Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any chance to get Dyer now

Started by Oliverhogman, June 20, 2009, 08:12:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MJ2

I suspect if he wanted to be a Hog, he would have already committed.   We may already know the answer but we have to keep recruiting him.

Iwastherein1969

Can someone give me a few names of top shelf Arkansas school boys that went off to another major D-1 school and really tore it up ? Damian Williams doesn't count as he was a transfer from the U of A....the only one that comes to my mind is Keith Jackson who went to OU....now I'm not talking moderate success, I'm speaking about those HS athletes from the state of Arkansas who chose not to attend the U of A and really had a great collegiate career elsewhere.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

go for the gold

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 24, 2009, 09:52:05 am
Can someone give me a few names of top shelf Arkansas school boys that went off to another major D-1 school and really tore it up ? Damian Williams doesn't count as he was a transfer from the U of A....the only one that comes to my mind is Keith Jackson who went to OU....now I'm not talking moderate success, I'm speaking about those HS athletes from the state of Arkansas who chose not to attend the U of A and really had a great collegiate career elsewhere.
Brett Helms. LSU
DeAngelo Williams. Memphis
Lee Ziemba. Auburn

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: board on June 22, 2009, 06:22:12 pm
Nope, never worked in sales. Never willing to be that full of sh1t.

And yet the highest paid employees in the world are in sales.  Six figure incomes are nice.  You should try it sometimes.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: go for the gold on June 24, 2009, 10:00:29 am
Brett Helms. LSU
Lee Ziemba. Auburn

TRAITORS!  Every Damn one of them!  Yes I know we recruit out of state but Arkansas is special.  We are a one team state and I do not see how you can possibly grow up here and not want to bleed Razorback red.  Their mommas just didn't raise them right.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

GuvHog

Quote from: go for the gold on June 24, 2009, 10:00:29 am
Brett Helms. LSU
Lee Ziemba. Auburn

I agree with Brett helms and DeAngelo Williams but Lee Ziemba???? He hasn't torn anything
up. In fact he and his Auburn offensive lineman were dominated by Arkansas' less than
stellar Defensive line last year.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 24, 2009, 09:52:05 am

Here's a few and they all played in the NFL, so they had to be pretty good in college.

Mark Bradley from Pine Bluff
Mike Cherry from Texarkana
Glen Condren from Ft. Smith
Phillip Dokes from Little Rock
Joe Dixon from Ft. Smith
William Hampton from Little Rock
Priest Holmes from Ft. Smith
Don Hutson from Pine Bluff
Trey Junkin from Conway
Ralph Neely-Little Rock
Leslie O'Neal-Little Rock
Lawrence Phillips-Little Rock
Elijah Pitts-Mayflower
Willie Roaf-Pine Bluff
Charles Stackhouse-West Memphis
Phil Tabor-Little Rock
Paul Tabor-Little Rock
Keith Traylor-Little Rock
Reggie Wilkes-Pine Bluff
DeAngelo Williams-Little Rock
Tony Woodruff-Hazen
Go Hogs Go!

go for the gold

Quote from: GUVHOG on June 24, 2009, 10:22:51 am
I agree with Brett helms and DeAngelo Williams but Lee Ziemba???? He hasn't torn anything
up. In fact he and his Auburn offensive lineman were dominated by Arkansas' less than
stellar Defensive line last year.
He started on the offensive line at an SEC school as a true freshman...he may not tear it up but that's pretty good...

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 24, 2009, 10:28:26 am
Here's a few and they all played in the NFL, so they had to be pretty good in college.

Joe Dixon from Ft. Smith
Trey Junkin from Conway
Ralph Neely-Little Rock
Elijah Pitts-Mayflower
Willie Roaf-Pine Bluff
Charles Stackhouse-West Memphis
Phil Tabor-Little Rock
Paul Tabor-Little Rock
Keith Traylor-Little Rock
Reggie Wilkes-Pine Bluff
DeAngelo Williams-Little Rock
Tony Woodruff-Hazen
thanks for the in-depth list...it was a bit more than I had expected but if I may re-word my question....how many HS players did the UA recruit and didn't get that went on to stellar careers elsewhere...my bad as I didn't form the question correctly the first time
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

go for the gold

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 24, 2009, 10:43:23 am
thanks for the in-depth list...it was a bit more than I had expected but if I may re-word my question....how many HS players did the UA recruit and didn't get that went on to stellar careers elsewhere...my bad as I didn't form the question correctly the first time
Brett Helms. LSU
Lee Ziemba. Auburn
I'm sure there are others...

SRFL

Here is an example of how NOT to post about a recruit. 

http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39166&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Whorn fans take Lache Seastrunk's aunt to task...she is having none of it (Jen Seastrunk). 

Let's be aware of what we post about these 17 year olds.  Just a PSA.

hammerhog

if the kid wants to go somewhere else let him the U f A can find another 5-something 205 lb kid with 4.5 speed i like the bigger backs

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SRFL on June 24, 2009, 11:06:30 am
Here is an example of how NOT to post about a recruit. 

http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39166&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Whorn fans take Lache Seastrunk's aunt to task...she is having none of it (Jen Seastrunk). 

Let's be aware of what we post about these 17 year olds.  Just a PSA.

Check the language on that site....Tex-Arse fans showing their class. If you were reading this as a parent, is this the type of fan you would want your kid playing for and representing? Makes me proud that we don't put up with that kind of thing here on Hogville.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggish1

Quote from: GUVHOG on June 22, 2009, 06:06:19 pm
Nolan brought it all on himself by playing the race card from day 1. I was one of Nolans biggest
supporters but like most, finally got tired of hearing him spew his racial hate and Bias. I worked
for a man for 25 years and I can tell you I didn't like the way I was treated sometimes but I
kept my mouth shut and did my job because that's what I was PAID to do. Nolan should have
done the same thing.

If Nolan should have done something, the same is true of Frank.  If one is gulty of something, so is the other. 

We know that Frank let Nutz stay here for 10 years.  I think that's all we need to know about Frank.  (Actually, Frank was the problem, don't you think?)

Hoggish1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 22, 2009, 08:14:22 pm
That's a bit over the top. I would love to see Dyer come to Arkansas and I think he might do well in Petrino's system. But on the other hand, this is an important decision for these kids and if he feels that another school is a better fit for him than Arkansas, wish him well and send him on his way. I harbor no ill feeling towards him if he wants to go to another school. Broderick Green thought that USC was a better fit for him and for whatever reason...intense competition, lack of playing time or the illness of a family member, he is back and I don't see anyone treating him as an outcast.

If Dyer wants to go somewhere else, that is his decision. We would love to have him as a member of the Arkansas family, but if he chooses to go somewhere else, it isn't as if he has become a radical and come out in support of Bin-Laden. Cut the kid some slack, he hasn't even played his senior season of football and it is a long way to February and a great deal can happen between now and then.

totally agree about Dyer making the choice he needs to make.  And with a whole year (8 months) to make his choice, I think there is way too much time left to get to exercised this early.  But for sure, he has to go where he feels most wanted and comfortable.  I think that will be Arkansas.  But if not, so be it and best wishes!

As for Green, he would have come to Arkansas had it not been for FranknNutt.  He's back isn't he?

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on June 24, 2009, 09:16:40 pm
If Nolan should have done something, the same is true of Frank.  If one is gulty of something, so is the other. 

We know that Frank let Nutz stay here for 10 years.  I think that's all we need to know about Frank.  (Actually, Frank was the problem, don't you think?)

Frank did do something. He built Nolan a brand new state of the art Basketball
palace to win a national championship in. Nolan's problems were his own, Frank
didn't cause them. Nolan just couldn't accept the fact that those were the 80's
and 90's, not the 40's and 50's. His firing was his own fault and no one elses.

Oliverhogman

Quote from: GUVHOG on June 24, 2009, 10:48:04 pm
Frank did do something. He built Nolan a brand new state of the art Basketball
palace to win a national championship in. Nolan's problems were his own, Frank
didn't cause them. Nolan just couldn't accept the fact that those were the 80's
and 90's, not the 40's and 50's. His firing was his own fault and no one elses.

Frank NEVER built jack crap.
How much did that banana nose jew donate to the cost of Bud Walton arena?
Then he turns around and screws the man family that DID donate.
yes Frank really helped us out.

If Frank could have got it done.  Why did he ask Nolan to tag along with him to the meeting with Bud Walton?

GuvHog

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 24, 2009, 11:00:41 pm

If Frank could have got it done.  Why did he ask Nolan to tag along with him to the meeting with Bud Walton?

I have no idea but the meeting was Franks idea and he arranged it. Had Frank not gone out
and beat the bushes to raise other funds, that building would not exist. Frank has done a lot
of things wrong but Firing Nolan wasn't one of them. He had it coming.

hog19911

Quote from: GUVHOG on June 24, 2009, 11:13:16 pm
I have no idea but the meeting was Franks idea and he arranged it. Had Frank not gone out
and beat the bushes to raise other funds, that building would not exist. Frank has done a lot
of things wrong but Firing Nolan wasn't one of them. He had it coming.
Thanks GUVHOG.. A voice of reason.

olivebranchhog

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 24, 2009, 11:00:41 pm

My grandfather was the lead man in the contracting of that job. He talked with Frank 3 times during the construction. Once to tell him who he was contracting the jobs to, and twice to tell him how he was getting the job done for less money and built in less time than Frank said he wanted it.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

GuvHog

Quote from: olivebranchhog on June 25, 2009, 03:17:34 am
My grandfather was the lead man in the contracting of that job. He talked with Frank 3 times during the construction. Once to tell him who he was contracting the jobs to, and twice to tell him how he was getting the job done for less money and built in less time than Frank said he wanted it.

Hats off to you Grandfather, the beauty of the Bud Walton Arena speaks well of
his skills.

CoachVisor

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 24, 2009, 10:28:26 am

Joe Dixon from Ft. Smith
Trey Junkin from Conway
Ralph Neely-Little Rock