Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anytime you want to explain to me what Petrino is doing in recruiting

Started by Biggus Piggus, June 15, 2009, 07:04:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: Table Rocker on June 16, 2009, 11:36:56 am
Hey Pig Daddy how could they be facts if they haven't happened yet?

Incredible.

fact- petrino is a job hopper, not known for staying anywhere for any length of time

fact- brady holzhauer wrote an article a few months ago warning of the lack of recruiting in state, now the top player in the state is about to go to auburn. there is no excuse for that

fact-  high school coaches, players, and parents are getting tired of their kids getting interest from sec schools but not the in state sec school

anyone who would like to dispute my claims, please do so with factual information and not "i think you are wrong" or name calling.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:35:27 am
no i cant, as you cant prove he has. they have not touched the field yet and had the chance to prove or disprove your theory.

BS.  How many of the guys he recruited in 2008 ended up playing a significant amount last year and doing very well for freshmen?

Ignore the facts all you want.  You are wrong.

hog19911

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 16, 2009, 11:40:35 am
So you want us to offer Sprinkle (no offers, no stars), Eldon Thompson (one offer---Tulsa, 3-stars), Claude Johnson (3 offers---talk of only 2, Ole Miss, ULM, and UCA, 3-star), Wesley Grady (no stars, no offers), Courtney Haskell (no stars, no offers), and Antonio Harding (no stars, offer from Arkansas State) to IMPROVE our recruiting class and not "burn bridges" and "make these in-state coaches upset".  You really think there is NO DOUBT as to whether or not these kids will be playing in the SEC?  Why does only one of them hold an offer from an SEC school (and they're talking like he might lose his)?

I'm glad Petrino doesn't think this way.  He actually knows what he is talking about and doing.  The sky is not falling.
Actually Johnson doesn't hold an offer from Ole Miss. It was confirmed that the offer was pulled on Arkansas Varsity. I know you mentioned this, but i just wanted to let you know him not having an offer isn't a rumor it's 100 percent factual. But hey Jerry Rice dominated in the NFL, and he wasnt a big name recruit.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: SRFL on June 16, 2009, 11:42:17 am
Pig Daddy, go back to page two and define the bolded part of your post.  Prove it.

proven in bradys article a few months back when the kids themselves to include dyer said so.

hog19911

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:42:30 am
fact- petrino is a job hopper, not known for staying anywhere for any length of time

fact- brady holzhauer wrote an article a few months ago warning of the lack of recruiting in state, now the top player in the state is about to go to auburn. there is no excuse for that

fact-  high school coaches, players, and parents are getting tired of their kids getting interest from sec schools but not the in state sec school

anyone who would like to dispute my claims, please do so with factual information and not "i think you are wrong" or name calling.
How does you typing something make it anymore of a fact then when i do it?

Table Rocker

Great post on the offers Hogfather, facts are a b!tch aren't they Pig Daddy?

pedrothelion

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:37:36 am
what have i said that is half truth? if you are going to call me out, prove me wrong and have solid proof to prove your side.
You haven't stated one verifiable fact.  How about you actually back up something you say with actual verifiable information as opposed to the "my friend is prominent HS coach" crap. 

You haven't backed up your argument that BP is a job hoper with any kind of fact or rational argument.  You haven't shown who these phantom BCS schools are that recruiting all these so called SEC instate talent even though they hold no or minimal BCS offers (much less SEC offers).  All you're doing is saying things.

The Hogfather

Too bad.  Can you imagine if the high school coaches, players, and parents of recruits got to choose who gets a scholarship from Arkansas?  I bet that would be one hell of a team.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 16, 2009, 11:42:58 am
BS.  How many of the guys he recruited in 2008 ended up playing a significant amount last year and doing very well for freshmen?

Ignore the facts all you want.  You are wrong.

how many of those guys were actually recruited by the previous staff? petrino was not here long enough to claim them as his. he recruited 2 weeks, and 2 weeks is not enough to claim an entire class  as his. yes, i will agree, he got joe adams, ill give you guys that, but others were coming anyways.

SRFL

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:44:25 am
proven in bradys article a few months back when the kids themselves to include dyer said so.

OK lmao - Brady?  Really?  Do you get all of your current events from political cartoons as well?

PorkSoda

fact- petrino is a job hopper, not known for staying anywhere for any length of time so your saying if you got offered a job for 5 mil a year, you wouldn't take it?  what if a year later, your family hated it there, you wouldn't do what was right for your family?

fact- brady holzhauer wrote an article a few months ago warning of the lack of recruiting in state, now the top player in the state is about to go to auburn. there is no excuse for that about?  how many months is it to february?  do we even have an official commitment yet?

fact-  high school coaches, players, and parents are getting tired of their kids getting interest from sec schools but not the in state sec school Petrino is going to offer who he thinks can contribute, not who is going to get him the most browny points with local parents

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:46:17 am
how many of those guys were actually recruited by the previous staff? petrino was not here long enough to claim them as his. he recruited 2 weeks, and 2 weeks is not enough to claim an entire class  as his. yes, i will agree, he got joe adams, ill give you guys that, but others were coming anyways.

About 3.  Not very many committed to the previous staff.  In fact, Petrino and staff kept Tyler Wilson from going elsewhere (4-star QB) and Joe Adams from going to USC (have you ever heard of them?).

hog19911

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:46:17 am
Jericho Nelson? Tremaine Thomas? Elton Forde? Zach Stadther?

Kevin

dyer may go to auburn based on the fact we are loaded in the backfield.

sounds to me daddy your feet got stepped on by this staff, or your drinking haterade.

if him recruiting and signing big time national talent is his way of building his resume, go right ahead.  that talent will play for the hogs.

i don't care if a kid is from ark or north carolina, as long as he can help us win.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: pedrothelion on June 16, 2009, 11:45:45 am
You haven't stated one verifiable fact.  How about you actually back up something you say with actual verifiable information as opposed to the "my friend is prominent HS coach" crap. 

You haven't backed up your argument that BP is a job hoper with any kind of fact or rational argument.  You haven't shown who these phantom BCS schools are that recruiting all these so called SEC instate talent even though they hold no or minimal BCS offers (much less SEC offers).  All you're doing is saying things.

can you prove me wrong?

what is even more funny is there are about 7 people posting on this board who have first hand knowlede of this stuff. you guys always question them, without have a fricken clue of who they are. one man has been telling you about dyer for a while, and why he is not going to arkansas. when he said dyer was in his house, he was laughed at.

another poster on this board had someone argue with him about the eligibility of darius winston, the guy posted facts, only to be blasted. it comes out later that he  was a family member of darius.

so of you people may want to take a second and think.  there are people on here who are in the know of this entire situation, and trying to tell you the facts of what is going on "behind the scenes", people who are dealing with this situation first hand, and some of you want to bash them, say their thinking is messed up, etc.when in all reality, it is you people who have no fricken clue.

cbjagman

And you know for a FACT that MD is going to sign with AU or are you stating that "fact" merely based on rumors and blogs? Inquiring minds want to know of your "facts".

Country Stylz

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 16, 2009, 11:40:35 am
So you want us to offer Sprinkle (no offers, no stars), Eldon Thompson (one offer---Tulsa, 3-stars), Claude Johnson (3 offers---talk of only 2, Ole Miss, ULM, and UCA, 3-star), Wesley Grady (no stars, no offers), Courtney Haskell (no stars, no offers), and Antonio Harding (no stars, offer from Arkansas State) to IMPROVE our recruiting class and not "burn bridges" and "make these in-state coaches upset".  You really think there is NO DOUBT as to whether or not these kids will be playing in the SEC?  Why does only one of them hold an offer from an SEC school (and they're talking like he might lose his)?

I'm glad Petrino doesn't think this way.  He actually knows what he is talking about and doing.  The sky is not falling.
Well put. This post pretty much sums up it up. Pig Daddy has just been lying in wait for the first chance to criticise the coaching staff, IMO.

hog19911

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:51:17 am
can you prove me wrong?

what is even more funny is there are about 7 people posting on this board who have first hand knowlede of this stuff. you guys always question them, without have a fricken clue of who they are. one man has been telling you about dyer for a while, and why he is not going to arkansas. when he said dyer was in his house, he was laughed at.

another poster on this board had someone argue with him about the eligibility of darius winston, the guy posted facts, only to be blasted. it comes out later that he  was a family member of darius.

so of you people may want to take a second and think.  there are people on here who are in the know of this entire situation, and trying to tell you the facts of what is going on "behind the scenes", people who are dealing with this situation first hand, and some of you want to bash them, say their thinking is messed up, etc.when in all reality, it is you people who have no fricken clue.
The inability to prove someone wrong doesn't make what you said a fact. Also if Dyer leaves that sucks, but it's not the first time this state has lost it's top player and it won't be the last.
FACT. Petrino is a proven winner, and evaluator. We will win with or without Dyer.

TechHog

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:13:25 am
i have a friend who is a well known coach in arkansas he tells me that many coaches are upset over the pure lack of interest in kids who will either play for or against the hogs. what about claude johnson, aaron sprinkle, antonio harding, eldon thompson, wesley grady, courtney haskell, you know, guys we all know who can play sec  football and arkansas is not even talking to them.

sorry boys, dyer is going to auburn, parker mack is going to a  academic school, brishen matthews is going to lsu as soon as they offer, and byran jones is still not sold on the hogs. those are  pure  facts regardless if anyone wants to admit it or not.

It's this mentality that got us where we were with Nuttbag!  The best players play, regardless of what some high school coach seems to think.  I fully trust BP and staff's ability to evaluate talent and get it on campus.

DoubleJ

DoubleJ

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:34:16 am
i will agree with you on the malzahn statement as well. if he dont stay somewhere he will be labeled as well and  it will hurt him in regards to job hunting. i dont hold a double standard, i feel the same way about bobby and gus given their job hoping history.

LOL...name me some assistant coaches that don't job hop.  If assistant coaches don't job hop, they probably aren't very good.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: TechHog on June 16, 2009, 11:59:06 am

It's this mentality that got us where we were with Nuttbag!  The best players play, regardless of what some high school coach seems to think.  I fully trust BP and staff's ability to evaluate talent and get it on campus.

it is this double standard that will keep arkansas in mediocrity.

now before i present my argument, be it known i wanted nutt gone as well.

now, my point of all of this is this. just 2 years ago nutt was bashed to no end for not being able to lock down or "build  a fence" around the state of arkansas. people here, to include some of the old timers in this thread, bashed and said you have to get the instate kids to compete and win championships in the sec.

now all of a sudden petrino is losing hold on the states top athletes, and we dont need them? why the double standard? why bash the hell out of one coach because he couldnt get instate talent, while giving the very next coach a free pass if he does not get it?

a double standard. that is the issue at hand.

hog19911

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:02:52 pm
it is this double standard that will keep arkansas in mediocrity.

now before i present my argument, be it known i wanted nutt gone as well.

now, my point of all of this is this. just 2 years ago nutt was bashed to no end for not being able to lock down or "build  a fence" around the state of arkansas. people here, to include some of the old timers in this thread, bashed and said you have to get the instate kids to compete and win championships in the sec.

now all of a sudden petrino is losing hold on the states top athletes, and we dont need them? why the double standard? why bash the hell out of one coach because he couldnt get instate talent, while giving the very next coach a free pass if he does not get it?

a double standard. that is the issue at hand.
To this day Petrino has lost 2 In state athletes he offered. I believe the exact number is 19 of 21 which is higher than 90 percent.

pedrothelion

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 11:51:17 am
can you prove me wrong?

You can't even prove your self correct.  All we get is another hyperbolic, the sky is falling, ominous post.  How can I dispute anything when you given me no FACTS to dispute.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: DoubleJ on June 16, 2009, 12:00:48 pm
LOL...name me some assistant coaches that don't job hop.  If assistant coaches don't job hop, they probably aren't very good.

it is the rate of time they hopped. it is the same in todays workforce for blue collar workers like you and i. if you present a man with a resume' showing a lack of ability to stay at a job due t job hoping, that will hurt you come interview time, if you even get an interview.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: pedrothelion on June 16, 2009, 12:04:11 pm
You can't even prove your self correct.  All we get is another hyperbolic, the sky is falling, ominous post.  How can I dispute anything when you given me no FACTS to dispute.

petrino is a job hopper

in state talent is about to leave to include a 5 star player

coaches in arkansas feel petrino is burning bridges

hog19911

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:04:35 pm
it is the rate of time they hopped. it is the same in todays workforce for blue collar workers like you and i. if you present a man with a resume' showing a lack of ability to stay at a job due t job hoping, that will hurt you come interview time, if you even get an interview.
The two names that have been mentioned in this thread are Petrino and Malzahn.
FACT. It has clearly not hurt either one of them.

Country Stylz

Quote from: hog19911 on June 16, 2009, 12:04:08 pm
To this day Petrino has lost 2 In state athletes he offered. I believe the exact number is 19 of 21 which is higher than 90 percent.
Pig Daddy? Your thoughts?

hog19911

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:06:10 pm
petrino is a job hopper

These are not proven facts.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: hog19911 on June 16, 2009, 12:04:08 pm

and at this current point in time, he is on track to lose the top 5 in state players of the 2010 class, and has already lost 1 of them

pedrothelion

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:04:35 pm
LOL.  Pick nearly any assistant coach in the country. Almost all of them change jobs every 2-3 years.  Comparing a football coach with a blue collar worker is laughably ignorant.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: hog19911 on June 16, 2009, 12:07:39 pm
These are not proven facts.

are they not, or do you just not know they have been proven? prove me wrong, with, well, facts.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: pedrothelion on June 16, 2009, 12:08:02 pm
LOL.  Pick nearly any assistant coach in the country. Almost all of them change jobs every 2-3 years.  Comparing a football coach with a blue collar worker is laughably ignorant.

you are wrong, dead wrong

Country Stylz

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:06:10 pm
petrino is a job hopper

These are not facts. These are opinions.

hog19911

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:07:40 pm
and at this current point in time, he is on track to lose the top 5 in state players of the 2010 class, and has already lost 1 of them
Thats a joke.I think Garret Uekeman is a top five on rivals (feel free to prove me wrong), and we have a very good chance with Jones, Mathews, Mack and i don't think it's over with Dyer. It's a long time until february. You wanted facts and i posted Facts. And what on earth makes you think were on track to lose Jones? From everything i have read the staff is all over him.

hog19911

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:09:00 pm
are they not, or do you just not know they have been proven? prove me wrong, with, well, facts.
Prove them to be correct.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:07:40 pm
Who have we lost? Was there an early signing period?

pedrothelion

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:09:00 pm
The burden of proof is on you as you're the one making accusations.  If mods backed you up that would be one thing, but as far most of us are concerned you could be a 15 year old girl from Brooklyn.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: Country Stylz on June 16, 2009, 12:10:04 pm
These are not facts. These are opinions.

prove me wrong. how do you know they are not facts? have you talked to the kids? have you talked to the coaches? oh and espn agrees that petrino is a job hopper

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: hog19911 on June 16, 2009, 12:11:18 pm
Prove them to be correct.

you are the one saying i am wrong. if you are going to say i am wrong then prove me wrong. but given your statement  i just quoted shows me you have no clue what you are talking about, have no insight on this matter, and just want to argue. you have no factual basis to prove your  side

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: pedrothelion on June 16, 2009, 12:12:21 pm
The burden of proof is on you as you're the one making accusations.  If mods backed you up that would be one thing, but as far most of us are concerned you could be a 15 year old girl from Brooklyn.

just because the mods back or dont back someone does not mean nothing. not all of the mods are in the know. not allof the mods are insiders

razorback44

Has rivals even put out their list of top players in the state?
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

hog19911

Quote from: Country Stylz on June 16, 2009, 12:12:14 pm
1.Dyer. Well he may be right, but it's a long time until signing day. I wouldn't bet against Dyer being a hog in the end.
2.Jones. From all reports i've read the staff is all over him, and we have a great shot.
3.Mack. He is very smart, and may pick an Ivy League school. However it's anybody's guess at this point.
4.Mathews. Won't get the LSU offer i'd be shocked if he doesnt end up a  hog
5.Uekman. Razorback Commit.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:12:30 pm
prove me wrong. how do you know they are not facts? have you talked to the kids? have you talked to the coaches? oh and espn agrees that petrino is a job hopper

They also thought that Oklahoma, CSF, and Florida State were better baseball teams than Arkansas.  What was our record against those teams this year?

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: Country Stylz on June 16, 2009, 12:12:14 pm

sloan to nebraska there is the one in the top 5 arkansas has lost and from what i was just told via  text dyer as well, who plans to announce real soon

hog19911

If ESPN was always right Les Miles would be the head coach at Michigan right now.

TrumannRazorback24

I don't understand how so many people can go off on this claim.  Why should a player, his parents, and even his coach have the right to hold a coach ransom for an offer just because they're from Arkansas?  How stupid is it than an Arkansas offer is *expected* and is not treated as a privelege?

Sorry, let's not go for the players that our coach feels can help us win the SEC; let's go for the in-state players so it will make them happy.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: razorback44 on June 16, 2009, 12:14:59 pm
Has rivals even put out their list of top players in the state?

yes i saw someone mention arkansas varsity earlier here is their top 5

Michael Dyer    RB    5-9    220    Little Rock Christian
Anterio Sloan   CB   5-10   165   West Helena
Byran Jones   DT   6-3   320   Junction City
Claude Johnson   QB   6-1   192   Pine Bluff
Parker Mack   OG   6-5   305   Pulaski Academy

as stated sloan is gone hewill sign with nebraska and dyer is very close to committing to auburn

Country Stylz

I don't have to prove you wrong  Your opinions are irrelevant and have no affect on the future of the program. Petrino doesn't give two craps about  what you or ESPN thinks about him.

hog19911

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on June 16, 2009, 12:16:05 pm
sloan to nebraska there is the one in the top 5 arkansas has lost and from what i was just told via  text dyer as well, who plans to announce real soon
Sloan is not a top five player on Scout or Rivals.