Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anytime you want to explain to me what Petrino is doing in recruiting

Started by Biggus Piggus, June 15, 2009, 07:04:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleJ

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:12:30 pm
oh and espn agrees that petrino is a job hopper

LOL...I guess it must be true then.

BTW, do you know the difference between a fact and an opinion?  Just about everything you have stated is your opinion.  That doesn't mean that you are wrong, but it doesn't mean you're right either.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Country Stylz on June 16, 2009, 12:18:02 pm
I don't have to prove you wroung. Your opinions are irrelevant and have no affect on the future of the program. Petrino doesn't give two craps what you or ESPN thinks about him.
Fact

razorback44

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:16:05 pm
sloan to nebraska there is the one in the top 5 arkansas has lost and from what i was just told via  text dyer as well, who plans to announce real soon

Ok I am looking at Rivals right now and not seeing where they have listed the top 20 for 2010 yet. 

So, are we all just picking and choosing who we want in our top 5 now?
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

SRFL

Pig Daddy, please link Brady's article for me.  I want to reference the date he wrote it to some of your post history.  Can you do that?

hog19911

Quote from: razorback44 on June 16, 2009, 12:18:42 pm
Ok I am looking at Rivals right now and not seeing where they have listed the top 20 for 2010 yet. 

Rivals recently released what they call the Natural 21. This is there most recent releasing and this was the top five.
Dyer
Jones
Mack
Uekman
Mathews

Uberanubis

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:06:10 pm
petrino is a job hopper

in state talent is about to leave to include a 5 star player

coaches in arkansas feel petrino is burning bridges

OK first off, gees i swear the heat is making us all angry. 2 If you want to build a BCS Championship, YOU CANT RECRUIT THE ENTIRE STATE OF ARKANSAS, im not trying to bag on the HS athletes in Arkansas, but you will never take them to a NT. 3 BP wont be going anywhere any time soon,

A) because he finally has his dream job in the SEC, (WHICH IS WHAT HE WANTED WHEN HE LEFT THE SEC TO GO TO LOUISVILLE)
B) because of people like you! always bad mouthing him cause he left Atlanta to take his dream job. If you going to cry about CBP take your noise else where, and i don't want to hear a word about how you attitude changed when he brings us a NT, you freaking Nutt lover
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

OTTER

All my trust is in Petrino and staff at this very early point in time.  One thing for sure, this staff will not let a high school player from anywhere hold them hostage and I for one like that.  We've had enough of the tail waggin' the dog in years past.  Wanna be a Hog--great!  But you ain't dictating the conditions to us!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: razorback44 on June 16, 2009, 12:18:42 pm

you did not look hard enough

http://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2263

and

hawg sports released their natural 21 weeks ago http://www.arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=952568

so once again, someone spewed of at the mouth, not knowing facts, just because they wanted to be cool and go with the crowd on the message boards

TechHog

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:02:52 pm
it is this double standard that will keep arkansas in mediocrity.

now before i present my argument, be it known i wanted nutt gone as well.

now, my point of all of this is this. just 2 years ago nutt was bashed to no end for not being able to lock down or "build  a fence" around the state of arkansas. people here, to include some of the old timers in this thread, bashed and said you have to get the instate kids to compete and win championships in the sec.

now all of a sudden petrino is losing hold on the states top athletes, and we dont need them? why the double standard? why bash the hell out of one coach because he couldnt get instate talent, while giving the very next coach a free pass if he does not get it?

a double standard. that is the issue at hand.

The names you mentioned earlier weren't exactly the cream-of-the-crop prospects....  I'm all for letting the marginal kids leave the state.  We need to keep all the 4 and 5 stars here.  It is a honor to play college football, not a right.  If you're good enough you'll play somewhere, if not, you won't. 

razorback44

So there is an article on Scout that says Parker Mack has named his 5 favorites.  Anyone care to find out who they are to see if Arkansas made the cut?

311Hog

Opinions and "coaches told me"

DO NOT EQUAL FACTS.

If you were told something by a high school coach in Arkansas then post that coaches name and what he said, and then post your name and phone number so you can be called and the coach can be called to confirm or deny what you are claiming.

Otherwise stfu.

Look i can play this game to.

Coaches and parents of Arkansas athletes told me they love Petrino and staff and can't wait to earn an offer or come play on the Hill.

See Facts according to Pig Daddy !

razorback44

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:25:05 pm

and

hawg sports released their natural 21 weeks ago http://www.arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=952568

so once again, someone spewed of at the mouth, not knowing facts, just because they wanted to be cool and go with the crowd on the message boards

Oh I'm not on either side.  I'm just all for getting the best talent we can no matter where it comes from or who the coach is.  I just wanted to see the list that you guys kept referring to and nobodies lists match up.

hog19911

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:25:05 pm

and

I'm not sure if this is directed at me, but i put the top 5 for the natural 21 a few post above. The arkansas varsity rankings are so old and outdated there useless.

pedrothelion

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:09:44 pm
you are wrong, dead wrong
Just looking Auburn's staff their coaches (including Chizik) have changed jobs every 2.15 years.  And this is including Loller who has been at Auburn around 10-11 years.

With this information I guess we can conclude that they're coaching staff is full of dirty dirty job hopers.  Some one hurry and tell the recruits.  OMG think of the children!!!!!

SRFL

Quote from: SRFL on June 16, 2009, 12:18:51 pm
Pig Daddy, please link Brady's article for me.  I want to reference the date he wrote it to some of your post history.  Can you do that?

Find it yet?

Tomhog™

We got as big-name a coach as Arkansas could get and still some of you complain?  He and his staff works tirelessly to recruit the best in the nation to Arkansas, and still you whine.  Horton is all over every in-state recruit that has been offered, and you continue to quibble. 

Every state loses the best in-state players from time to time.  Petrino won't lose them due to being out-worked. 

hog19911

Quote from: Tomhog™ on June 16, 2009, 12:32:17 pm
We got as big-name a coach as Arkansas could get and still some of you complain?  He and his staff works tirelessly to recruit the best in the nation to Arkansas, and still you whine.  Horton is all over every in-state recruit that has been offered, and you continue to quibble. 

Every state loses the best in-state players from time to time.  Petrino won't lose them due to being out-worked.
Thank you and good post. Most in this thread have been defending Petrino.

311Hog

I fully expect to be satisfied come next Feb.  I have no reason to expect otherwise.

wholehog92

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:04:35 pm
it is the rate of time they hopped. it is the same in todays workforce for blue collar workers like you and i. if you present a man with a resume' showing a lack of ability to stay at a job due t job hoping, that will hurt you come interview time, if you even get an interview.

You know I agree with you.  Petrino has hopped so many jobs, he'll have to stay here for an eternity to build that stability into his resume. :razorback:
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Uberanubis

Quote from: Tomhog™ on June 16, 2009, 12:32:17 pm

/hug

Tom is banging the hammer on the head. What all this is boiling down to is the status of one recruit. MD.
If he goes to auburn then good for him, make the best of it. Bu tknow that there is a good chance that in the back of his mind he dosn't want to the competition, guess what folks i don't what people who cont want to compete, there is a plethora of high caliber TB at UA right now.

another thing is......has any one noticed BP dosent offer a kid with out "seeing in person" first.
tehres a good chance he is also evaluating theirpersonality, something you cant do on film.
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

wholehog92

Pig Daddy, who do you think we should have offered and what other offers do they have?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

wholehog92

Quote from: Uberanubis on June 16, 2009, 12:38:41 pm

another thing is......has any one noticed BP dosent offer a kid with out "seeing in person" first.
tehres a good chance he is also evaluating theirpersonality, something you cant do on film.

Agree with the rest of your post, but we have offers to almost 200 kids and I assure you BP has not met every one of them personally or evaluated their personality.

SRFL

Quote from: wholehog92 on June 16, 2009, 12:41:19 pm
Pig Daddy, who do you think we should have offered and what other offers do they have?

Read his post history.  He has been on this little unsubstantiated rant for a while.  March 15th was a good day.

Country Stylz

Quote from: SRFL on June 16, 2009, 12:45:40 pm
Read his post history.  He has been on this little unsubstantiated rant for a while.  March 15th was a good day.
He's really gonna throw a tantrum when Dyer signs with the Hogs in Feb.

Uberanubis

Quote from: wholehog92 on June 16, 2009, 12:43:08 pm
Agree with the rest of your post, but we have offers to almost 200 kids and I assure you BP has not met every one of them personally or evaluated their personality.

yes agreed, i will concede that for the most part, yes we have a lot of offers out with out having the face to face as i have said, but there are also a lot that have stepped in front of BP, that's what the camps are all about gives you a chance to meet and great a lot of recruits in a short amount of time, but my point was is that maybe CBP saw something in personalitys is why he offered uekman instead of Mosley

Hawgndaaz

Fact: at Petrino's signing day press conference, he stated the hogs signed EVERY in-state player they made an in-home visit to. He made it clear they got who they wanted from Arkansas.

Fact: until next national signing day, when it is ON PAPER that someone in-state signs with another school that Petrino wanted, Petrino is UNDEFEATED signing in-state talent that he wants.

Here's an opinion: The majority of fans on this forum don't care if a kids' parents/coach is offended he isn't getting enough "attention" just because he lives within the borders of our state.

Opinion: The majority are more concerned with our current coaching staff's happiness than that of parents/high school coaches within the borders of our state.

AnthroHog

Quote from: Uberanubis on June 16, 2009, 12:50:08 pm
yes agreed, i will concede that for the most part, yes we have a lot of offers out with out having the face to face as i have said, but there are also a lot that have stepped in front of BP, that's what the camps are all about gives you a chance to meet and great a lot of recruits in a short amount of time

I read somewhere that Petrino only offers in-staters after seeing them in person.  There's the Senior Camp in July for those in-state still hoping to get an offer, not to mention the entire football season.  Lots of time is left in the recruiting season and I'm already  ;D about our commitments so far.

The Hogfather

Fact:  Hefley to Arkansas!  Starting to pick up steam....

Happy Hogger

Biggus, it appears you shook the bushes to get some discussion started, since you have been conspicously absent from additional discussion, do we suppose that your post was intended to be provocative instead indication of your questioning of the recruiting efforts?

Uberanubis

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on June 16, 2009, 12:52:38 pm
Here's an opinion: The majority of fans on this forum don't care if a kids' parents/coach is offended he isn't getting enough "attention" just because he lives within the borders of our state.

Im not sure what you were getting at in this part of the post, but unfortunately we can't keep everyone happy in the state when it comes to coaches and parents. When we are trying to play at a national level, you have to recruit at a national level. Which seams to be a solid philosophy of CBP.

For those kids that feel like they are over looked go to the best place you can and one day maybe ASU will be on the up and up in the future also.

SRFL

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: AnthroHog on June 16, 2009, 12:52:49 pm
I read somewhere that Petrino only offers in-staters after seeing them in person.  There's the Senior Camp in July for those in-state still hoping to get an offer, not to mention the entire football season.  Lots of time is left in the recruiting season and I'm already  ;D about our commitments so far.

There's a big difference in a kid that is reportedly 6'3 225 with a 4.6 forty from a school in Arkansas and a kid that is reportedly 6'3 225 with a 4.6 forty from Texas... and its called credibility. It is probably safe to offer a stud from Texas, OK, etc that already has offers from their respective schools without seeing them in person... just like a school from out of state might offer one of our kids after we do.

I do not remember which coach it was, but I believe it was either Petrino or Horton on Shawn and Wally that said seeing these kids in person is a priority before they offer, because many of them tend to "shrink" by the time they get to campus.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Uberanubis on June 16, 2009, 12:59:11 pm
Im not sure what you were getting at in this part of the post, but unfortunately we can't keep everyone happy in the state when it comes to coaches and parents. When we are trying to play at a national level, you have to recruit at a national level. Which seams to be a solid philosophy of CBP.

For those kids that feel like they are over looked go to the best place you can and one day maybe ASU will be on the up and up in the future also.

+1, exactly what I was getting at.

Get the best players, whether from Fayetteville High or Alaska High, that give us the best chance to win games.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:21:21 am
it started long before louisville. go do some research it will help you.
Actually it did not.  This is just a tool those that like to slam BP use.  Come back with some facts and try to find something other than the fact that assistant coaches move around.  BP has had three stops as the head man and only two of those in the NCAA.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

codeHog

the same people that screamed about Ford and Nutt recruiting will scream about Petrino recruiting........some people just have their expectations and that is how it is

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:42:30 am
fact- petrino is a job hopper, not known for staying anywhere for any length of time

fact- brady holzhauer wrote an article a few months ago warning of the lack of recruiting in state, now the top player in the state is about to go to auburn. there is no excuse for that

fact-  high school coaches, players, and parents are getting tired of their kids getting interest from sec schools but not the in state sec school

anyone who would like to dispute my claims, please do so with factual information and not "i think you are wrong" or name calling.

Petrino a job hopper?   okay if you says so.....technically anyone who has ever changed jobs is a job hopper.  Anybody out there ever had just one job in there life?  and what does if have to do with recruiting anyway?

Brady did write an article whining about the fact Petrino hadn't offered Moseley or Johnson.  But Dyer to Auburn as a fact?.....laughable.  Verbals mean nothing and he hasn't even given that much.

Tired of kids getting interest from SEC schools and not Arkansas.....interest or offers?  Can you name one in state kid who has an offer from an SEC school who doesn't have one from Arkansas?

Petrino chose Uekeman over Moseley.. no way we take 2 TE's, Sloan...well he's only 5'9 165 and we have plenty of depth at CB with limited schollies, Johnson...he's only 6'0 and doesn't have a lot of big time offers for a reason, Eldon Thompson wants to play LB not DE however he runs a 5.1 with limited side to side mobility.  Without mentioning names, some folks are going to have a hard time qualifying so your bordline academic qualifiers aren't going to get much attention (waste of time) and even less offers.

SDZ_Hog

I trust in CBP.  No one knows more then him who fit the positions for his system the best.   It's easy to get caught up in recruiting articles but decisions based on emotions fail more than decisions based on evaluations/facts.

I want CBP here and I trust his judgment. Especially with coach Horton in the mix.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:04:35 pm
it is the rate of time they hopped. it is the same in todays workforce for blue collar workers like you and i. if you present a man with a resume' showing a lack of ability to stay at a job due t job hoping, that will hurt you come interview time, if you even get an interview.
Most people in this day and age rarely work the same job for more than 2-5 years.  A lot of things can change in 5 years.  Its not like the old days when people worked the same job for 40+ years until they retire.  Employers would be concerned if a prospective employee changed jobs every 4 months, but not every 4 years.  If you can get a good employee to stay 4-5 years, your did good.  That is just the way it is.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

stchane

Pig Daddy,

Please quit citing ESPN as a credible source.  ESPN may report on some news, but they frequently give their opinion as fact, and many are persuaded by them in that regard (sound familiar?). 

If you want to judge Petrino, or Gus Malzahn for changing jobs, why don't you ask yourself this question 1st:  Would you do the best thing for your family if you were in their shoes?  The answer to that question is yes.  If you say that you had more loyalty to your boss than to your family, then you'd just be lying, or not care that much about your family.  Its no different for them. 

I think this guy is either a disgruntled parent or player that isn't receiving enough attention from Tim Horton.  That is what is sounds like anyway.  By being more selective on who he takes from Arkansas high schools, Petrino should increase the level of play of the kids playing high school ball in the state.  If they want an offer from the Hogs, they are going to have to earn it. 

The reason for your "double standard" as you called it Pig Daddy is because Petrino never said he would "put a fence around the state," and never claimed a "national championship under construction."   He never showed his @ss.  He has come in since day 1 and handled himself in a professional manner that all of us should be proud of. 

There is no double standard that you speak of, because Petrino isn't afraid to go after the top kids in the country.  Thats why we don't have a lot of commits right now.  Nutt was scared sh!tless of competing against big name schools, and that is why we signed b and c list players.  We took them from everywhere, not just the in-state kids.  As long as Petrino is bringing in the talent it takes to win, then nobody should be complaining.  The Arkansas kids are going to have to develop themselves into that kind of talent in order to get an offer. 

Its a new age in Arkansas football, and I'm looking forward to seeing it play out. 

WPS!   :razorback:
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Huds_HawgTide

well isnt there the chance that ukeman could transistion over to o-line...and that hefley might b looked at a d-line so i think they arent done at te if that is true...i do remember a thread on here about one maybe two of the top TE's having us in there top three...and face it mosely isnt top ten or twenty in tight ends across the nation...
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

online-with-swine

If you are an assistant coach and a bigger name school comes at you with an offer then you have to take it. Otherwise, they may not come calling the next time.

Killean

Here's a fact:

Bobby Petrino has never left a college head coaching job after fewer than 4 years.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Theolesnort

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 16, 2009, 09:20:06 am
ROFL!  Intelligent response, that was not.

Let me lay out the bright orange crayon.

1. Very limited scholarships available for 2010 class.
2. First offers go to...players who could be offered in January.

Just because I asked the question doesn't make it a FULL FRONTAL ASSAULT ON ALL HOLY THINGS RAZORBACK.

It's just a question.  Where are the big name recruits?  Is Petrino unable to recruit off the A list yet?  And does anybody understand what is going on with Dyer?

When they recruit a real pro-type left offensive tackle, I'll breathe a sigh of relief.

Good lord.  I guess discussion has gone the way of the dodo around here.  Let's all bow at the altar and place our sacrifices.  Nothing but worship going on here.

The problem with answering your concern about recruiting players off the A list is that none of us exactly know who is on their A list. Neither Scout or Rivals or ESPN know. I think Petrino and company are mavericks and they march to the beat of a different drummer and what we have to say about it makes no difference. I know a couple of people that have a little insight on the inner goings on but basically the Petrino staff is pretty shut mouth about who they have rated the highest on their wish list so good luck judging how they are doing on their A list. Petrino must be taking a sound bite from the old refrain "I Did it MY Way". I don't feel qualified to judge his recruiting efforts until another year or two when we look out on the field and either look in envy or smirk at the athletes on other SEC teams. Petrino will again do it "My Way", and either we accept it or go away mad. Michael Dyer is having fun and if some naive people want to bet he winds up at Auburn then they better prepare for a financial setback because this staff has no willingness to let him get away.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Huds_HawgTide

kniles seeing your avatar reminds me i got a question...will mcfadden actually get to play this year?
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

and would you want a brandon marshall or matt jones playing for the raiders
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: Theolesnort on June 16, 2009, 02:13:11 pm
The problem with answering your concern about recruiting players off the A list is that non of us exactly know who is on their A list. Neither Scout or Rivals or ESPN know. I think Petrino and company are mavericks and they march to the beat of a different drummer and what we have to say about it makes no difference. I know a couple of people that have a little insight on the inner goings on but basically the Petrino staff is pretty shut mouth about who they have rated the highest on their wish list so good luck judging how they are doing on their A list. Petrino must be taking a sound bite from the old refrain "I Did it MY Way". I don't feel qualified to judge his recruiting efforts until another year or two when we look out on the field and either look in envy or smirk at the athletes on other SEC teams. Petrino will again do it "My Way", and either we accept it or go away mad. Michael Dyer is having fun and if some naive people want to bet he winds up at Auburn then they better prepare for a financial setback because this staff has no willingness to let him get away.

telling it like it is...nice...+1
tommy boy

pedrothelion

Quote from: KnilesKankle on June 16, 2009, 02:05:26 pm
If you are an assistant coach and a bigger name school comes at you with an offer then you have to take it. Otherwise, they may not come calling the next time.
Exactly, and I don't see how this is hard for people to understand.  I would guess that If you looked at the career path of all our assistants they would have changed jobs every 2-3 years.  Wasn't Horton an OC at Air Force for a handful of days before taking the job at AR?  McGee was the OC for a brief amount of time before taking the AR job.  Willy has a job history a mile long. 

Even the great Norm Chow has been vagabond since he left BYU.

Really the only coach that we have that has stayed in one place for any amount of time is Bobby Allen.

A majority of assistant coaches frequently change jobs.  This is irrefutable.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Filthy_McSwine on June 16, 2009, 08:34:51 am
Great post, Biggus!!!

What in the world made that a great post??

It's like asking "Do you still beat your wife?"  It's an impossible charge to respond to AT THIS TIME.

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 16, 2009, 09:20:06 am
Nothing but worship going on here.

No worship here, just common sense and a mature perspective.

1.  The team that will have the #1 class in the nation come NSD HASN'T SIGNED A SINGLE PLAYER YET!!!  A fact wrought of mature perspective.

2.  In February 2009 CBP signed the highest rated class ever to be signed here, and that was after a 5-7 season on the field and getting blown out on TV multiple times.  A fact of history.

3.  The results of this year's recruiting won't even begin to take shape until NSD, and really not even for a couple of years beyond that.  Common sense and mature perspective.

When he actually drops the ball and we sign a crappy recruiting class, then you'll have credibility to question CBP and his staff.  Until then, you have no credibility in this matter to question him.

Common sense and mature perspective -- try it sometime.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Wildhog

This time last year we had

Colby Berna 4*
Ryan Calender NR
Austin Tate NR
Turrell Williams NR

While three of those guys are instaters, we're off to a better start this year, with 6 commits (one four star, 3 three stars).  I'd imagine that as soon as Rivals updates, and our unrated commits get their stars, many will feel much better about the current situation.

So I guess if I had to explain what Petrino is doing in recruiting, I'd say he's getting better at it.

EDIT:  Forgot Winston de-committed in June. Thought it was later.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977