Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do NOT look at espn dot com's section of college football today

Started by Chappeee, June 25, 2009, 01:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jborohog09

Quote from: Landshark on June 27, 2009, 06:35:33 pm
Then refrain from making inane (NOT INSANE) comments about other's spelling and English.

And by the way...the "e" in "English" SHOULD be capitalized.

And "ass hole"...that SHOULD be one word, not two.

hmmm...maybe you DO need those lessons...

;)

good god man, this a forum, so I'm not going to capitilize everything that needs to be capitiled.  and the inane thing, that was just a misread by me, I truely thought you just misspelled insane.

farmhawg

Same troll, different name. All related to motho. They defend a POS that has done numerous low class things to our football players. They will never change.

I do find it somewhat ironic that they ran off Cutcliffe and then criticize us for getting rid of motho. From what I have heard Cutcliffe was a good guy that didn't do anything other than have one losing season.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Landshark

Quote from: farmhawg on June 27, 2009, 09:58:08 pm
Same troll, different name. All related to motho. They defend a POS that has done numerous low class things to our football players. They will never change.

I do find it somewhat ironic that they ran off Cutcliffe and then criticize us for getting rid of motho. From what I have heard Cutcliffe was a good guy that didn't do anything other than have one losing season.

Uh, WRONG.  Cutcliffe was an AWFUL recruiter with assistants who were equally as bad, who refused to make changes in his coaching staff when it was obvious to everyone that the major problems were caused by his assistants.  Not to mention that he'd flirted with the Kentucky job 2 years before.

The resignation of Nutt from Arky was fueled by internet rumors, innuendo, and just flat out lies.  Cutcliffe's firing was NOT.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Landshark on June 27, 2009, 10:34:23 pm
Uh, WRONG.  Cutcliffe was an AWFUL recruiter with assistants who were equally as bad, who refused to make changes in his coaching staff when it was obvious to everyone that the major problems were caused by his assistants.  Not to mention that he'd flirted with the Kentucky job 2 years before.

The resignation of Nutt from Arky was fueled by internet rumors, innuendo, and just flat out lies.  Cutcliffe's firing was NOT.

poor recruiting classes, poor assistants who weren't let go (except when the AD forced his hand), and flirting with other jobs. Sounds pretty similar to Nutt's tenure here. But let's not look back at history, he's had one good season and a class that's good on paper (if you ignore all the obvious cracks), the man's a genius!
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Landshark

Quote from: NolanForAD on June 27, 2009, 09:51:27 pm

His recruiting class last year is RIDICULOUS.  You just can't see through his disguise of adding 13 players that will never suit up for a PRACTICE at Ole Miss.  You have been CONNED, my friend.

So, which 13 Ole Miss signees "will never suit up for a PRACTICE at Ole Miss"?  Do you REALLY know...or are you just mindlessly tossing out an arbitrary number that supports your claim?

I'm waiting for your response.

Landshark

Quote from: NolanForAD on June 27, 2009, 11:01:40 pm
How many did NOT make grades?   I believe that he signed 38 and can only take 25?   You claim to be an OLE MISS fan and don't understand my math?    PLEASE!

--Just read a few of your posts.  I'm sorry.  Didn't realize that you were mentally challenged.--

Your math is simplistic and does not take other factors involved into consideration.

I'll type S L O W L Y so you can understand:

Of the 37 (NOT 38) Ole Miss signed:

- 3-5 are sign and place
- 4-5 will greyshirt
- probably 2 will be walk-ons

That is 10-11 players that are sign and place or deferred scholarship. Take eleven from our 37 and you get 26. Assume the inevitable one or two players who simply do not show up in August and you are below 25 and one of your walk-ons gets a scholarship. Assuming that four current players leave the team after spring (which standard for every team) and you have your other walk-on covered as well as four of your greyshirts after petitioning the NCAA.

Since Arky signed only FIVE fewer than Ole Miss, using your "reasoning", does that mean that you'll have 7 who will never suit up for practice at Arky?

Landshark

Quote from: Fisticuffs on June 27, 2009, 12:49:52 pm
4 stars??? Thats awesome!

Simple truth is, Nutt is not known for bringing up above average qbs, average at best. Thats why Im saying if Snead leaves early there will be problems for Ole Miss that even the great Houston Nutt cant avoid.

But we DO have an offensive coordinator who is pretty damn good at developing QB's. 

So, as I previously stated: we'll be just fine.

rogersvillemohog

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

southeasthog

Quote from: Landshark on June 28, 2009, 12:18:00 am
But we DO have an offensive coordinator who is pretty damn good at developing QB's. 

What happens when teams come calling on Austin? Will he take another job to advance his career as a Head Coach at a smaller school or OC somewhere else? Or will he wait out Nutt for the HC job there as I have read? You better hope he waits out Nutt. If he leaves then ole Nutter will hire an OC in name only and any aggressiveness in your offense will cease to exist. He will play ball control and not to lose. You don't have to believe us but we have 10 years experience to your 1. Time will tell.   

farmhawg

Not according to your own fans...........but let me guess, you followed your friend to oxfart and don't know the history of Ole piss. Cutcliffe had a 10 win season and then  was ran out of town the following year. Sounds like ole pissy had high expectations that weren't met. You are a hypocrite.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

longtimeHogfan

June 28, 2009, 10:53:05 am #160 Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:32:10 am by longtimeHogfan
Quote from: Landshark on June 27, 2009, 10:34:23 pmThe resignation of Nutt from Arky was fueled by internet rumors, innuendo, and just flat out lies.  Cutcliffe's firing was NOT.

Uh, wrong.  Winning just 50% of your games over a ten year period had something to do with it.  That works out to be average in my book, but you'll see soon enough.  It's going to be fun to watch.

Delusions of adequacy, that's our your hootie....
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Hogs12

Quote from: farmhawg on June 27, 2009, 09:58:08 pm

I agree with this. Coach Cutcliffe had a better bowl record, is a much better person etc and was run out of Oxford. What exactly makes you think Coach Nutt will do better than Coach Cutcliffe did?

Hogs12

The first part completely sounds like Coach Nutt. He was forced to make a coaching change after the 2005 season. If he did not make the change, he was gone and enter Coach Davis. But that is a different story. Coach Nutt was/is one of the worst/laziest recruiters/talent evaluators I have ever seen. Let's see how he does in year 3/4 if he remains there( He is already looking to loaded teams to take over) if he truly is a better one.
   The firing( Coach Nutt's own brother said he was fired) was not about internet rumors, lies etc. It was because of his off-the field problems and on-field problems. I personally think it at least 3 years too late but I am very glad with Coach Petrino.

Hogs12

Quote from: Landshark on June 28, 2009, 12:18:00 am

Let's see how he does when Jevan Snead leaves and with Coach Nutt involving in the offense. Let's just say Coach Nutt's nickname here was: QB Killa. It should be very interesting to see what happens there.

razorbrass

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on June 25, 2009, 06:37:42 pm
Not necessarily...But how many times did we hear that argument while he was at Arkansas?

From the head nutt no less as he continued to throw one player after another under the bus
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

nextlevel

Raymond Cotton = Robert Johnson 2.0

Both were "duel threat" 4 star QBs. I hope Cotton has good hands, to either catch or hand off.

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

FanWithFacts

Coach Cutcliffe is a class act and a damn good coach. He should not have been fired. I hate hearing Rebel fans say that he was an awful recruiter. If it hadn't been for Coach Cut, Eli would have never played a down for the Rebs. There is no excuse for replacing Cutcliffe with Coach O.

ncnd

Quote from: nextlevel on June 28, 2009, 02:26:35 pm
Raymond Cotton = Robert Johnson 2.0

Both were "duel threat" 4 star QBs. I hope Cotton has good hands, to either catch or hand off.

So was Casey Dick