Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Go LSU; Beat the Longhorns!

Started by NuttinItUp, June 19, 2009, 11:09:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: LSUFan on June 22, 2009, 10:21:02 pm
Hello? Can You Hear Me Now?
Hey, Texas gave the game away in top of the 9th. It happens. LSU should be grateful that down to their last out, Texas pitching gives you a couple of walks when you had to have them...last at bat and down 2 runs. Then Texas doesn't score their man on 2nd with 1 out in bottom of 9th. Shades of VA vs. Ark.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

June 23, 2009, 07:42:40 am #101 Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:44:34 am by HoginMemphis
Quote from: Hawg2011 on June 22, 2009, 11:42:19 pm
Ugh. This is the reason LSU will never be our "rival". We'd rather an old hated enemy lose to the one that is currently right in our face talking crap and beating us.

*spits*

Exactly. Our fanbase can't get over something that ended almost 20 years ago and something that was never a big deal to the other program. It's like the Texas rivalry is only within the minds of Arkansas fans. We were never supposed to beat Texas, the primary university in a state with 10 times the population of the state of Arkansas.

You'll never hear LSU fans chanting "SEC" as some of you mention in this thread. They are all about themselves...they are bigger than any conference in their minds.

I hope Texas shames LSU the next two games.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

TNhawgfan

Ugh. This is the reason LSU will never be our "rival". We'd rather an old hated enemy lose to the one that is currently right in our face talking crap and beating us.

It takes time to establish a true rivalry. When we joined the SEC there were already established rivalries that went back a long way (OM-Miss St, Bama-Auburn, GA-FLA, etc.). LSU, imo, will be the team because of their proximity and tradition, but it's going to take years of us competing with them.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Tomhog™

Quote from: CaseyMc2 on June 20, 2009, 09:16:00 pm
This is my first post on this board. I thank whomever for allowing me to give my opinion which comes a dime a dozen. I want to say to the Arkansas baseball team congratulations on a great season, after all you finished tied for third in the nation. Who thought at the beginning of the year you would have a year like this one except the players themselves. They believed in themselves and stuck together and occomplished something that they will always remember. Only eight teams get to go every year where they went this year and this year they where one of them.
LSU has come a long way back from where we once where in the nineties. We have one man to thank for getting us to where we are and he is Skip Bertman, like him or not, he took a program that was at the bottom of the conferance for most of the years that we played baseball at LSU. LSU got to where they are by a lot of hard work by all the players that came through this University over the last 25 years. We have only been where we are for 25 years and the team that we are going to play has been here 33 times we have only been here 15 times. Texas has 5 titles and LSU has 5 titles. They have twice as many wins as LSU has at the CWS but, we still have the same amount of titles as they do. It is very seldom that a team goes to the CWS and wins it their first time out, it just does not happen. There is to much for these young men have to take-in not counting playing in front of the biggest crowds in their lives as baseball players.
LSU is a member of the SEC West just as Arkansas. I do not know about you all but I had rather see an SEC team from our Conference win a game over an out of Conference team any day. The way I look at it is this; It takes a lot of money to run a sports program at the level that we of The SEC plays, so the more games that we as a Conference win means more money in the pockets of the programs of our Conference. All the money that each team earns from games played in tournies or bowl games are divided between the 12 teams of our conference. The more teams that play in these events the more money it is to divide. We had a chance for four teams from our conference that played in Super Regionals and had a chance to go where Arkansas and LSU went. I pulled for all of us to make it so that it would have been another SEC tourney like atmosphere. But as it turned out we where the only ones to make it. I wish we could have been playing Arkansas insted of Texas but this is what we to live with. You get what I am getting at.
I believe that this year LSU is the best team in College baseball. We have won more games than anyone else has 54-16. This is a team from the best Conference in the country. We have the most great teams that plays in front of more fans every time they take the field. To me that is what makes this Conference the best in all sports is it's fans. If it was you all where we are I would be pulling for Arkansas because I believe in the SEC we are #1. I believe LSU will beat Texas because we are the best team in the best Conference and because of this is what makes the team that comes from out of this Conference the best because they had to earn it. We play the toughest teams in front of the best fans in College Athletics bar none. Thanks for allowing me to say this on a fellow SEC's fan board. I am a member of tigerdroppings.com and I see some of you all on our board. Just like all boards, you take the good with the bad. I know that I have said a lot but I am gonna end it now.
All I have to say is Go SEC! and Go LSU!

good first post

DeltaBoy

Geaux Tigers and geaux SEC.

I hate those longwhores with a passion!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorcineSublime

Truth be told, I really have a hard time mustering up hatred for Texas anymore, and I really want to beat LSU anytime we play them in any sport. Having said that, I don't know if it is because I am growing older, but I just can't feel the hate when it comes to this baseball team.  Other than the usual heat of the moment stuff, I haven't seem the Tiger baseball team act with anything but class when they play at Baum, even when they kicked our tails or we were kicking theirs. Baseball is a different animal than most of the other sports. It is still for the most part a gentleman's game.

So having said all that, I am pulling for the Tigers because they are an SEC team and because it makes us look better if the hand Texas their hineys.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

HoopS

Spit on Texas.  And show no mercy.   They wouldn't with you.   

Last night, Texas just didn't know how to finish....kinda like Southern Miss.   Choked.   Way to come in and walk the 8 and 9 hitters.  Then LSU was good enough to take advantage of it and Ott showed the sips how you finish.   S.E.C style.  Suck it, sips.

slowride

*spits*

They might be in our face and beating us.  But, they are in our conference and if they are able to go on and win the tourney it gives us something to hang our hat on.  It's a feather in our cap because we are in the same conference.  It's like we get to share a small piece of the trophy.

Smokehouse

*spits*

The important part of the rivalry is the "beating" part. We can talk up a rivalry on message boards all we want, it'll become a rivalry if we consistently compete with them in all sports.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Smokehouse

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 23, 2009, 07:42:40 am

You'll never hear LSU fans chanting "SEC" as some of you mention in this thread. They are all about themselves...they are bigger than any conference in their minds.

I didn't yesterday, but I heard plenty of SEC chants from Tiger fans when they won the BCS championship. I guess they only think they're bigger than the conference when it comes to baseball? Or maybe they're just waiting until they win the series, which is the logical thing to do (you'd look like an idiot if you did the chant and then dropped two in a row.)

I don't see how it could hurt us in any way to be in the conference that consistently wins national championships, and as such I'm going to cheer for the conference once Arkansas is out of it. To reverse the scenario, look at Ohio State losing championships in an embarrassing fashion. That put a blight on the level of competition in the Big 10, and that has an effect on the polls.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: LSUFan on June 23, 2009, 01:42:43 am
You kick our asses in FB a few more years, and you WILL be a rival!

OK, it's a deal.

LibraryHog

Quote from: Smokehouse on June 23, 2009, 10:14:12 am
I didn't yesterday, but I heard plenty of SEC chants from Tiger fans when they won the BCS championship. I guess they only think they're bigger than the conference when it comes to baseball? Or maybe they're just waiting until they win the series, which is the logical thing to do (you'd look like an idiot if you did the chant and then dropped two in a row.)

I don't see how it could hurt us in any way to be in the conference that consistently wins national championships, and as such I'm going to cheer for the conference once Arkansas is out of it. To reverse the scenario, look at Ohio State losing championships in an embarrassing fashion. That put a blight on the level of competition in the Big 10, and that has an effect on the polls.

To be honest, I don't think conferences really matter much in baseball.  It's mostly football and basketball.  No one really cares that much about college baseball, which is why no primary network will take on the College World Series.

football17

Deciding who to cheer for between LSU and Texas is like deciding between Osama bin Laden and Sadam Hussein... I hate them both... LSU's coach is a prick, Texas's coach is a prick... I won't cheer for either...

Bottom line is we need to earn the right to be a rival of LSU.  Right now they have us bested in the major sports and we and only we can do something about that.  They can't run and hide because we are conference rivals.  We must earn the right to make them fear us.  We've got it 2-0 in football recently and I think our baskerball and baseball programs are both on the rise.  We need to make them get better to stay ahead and I think we can do that.  They got us 4 of 5 in baseball this year and it wasn't a fluke.  They are much better than us right now.  They may still lose the CWS but I will still believe as I did when the CWS started that LSU is the best team there.  Funny though, I still do not believe the pitcher Coleman is as good as we made him look despite his record this year.  If we ever learn to hit we'll be a team no one wants to play.  LSU in two for the championship, I hope.

Hawgzilla

Geaux Tigers..................SEC :razorback:SEC

rzrbackrob

June 23, 2009, 04:17:18 pm #115 Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:22:02 pm by rzrbackrob
Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 23, 2009, 07:42:40 am
Exactly. Our fanbase can't get over something that ended almost 20 years ago and something that was never a big deal to the other program. It's like the Texas rivalry is only within the minds of Arkansas fans. We were never supposed to beat Texas, the primary university in a state with 10 times the population of the state of Arkansas.

I hope Texas shames LSU the next two games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H05bHQpQ8q8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc98Xf_zPEU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hM0Ns6u3BE&feature=related

What team is chanting SEC in these videos?

Good is the enemy of great

HognotinMemphis

Someone has too much spare time.

jst01

Quote from: slowride on June 23, 2009, 09:50:04 am
It's a feather in our cap because we are in the same conference.  It's like we get to share a small piece of the trophy.

thats the dumbest most [CENSORED] thing to say. We dont get to share crap with them, they smoked us.

Iwastherein1969

since the R Kansas comment by "The Hat that sits on Air" LSU has lost 2 heartbreakers to vastly inferior Arkansas football teams....coincidence ?  no damn way !  as long as "The Hat that sits on Air" is the commander in chief of the LSU Tiger football team Arkansas will have their number....Miles woke up the Indian War party that pronounced Arkansas as ahr kan saw....KARMA and the Ouachita Indians, along with Bobby Petrino will see that the mighty Hogs will dominate this series from now on...oh, LSU will win the occasional game, but the worm has turned in who dominates, thanks to "The Hat that sits on Air"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

rzrbackrob

Game 2 is in a rain delay.
Rain looks to be clearing out in the next hour.
The game is going to start too late for those of us who go to work early in the morning to see the end.

Wayne Watson

Wonder why the ESPN guys have on purple and gold ties?
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Razorvet

LSU was picked to win it preseason so if they do good for them.

Its the Hogs who were supposed to be good but not CWS great that I am proud of. 

Im ready for that back to back to back CWS run.

You cant win a NC if you dont make it to Omaha.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

rzrbackrob

Quote from: wayne1958 on June 23, 2009, 07:53:34 pm
That was close at 1st

1st base ump little richer after that call. Texa$$  :puke:

rzrbackrob

I think the Texass players are on the juice. The signs of steroids are a large head and shrunken genitalia. Sounds about right.

Hawgin84

Hawgin84

Quote from: rzrbackrob on June 23, 2009, 08:15:47 pm
I think the Texass players are on the juice. The signs of steroids are a large head and shrunken genitalia. Sounds about right.

You been checking them out?!  ;D

rzrbackrob

Quote from: Hawgin84 on June 23, 2009, 08:17:46 pm
You been checking them out?!  ;D

Nope, just heard about it from your .............  nevermind, I will not go there.   :)

Hawgin84

June 23, 2009, 08:29:34 pm #128 Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 08:31:27 pm by Hawgin84
Quote from: rzrbackrob on June 23, 2009, 08:26:50 pm
Nope, just heard about it from your .............  nevermind, I will not go there.   :)

That's ok. I appreciate the slack!  ;D Just having a good time.

rzrbackrob

Les Miles, the second best thing to happen to hog football after Bobby P.

rzrbackrob

Got to admit something is a little fishy about all these homeruns.

Rsvlhog

The Hat is giving the dork a run for his money with the texting.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

Hawgin84

Quote from: rzrbackrob on June 23, 2009, 08:36:33 pm
Got to admit something is a little fishy about all these homeruns.

They have hit a bunch of 'em.

Hawgin84

Quote from: LSUFan on June 23, 2009, 08:44:19 pm
Looks like there will be a game 3

It's just the 3rd inning. I'm not so sure yet. It depends on how LSU responds.

Hawgin84

Hawgin84

I'm surprised they didn't get that runner in from third.

Hawgin84

LSU needs to make up some runs here.

rzrbackrob

Texass 39 homers in 61 regular season games.
I've lost count, but they have like 8 in the last two games.  ???

codeHog

how did Texas score so many runs?

Texas must have some pitching staff

Hawgin84

Hawgin84

Hawgin84

Tigers need to rattle the bats now.

HognotinMemphis

If LSU doesn't win tonight, Texas will win tomorrow night. And barring a minor miracle, LSU will not win tonight! Horns!

Hawgin84

LSU needs to knock this pitcher out this inning.

2FNFST4U

I am all about Tex Ass in this series and not the bank known as L$U

Hawgin84

Quote from: LSUFan on June 23, 2009, 09:37:47 pm
LSU has scored 9,9,14, & 7

It ain't over.

Not over by a long shot. Still lots of at baseball to be played.

hawgfan80

Quote from: LSUFan on June 23, 2009, 09:50:24 pm
That was a BS call on the pop up to center.

What was BS? He left early. Close but he left early.

hog.goblin

Quote from: LSUFan on June 23, 2009, 09:50:24 pm
That was a BS call on the pop up to center.

I agree, just watched it on slow motion and his foot was coming off the bag (but still touching) as the ball was caught.  His whole body was moving forward like he had taken off, but the foot was still dragging.

Very close play.  Can't call him out there.  But that's Texas.  They get all the garbage calls.

Hawgin84

As bad as I hate to say it, I think he left early. He's out.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Hawgin84 on June 23, 2009, 09:56:23 pm
As bad as I hate to say it, I think he left early. He's out.

You have to see the slow motion - it's highly questionable that he left early.  It merely looked like it real time because his whole body was moving forward.