Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buffs didn't beat out the Hogs for the SF/SG recruit...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 29, 2009, 11:52:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

You guys are so quick to be negative...just Think for a second how a recruit goes from a Arkansas lean all but committed to Colorado?   

It should be pretty easy to figure out their must be some good news concerning (academic's) a former Blue-Devil.   
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Hogfather

jry04

The Hogfather

jry04

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 29, 2009, 12:10:04 pm
West Memphis Blue Devils
I am an idiot. I was thinking Duke. That is why I was so confused.

COCHISE

HoopS

lately, signs are pointing towards Jason Henry "getting right" and if we have Henry, we didn't have room or need Relphorde.

PigWig

Henry >>>> Relphorde

In fact, Henry > any returning player aside from MW

This is good news.

kingofdequeen

Darren DeLoach

i hope coach pel catches a few breaks and this thing works out for him. this is his make or break year. and he probably needs a tourney invite to save his job. but, it will require a lot of "ifs" (players being disciplined, eligible, and playing to their full ability) for coach to win enough to make the field of 65.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

linze82

smite me bishes

The_Iceman

chiefsfan

Quote from: semohawg on April 29, 2009, 12:32:39 pm
i hope coach pel catches a few breaks and this thing works out for him. this is his make or break year. and he probably needs a tourney invite to save his job. but, it will require a lot of "ifs" (players being disciplined, eligible, and playing to their full ability) for coach to win enough to make the field of 65.

he doesnt need a tourney invite to save his job.   but he does need to have a team that at least is compettive in the SEC and can make a tourney push perhaps
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

3kgthog

Which begs the question, was he in class the previous days? I almost wish we had host parents like they do at the Air Force Academy. Having seen the practice in person I can say it keeps kids focused and gives them a real home away from home. Lord knows we've had players that could've used an outside party instead of a coach to get through their issues.

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: chiefsfan on April 29, 2009, 01:18:20 pm
he doesnt need a tourney invite to save his job.   but he does need to have a team that at least is compettive in the SEC and can make a tourney push perhaps

Correct, as was saw this past season, you can go 10-6 in the SEC & still not make the dance...

SultanofSwine

Class isnt the only off the court issue that needs to be cleaned up but I pulling for Pel there too.

pitbull1

Hope he gets his head together!  He needs to get his mind on basketball rather than screwing up.

HamShank

I wasn't being negative.  I simply stated that IF a program like Colorado truly beat us out for a b-ball recruit, it's a bad sign.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 29, 2009, 11:52:05 am
You guys are so quick to be negative...just Think for a second how a recruit goes from a Arkansas lean all but committed to Colorado?  

It should be pretty easy to figure out their must be some good news concerning (academic's) a former Blue-Devil.  

no, that's not it
[CENSORED]!

WMHawgfan

Biggus Piggus

Stewie is suggesting that the Razorbacks don't have room for another signee, when they do.
[CENSORED]!

Porkatarian

Once again Biggus is right on the money. Our coaches really wanted Relphorde.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

WMHawgfan

think he may be partially right. If Henry looks good to come back that probably weighed on Marcus's decision. would be crowded at the 3 spot for a guy with only 2 years of eligibility.

Hogbody

But is that room in the form of henry or someone else?

Biggus Piggus

http://www.timescall.com/sports_story.asp?id=15877

"I just felt like I was the most comfortable with their coaching staff," Relphorde said in a phone interview Tuesday night. "Me and coach (Jeff) Bzdelik have a pretty good relationship, and it's real good to come right in and play for a coach that has coached in the NBA.

"My visit went well. I fit in with the team. With the pieces they've signed, I think we're headed in the right direction next year."

[CENSORED]!

The_Bionic_Pig

ar Bordo[I he
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 29, 2009, 02:32:16 pm
Stewie is suggesting that the Razorbacks don't have room for another signee, when they do.

I hear the coaches never seriously considered prep school for Bordon unless he wasn't going to qualify, Powell just needs to raise his ACT and Farmer is on course as well as Henry after showing some improvement in the class room, but BP may still be right on the money concerning Relph...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 29, 2009, 02:41:55 pm
http://www.timescall.com/sports_story.asp?id=15877

"I just felt like I was the most comfortable with their coaching staff," Relphorde said in a phone interview Tuesday night. "Me and coach (Jeff) Bzdelik have a pretty good relationship, and it's real good to come right in and play for a coach that has coached in the NBA.

"My visit went well. I fit in with the team. With the pieces they've signed, I think we're headed in the right direction next year."

Translated "I didn't want to have to sit around & wait for 3 more weeks just to see if a scholarship opened up at Arkansas."

athunt

Im not sure why everybody is so worried about Henry.  He theoretically has 2 semesters to get his grades up.  Most athletes up here go both summer sessions (6 hours a session) and if he was inelidgble for the first semester next season I dont think it would be that big of a deal.  If he wants to leave or is kicked off for some reason, thats understandable.  But simply because he has bad grades is not grounds for leaving the team.  There are plenty of students up here that are far worse off than Jason Henry, and they arent going here for free.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

WMHawgfan

I don't think grades or ability are what worry people most about Henry. It seems every time he has had a chance to make a bad decision he has taken it. Really hope he gets his head on straight.

heathtits

April 29, 2009, 03:32:09 pm #29 Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:35:41 pm by heathtits
Quote from: ruarealhogfan on April 29, 2009, 02:58:24 pm
Translated "I didn't want to have to sit around & wait for 3 more weeks just to see if a scholarship opened up at Arkansas."

Wrong, they would not have him visit if they didn't have a plan for getting him on the team. You're usually dead on, but don't be so naive. So we brought him all the way here to tell him "maybe" you'll have a spot, we'll let u know in 3 weeks? Our coaches were absolutely ready for him to commit.

Listen to Porkatarian, what little inside info I have from my pops, we wanted Relphorde badly and were more than willing to make room for him.

We got beat out, just the same as Walton, just the same as many other recruits. I'm not going to dwell on it anymore, and I'm happy with our other guys, but making delusional circumstances up to defend us losing a recruit belittles our program and pride.

And Stewie, how often have we seen a "heavy arkansas lean" only to go completely AWOL directly after their visit to our campus? I'd say its much easier to believe, judging by earlier events, that he just didn't like it here that much.

yraciv

Quote from: athunt on April 29, 2009, 03:05:10 pm
Im not sure why everybody is so worried about Henry.  He theoretically has 2 semesters to get his grades up.  Most athletes up here go both summer sessions (6 hours a session) and if he was inelidgble for the first semester next season I dont think it would be that big of a deal.  If he wants to leave or is kicked off for some reason, thats understandable.  But simply because he has bad grades is not grounds for leaving the team.  There are plenty of students up here that are far worse off than Jason Henry, and they arent going here for free.

Not to mention the summer class is probably something like Criminal Justice or Wellness.  I took both as an elective, and I'm pretty sure if you just show up you can get a B.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: heathtits on April 29, 2009, 03:32:09 pm
And Stewie, how often have we seen a "heavy arkansas lean" only to go completely AWOL directly after their visit to our campus? I'd say its much easier to believe, judging by earlier events, that he just didn't like it here that much.

Who else has this happened to? It didn't happen to Bryant or Powell.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

yraciv

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on April 29, 2009, 02:58:24 pm
Translated "I didn't want to have to sit around & wait for 3 more weeks just to see if playing time opened up at Arkansas."

He had a scholarship if he wanted it.  Seeing as he was in the Jason Henry, Jemal Farmer position,  he would have definately been seeing less minutes then he liked.

heathtits

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 29, 2009, 03:36:35 pm
Who else has this happened to? It didn't happen to Bryant or Powell.

See Jeremy Adams and Rico Pickett. Also understand I wasn't bashing Pelphrey or staff on that part.

That came strictly down to current players on our team. That's more or less what I meant with Relphorde. Whatever it was he didn't like or feel comfortable with, it had nothing to do with not, or possibly not having a spot I assure you.

He's not a make or break guy, so why not except reality and move on?

heathtits

Quote from: yraciv on April 29, 2009, 03:38:41 pm
He had a scholarship if he wanted it.  Seeing as he was in the Jason Henry, Jemal Farmer position,  he would have definately been seeing less minutes then he liked.

Much more valid point. Thank you for not conjuring up some ridiculous scenario on why he didn't choose us.

Hogbody

Quote from: heathtits on April 29, 2009, 03:42:15 pm
See Jeremy Adams and Rico Pickett. Also understand I wasn't bashing Pelphrey or staff on that part.

That came strictly down to current players on our team. That's more or less what I meant with Relphorde. Whatever it was he didn't like or feel comfortable with, it had nothing to do with not, or possibly not having a spot I assure you.

He's not a make or break guy, so why not except reality and move on?

I have a feeling that Pickett wouldnt wasnt a loss for us.

heathtits

Quote from: Hogbody on April 29, 2009, 03:46:50 pm
I have a feeling that Pickett wouldnt wasnt a loss for us.

You know I've refrained from opinions as of late and I will continue to do so. I wasn't evaluating the result or effect of losing him, just saying he was heavily interested, visited, and then went AWOL.

Again, I'm not talking about the coaches here either.

Dropkick

Quote from: heathtits on April 29, 2009, 03:58:17 pm
You know I've refrained from opinions as of late and I will continue to do so. I wasn't evaluating the result or effect of losing him, just saying he was heavily interested, visited, and then went AWOL.

I think you are showing great restraint. A fine example you are setting. I'd +1 you if only it were possible.

heathtits

Quote from: Dropkick on April 29, 2009, 04:05:18 pm
I think you are showing great restraint. A fine example you are setting. I'd +1 you if only it were possible.

Being sarcastic? If not glad someone noticed. I had to swallow my pride for the good of Jump Ball. Oh wait...

Dropkick

Quote from: heathtits on April 29, 2009, 04:25:27 pm
Being sarcastic? If not glad someone noticed. I had to swallow my pride for the good of Jump Ball. Oh wait...
No sarcasm. Kudos to you my friend.

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: heathtits on April 29, 2009, 03:32:09 pm
Wrong, they would not have him visit if they didn't have a plan for getting him on the team. You're usually dead on, but don't be so naive. So we brought him all the way here to tell him "maybe" you'll have a spot, we'll let u know in 3 weeks? Our coaches were absolutely ready for him to commit.

Listen to Porkatarian, what little inside info I have from my pops, we wanted Relphorde badly and were more than willing to make room for him.

We got beat out, just the same as Walton, just the same as many other recruits. I'm not going to dwell on it anymore, and I'm happy with our other guys, but making delusional circumstances up to defend us losing a recruit belittles our program and pride.

Of the 13 current players on scholarship or who are already signed, whose scholarship could he have taken at this point & time?  Washington doesn't go to Draft camp until the end of May, Henry, Powell & Borden we wont know about for awhile. I'm not saying we didn't want the kid, I know we did, hell I would have liked to have had him, I'm saying looking at all that from his point of view quite possibly could have made Colorado alot more attractive...

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: heathtits on April 29, 2009, 03:58:17 pm

Your refrain has not gone unnoticed, but you were one that, although you disagreed with some of us, had rational explanations & facts to back up your points, as did Oliver Miller, where are ya big guy? There can't be that much going on with the Mets...

Hogeyeblind

Quote from: Porkatarian on April 29, 2009, 02:32:43 pm
Once again Biggus is right on the money. Our coaches really wanted Relphorde.

Porkatarian out...

Pork - did you hear "the coach" Ron Crawford say on DTS today that it was a blessing that Relphorde is not coming here and when pressed by Rick and Randy he said "because he can't play"

Beaverfever

Quote from: Hogeyeblind on April 29, 2009, 06:22:50 pm
Pork - did you hear "the coach" Ron Crawford say on DTS today that it was a blessing that Relphorde is not coming here and when pressed by Rick and Randy he said "because he can't play"
lmao did he really say that?  Hillarious

Hogeyeblind

Quote from: Beaverfever on April 29, 2009, 06:38:07 pm
lmao did he really say that?  Hillarious

Yep - and he also said he wont last a year at Colorado

The Hogfather

Quote from: Tomhog™ on April 29, 2009, 08:29:37 pm
So if Ron doesn't think he is high major quality, why was Pel and staff pursuing him?

In case Henry wasn't going to be back?

JIHawg

So if Ron doesn't think he is high major quality, why was Pel and staff pursuing him?

He was just a two star after all. 

HawgAdvocate

Depth, versatility, & size for his position? The guy only had two years to play.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12