Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do NOT look at espn dot com's section of college football today

Started by Chappeee, June 25, 2009, 01:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgon

QuoteVandy won because Dexter McCluster fumbled the ball on Vandy's 3 yd. line (the go-ahead touchdown),

McCluster's fumbles were definitely Nutt's fault.  What do you expect when you put a 5'8 150 lb. midget in the Wild Hog formation and then have him run up the middle?   You can argue that McCluster was effective at times in that formation last year, and he was, but fumbles were definitely a problem all year when he got hit hard by much bigger defenders.

As a coach you have to plan for stuff like that and know better than to put a smallish player with a tendency to fumble in a goal line situation where the one thing you cannot have is a fumble just because you consider the Wild Hog to be your trademark formation.

So, yeah, McCluster's fumble was a classic Hootie move.

FanWithFacts

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 25, 2009, 05:11:36 pm
As Dale proved against Wake Forest and Vandy last season, he still hasn't lost that ability to completely snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Expect more of that this season now that he has pressure and expectations on him.

Wake Forest won 8 games last year. Vandy beat a ranked team in a bowl game. At least Nutt didn't lose to the hapless Mississippi State Bulldogs like Petrino did.

Ragnar Hogbrok

From the article:

Quote"They didn't have that spirit that you need, but when you don't win in conference for a ton of years, I don't know," said Nutt, searching for the words. "The mindset, it was worse than we thought. Confidence was bad. You need something good to happen."
--MOTHO

You can't make this stuff up.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hawgball9401

Quote from: FanWithFacts on June 26, 2009, 10:05:27 am
Wake Forest won 8 games last year. Vandy beat a ranked team in a bowl game. At least Nutt didn't lose to the hapless Mississippi State Bulldogs like Petrino did.

So now you are saying it is the coach's fault if you win or lose?

Landshark

Quote from: bowlhogs07 on June 26, 2009, 07:25:50 am
Vandy won because Dexter McCluster fumbled the ball on Vandy's 3 yd. line (the go-ahead touchdown), a missed field goal, and 4 interceptions.

But that's Houston Nutt's fault, right?

It most certainly is....He didn't teach him the 3 points of pressure on the football!! 

btw idiot

So the PREVIOUS coaching staff, you know...the one that only won a grand total of THREE conference games...had NOTHING to do with it? 

ALL Nutt's fault.

btw Jackass.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 10:28:47 am
So the PREVIOUS coaching staff, you know...the one that only won a grand total of THREE conference games...had NOTHING to do with it? 

ALL Nutt's fault.

btw Jackass.

Ok, Nutt Jedi, here it is:

Nutt isn't a bad coach.  He's a mediocre coach.  If you're happy with "moral victories" and an occasional "SEC West Co-Championship," then he's the guy for you.  If you like being .500 in SEC play, he's all yours.  If you like recruiting guys who are "winners and fighters" weighing in at 5 feet, 6 inches and 145 pounds dripping wet, then you'll be pleased with MOTHO.  If you enjoy being "this close" to bowl victories and SEC championship games, then you've got your man.

We refused to settle for mediocre.  That's all there is to it (besides the mistreatment of a coach and several players by Nutt).  He never wins the games he should, but will occasionally win one he shouldn't.  Like someone else said earlier, we've read he Book of Nutt all the way to the end and it ends in.....mediocrity.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Jborohog09

you think OM of all teams would know what a fluke was, considering that's the reason you beat Florida.

HamHands

Quote from: no3putts on June 25, 2009, 05:44:48 pm
lots of post nagging other fans posting about other schools, most said not for here. This is a razorback board. How long ago was he let go. Seems like yesterday to some on here. you guys still mad over sally leaving you in 7th grade

The Darkside is strong!
One day at a time.

farmhawg

There seems like there are a couple of trolls on here with several names that keep spouting the same crap  defending motho. How and why they would defend a total scumbag who knows but they are despicable.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

longtimeHogfan

June 26, 2009, 11:25:10 am #60 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:20:41 pm by longtimeHogfan
Quote from: FanWithFacts on June 26, 2009, 10:05:27 amAt least Nutt didn't lose to the hapless Mississippi State Bulldogs like Petrino did.

The fact that you have him and we don't is all the reason I need to smile ear-to-ear every day.  Thank you.  It won't take too long, probably just a couple of years, and you'll see how this plays out. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Landshark

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on June 26, 2009, 11:25:10 am
     The fact that you have him and we don't is all the reason I need to smile ear-to-ear every day.  Thank you.  It won't take too long, probably just a couple of years, and you'll how this plays out.

Well, so far it's played out pretty damn well for Ole Miss fans and all pig fans have to show for it is being force-fed a LOT of crow, since not a single, solitary claim you've made about Houston Nutt since Ole Miss hired him has come true.

No, thank YOU.

Jborohog09

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 11:34:48 am
Well, so far it's played out pretty damn well for Ole Miss fans and all pig fans have to show for it is being force-fed a LOT of crow, since not a single, solitary claim you've made about Houston Nutt since Ole Miss hired him has come true.

No, thank YOU.

did you even watch Arkansas for the 10 years hootie was at the helm?  his first year went like his first year at OM did, then it didn't improve really at all.

Ragnar Hogbrok

No, thank YOU.

But now, you'll have one more decent year and then......the descent.  Trust us.  He's a used car salesman and you've been had.

farmhawg

No, thank YOU.
How does it feel to have sloppy seconds? That is what you got, we got rid of him. Of course when you are already on bottom anything would be an upgrade for you.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Kilgor

No, thank YOU.

You are quite welcome. 

I kinda feel like a guy selling selling a car because it has a transmission that's about to go out.   When a poor family comes up and wants it badly even though I told them what was wrong with it.  It'll hurt them in the end, but it's their choice I guess.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Landshark

Quote from: farmhawg on June 26, 2009, 11:56:33 am
How does it feel to have sloppy seconds? That is what you got, we got rid of him. Of course when you are already on bottom anything would be an upgrade for you.

You tell us...your coach ran out of Atlanta in the middle of the night, and wasn't even man enough to face his team.

Hawgon

Ole Miss will go 7-5 this year and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth in Oxfart.

farmhawg

Maybe you don't understand, we fired our POS, Petrino left of his own accord. He also wasn't allowed to address the team. Maybe you shouldn't post about things you don't understand.
From theflyinghog

Landshark

Quote from: Hawgon on June 26, 2009, 12:09:13 pm
Ole Miss will go 7-5 this year and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth in Oxfart.

Five losses...to who?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:03:46 pm
You tell us...your coach ran out of Atlanta in the middle of the night, and wasn't even man enough to face his team.

Did you even see the post that you quoted?  Or, did you just make up your mind to say this to the next person who posted, no matter what they said?

We did not get sloppy seconds, but you already know that. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:10:28 pm
Five losses...to who?

Probably to the teams you least expect them to lose to.  At least, that's what happened here (Vandy/UNLV/Ole Miss).

Landshark

Quote from: farmhawg on June 26, 2009, 12:09:49 pm
Maybe you don't understand, we fired our POS, Petrino left of his own accord. He also wasn't allowed to address the team. Maybe you shouldn't post about things you don't understand.

Where does is say that Petrino wasn't "ALLOWED" to address the team?

Landshark

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 26, 2009, 12:14:11 pm
Probably to the teams you least expect them to lose to.  At least, that's what happened here (Vandy/UNLV/Ole Miss).

SPECIFICALLY which 5 teams on next year's schedule will we lose to? 

Come on...somebody grow a set...let's hear it.

cbjagman

Quote from: Landshark on June 25, 2009, 06:13:22 pm
Wake Forest was a ranked (20th) team at the time...Ole Miss was not.  Any objective person who watched that game knows that Ole Miss played one helluva game but came up short in the end...WF had to make a field goal to win it.

Vandy won because Dexter McCluster fumbled the ball on Vandy's 3 yd. line (the go-ahead touchdown), a missed field goal, and 4 interceptions.

Yes it is if you want to take the approach that most coaches do in that "the buck stops here". While it's true the coaches ultimately don't make the plays, they do bear the responsibilties of both teaching the kids to stay away from bad plays/execution as much as possible AND making the play calls, decisions on the sidelines, etc. Bottom line is that the coaching staff are the ones being paid the big bucks; hence, they should also shoulder the ultimate blame! That is unless you're Hooter Dale.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:16:06 pm
Where does is say that Petrino wasn't "ALLOWED" to address the team?

Where does it say that Petrino was allowed to address the team, but decided not to?

All you know is that he didn't address the team.

cbjagman

I think you have the wrong name for this sight: it should the the fan with flacks!

cbjagman

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:10:28 pm
Five losses...to who?
BTW dumbass, it's to "whom", not who. Just another example of that fine, first class education one can expect to receive at Ole Misery!

Landshark

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 26, 2009, 12:21:40 pm
Where does it say that Petrino was allowed to address the team, but decided not to?

All you know is that he didn't address the team.

But farmpig claimed he was not "allowed" to address the team.

I was asking for proof to back his assertion.

But rather than address the team (by choice or not) THIS is the best he could muster?

Landshark

Quote from: cbjagman on June 26, 2009, 12:26:21 pm
BTW dumbass, it's to "whom", not who. Just another example of that fine, first class education one can expect to receive at Ole Misery!

"Message board grammar smack"...that's all you got?

Just kill yourself now.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:18:23 pm

What does it matter?  The team will finish below expectations. 

Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU, and one of South Carolina/Vandy/Auburn.  I'm not sure they'll lose all those games.  But, it's definitely feasible for Ole Miss to lose 4-5 games next season, even with the high school schedule they get to play.

AckaBacka

Quote from: Sivad on June 25, 2009, 05:11:06 pm
Are they talking about that chicken dance crap he does on the sidelines?
No the "pimp limp"

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:28:26 pm

But rather than address the team (by choice or not) THIS is the best he could muster?

That is all he was allowed to do.

SemperHawg

As I stated in another thread that was also filled with Trolls....

Houston Nutt=Good but not Great

If Ole Miss is happy with that then good for them.  I for one would rather reach higher, even if it leads to failure, than to resign my aspirations to just being relevant.  Who knows, 9 or 10 years from now maybe they will feel the same in Oxford or maybe they won't.

Landshark

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 26, 2009, 12:31:29 pm
What does it matter?  The team will finish below expectations. 

Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU, and one of South Carolina/Vandy/Auburn.  I'm not sure they'll lose all those games.  But, it's definitely feasible for Ole Miss to lose 4-5 games next season, even with the high school schedule they get to play.

Before you start talking about easy schedules, your best non-conference opponent is an 8-win Troy State team...ours might be a cupcake NC schedule (thanks to our idiot AD), but yours ain't much better.

Landshark

AckaBacka

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:28:26 pm

Hey I think that note beats the hell out of the email that the Nutts wrote for Teresa to send to Mitch Mustain.  At least Petrino had the balls to sign his own name.  Just "enjoy that wonderful man while you still have him"

Also Texas aTm is a NCO.  What BCS conference opponents do you have on the slate?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:38:26 pm
Before you start talking about easy schedules, your best non-conference opponent is an 8-win Troy State team...ours might be a cupcake NC schedule (thanks to our idiot AD), but yours ain't much better.

Yes, it is, by far....

Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Troy, the mighty Rebs, Auburn.  Much, much tougher.

Landshark

Quote from: AckaBacka on June 26, 2009, 12:39:32 pm
Hey I think that note beats the hell out of the email that the Nutts wrote for Teresa to send to Mitch Mustain.  At least Petrino had the balls to sign his own name.  Just "enjoy that wonderful man while you still have him"

Also Texas aTm is a NCO.  What BCS conference opponents do you have on the slate?

TAMU won FOUR games last season...hell, Memphis is a better NCO than TAMU this year.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:39:12 pm
Prove it.

Prove otherwise. 

It doesn't specifically say it here:

http://nwanews.com/blogs/slophouse/2008/06/05/petrino-to-arkansas-how-it-really-happened/

But, it is mentioned that the Falcons scum.....I mean, owner and GM....would "fight" Petrino's decision to go back to coaching at the college level, even after they had given him their blessing just days earlier.

There's your proof.

AckaBacka

Maybe this year, but we signed a 10 year deal to play them, instead of playing mighty Memphis on a yearly basis. 

Look I am thrilled as hell to see a proud Rebels fanbase, it will make Nutts implosion so much sweeter to watch.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:42:04 pm
TAMU won FOUR games last season...hell, Memphis is a better NCO than TAMU this year.

Wow, you really are a dumbarse.  If you actually think that, you are the biggest idiot on Hogville.  And that's saying something..

SemperHawg

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:38:26 pm
Missouri State        Memphis
A&M                     Southeastern Louisiana
Troy                     UAB
Eastern Michigan     Northern Arizona

Really!?!? you come here preaching objectivity and then make this statement.

Jborohog09

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:18:23 pm

fine, here is who the webels could lose to, in my opinion. 

1. South Carolina-its a early season road game, and Hootie doesn't historically fair well in these games.
2. Alabama-The Tide have a solid D, and if they have a QB then they will beat OM.
3. Arkansas-The Hogs will be much improved and CBP wants some payback.
4. Tennessee-The Vols D is great, and if they can get their O going then get ready for the upset.
5. LSU-The Tigers should be much improved and Les Miles is getting tired to losing to Hootie.

there is a brief analysis, not a very good one, but one none the less.

Landshark

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 26, 2009, 12:44:40 pm
Wow, you really are a dumbarse.  If you actually think that, you are the biggest idiot on Hogville.  And that's saying something..

Memphis went to a bowl last year...did TAMU?

The Hogfather

June 26, 2009, 12:50:43 pm #95 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:52:17 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:49:31 pm
Memphis went to a bowl last year...did TAMU?

Luckily for us (and unluckily for you), last year's results have no effect on the upcoming season.

A&M still could've beaten Memphis last year.  Going to a bowl game from Conference USA doesn't automatically mean you can beat a team from a major conference with less wins.

Landshark

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 26, 2009, 12:43:32 pm
Prove otherwise. 

It doesn't specifically say it here:

http://nwanews.com/blogs/slophouse/2008/06/05/petrino-to-arkansas-how-it-really-happened/

But, it is mentioned that the Falcons scum.....I mean, owner and GM....would "fight" Petrino's decision to go back to coaching at the college level, even after they had given him their blessing just days earlier.

There's your proof.

So that's NOT really proof, now is it?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:51:41 pm
So that's NOT really proof, now is it?

To me it is.

Can you prove that he was allowed to address the team, but chose not to?  Nope.

Landshark

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 26, 2009, 12:48:14 pm
fine, here is who the webels could lose to, in my opinion. 

1. South Carolina-its a early season road game, and Hootie doesn't historically fair well in these games.
2. Alabama-The Tide have a solid D, and if they have a QB then they will beat OM.
3. Arkansas-The Hogs will be much improved and CBP wants some payback.
4. Tennessee-The Vols D is great, and if they can get their O going then get ready for the upset.
5. LSU-The Tigers should be much improved and Les Miles is getting tired to losing to Hootie.

there is a brief analysis, not a very good one, but one none the less.

The 2 I'm most concerned about are USC and Bama.  Thursday night games away are tough ones to win on the road.  Bama seems to have our number every year.  UT and Arky...not as concerned about.  Both are at home...both teams are still rebuilding (more so at UT than Arky).  LSU worries me, but the home-field advantage gives us a slight edge.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:56:13 pm
The 2 I'm most concerned about are USC and Bama.  Thursday night games away are tough ones to win on the road.  Bama seems to have our number every year.  UT and Arky...not as concerned about.  Both are at home...both teams are still rebuilding (more so at UT than Arky).  LSU worries me, but the home-field advantage gives us a slight edge.

This season is going to be so sweet.  I can't wait. 

Your season might taste a little more bitter than you expect.