Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do NOT look at espn dot com's section of college football today

Started by Chappeee, June 25, 2009, 01:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chappeee

elksnort

rogersvillemohog

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

G-HOG

Chappeee

And he genuinely believes that he did nothing wrong, correct?

Jborohog09

The Hogfather

I think it is awesome.  The higher the expectations, the better.  We all know what happens when you heap high expectations on his teams...............they get the "injury bug".......every single one of them.  He's just "UNLUCKY".

elksnort

I could not read the whole article. I am not concerned for Nutt like so many others. I know the story. I know his MO and tendancies. He does more with less and then does less with more. He certainly is not a terrible coach although he has made some terrible decisions. One thing is for sure, if Nutt is bad as a head coach, what does this make Orgeron? Yeah, Orgeron got the players there, but......

This is Ole Miss' year coming up. We'll see. I think we all agree on what will likely happen. But frankly, it is not a given that we'll be any good. I'm hoping for at least 7-5 from our boys, with 8-4 being really good. I'm a 'show me' kind of person. So, I am ready to see Petrino get it done at Arkansas. Time will tell.

Again, I did not read the whole article. But I can speculate. People with egos often have a hard time admitting fault. Nutt appears to be one of these types.

Killean

I think it's fantastic.

It's a transcendent moment for Ole' Miss football.  Do they break through and become relevant or do they succumb to failure and forever resign themselves to losing in the SEC.

We've seen this before at Arkansas in 1999, only we have a stronger fundamental base to draw from.  The extremely high expectations will make the Rebel tears of failure so much sweeter.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

cosmodrum

He looks like he's threating Jevon Snead with a purple nurple if he audibles out of the smoke draw...
Go away, batin'

hoggeek

I could have gone all day without seeing that.

hammerhog

DEVICEHIGH

"Houston Nutt has brought swagger back to Ole Miss. Now the only question is if Nutt can avoid the sophomore jinx"

Sophmore jinx? I bet he has already written that one down to use someday.

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Kilgor

Ole Miss is ranked higher than Alabama and LSU.

Why do we continue to give a crap about these rankings when year in and year out a 3rd grader can tell you they are wrong?
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

PorkSoda

DH, you almost made me spit coke out my nose, and I'm not even drinking one.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

usnavyhogfan

lol we all know what happens when a nutt lead team has high expectations. they will have a decent year and find there way out of the top 25 by the end of the season
The dream is free, the journey is not.

HamHands

Good! It will look better when we beat 16 Georgia! I wish we played Ole Piss early, No way they will be that high before we get to kick their arse!
One day at a time.

Sivad

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on June 25, 2009, 03:14:00 pm

"Houston Nutt has brought swagger back to Ole Miss."

Are they talking about that chicken dance crap he does on the sidelines?

3kgthog

As Dale proved against Wake Forest and Vandy last season, he still hasn't lost that ability to completely snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Expect more of that this season now that he has pressure and expectations on him.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

no3putts

lots of post nagging other fans posting about other schools, most said not for here. This is a razorback board. How long ago was he let go. Seems like yesterday to some on here. you guys still mad over sally leaving you in 7th grade

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

farmhawg

Quote from: no3putts on June 25, 2009, 05:44:48 pm
lots of post nagging other fans posting about other schools, most said not for here. This is a razorback board. How long ago was he let go. Seems like yesterday to some on here. you guys still mad over sally leaving you in 7th grade
STFU
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Landshark

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 25, 2009, 05:11:36 pm
As Dale proved against Wake Forest and Vandy last season, he still hasn't lost that ability to completely snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Expect more of that this season now that he has pressure and expectations on him.

Wake Forest was a ranked (20th) team at the time...Ole Miss was not.  Any objective person who watched that game knows that Ole Miss played one helluva game but came up short in the end...WF had to make a field goal to win it.

But that's Houston Nutt's fault, right?

Vandy won because Dexter McCluster fumbled the ball on Vandy's 3 yd. line (the go-ahead touchdown), a missed field goal, and 4 interceptions.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: Landshark on June 25, 2009, 06:13:22 pm
Wake Forest was a ranked (20th) team at the time...Ole Miss was not.  Any objective person who watched that game knows that Ole Miss played one helluva game but came up short in the end...WF had to make a field goal to win it.

Vandy won because Dexter McCluster fumbled the ball on Vandy's 3 yd. line (the go-ahead touchdown), a missed field goal, and 4 interceptions.

Not necessarily...But how many times did we hear that argument while he was at Arkansas?

Big Papa Satan

Yes.

Now go Frank yourself.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

hawgball9401

I predict Mr. Nutt will have one more good season.  But when Jevan Snead leaves, so will OM's winning ways.

Razorvet

He will bench Snead this season. I read in Athlons SEC preview the Snead was gonna have more freedom to change plays this season. They will lose a game they shouldnt and Snead will get thrown under the bus.

hawgball9401

Quote from: Razorvet on June 25, 2009, 10:33:47 pm
He will bench Snead this season. I read in Athlons SEC preview the Snead was gonna have more freedom to change plays this season. They will lose a game they shouldnt and Snead will get thrown under the bus.

It wouldn't surprise me.........

Big Papa Satan

Not to mention he'll freely take credit if Snead changes a play and it works.

HawgNa280zx

ROFLMAO :-X

Smokehouse

yup, who was responsible for getting his team ready so the defense didn't let WF get into FG range, or get the offense ready so there's not four interceptions? Poor QB play and a botched special teams play, sounds like classic Nutt to me.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Big Papa Satan

After the upset at Florida - which Florida gave to them, Ole Dork followed it up with two losses.

Classic Nutt. 

Hogjammin

Dude we've already read the Houston Nutt novel.  Trust us it ends in failure.
You'll be back on here next season with the same excuses.  It's one thing after another.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: no3putts on June 25, 2009, 05:44:48 pm

You two deserve each other. How about you two nuttster lovers go snuggle and come up with something better.

Houston Dale Nutt lost because.... he is Houston Dale Nutt..... A horrific loser, not only on the field but off as well.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorvet

Wake Forrest has not recruited a four star player in the five years prior to the series with Ole Miss.

Yet they swept them in home and home.

Pathetic excuse for an SEC program.

Dirty

DAM IT!  I said I wanted the car fax not the car fox. 

ncnd

Nutt can't be blamed for those losses like BP can't be blamed for Kentucky.

ncnd

Quote from: Razorvet on June 25, 2009, 10:33:47 pm

Right like Wilson will overtake Mallet this season.

ncnd

Quote from: Smokehouse on June 25, 2009, 10:55:49 pm
yup, who was responsible for getting his team ready so the defense didn't let WF get into FG range, or get the offense ready so there's not four interceptions? Poor QB play and a botched special teams play, sounds like classic Nutt to me.

It poor QB coach and OC play. Kent Austin coaches the QB's and Wr's right? He is responsible for Snead. So if Mallett did bad it'd be Paul Petrino's fault, and BP's fault cuz he's known to coach QB's and call the plays.

FATBACKHAWG

It most certainly is....He didn't teach him the 3 points of pressure on the football!! 

btw idiot

George S. Pigton

The man was .500 in conf. play after 10 years.  The author of the article said he wasn't good enough to stay
at Arkansas and that is correct.  .500 in conf. wouldn't be good enough at any top 20 program in the country
but we are supposed to be okay with that.  Then you pile on all the crap with Gus and Mitch, texting and the
tv gal.  It was too much, but for me.  His record is what ultimately did him in.

Again, thank god for Mississippi!
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

DeuceHawg

ESPN does something like this every year.  It gets more attention to put some up and comer in the top of the rankings than it does to put USC and schools that are always there.  We have seen this before almost exactly in 2007 and 2008.  He will not be able to operate with the target on his back.  If he does however, we need to just be able to move on.  The important thing is that he is no longer our coach and we shouldn't really care what he does somewhere else.

longtimeHogfan

But that's Houston Nutt's fault, right? Vandy won because Dexter McCluster fumbled the ball on Vandy's 3 yd. line (the go-ahead touchdown), a missed field goal, and 4 interceptions.

Yep...And I'll bet if I tried I could find a connection between the dork and:

Global warming
Economy
The cost of gas and, maybe,
Nancy Pelosi

It's a train wreck in slow-motion and I can't wait to watch it.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

John Futrall

What do you expect from someone who's playbook is this small?

HoggieStyle

Quote from: mikeyg31 on June 26, 2009, 08:55:37 am

What do you expect from someone who's playbook is this small?

He's not referring to his playbook there....