Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee's Neyland renovations near completion (pics)

Started by SRFL, June 27, 2009, 06:51:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SRFL

We've looked at Little Okie.  Now for Tennessee's pics.  This is work on Neyland that from what I understand is in year 3 of a 10 year plan to put Neyland over the top. 

http://www.utsports.com/view.gal?id=32941

newera

I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

Dr Swineglove

This is like putting curtains over the bars at Alcatraz - it's still a great big dump
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Kilgor

Looks a hell of a lot nicer than Okie State's.  Tennessee obviously means business with their football program.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

SRFL

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on June 27, 2009, 09:04:04 pm
This is like putting curtains over the bars at Alcatraz - it's still a great big dump

Their next project is to cover the erector set "outside" with brick and glass.  All the way around.  We don't have that and have no plans set in stone to do so.  Think what Neyland will look like when the facade is complete against the river.  It will be a showplace.  They are also going to install elevators and escalators to use as people movers up to the upper sections.  We walk.  Their concourse is now beautiful.  Ours is cinder block.

RRS is beautiful to us but some elements of it are becoming aesthetically obsolete.  With kids seeing everything with their own eyes now, it's something to consider. 

3kgthog

From inside the stadium Neyland is a grade A dump. A toilet. It's WMS but in hunting, prison issue and trash picking up orange.

In some ways I think RRS is that way on the outside. At least on the east and west sides of the stadium with all that exposed steel and mesh wire fencing. It really looks like a big Texas high school stadium on those sides. And if you've been inside the football team only areas of the BAC and the concourses on the east and west sides then you know how old and rundown they are as well. The only areas where we are still running with the pack is the practice field and weight facility.

athunt

Thank God they have Kiffin for a head coach. Only TCTWF could overshadow those facilities.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

2FNFST4U

While facilities may help some programs lure kids it is not the end all for recruiting. USC, Miami and UCLA all play in off campus stadiums and 2 of those programs have had an awful lot of success. USC was playing in a half empty stadium before Carroll arrived.

El Puerco

intoxhog

Quote from: newera on June 27, 2009, 07:36:38 pm
That locker room is INCREDIBLE.
We have nothing close to that as far as our locker room goes! I know money doesn't grow on trees, but its time we bowl RRS in and make locker room improvements!
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

rzrbackrob

That orange all over the place is hard on the eyes.
The Hogs have got some work to do.
Good is the enemy of great

TX HOG

Kilgor

Quote from: intoxhog on June 28, 2009, 08:43:53 am
We have nothing close to that as far as our locker room goes! I know money doesn't grow on trees, but its time we bowl RRS in and make locker room improvements!

Have you sent a donation in this year?

intoxhog

June 28, 2009, 11:57:02 am #13 Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:00:27 pm by intoxhog
Quote from: Kilgor on June 28, 2009, 11:31:39 am
Have you sent a donation in this year?
as a matter or fact I have, as i have for the last 22 years. Its Boosters like Wal-Mart and Tyson that's going to get something like this done however. We need Serous upgrades at RRS, namely tearing down the worlds largest garage(BAC) and bowling RRS up.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Kilgor

Dances With Hogs

We must continue to upgrade our facilities, most of the SEC schools are still ahead of us and are in the process of upgrading theirs now with expansions, practice facilities, stadium expanding ect.
Quote from: SRFL on June 27, 2009, 06:51:01 pm
We've looked at Little Okie.  Now for Tennessee's pics.  This is work on Neyland that from what I understand is in year 3 of a 10 year plan to put Neyland over the top. 

http://www.utsports.com/view.gal?id=32941

We must continue to upgrade our facilities

newera

Just FYI even though vandy's stadium is much smaller they are bricking in their erector set as well. I think that we need this process to make our's as incredible as TEnny's
destroy BAC and Bowl in
Brick the Erectors
Pimp the Locker Room
Set up SEATS...b/c regardless of the numbers i like seats better than bleachers.
Thank you.
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

Cresthog

berryhog

Didn't look at anything past the locker room, but that is definitely very impressive !

The Hog

Is Bama not upgrading their stadium or are they only increasing the seating?
Automatic RUN!

El Puerco

Quote from: TX HOG on June 28, 2009, 11:30:14 am
do we have some serious plans or just hopes?

There are plans....I just hope we "go large."  Our facilities have long been a big selling point.  Too big of a selling point to have a "locker room gap" with Oregon and Tennessee.

TX HOG

Quote from: El Puerco on June 28, 2009, 08:15:59 pm
There are plans....I just hope we "go large."  Our facilities have long been a big selling point.  Too big of a selling point to have a "locker room gap" with Oregon and Tennessee.

like next 3 year plans or next 15 year plans?

Zen_Hog

Locker room looks amazing. Anyone have pics of ours?

rogersvillemohog

June 29, 2009, 12:24:43 am #23 Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:32:47 am by rogersvillemohog
The best thing about being a Tenner fan is... you get to where the same thing 3 days in a row. Day one-The game, put on the Tenner Orange. Day two-Hunting. Day three-who cares how I smell, we're in Tennessee. GO HOGS!!!!  :razorback:
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

V. V. Hawg

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on June 27, 2009, 09:04:04 pm

That is by far the most accurate assesment Iv'e ever read, heard, or seen!!!

go hogues

Arkansas most likely has the worst locker room in the SEC.  I've seen pics on other teams sites and ours is drastically behind.
We need to upgrade BIG and SOON, otherwise, we'll be lost in the shuffle.

That said, I like pic #26 on that slideshow, they installed a little kiffie sized urinal. :)
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

SemperHawg

Quote from: rzrbackrob on June 28, 2009, 11:17:59 am
That orange all over the place is hard on the eyes.
The Hogs have got some work to do.
agreed, as nice as the facilities are, there is just something about that orange that makes everything look straight out of 1972.

1highhog

I've never seen pictures of our locker room, but I think that Tennessees looks great, as far as the rest of their stadium, I've personally never been but the pictures of it look really good.

cbjagman

IMHO having attended a game two years ago at Neyland I have to say the place is a dump. Nice setting on the Tennessee River; however, from what I saw the facilities definitely need a big time face lift.

Ray Piggers

Ive been in our locker rooms.. and, some high schools have nicer locker rooms than those.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

deshahawg

You can put a lil makeup on an ugly woman, but she is still ugly!

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: El Puerco on June 28, 2009, 08:15:59 pm

We can no longer sit back and allow Voluneer infiltration, Volunteer indoctrination, Volunteer subversion and the international Volunteer conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

I say it's not the size of your stadium that matters, but how you use it.  But as you say, we must not allow a locker room gap.

Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

oldbear

I go to Knoxville at least every year to take my daughter to a softball camp. Neyland drive is not very aesthetically pleasing. Too much industry on the river. It is really kind of ugly. Most of the facilities would have pretty good street value if you could see them from Neyland. But you can't. Their facilities just aren't as impressive as driving or walking down Razorback Road. This surprised me the first time I went there.

Now that I am kind of used to being there, I am very impressed overall with their facilities. It just took awhile. Neyland was still ugly from the outside earlier this week. It was kind of cool seeing both sides of the scoreboard open and people that looked like ants walking around inside of it.

titanhawg

I noticed they claim 6 football national championships.  Are we the only school that doesn't claim every little magazine/newspaper's champion choice from the 30's or 40's?  I mean, I'm pretty sure somebody chose us as their NC in 1977 (Orange Bowl win over OU)...and I think we may have gotten a nod from someone in either the 50's or 60's (besides the '64 team).  Couldn't we claim at least 3 NC's if we do it the way Bama and Tenner do?