: The Boar War on July 01, 2009, 03:41:11 pm

Thats a good point.  What is worse a 60,000 crowd at RRS or a 55,000 crowd at WMS?

That's easy, a packed out crowd of 55,000 at WMS looks much better on national TV
than a 3/4 full DWRRS (60,000) any day.

GuvHog

July 01, 2009, 10:14:01 pm #60 Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:16:45 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: SamBuckheart on July 01, 2009, 10:04:11 pm
I think the game  goes to Fayetteville eventually. We would probably get South Carolina. Would not like it. I believe it will happen though.

Who knows? They might try it but probibly not until Spurrier leaves South Carolina. However,
Miss. St. and South Carolina are both home games for Arkansas the same year so that would
cause a problem.

elksnort

Fayetteville. The ratio was too close last time in WMS. Too many LSU fans. I love WMS games though. But it is time to move the LSU game to the hill.

It makes no sense to want this, but I would love to see Arkansas play Florida in WMS. The Gators have never played there.

thirtythree

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 01, 2009, 10:11:28 pm
That's easy, a packed out crowd of 55,000 at WMS looks much better on national TV

Much louder as well.

LSU will travel no matter where the game is. They will sell their tickets and then buy some from Razorback fans that can't go. They will always find a way to get to the game. Moving it won't stop that. You move it to the hill you could very well see a larger LSU crowd.

GuvHog

Quote from: elksnort on July 01, 2009, 10:24:28 pm
Fayetteville. The ratio was too close last time in WMS. Too many LSU fans. I love WMS games though. But it is time to move the LSU game to the hill.

It makes no sense to want this, but I would love to see Arkansas play Florida in WMS. The Gators have never played there.

The reason the ratio was so close at WMS is because the Hog fans didn't buy
all of the home tickets and LSU fans bought the rest. That won't happen from
next year on.

elksnort

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 01, 2009, 10:29:23 pm
The reason the ratio was so close at WMS is because the Hog fans didn't buy
all of the home tickets and LSU fans bought the rest. That won't happen from
next year on.
Gov, I like Little Rock alot, but it's time to move the LSU game to Fayetteville. What ought to be done is play a marquee game in LR and charge a lot for it. Serve girlie drinks. Hogs will win.

The Boar War

What kind of ratio was it?  This years ARK/LSU was the first WMS game I've missed in 7 years.  There have been scattered pockets of Tiger fans and a large group over by where they come out but nothing that would be like a 80/20 Hog to tiger ratio.  Was this year that different?  It didn't look that way on tv.

PiggoBitttys

Did someone just state WMS looks better than RRS? ROFL! A 3/4's crowd at RRS would still LOOK much better in that stadium than the dump that is WMS.

And as stated above, but not really understood, the students can buy season tickets that include the LSU game. But they must go the week of every game to redeem that week's pass and get the actual ticket. Any tickets that aren't picked up are sold to the public. So most likely the decrease in attendance with students being out would be minimized.

bsking

July 02, 2009, 12:24:28 am #67 Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 12:27:03 am by bsking
Quote from: GUVHOG on July 01, 2009, 10:11:28 pm

That is the biggest load of crap ive ever heard.  I am embarrassed playing at that crap hole.  Especially when we are drowned out by LSU fans.  I can almost guarantee that only old people (who dont sit in the student section) and just sit on their butts all day and golf clap are the ones in favor of staying at WMS.  Honestly, if you measured the decibles I bet a RRS vs. Kentucky would twice that of LSU at WMS.

Country Stylz

July 02, 2009, 12:53:29 am #68 Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:04:54 am by Country Stylz
Quote from: bsking on July 02, 2009, 12:24:28 am
That is the biggest load of crap ive ever heard.  I am embarrassed playing at that crap hole.  Especially when we are drowned out by LSU fans.  I can almost guarantee that only old people (who dont sit in the student section) and just sit on their butts all day and golf clap are the ones in favor of staying at WMS.  Honestly, if you measured the decibles I bet a RRS vs. Kentucky would twice that of LSU at WMS.
Why do former players like Tim Couch say that WMS and the Swamp were the loudest stadiums he's ever played in?  Why did Lou Holtz complain about having to play in WMS every other year when coaching at USCe? Why did Matt Jones say he wished we would play all of our home games in Little Rock because of the home field advantage? Go back and watch the 2003 game against Carolina, it's all in there. And the people at Little Rock are the ones sitting on their hands?  Are you kidding me? The crowd at Little Rock turns into a pack of drunken wild animals by the time kickoff rolls around. The Texas,Tennesse, and Ole Miss crowds were great, but I've been to a couple of Alabama games that we won in RRS and the crowd only got up for TD's and the occasional 3rd n long. WMS has always had the better (louder)  atomosphere. Ask some former players what they think,

bsking

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 02, 2009, 12:53:29 am
Why do former players like Tim Couch say that WMS and the Swamp were the loudest stadiums he's ever played in?  Why did Lou Holtz complain about having to play in WMS every other year when coaching at USCe? Why did Matt Jones say he wished we would play all of our home games in Little Rock because of the home field advantage? Go back and watch the 2003 game against Carolina, it's all in there. And the people at Little Rock are the ones sitting on their hands?  Are you kidding me? The crowd at Little Rock turns into a pack of drunken wild animals by the time kickoff rolls around. The Texas,Tennesse, and Ole Miss crowds were great, but I've been to a couple of Alabama games that we won in RRS and the crowd only got up for TD's and the occasional 3rd n long. WMS has always had the better (louder)  atomosphere. Ask some former players what they think,

You are living in the past gramps.  All I know is, for a 100% absolute fact, the last 3 years (that includes the Mcfadden 80 yard run followed by Trendon Holliday return game, and the Miracle on Markham 2) a WMS game has NEVER been louder than an ANY close SEC game in RRS.  I know for a 100% fact that Darren Mcfadden and Felix Jones would say that the UT, Bama, UF games all were much louder than the LSU game in 2006.  We probably would have won that game if it had been in Fayetteville.

GuvHog

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on July 01, 2009, 11:58:56 pm
Did someone just state WMS looks better than RRS? ROFL! A 3/4's crowd at RRS would still LOOK much better in that stadium than the dump that is WMS.

And as stated above, but not really understood, the students can buy season tickets that include the LSU game. But they must go the week of every game to redeem that week's pass and get the actual ticket. Any tickets that aren't picked up are sold to the public. So most likely the decrease in attendance with students being out would be minimized.

They can't legally do that, it would be selling a ticket TWICE. THAT would get them into
big trouble. It's called ticket FRAUD.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: thirtythree on July 01, 2009, 10:28:06 pm
LSU will travel no matter where the game is. They will sell their tickets and then buy some from Razorback fans that can't go. They will always find a way to get to the game. Moving it won't stop that. You move it to the hill you could very well see a larger LSU crowd.

You are correct. LSU away game tickets are completely sold out for the 2009 season. We got 7000 for the Washington game in Seattle and they are completely sold out. There are already fans on the message boards looking for more and people posting ways to get more tickets for the game in Seattle.

Country Stylz

July 02, 2009, 08:30:47 am #72 Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:43:21 am by Country Stylz
Quote from: bsking on July 02, 2009, 01:29:09 am
You are living in the past gramps.  All I know is, for a 100% absolute fact, the last 3 years (that includes the Mcfadden 80 yard run followed by Trendon Holliday return game, and the Miracle on Markham 2) a WMS game has NEVER been louder than an ANY close SEC game in RRS.  I know for a 100% fact that Darren Mcfadden and Felix Jones would say that the UT, Bama, UF games all were much louder than the LSU game in 2006.  We probably would have won that game if it had been in Fayetteville.
I'm 33 yrs old idiot. Maybe your just too much  of a young punk to know what you're talking about. And I listed facts, while you just say " I know for 100% sure". Name one player that has ever said RRS has a better homefield advantage.  You don't know s#!#

Simple Swineman

Quote from: bsking on July 02, 2009, 01:29:09 am
You are living in the past gramps. All I know is, for a 100% absolute fact, the last 3 years (that includes the Mcfadden 80 yard run followed by Trendon Holliday return game, and the Miracle on Markham 2) a WMS game has NEVER been louder than an ANY close SEC game in RRS.  I know for a 100% fact that Darren Mcfadden and Felix Jones would say that the UT, Bama, UF games all were much louder than the LSU game in 2006.

I'm glad somebody finally said this. You are exactly right. There WAS a time when WMS was much, much louder and crazier than every RRS game no matter who the opponent was. The Kentucky game in 98 is still the loudest game I've ever been to. But for the past several years it's been just like RRS. Loud when the game is close and dead for the rest of the game.

I still think we should keep playing in WMS for other reasons, but the argument of WMS being louder with a better atmosphere than RRS just doesn't hold water anymore.

SPAL

are people serious about keeping this game in Little Rock? really? How bout putting in a million dollar swimming pool at your house and then going swimming in the bathtub. Brilliant people on this board.

SPAL

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 02, 2009, 08:25:50 am
They can't legally do that, it would be selling a ticket TWICE. THAT would get them into
big trouble. It's called ticket FRAUD.

I think you misunderstood what he said....they arent selling the ticket twice. The students take a voucher to a location and swap em for tickets. Any tickets not vouched for are then sold to the public.

Michael Porkleone

Guv - call it fraud if you want but the voucher/resell system is coming.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

gohogsgo006

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 02, 2009, 09:33:22 am
I think you misunderstood what he said....they arent selling the ticket twice. The students take a voucher to a location and swap em for tickets. Any tickets not vouched for are then sold to the public.

This, besides...most students dont care about losing $1
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

2FNFST4U

QuoteGet ready for a ESPN Saturday Night game in Death Valley. CBS has already selected Florida State at Florida for the 2:30 Saturday game on Nov. 28th.

ESPN signed a 5 year contract to get a Miami/South Florida series for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Starts this year and that will be a night game also.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 02, 2009, 09:30:23 am
are people serious about keeping this game in Little Rock? really? How bout putting in a million dollar swimming pool at your house and then going swimming in the bathtub. Brilliant people on this board.

What an awesome post!
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

thirtythree

This past season I sat by the LSU crowd (Sec 10 row 53 seat 23). That crowd looked about the same as it was a couple years ago. I can't remember past that. That stadium rocked the whole freaking game. The sound bounces in that stadium due to the set up (enclosed). There are holes at RRS for sound to travel through. That is why it is louder than RRS. I can remember, vividly, announcers (just this past season) commenting on how dead the crowds were at RRS. On the radio they were saying the same thing. I can't remember one time a player, coach or anyone else (other than some on this board) say the crowds at WMS were dead unless it was a blow out one way or another.

Also, a full stadium looks a lot better than any stadium at 60% capacity. To think otherwise is complete idiocy.

GuvHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 02, 2009, 09:33:22 am

Answer me this: Do the students pay for the tickets when they pick up the vouchers or
when they pick up their tickets?

GuvHog

Quote from: 2FNFST4U on July 02, 2009, 10:20:53 am
ESPN signed a 5 year contract to get a Miami/South Florida series for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Starts this year and that will be a night game also.

Wow! it could end up being an 11:00 AM start! THAT would really piss off some
of the LSU fans!