Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any chance to get Dyer now

Started by Oliverhogman, June 20, 2009, 08:12:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliverhogman

I was in NWA this evening and overheard some people talking about a lineman that was supposed to come here.  Now they are saying that he is going to LSU camp and if offered will accept on the spot.  If that happens we would be in a better chance for Dyer.  If the lineman goes to LSU that would open up a scholarship for Dakota Mosley.

Does anyone think we have a chance with this new info coming out? 

I was not able to catch the linemans name.  But supposedly he was a "lock" for Arkansas.

Can you comment on this Wes Cravens?

Hogbody

a) why do you have auburn avatar?
b) sound like a load of junk

Oliverhogman

It COULD be a load of junk.  I am just saying what I heard. 

I told them that I would not "waste a scholarship" on Mosley to get Dyer.  I think he is overhyped and riding on Walt's skirt to get a scholarship.  He was not that good at the last school he played at. Most of his former coaches will say the same thing.  I did not follow him when he went to LRC.

NWAREDBUG

I think the lineman you are talking about is Bryan Jones from Jct. City.... he is going to LSU camp this weekend. But I dont know if it would help Mosley get a spot.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Hogbody on June 20, 2009, 08:14:44 pm
a) why do you have auburn avatar?
b) sound like a load of junk
dude is an AU fan out the kazoo....pay little to no attention to what he spews
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

NWAREDBUG

You wasted your 1000th post to tell us that... :(

Oliverhogman

Is this Jones kid another one of Walts clients?

I doubt if he was really what Petrino was looking for anyway?

athunt

They were probably referring to Jones out of Junction City who is a DEFENSIVE linemen.  Jones is quoted as saying that, but there is still hope.  I dont see Mosely getting an offer from us just to get Dyer.  I think Petrino has too good of an eye to offer someone like that and for that reason.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Hogbody

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 20, 2009, 08:25:12 pm

Do you know anything about what you are talking of?

Byran Jones is a very good, highly rated DT out of Junction City.

LSU is his favorite I believe, but I'm not sure he'll get an offer.  I hope he doesnt from them.

Oliverhogman

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 20, 2009, 08:22:57 pm
dude is an AU fan out the kazoo....pay little to no attention to what he spews

Only when they play Ole Miss, Tenn, or Alabama.   I think Auburn is going to pick up several top recruits in the near future though.

Oliverhogman

Quote from: athunt on June 20, 2009, 08:25:22 pm
They were probably referring to Jones out of Junction City who is a DEFENSIVE linemen.  Jones is quoted as saying that, but there is still hope.  I dont see Mosely getting an offer from us just to get Dyer.  I think Petrino has too good of an eye to offer someone like that and for that reason.

You are probably righ. But IF Mosley could talk Dyer into coming here. Then I would bet Petrino would use him for that purpose.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  ALL coaches do it.

athunt

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 20, 2009, 08:28:50 pm
You are probably righ. But IF Mosley could talk Dyer into coming here. Then I would bet Petrino would use him for that purpose.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  ALL coaches do it.

I think Petrino tipped his hand and his view on this subject by offering Uekman and Heffley.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on June 20, 2009, 08:24:35 pm
You wasted your 1000th post to tell us that... :(
damn, you are right...that was, as Charles Barkley says, "TURRIBLE".....my bad, i feel like i lost my virginity in a 30 second point and shoot roll in the hay

Hoggish1

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 20, 2009, 08:26:52 pm
Only when they play Ole Miss, Tenn, or Alabama.   I think Auburn is going to pick up several top recruits in the near future though.

Oliverhogscam, tell us more...

NWAREDBUG

I guess it would help to get Malzahn back on the hill... he seems to be doing good at keeping Dyers attention.

Oliverhogman

For that to happen these fools would have to admit that Frank is dead. 
As long as we can keep him "propped up" it ain't happening.
Still getting a salary. An absolute disgrace.

Oliverhogman

Heck you even got people in this town upset that Chuck Dicus got canned.
We are still trying to dig out from that hole.

NWAREDBUG

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 20, 2009, 08:25:12 pm

Jones isn't a client of Pinnacle Preps but if he was his highlight DVD would of been out quicker... the JC coaches took forever to put that thing together.  I dont get why people are so hard on Pinnacle... I think they put together a good promotion for the kids who hire them for there services. But then again I'm for every kid in Arkansas who can play to get as much exposure as possible. Its good for the state.

Oliverhogman

I am still waiting on the highlight dvd of Colt Thomas.

He is the hardest hitter on the team.

Saw him unload on a few Greenwood players last year.

I know that is not saying much though.  ;)

NWAREDBUG

You are either Colt's dad or you have got a thing going with his mother... Whats the deal?

WOODSHOG

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 20, 2009, 08:21:09 pm

I told them that I would not "waste a scholarship" on Mosley to get Dyer.  I think he is overhyped and riding on Walt's skirt to get a scholarship.  He was not that good at the last school he played at. Most of his former coaches will say the same thing.  I did not follow him when he went to LRC.

I thought his last school only had soccer ?

Oliverhogman

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on June 20, 2009, 09:29:39 pm
You are either Colt's dad or you have got a thing going with his mother... Whats the deal?

I am just trying to "pimp" the kid before anyone else can.  I was hooked after the Greenwood game. Just keep your eye on him as the year goes on.  Will knock you down then stand and smile down at you. LOL!!!

Oliverhogman

Quote from: WOODSHOG on June 20, 2009, 09:37:52 pm

I thought his last school only had soccer ?

I do not know if they played soccer or not.  He did really stand out coaching th epowder puff game his Sophomore year though.  I have to give him credit for that.

NWAREDBUG

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 20, 2009, 09:41:55 pm
I am just trying to "pimp" the kid before anyone else can.  I was hooked after the Greenwood game. Just keep your eye on him as the year goes on.  Will knock you down then stand and smile down at you. LOL!!!

That sounds more like your cell mate... Auburn lover

Oliverhogman

Look I just bring the latest news to the board that I heard at the local McDonalds.

I do not care whether you people believe it or not.

You will believe it when it happens.  Mosley is not coming here wihtout Dyer or vice versa.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 20, 2009, 09:58:44 pm
Look I just bring the latest news to the board that I heard at the local McDonalds.

I do not care whether you people believe it or not.

You will believe it when it happens.  Mosley is not coming here wihtout Dyer or vice versa.
do you actually know this or is it just speculation because i know nwaredbug has a pretty good idea what is going on with dyer.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

WOODSHOG

Mosley bleeds razorback red. He will run through the Arkansas "A" when it's all said and done, and I would be willing to bet your farm on it. Is there an IHOP where u are. Better crowd there for sure. Better info.

Oliverhogman

WHAT makes nwaredbug so reliable?

I must have missed what he brought to the table.

Follow his post and you will see that he just repeats what Walt says.

He know no more than anyone else does.

After all he is in NWA and Dyer is in Central Arkansas.  So I guess that makes nwaredbug a relaible source on Dyer.

Just wait and see who is right on this situation.

3kgthog

I think there's more fighting going on over Michael Dyer than any recruit in recent memory. Usually this stuff doesn't start until September-November.

I have no inside info at all. I'm just going to go by what Dyer has said. I think his recruitment is going to go on and on. I don't see a commitment coming before the season or during the season. If I had any money left to bet I would say we'll see something during the All-Star games after the season is over.

WOODSHOG

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 20, 2009, 11:08:26 pm
I think there's more fighting going on over Michael Dyer than any recruit in recent memory. Usually this stuff doesn't start until September-November.

I have no inside info at all. I'm just going to go by what Dyer has said. I think his recruitment is going to go on and on. I don't see a commitment coming before the season or during the season. If I had any money left to bet I would say we'll see something during the All-Star games after the season is over.

LSU's Tiger Droppings says that it's still in the running for Dyers favors.
This is getting a little redundant.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: WOODSHOG on June 20, 2009, 11:48:14 pm

LSU's Tiger Droppings says that it's still in the running for Dyers favors.
This is getting a little redundant.
this is a bit like the recruiting of Kodi Burns, many Hog fans on here were all "balled up" and worried about losing Kodi to AU...in afterthought, what would Kodi have offered this team ? where would he be playing ? do you honestly think he'd have a remote shot of beating Tyler Wilson out for the backup position ? and MUCH LESS beating Ryan Mallett out as the starter.....I say things usually work themselves out for the best....if Dyer wants to be a razorback, super duper, if he doesn't, he can go hang out at the Cow College down the road from Tuscaloosa, its just that simple

TomasPistola

Is this a sarcastic thread in homage to the thread a few days ago about the guy with MD news from "Windy's"?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

drcurly

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 21, 2009, 02:17:08 am
this is a bit like the recruiting of Kodi Burns, many Hog fans on here were all "balled up" and worried about losing Kodi to AU...in afterthought, what would Kodi have offered this team ? where would he be playing ? do you honestly think he'd have a remote shot of beating Tyler Wilson out for the backup position ? and MUCH LESS beating Ryan Mallett out as the starter.....I say things usually work themselves out for the best....if Dyer wants to be a razorback, super duper, if he doesn't, he can go hang out at the Cow College down the road from Tuscaloosa, its just that simple

Why compare Dyer to Kodi Burns?  Do you have a grudge against him personally?  While Kodi Burns has been a bust so far in his career, how is losing Lee Ziemba?  Or what if Arkansas lost McFadden to Auburn or some other school?  Why do you assume that Dyer is going to suck?  There is a reason he has offers from everywhere. 

Seriously, what's with the negativity towards the 17 year old?

ncnd

Quote from: athunt on June 20, 2009, 08:25:22 pm

I thought Brynn Jones from Junciton City, Ar was an Arkansas LOCK!! What happened brother!
Aint Petrino BUILDING THAT FENCE.................don't let go off the rope brother.!!!

Oliverhogman

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 21, 2009, 02:17:08 am

Maybe you need to talk to some college students regarding Mallett.  As for as Burns beating out Wilson? Who knows.  Lets see what Burns can do with an OC that was recruiting him in High school.
I would have taken Burns over Nathan Dick in a heartbeat.

Oliverhogman

Quote from: WOODSHOG on June 20, 2009, 10:10:51 pm
Mosley bleeds razorback red. He will run through the Arkansas "A" when it's all said and done, and I would be willing to bet your farm on it. Is there an IHOP where u are. Better crowd there for sure. Better info.

IF he runs through the "A" someone better give him a roadmap.  He might get lost half way through it. I know where this kid went to school at most of his life.
I would take that bet. But I do not live on a farm.  I am a big city feller myself.  How many people live in your podunk town?

Shouldn't you be spending more time sweeping wal-mart parking lots in Conway?
You have no idea about who is recruiting Mosley, Dyer or anyone else.

Troll?

pigzwillrise

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 21, 2009, 07:46:38 am
Maybe you need to talk to some college students regarding Mallett.  As for as Burns beating out Wilson? Who knows.  Lets see what Burns can do with an OC that was recruiting him in High school.
nathan probably is a better quarterback than burns... it goes to show ratings arent all that reliable

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

jmark

We can thank Frank, White, the DORK, the Retard, and "Sis" for Gus being at Auwburn.

Thanks Frank, White, DORK, Retard, and Sis.  Have you spent all your "going away" money?
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

jdevers

Quote from: ncnd on June 21, 2009, 05:22:05 am

I thought Brynn Jones from Junciton City, Ar was an Arkansas LOCK!! What happened brother!
Aint Petrino BUILDING THAT FENCE.................don't let go off the rope brother.!!!

The problem is that Byran lives in Louisiana and not Arkansas, he just goes to school in Junction City, AR and not LA.  Neither one of those towns is much more than a post office and both are about 70 miles closer to Baton Rouge geographically than Fayetteville and a LOT more than that culturally.

rzrbackrob

Dyer will play in his homestate most likely. Most Arkansas kids do. Being the star in a place you call home is what his heart will tell him to do. When a kid that has success at another school comes home, he is never quite accepted like the hometown hero. I've heard Keith Jackson and others talk about it many times. Keith left for what seems like good reasons, but he is now considered an outsider by many even though Arkansas is and has always been his home.
Good is the enemy of great

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 21, 2009, 07:46:38 am

Burns should be improved under Gus, but all reports I have read indicated that he failed to impress in the spring. You guys might be better off with a better pure passer at QB and putting Burns in a slot or sometimes in the backfield in a "Wild Tiger/Wild Eagle" formation. He can make plays, it is just more often with his legs than his arm, though putting him in the backfield does open up the threat of not knowing whether he will run or throw. We'll see what Gus decides to do with him.

As for Dyer...if he wants togo to Auburn, hey, that is fine. I trust our coach to bring in another great recruiting class with or without Dyer. He may be a good RB, but he isn't the only one out there and I don't care if that RB comes from Arkansas or not...I just want the best players we can get, period.
Go Hogs Go!

WOODSHOG

Oliver, since you don't have a farm to bet with, would u be willing to bet your
smokin' hot wife. Scratch that, here comes mine, gotta go.........

Erockster20

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 21, 2009, 09:27:09 am
Burns should be improved under Gus, but all reports I have read indicated that he failed to impress in the spring. You guys might be better off with a better pure passer at QB and putting Burns in a slot or sometimes in the backfield in a "Wild Tiger/Wild Eagle" formation. He can make plays, it is just more often with his legs than his arm, though putting him in the backfield does open up the threat of not knowing whether he will run or throw. We'll see what Gus decides to do with him.

As for Dyer...if he wants togo to Auburn, hey, that is fine. I trust our coach to bring in another great recruiting class with or without Dyer. He may be a good RB, but he isn't the only one out there and I don't care if that RB comes from Arkansas or not...I just want the best players we can get, period.

A million percent agree.  Why can't everyone else see this.

Earl

This is going to be a loooong off season

ruarealhogfan

Personally, I could give 2 S**** what someone with hog in their name & an Auburn avatar thinks or has to say...

keithh1999

Quote from: Erockster20 on June 21, 2009, 10:06:58 am
A million percent agree.  Why can't everyone else see this.

DITTO !! I would love for Dyer to be a HOG, but -- we are loaded at the position -- and there are others out there.
Pig Farmers are cool.

WOODSHOG

Quote from: keithh1999 on June 21, 2009, 12:09:17 pm
DITTO !! I would love for Dyer to be a HOG, but -- we are loaded at the position -- and there are others out there.

Just how are we "loaded" at the RB position?  Out of all the backs on campus, the fact is, all they are doing is keeping the position warm until MD gets there.  Explain your reasoning!  How many are/were ranked as high as Dyer?  If Dyer lived in Tx, Fla, or Cal.,  he would be the #1 recruit in the nation.  Because he is a homer, the level of respect goes down.

GuvHog

June 21, 2009, 01:13:04 pm #48 Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 01:15:41 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: WOODSHOG on June 21, 2009, 12:31:42 pm

Just how are we "loaded" at the RB position?  Out of all the backs on campus, the fact is, all they are doing is keeping the position warm until MD gets there. * Explain your reasoning!   How many are/were ranked as high as Dyer?  If Dyer lived in Tx, Fla, or Cal.,  he would be the #1 recruit in the nation.  Because he is a homer, the level of respect goes down.

*No explanation is necessary, Just keep an eye on Johnson, Curtis,
and quite possibly Wingo, Davis, and Green this year. You'll see just how
LOADED at RB the Hogs really will be in 2010. I highly respect Dyer and
want him to be a Hog. However, if he chooses to go elsewhere, the Hogs
will be more than just fine.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

dddollars

Quote from: Oliverhogman on June 20, 2009, 08:21:09 pm

this is probley like 200,000 hand...... you have no clue whats going on like the reat of us.