Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do NOT look at espn dot com's section of college football today

Started by Chappeee, June 25, 2009, 01:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Landshark

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 26, 2009, 12:53:11 pm
To me it is.

Can you prove that he was allowed to address the team, but chose not to?  Nope.

Back up a minute...the claim was made that he was not allowed to address the team.  I challenged that claim.  The person who made that claim failed to prove it.

Was he "allowed to address the team, but chose not to"?  I don't know, but what we DO have is a pitiful 4 sentence letter...and that's ALL we have.

Landshark

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 26, 2009, 12:58:19 pm
This season is going to be so sweet.  I can't wait. 

This is what just disturbs me about you pig fans...you're almost more concerned that Nutt fails at Ole Miss than the success of your own team.

A team of psychologists could have an absolute field day with you people.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:59:05 pm
Back up a minute...the claim was made that he was not allowed to address the team.  I challenged that claim.  The person who made that claim failed to prove it.

Was he "allowed to address the team, but chose not to"?  I don't know, but what we DO have is a pitiful 4 sentence letter...and that's ALL we have.

No, we have the word of Petrino's agent, who says that the Falcons brass were going to "fight" Petrino if he decided to leave them for Arkansas.  "Fighting", in my opinion, would be trying to make Petrino look as bad as possible.....

I'm just so glad we have him and you have our sloppy seconds.  You'll start to realize why this season.  Awesome to watch, it will be.

cbjagman

Frankly I could give a rat's a.. about the Clown Prince of Oxford. Thank goodness we no longer have to pay that idiot over a million $ to always underachieve.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:28:26 pm
But farmpig claimed he was not "allowed" to address the team.

I was asking for proof to back his assertion.

But rather than address the team (by choice or not) THIS is the best he could muster?

The team was not behind him.  He didn't owe them squat.  They were more worried about MV than playing football. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

The Hogfather

June 26, 2009, 01:07:39 pm #105 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:09:35 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 01:01:32 pm
This is what just disturbs me about you pig fans...you're almost more concerned that Nutt fails at Ole Miss than the success of your own team.

Not at all.  Just because we KNOW he will fail there and are correctly predicting he will, doesn't mean we are fixated on his failure there.  The funny part is going to be watching you Ole Miss fans, who think they're back in the '50s, when you last had success (before desegregation), start to realize your mistake of hiring another SEC program's sloppy seconds, and start to make excuses for why the team isn't living up to the expectations (just like your coach will be---injury bug, etc.).

The sweet part of the season will be Arkansas' success.  I really think we're going to be good this year and I'm glad you "aren't as worried" about Arkansas.

SemperHawg

No one is ever really going to know how it went down.  As I understand it was recommended that he not address the team in person as he had already had an altercation with Donte Hall earlier in the year that almost graduated to physical.  Hall was even quoted as saying "I wish I would see him on the street"

SemperHawg

Says the guy trolling another teams message board.

PorkSoda

You obviously don't know your history, or you would know why Arkansans despise this man.  Your AD didn't do his homework very well, or he wouldn't have touched Nutt with a 10 foot pole.  Of course 2-3 SEC wins a year is a helluva upgrade from 0-8, so I guess you got nothing to complain about.  Of course one of those wins was against OM, so you can probably count on 1-2 SEC wins a year.  Still an upgrade though.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

AckaBacka

Aren't you the one on a Razorback board talking about OUR coach?  I believe its called "projection" in psychological circles.

Landshark

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 26, 2009, 01:07:39 pm
Not at all.  Just because we KNOW he will fail there and are correctly predicting he will, doesn't mean we are fixated on his failure there.  The funny part is going to be watching you Ole Miss fans, who think they're back in the '50s, when you last had success (before desegregation), start to realize your mistake of hiring another SEC program's sloppy seconds, and start to make excuses for why the team isn't living up to the expectations (just like your coach will be---injury bug, etc.).

The sweet part of the season will be Arkansas' success.  I really think we're going to be good this year and I'm glad you "aren't as worried" about Arkansas.

That's the problem...YOU DON'T KNOW...only one person knows if Houston Nutt will succeed or fail at Ole Miss, and YOU AIN'T HIM.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 01:28:42 pm
That's the problem...YOU DON'T KNOW...only one person knows if Houston Nutt will succeed or fail at Ole Miss, and YOU AIN'T HIM.

Hide and watch, my little Landshark.

oldhawg

Houston Nutt will continue to win seven or eight games a year at Ole Miss.  He will figure out how to beat Vanderbilt and Misissippi State every year (2 wins), upset at least one other conference opponent each year (1 or 2 wins), and keep a weak non-conference schedule similar to what it is this year (automatic 4 wins). 

This will keep folks in Mississippi happy for a few years, until they want a better non-conference schedule and want to compete for an SEC championship (which should be their aspirations). 

Look at David Cutcliffe's record:
44-29 overall
25-23 conference
1 losing season (and fired)

That is what Ole Miss will get out of Nutt.  At least someone amongst the Rebels had the balls to fire Cutcliffe after his first losing season.  Arkansas hung onto Nutt for three more years beyond his first losing season, then chose to give him a 3 mil bonus to leave.

cbjagman

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 01:28:42 pm

I'm still waiting for you to back up your fat mouth with the bets I've issued. Just like a Retard fan.

porkinsons disease

Maybe he should have left in the night and had "daddy" explain his wherabouts like your hero did during his playing days.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

SemperHawg

Quote from: oldhawg on June 26, 2009, 02:00:10 pm
Houston Nutt will continue to win seven or eight games a year at Ole Miss.  He will figure out how to beat Vanderbilt and Misissippi State every year (2 wins), upset at least one other conference opponent each year (1 or 2 wins), and keep a weak non-conference schedule similar to what it is this year (automatic 4 wins). 

This will keep folks in Mississippi happy for a few years, until they want a better non-conference schedule and want to compete for an SEC championship (which should be their aspirations). 

Look at David Cutcliffe's record:
44-29 overall
25-23 conference
1 losing season (and fired)

That is what Ole Miss will get out of Nutt.  At least someone amongst the Rebels had the balls to fire Cutcliffe after his first losing season.  Arkansas hung onto Nutt for three more years beyond his first losing season, then chose to give him a 3 mil bonus to leave.
^^^this^^^

Uberanubis

What i don't understand is that land shark keeps asking about prof that CBP couldn't talk to  the team.

1) Who cares, from what i hear i wouldn't want to any ways
2) the reason he left with 3 games left IS BECAUSE THE U of A WOULDN'T LET HIM FINISH IF HE WANTED THE JOB.

so don't blame CBP for leave 3 games early when he wanted to be in the SEC.

oh and in 2-3 year when you guys hire Mahlzan as HC, you will be as upset as any hog fan
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

LBRHAWG

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 25, 2009, 10:48:15 pm
Not to mention he'll freely take credit if Snead changes a play and it works.

:razorback:   You called that play, brotha!   :razorback:
GO HOGS!

HawgNa280zx

Personally I couldn't give a rats azz about Hoot or the webels. It is so meaningless I refuse to waste another breath or thought on it. LET IT GO. No one especially an Ark fan is going to convince OM of anything, it will play itself out. What I do want to focus on is BP and the storm that's coming in the west this year...screw Ole Miss, and screw the Hoot! Let them enjoy their new pair of shoes, while they still feel and look new. BEAT GEORGIA

petrinoknowsbest

USC's Mustain Might Be Academically Ineligible
Posted by Keith Arnold on June 23, 2009, 3:01 p.m. EDT

After losing one of the most high-profile quarterbacking battles in recent memory, USC quarterback Mitch Mustain needs to resolve an academic issue that could have him ineligible for next football season.

The Los Angeles Times reports that coach Pete Carroll confirmed suspicions of Mustain's academic struggles Monday. Carroll said there was "no timeline" for Mustain to resolve the issues, and could not specify what the issues in question were.

When asked if Mustain would be eligible if USC played tomorrow, Carroll replied, "We don't have a game tomorrow."

Mustain has stated that he wouldn't transfer from USC, even if he did lose the three-way quarterbacking battle to Aaron Corp or Matt Barkley. Mustain ended the spring as the third-string quarterback for the Trojans, behind the sophomore Corp and true freshman Barkley.

Mustain, a five-star recruit out of Springdale, Arkansas, went undefeated in 8 starters as a true freshman at Arkansas. After a bizarre standoff with head coach Houston Nutt, Mustain decided to transfer to USC, where he sat out last season because of NCAA rules.

For a quarterback that successfully used the Freedom of Information Act to gain access to Nutt's cellphone records, you'd think the guy could figure out how to stay academically eligibile.

At this pace, he's going to make Brock Berlin's career look Heisman Trophy worthy

FATBACKHAWG

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 10:28:47 am
So the PREVIOUS coaching staff, you know...the one that only won a grand total of THREE conference games...had NOTHING to do with it? 

ALL Nutt's fault.

btw Jackass.

The 3 points of pressure remark was a tongue in cheek remark for those of us that have heard it for 10 years....I didn't think a socially and educationally inept fan of Ole Sis would comprehend such a remark.  Enjoy your preacher.....and do drink the kool aid when he offers it....I look for the day when I have one less hotty toddy poster on this board

Fisticuffs

Hogs will win 10 in '09. Losses will come at Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, and Baton Rouge. We will win the Outback Bowl or Chick-fil-A and win it handily. Mallett will throw for 3,500 yds. Furthermore... the hogs will be ranked top 5 preseason in '10.

Landshark

Quote from: cbjagman on June 26, 2009, 03:38:31 pm
I'm still waiting for you to back up your fat mouth with the bets I've issued. Just like a Retard fan.

Bets?  What in the hell are you talking about?

petrinoknowsbest

Quote from: HoginClinton link=topic=.msg#msg date=
So Mustain filed the FOIA. I'm glad that mystery is solved.
http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/.../uscs-mustain-might-be-academically-ineligible/

Not my quote mam.

Big Papa Satan

Pretty funny watching a fan of the Dork defend Tiger High.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Hawgon on June 26, 2009, 09:04:18 am
McCluster's fumbles were definitely Nutt's fault.  What do you expect when you put a 5'8 150 lb. midget in the Wild Hog formation and then have him run up the middle?   You can argue that McCluster was effective at times in that formation last year, and he was, but fumbles were definitely a problem all year when he got hit hard by much bigger defenders.

As a coach you have to plan for stuff like that and know better than to put a smallish player with a tendency to fumble in a goal line situation where the one thing you cannot have is a fumble just because you consider the Wild Hog to be your trademark formation.

So, yeah, McCluster's fumble was a classic Hootie move.

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 10:28:47 am
So the PREVIOUS coaching staff, you know...the one that only won a grand total of THREE conference games...had NOTHING to do with it? 

ALL Nutt's fault.

btw Jackass.

can't let a good point go unanswered. You can't blame the previous coaching staff for leaning heavily on a gimmick offense.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

FATBACKHAWG

I think that is fading...I think what we are more concerned with is Ole Miss as a whole, as they have one good season and that is all it took for them to think they own the world.  Did you ever think that having your great season that you had and yet you still didn't even win the division...

Jborohog09

I like how shark doesn't respond to good and valid points. 

FATBACKHAWG

I would just about bet that Landshark has "Bama Bangs."

Fisticuffs

I'm sure Ole Miss fans are just excited about being nationally recognized once again. There's no harm in that as long as they dont troll other fan boards. If I was an Ole Miss fan I would cherish every bit of last season and this season. Look at their team. After this year they will be one of the most depleted teams in the nation. And if Snead leaves early they might as well say good bye to life above .500.... for at least a while.

Nashville Fan

Poor MS. The higher the expected rise the futher the fall. I just hope he doesn't trash kids futures again.
Pittman or Bust!

Landshark

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 26, 2009, 11:53:36 pm
I like how shark doesn't respond to good and valid points.

Didn't you try to lay down some "spelling smack" in another thread by claiming I spelled the word "insane" wrong by using the term "inane"?

A smart person would have shut the hell up after that.

Landshark

Quote from: Fisticuffs on June 27, 2009, 12:03:41 am
After this year they will be one of the most depleted teams in the nation. And if Snead leaves early they might as well say good bye to life above .500.... for at least a while.

Will we, really?  I guess that nationally ranked recruiting class (only one spot behind the piggies) is just gonna fall apart, huh?

And if Snead leaves early, we'll be just fine.  Our #2 is pretty damn good, and we've got Raymond Cotton (4 stars) waiting in the wings.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Fisticuffs on June 27, 2009, 12:03:41 am
I'm sure Ole Miss fans are just excited about being nationally recognized once again. There's no harm in that as long as they dont troll other fan boards. If I was an Ole Miss fan I would cherish every bit of last season and this season. Look at their team. After this year they will be one of the most depleted teams in the nation. And if Snead leaves early they might as well say good bye to life above .500.... for at least a while.

Fans who troll opposing teams fan boards(like Landshark and others) are just immature children looking for arguments because they lack self esteem and positive attention(due to their lack of quality contribution) on their own boards. So, they come to other fan boards to pose arguments in order to try to reinforce their own self esteem. Like pesky gnats who contribute nothing of value to society as a whole, they are better to be ignored.
Go Hogs Go!

Landshark

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 27, 2009, 11:41:18 am
Fans who troll opposing teams fan boards(like Landshark and others) are just immature children looking for arguments because they lack self esteem and positive attention(due to their lack of quality contribution) on their own boards. So, they come to other fan boards to pose arguments in order to try to reinforce their own self esteem. Like pesky gnats who contribute nothing of value to society as a whole, they are better to be ignored.

Am I getting under your skin?  When one resorts to personal attacks on the poster in question (and you have with your post), that is almost always the case. 

So save your pseudo intellectual BS. 

ncnd

Quote from: cbjagman on June 26, 2009, 12:26:21 pm
BTW dumbass, it's to "whom", not who. Just another example of that fine, first class education one can expect to receive at Ole Misery!

Don't get too toasty, Arkansas isn't exactly a beacon of higher education, settle down

southeasthog

Quote from: cbjagman on June 26, 2009, 12:23:42 pm
I think you have the wrong name for this sight: it should the the fan with flacks!
Quote from: cbjagman on June 26, 2009, 12:26:21 pm
BTW dumbass, it's to "whom", not who. Just another example of that fine, first class education one can expect to receive at Ole Misery!
cb, I know you are just having fun with the trolls but on back to back posts. Come on. :)

Fisticuffs

Quote from: Landshark on June 27, 2009, 11:33:35 am
Will we, really?  I guess that nationally ranked recruiting class (only one spot behind the piggies) is just gonna fall apart, huh?

And if Snead leaves early, we'll be just fine.  Our #2 is pretty damn good, and we've got Raymond Cotton (4 stars) waiting in the wings.
4 stars??? Thats awesome!

Simple truth is, Nutt is not known for bringing up above average qbs, average at best. Thats why Im saying if Snead leaves early there will be problems for Ole Miss that even the great Houston Nutt cant avoid. Ole Miss loses 22 players to graduation out of their 2-deep roster. Thats not counting players that leave early for the NFL if any. So it SEEMS as though your Rebels will be very young and inexperienced (or depleted). If Houston can keep pulling in top 25 rct classes consistently (which he couldnt even do at Arkansas) than Ole Miss may enjoy a mediocre football program that has its ups and downs. But one top 20 rct class is not going to be your savior after Snead is gone.

Jborohog09

Quote from: Landshark on June 27, 2009, 11:26:57 am
Didn't you try to lay down some "spelling smack" in another thread by claiming I spelled the word "insane" wrong by using the term "inane"?

A smart person would have shut the hell up after that.

a person with a life wouldn't be going onto a opposing teams' board and talking a bunch of crap either.

and as I have said before, I don't have the freaking dictionary memorized.

Landshark

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 27, 2009, 12:50:51 pm
a person with a life wouldn't be going onto a opposing teams' board and talking a bunch of crap either.

And one who has the vocabulary of a 4th grader should refrain (that means don't do it...don't want to use a word from a part of the dictionary you haven't gotten around to memorizing yet, since you're obviously not to the letter "I" yet) from vocabulary smack. 

Just a bit of friendly advice.   ;D

cbjagman

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 27, 2009, 12:50:51 pm

You have to understand that there is no life in the Magnolia State (at least in Oxford).

Jborohog09

Quote from: Landshark on June 27, 2009, 01:27:24 pm
And one who has the vocabulary of a 4th grader should refrain (that means don't do it...don't want to use a word from a part of the dictionary you haven't gotten around to memorizing yet, since you're obviously not to the letter "I" yet) from vocabulary smack. 

Just a bit of friendly advice.   ;D

thanks for the advice, but I don't want it.  and how do I have the vocab of a 4th grader?  I didn't know that one word, big deal.

Jborohog09

Quote from: cbjagman on June 27, 2009, 01:34:56 pm
You have to understand that there is no life in the Magnolia State (at least in Oxford).

this is true.

Landshark

Quote from: Fisticuffs on June 27, 2009, 12:49:52 pm

Simple truth is, Nutt is not known for bringing up above average qbs, average at best. Thats why Im saying if Snead leaves early there will be problems for Ole Miss that even the great Houston Nutt cant avoid. Ole Miss loses 22 players to graduation out of their 2-deep roster. Thats not counting players that leave early for the NFL if any. So it SEEMS as though your Rebels will be very young and inexperienced (or depleted). If Houston can keep pulling in top 25 rct classes consistently (which he couldnt even do at Arkansas) than Ole Miss may enjoy a mediocre football program that has its ups and downs. But one top 20 rct class is not going to be your savior after Snead is gone.

You forgive me if I don't give any credence (that means     "belief as to the truth of something" Jborohog) to Pig fans predictions about the imminent failure of Houston Nutt at Ole Miss, since not a single prediction any of you have made about him has yet to come true.

When Ole Miss hired him, you said he would never win there...and he wins 9 games his first season.

You said he couldn't win bowl games...and he wins the Cotton Bowl in a massive upset of Texas Tech.

You said he'd suffer an embarrassing loss when he came to Fayetteville...and he left Fayetteville with a WIN (And please...spare me the whining about that pass interference call...it only makes you look more foolish).

You said he couldn't recruit...and he finishes with the 18th ranked (right behind you piggies) class in the nation. 

Just like the record of Arky v. Houston Nutt, you're "o-fer".  An intelligent fanbase would have seen the folly of their ways and clammed up by now.

ncnd

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 27, 2009, 11:41:18 am

I speak for myself when I say this but there are a darn ton of dirty @&$#%^ here that go troll other people's msg boards. There are posts here almost every day that say something like "Went over to Tigerboard and they were saying this" or "Went to Tigerdroppings and they did that"

Man STFU
people are ugly as hell everywhere. Just because I don't take college football seriously doesn't mean other nutjobs in this country don't.

Landshark

Quote from: ncnd on June 27, 2009, 03:03:56 pm
I speak for myself when I say this but there are a crap ton of dirty motherFrankers here that go troll other people's msg boards. There are posts here almost every day that say something like "Went over to Tigerboard and they were saying this" or "Went to Tigerdroppings and they did that"

Let me also add that since Ole Miss hired Houston Nutt that the OM boards have been rife (that means there's been a lot of them, Jborohog...I didn't misspell "ripe") with trolls.  The Rebelfaithful board (one of the smaller OM boards) alone has probably banned well over 100 posters who were nothing but trolls.  There have actually been several threads here encouraging troll-like behavior on Ole Miss boards.  This board has been the #1 producer of Arky-trolls on Ole Miss boards for well over a year and a half.

So Muskogee, understand that you're comments SHOULD be directed at your own fans more so that at the handful of Ole Miss fans that post here.

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: Landshark on June 27, 2009, 05:27:39 pm
Let me also add that since Ole Miss hired Houston Nutt that the OM boards have been rife (that means there's been a lot of them, Jborohog...I didn't misspell "ripe") with trolls.  The Rebelfaithful board (one of the smaller OM boards) alone has probably banned well over 100 posters who were nothing but trolls.  There have actually been several threads here encouraging troll-like behavior on Ole Miss boards.  This board has been the #1 producer of Arky-trolls on Ole Miss boards for well over a year and a half.

So Muskogee, understand that you're comments SHOULD be directed at your own fans more so that at the handful of Ole Miss fans that post here.

Say no to Troll.  Just because some hog fans may or may not troll makes it okay?  what a [CENSORED]

Jborohog09

Shark, I don't need spelling or english lessons from you, ass hole.

Landshark

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 27, 2009, 05:44:46 pm
Shark, I don't need spelling or english lessons from you, ass hole.

Then refrain from making inane (NOT INSANE) comments about other's spelling and English.

And by the way...the "e" in "English" SHOULD be capitalized.

And "ass hole"...that SHOULD be one word, not two.

hmmm...maybe you DO need those lessons...

;)

Smokehouse

Quote from: Landshark on June 27, 2009, 02:09:20 pm
You forgive me if I don't give any credence (that means     "belief as to the truth of something" Jborohog) to Pig fans predictions about the imminent failure of Houston Nutt at Ole Miss, since not a single prediction any of you have made about him has yet to come true.

When Ole Miss hired him, you said he would never win there...and he wins 9 games his first season.

You said he couldn't win bowl games...and he wins the Cotton Bowl in a massive upset of Texas Tech.

You said he'd suffer an embarrassing loss when he came to Fayetteville...and he left Fayetteville with a WIN (And please...spare me the whining about that pass interference call...it only makes you look more foolish).

You said he couldn't recruit...and he finishes with the 18th ranked (right behind you piggies) class in the nation. 

Just like the record of Arky v. Houston Nutt, you're "o-fer".  An intelligent fanbase would have seen the folly of their ways and clammed up by now.

actually, there were plenty on here that pointed out Nutt would probably have a good first year. He had a good first year here, too. He just can't maintain success. Again, that's been pointed out, but you apparently have much less attention for detail than you do for bickering over message board insults.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.