Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clint Trickett

Started by ntubjr, June 29, 2009, 08:17:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ntubjr

Florida Varsity has come out with its Top 100 and he is listed 38 and noted as the top pro style QB in the state

forrest city joe

Once again this staff has been ahead of most. i trust BP on any player he brings in.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: forrest city joe on June 29, 2009, 08:44:36 pm
Once again this staff has been ahead of most. i trust BP on any player he brings in.
Especially QB's.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

BBHog

So I'm guessing he's due for a bump up to 4 star in the next rankings?  Last year, the top 61 players in Florida were 4 stars. 

Highway Hog Sign

You would think a top-40 player in the state of Florida is a 4-star.  Just gotta wait until Rivals releases it's rankings for the state, because you know they can be different.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

SquidBilly

If he was 6'2" and 200 lbs instead of 6'2" and 168 he would likely be a five star with all of the other stuff he does well.  He'd have the luxury of coming in here and working in our weight program while he learns from one of the best QB developers in the game.

beansandtaters

Quote from: ATLpiggie on June 29, 2009, 10:09:46 pm
If he was 6'2" and 200 lbs instead of 6'2" and 168 he would likely be a five star with all of the other stuff he does well.  He'd have the luxury of coming in here and working in our weight program while he learns from one of the best QB developers in the game.

I hope we get this kid. Although I'm basing it purely on his highlight video, he looks to have a great arm on the two step drop passes.  Also, being a coaches son is normally a positive.  Especially the son of a coach as good as Rick Trickett.

jdevers

Quote from: ATLpiggie on June 29, 2009, 10:09:46 pm

I would say if he was more like 6'4" and 200lbs, with the stats he has he MIGHT be a five star...but he does play in a really low division there.  Of course his combine numbers were off the charts.

gohogsgo006

Quote from: jdevers on June 30, 2009, 09:05:09 am
I would say if he was more like 6'4" and 200lbs, with the stats he has he MIGHT be a five star...but he does play in a really low division there.  Of course his combine numbers were off the charts.

Didnt Terrell Pryor play in one of the smallest divisions in Pennsylvania? Just saying
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

JackJohnson

Quote from: ntubjr on June 29, 2009, 08:17:07 pm
Florida Varsity has come out with its Top 100 and he is listed 38 and noted as the top pro style QB in the state

Again- 2 things just amaze me with this staff.

1) how well this staff evaluates.  they are always a step or two ahead of the game when it comes to evaluating prospects and once we get on someone everyone else does and they go from unranked to highly ranked

2) how even after point #1 of my post, ark "fans" still criticize this staff!!

I watched this kids highlights shortly after we offered him and came away VERY impressed and couldn't imagine him not being highly recruited.  Sure enough, he is blowing up this summer and our staff worked their tails off and got us a leg up on his recruitment!!

Tusks

He won the elite 11 in Orlando so I think a 4* is where he'll land....I don't think he'll make 5*.

But getting a 4* QB year after year after year......I didn't know you could do that.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: nutted on June 30, 2009, 05:51:11 pm
He won the elite 11 in Orlando so I think a 4* is where he'll land....I don't think he'll make 5*.

But getting a 4* QB year after year after year......I didn't know you could do that.

They come so quick it just messes you up.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Clint Alan

Quote from: nutted on June 30, 2009, 05:51:11 pm

Definitely new territory for us Arkansas fans.......I had always thought all you needed was a converted WR to hand the ball off.....

Who'd a thunk a QB passed as well....
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

kingofdequeen

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 30, 2009, 07:25:52 pm
Definitely new territory for us Arkansas fans.......I had always thought all you needed was a converted WR to hand the ball off.....

Who'd a thunk a QB passed as well....

no no...you take Ath. Qb's and make them WR's.

3kgthog

A post about Mallett playing TE in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

The Boar War

Quote from: forrest city joe on June 29, 2009, 08:44:36 pm

I wonder how long Petrino has been on this kid. 

Zen_Hog

Saw his highlight video. Can't really determine his arm strength in the ESPN one, but his accuracy is there. Has excellent drop back mechanics, and is great at avoiding the rush. Downfall I see is he's playing against lesser competition(you can tell by the size of the players in the video) and he doesn't outrun anyone, which means hes not a burner. Casey Dick looked faster in his HS film.

I'm not overly impressed by him(Secord was better, but more raw). That's what I think from the short 3 minute film he has on ESPN. I still trust Petrino though, cause I think this is his Plan A QB.

ruarealhogfan

I watched a few videos on Scout & he seemed fairly mobile to me.  One clip, he ran a bootleg & took it around the end & outran the db's 55 yards for the TD.  The clips I saw showed him throwing on the run & quite well.  Of course, you don't see the bad stuff in highlight videos.  Anyway, other than needing some weight on his body, I was fairly impressed with what I saw...

Huds_HawgTide

im excited about this kid...im gonna make a prediction...he commits next. mon. morn or b4 then...shake!shake!shake! the magic eight ball says"seems likely"
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

VenturaHog

Quote from: 350Z on July 01, 2009, 12:04:47 am
Saw his highlight video. Can't really determine his arm strength in the ESPN one, but his accuracy is there. Has excellent drop back mechanics, and is great at avoiding the rush. Downfall I see is he's playing against lesser competition(you can tell by the size of the players in the video) and he doesn't outrun anyone, which means hes not a burner. Casey Dick looked faster in his HS film.

I'm not overly impressed by him(Secord was better, but more raw). That's what I think from the short 3 minute film he has on ESPN. I still trust Petrino though, cause I think this is his Plan A QB.
I agree with your assessment, but its good to keep in mind that ESPN always has the worst highlight vids, poorly edited, usually of only one or two games.

Watch Wingo's and Knile Davis' ESPN clips from last year and you wouldn't believe they are both 4*'s