Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Most overrated teams in 2009 article

Started by Jborohog09, June 18, 2009, 10:30:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DEVICEHIGH

All we have to do to beat Ole Miss is to score real fast. I think that will mess them up.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Landshark

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on June 25, 2009, 04:33:25 pm
All we have to do to beat Ole Miss is to score real fast. I think that will mess them up.

Texas Tech tried that...remember how that one turned out?

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Landshark on June 25, 2009, 05:56:28 pm
Texas Tech tried that...remember how that one turned out?

We also tried it the last time we played in Oxford.

Remember how that one turned out?

Landshark

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 25, 2009, 07:09:36 pm
We also tried it the last time we played in Oxford.

Remember how that one turned out?

But that was against one of the worst Ole Miss teams of all time.  (where have we heard that one before...from pig fans pathetically attempting to minimize the Ole Miss win last year)

And remember who you coach was then?

Jborohog09

just remember who leads the all-time series.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Landshark on June 25, 2009, 07:25:25 pm
But that was against one of the worst Ole Miss teams of all time.  (where have we heard that one before...from pig fans pathetically attempting to minimize the Ole Miss win last year)

Yet it was still a blowout without the zebras screwing Ole Dork over like they did to us last year.

I'm gonna have some fun screwing with your fans when I'm in Water Valley in a month.

Landshark

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 25, 2009, 08:47:02 pm
just remember who leads the all-time series.

Only by 4 games...you can thank Ed Orgeron for that.

Razorvet

What is the deal with picking the Cotton Bowl winners as a top ten?

The Cotton bowl pits the third or fourth best B12 team against the fifth or so best SEC team.

How the hell does that equal peseason top ten?

And do you get votes for beating 2 FCS teams?

Big Papa Satan

Landshark

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 25, 2009, 08:58:07 pm
Yet it was still a blowout without the zebras screwing Ole Dork over like they did to us last year.

I'm gonna have some fun screwing with your fans when I'm in Water Valley in a month.

So let me get this straight...you're gonna "screw" with the fans of the school that beat you with your former head coach in your house last year?

The lack of any rational thought among Arky fans amazes me.

mattpod321

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Landshark

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 25, 2009, 09:36:16 pm
Gonna be five games after this year.

And if not, the lame-assed excuses will, yet again, flow like water on Hogville.

RazorBassin

Quote from: Landshark on June 25, 2009, 09:46:12 pm
And if not, the lame-assed excuses will, yet again, flow like water on Hogville.

Just promise me this, if after we beat you that you will come back and eat crow.  If OM wins, I'll do the same.  UA in a great game 28-24.

stronguard

We're good at making lame assed excuses.  We had 10 years of the best lame ass excuse making coach in the country.  He made that lame ass excuse brother, he made a lot of lame ass excuses.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

SemperHawg

Quote from: Landshark on June 25, 2009, 07:25:25 pm

typical Ole Miss Bull$hit...We beat up on you and it because it was the worst teams ever, yet you brag about barely beating one of the most talent depleted teams we've had since, well your head coach was here in 05. 

Jborohog09

June 26, 2009, 12:15:28 am #65 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:22:13 am by Jborohog09
Quote from: Landshark on June 25, 2009, 09:22:36 pm
Only by 4 games...you can thank Ed Orgeron for that.

Arkansas still leads it regardless.  btw, we blew you out 48-28 in 2002 when u had Eli.  or should I say 1-and-3li.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Landshark on June 25, 2009, 09:41:06 pm
So let me get this straight...you're gonna "screw" with the fans of the school that beat you with your former head coach in your house last year?

The lack of any rational thought among Arky fans amazes me.

All I have to do is point to that BS PI call.

Being a Dork fan is a defiance of logic anyway, so messing with you miscreants will not be hard.

Big Papa Satan

Like your lame-assed bull you're spewing on here.  No wonder that state is 50th in everything: the collective IQ there must be in the profound retardation range.

We've forgotten more about your clown of a coach than you'll ever know. 

VenturaHog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 26, 2009, 12:41:07 am
Like your lame-assed bullcrap you're spewing on here.  No wonder that state is 50th in everything: the collective IQ there must be in the profound retardation range.

We've forgotten more about your clown of a coach than you'll ever know. 

+1

hawgball9401

Quote from: FanWithFacts on June 24, 2009, 09:01:26 pm
If Ole Miss is preseason # 5 and ends the season as # 10 will you guys bash him for not living up to expectations?

If Ole Miss finishes in the top 20, my expecatations will be surpassed.

Landshark

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 26, 2009, 12:39:23 am
All I have to do is point to that BS PI call.

Oh, so you're just gonna whine like a little b!tch about a single call.  Are you going to threaten to hold your breath until you pass out, too?

Do you habitually make a fool of yourself around others, or is this occasion going to be an exception?

Jborohog09

Landshark

Quote from: NolanForAD on June 26, 2009, 01:25:34 am
Do it in 2011.  ROFLMAO

If history repeats itself (something you piggies like to talk about all the time in reference to Coach Nutt), Bobby Petrino might not even be in Arky, making the question irrelevant.

SemperHawg

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 10:20:01 am
If history repeats itself (something you piggies like to talk about all the time in reference to Coach Nutt), Bobby Petrino might not even be in Arky, making the question irrelevant.
Look man, I understand that you guys are just happy not to suck anymore.  This was much the sentiment around here after the Crow and Ford years.  The reason Nutt is so polarizing isn't for what he does in the beginning, but what he does at the end.  Lets take last season, 9 wins is a great improvement and your fans should be proud.  Did any of your fans stop to look at how Nutt's time management and stupid miss-use of his challenge late in the game cost you against Wake.  Or his play not to lose style that he employs so often in a close game or with the lead cost you against Vandy, and almost bit you on the a$$ against us.  Honestly there is no reason Ole miss should not have been a 10 maybe 11 win team last year.  That is what Nutt does, and while you don't notice now because your happy not to be losing 9 a year your fanbase, like ours did, will eventually grow tired of the ALMOST. Most here say they dislike him because he is a dork or a liar, or because he left the cupboard bare, I don't buy it. Honestly most here don't like Nutt because after 8 years of good but not great he took our 06/07 team and pissed away a legitimate shot at a BCS bowl, and I for one can't stand him for it.  Now if your fans are happy with 10 years of the "good but not great" product that Nutt will put on the field then it says quite a bit about Ole Miss as a program. 

hawgball9401

Quote from: SemperHawg on June 26, 2009, 10:58:30 am
Look man, I understand that you guys are just happy not to suck anymore.  This was much the sentiment around here after the Crow and Ford years.  The reason Nutt is so polarizing isn't for what he does in the beginning, but what he does at the end.  Lets take last season, 9 wins is a great improvement and your fans should be proud.  Did any of your fans stop to look at how Nutt's time management and stupid miss-use of his challenge late in the game cost you against Wake.  Or his play not to lose style that he employs so often in a close game or with the lead cost you against Vandy, and almost bit you on the a$$ against us.  Honestly there is no reason Ole miss should not have been a 10 maybe 11 win team last year.  That is what Nutt does, and while you don't notice now because your happy not to be losing 9 a year your fanbase, like ours did, will eventually grow tired of the ALMOST. Most here say they dislike him because he is a dork or a liar, or because he left the cupboard bare, I don't buy it. Honestly most here don't like Nutt because after 8 years of good but not great he took our 06/07 team and pissed away a legitimate shot at a BCS bowl, and I for one can't stand him for it.  Now if your fans are happy with 10 years of the "good but not great" product that Nutt will put on the field then it says quite a bit about Ole Miss as a program. 

Good points.....I always go back to his SEC and bowl game records.....

Landshark

Quote from: SemperHawg on June 26, 2009, 10:58:30 am

No, 9 wins is NOT just an "improvement"...it's a damn miracle.  Look at the previous 3 years:  Ed Orgeron nearly destroyed Ole Miss football...we were dead in the water before Houston Nutt came along.  That's what most Hog fans just refuse to see, and statements like "Ole miss should not have been a 10 maybe 11 win team last year" and "anybody could have won with Orgeron's recruits" are utterly ridiculous and ignore the reality of what Ole Miss football had become...just because you don't want to admit that Houston Nutt has done one helluva job at Ole Miss.

Landshark

Quote from: hawgball9401 on June 26, 2009, 11:03:35 am
Good points.....I always go back to his SEC and bowl game records.....

Well, at Ole Miss he's 5-3 in the SEC and 1-0 in bowl games.

Jborohog09

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 11:21:28 am
No, 9 wins is NOT just an "improvement"...it's a damn miracle.  Look at the previous 3 years:  Ed Orgeron nearly destroyed Ole Miss football...we were dead in the water before Houston Nutt came along.  That's what most Hog fans just refuse to see, and statements like "Ole miss should not have been a 10 maybe 11 win team last year" and "anybody could have won with Orgeron's recruits" are utterly ridiculous and ignore the reality of what Ole Miss football had become...just because you don't want to admit that Houston Nutt has done one helluva job at Ole Miss.

I'm sorry, but you will never convince me that he has performed some sort of miracle there.  he did what does best at OM last year, which is doing well when no one expects him to.  OM football han't become anything special.

Landshark

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 26, 2009, 11:36:29 am
I'm sorry, but you will never convince me that he has performed some sort of miracle there.  he did what does best at OM last year, which is doing well when no one expects him to.  OM football han't become anything special.

Oh, I know I wont, since your unhealthy hatred for a FOOTBALL COACH has clouded your ability to think rationally and objectively.

Landshark

elksnort

Landshark, here's my take:

I could not read the whole article. I am not concerned for Nutt like so many others. I know the story. I know his MO and tendancies. He does more with less and then does less with more. He certainly is not a terrible coach although he has made some terrible decisions. One thing is for sure, if Nutt is bad as a head coach, what does this make Orgeron? Yeah, Orgeron got the players there, but......

This is Ole Miss' year coming up. We'll see. I think we all agree on what will likely happen. But frankly, it is not a given that we'll be any good. I'm hoping for at least 7-5 from our boys, with 8-4 being really good. I'm a 'show me' kind of person. So, I am ready to see Petrino get it done at Arkansas. Time will tell.

Again, I did not read the whole article. But I can speculate. People with egos often have a hard time admitting fault. Nutt appears to be one of these types.

Jborohog09

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 11:45:28 am
Oh, I know I wont, since your unhealthy hatred for a FOOTBALL COACH has clouded your ability to think rationally and objectively.

no, I don't hate Hootie, I dislike him.  I hate OM.  and you're the one not thinking rationally, we have provided you with evidence that he is not a good coach and OM is not going to be a national power, yet your love for him has kept you from understanding this.

Landshark

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 26, 2009, 11:49:10 am
no, I don't hate Hootie, I dislike him.  I hate OM.  and you're the one not thinking rationally, we have provided you with evidence that he is not a good coach and OM is not going to be a national power, yet your love for him has kept you from understanding this.

No, you haven't.  All you've "provided" is nonobjective assessment of his performance as a football coach and (more than anything) rumor and innuendo about his personal character, most of it from an ANONYMOUSLY WRITTEN blog.

SemperHawg

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 11:21:28 am
Again I'm not saying he didn't do a good job last year,  much like I am saying he did amazing things here when he first arrived, just look at our program for the 4 or 5 years before he got here.  I'm not even going to say that anyone could have won with Orgeron's recruits because I honestly don't believe that.  If our our "unhealthy hatred" for Nutt is clouding our judgment, then your happiness to be out of the basement is clouding yours.   I don't say that as a bad thing, again I repeat, Ole Miss should be proud of the accomplishments last year, but the fact remains that your so happy to just be invited to dinner that you don't notice you could be sitting at the head table.  The similarities between his first season here and there are so close its scary.  In 98 we were just so happy that we had 9 wins and went to a bowl,  we didn't notice how much better we SHOULD have done that year.

Jborohog09

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 11:53:52 am
No, you haven't.  All you've "provided" is nonobjective assessment of his performance as a football coach and (more than anything) rumor and innuendo about his personal character, most of it from an ANONYMOUSLY WRITTEN blog.

I haven't stated anything about the mans character, but I know that he and his brother (Dickie, former Arkansas State basketball coach) are two-faced and not as holy as they appear to be.  and how is 10 YEARS of coaching at Arkansas not proof of how he operates as a football coach?

Landshark

Quote from: HoginClinton on June 26, 2009, 12:10:10 pm
The turnaround was mostly due to a much weaker schedule in 08 as opposed to 07 and Snead becoming eligible.

What made Ole Miss '08 schedule "weaker" than the '07 schedule?

So coaching had little to do with it, huh?   ???

cbjagman

June 26, 2009, 12:30:27 pm #86 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 03:35:04 pm by cbjagman
Quote from: FanWithFacts on June 25, 2009, 12:03:16 am
I read the link. The teams that were mentioned as overrated were USC, Ohio State, Bama, Ole Miss, Texas, Va Tech, Penn State, Oregon and Boise State. That's not bad company to be keeping.

Preseason rankings don't matter anyway. It's not where you start, it's where you finish. We are all undefeated right now.
Well just remember your own words at the end of the season. I'll lay a bet right now that the RETARDS will not go undefeated, but they will also NOT WIN THE SECW despite their laughable schedule.

cbjagman

June 26, 2009, 12:34:16 pm #87 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:06:52 pm by cbjagman
Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 11:53:52 am
I'll make a second bet while I'm at it: over the next five years not only will BP have a better winning % than the Hooter, but he will also have a winning record against Dale. Heck, BP has even spotted him a game. BTW the half a hundred recruits Hoot signed this year will NOT save his bacon (pun intended).

dr__dawggy

Last year these so called pundits called Georgia "overrated."

Turns out they were right.

:-[  :'(

Nice to see the Dawgs total absence from any overrated talk this year. Maybe we will sneak up on some folks.

Landshark

Quote from: cbjagman on June 26, 2009, 12:34:16 pm
  Heck, BP has even spotted him a game. 

Now you gone from inane to just plain stupid.

SemperHawg

Quote from: dr__dawggy on June 26, 2009, 12:39:55 pm
Nice to see the Dawgs total absence from any overrated talk this year. Maybe we will sneak up on some folks.
I actually agree with this, UGA has a pretty solid O-Line, even without Moreno you still have depth in the backfield, and Cox may hick-up early but will better than people think.  I hope the hogs can get on top of you guys early and steal one, UGA could be rolling by the end of the season.

Jborohog09

Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 12:46:41 pm
Now you gone from inane to just plain stupid.

you can't even spell insane, and you're calling him stupid?

dr__dawggy

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 26, 2009, 12:50:36 pm

Now that's funny right there!  +1

TomasPistola

Main Entry:
    Inane
Pronunciation:
    \i-ˈnān\
Function:
    adjective
Inflected Form(s):
    inan·er; inan·est
Etymology:
    Latin inanis
Date:

1 : empty, insubstantial 2 : lacking significance, meaning, or point : silly <inane comments>
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Landshark

in⋅ane [i-neyn]    adjective
1.    lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly: inane questions.

mo⋅ron  [mawr-on, mohr-] –noun
1.    a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

cbjagman

Dumb ASS : noun.
1. Lacking a good sense of judgement.

2. An Ole Miss fan.

pitbull1

Landshark, do you use the same name on TD??

GuvHog

Need I remind some of you people what Lanny (HSV) said about name
calling?? I'd cool it if I were where any of you.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

pitbull1

He must be, b/c he won't answer.  He tried to flame over there, but was very weak......... ;D

Jborohog09

June 26, 2009, 11:48:30 pm #99 Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:50:01 pm by Jborohog09
Quote from: Landshark on June 26, 2009, 01:07:01 pm
in⋅ane [i-neyn]    adjective
1.    lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly: inane questions.

mo⋅ron  [mawr-on, mohr-] –noun
1.    a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

I apoligize for not having the dictionary memorized.  btw, you're the moron, ASS HOLE meaning well, you're the one with all the world knowledge so I shouldn't have to tell you what it means.