Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Merged: All Chizik to Auburn Threads

Started by iseeredpeople, December 13, 2008, 01:46:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

donewithdale

Iowa St is one of the worst jobs in college football.  Recruiting base is near nothing and they split what is there with Iowa and Nebraska comes over into Iowa as well when there is actually a player worth recruiting.  Difficult to judge a coach based on Iowa St. 

Chizik will just be there while Saban is at Bama.  Neither will be at their jobs too long.  Auburn may make one more coaching change before Saban gets bored and looks for another project. 

If Chizik can hire a good staff, Auburn will be average and competitive.  They just won't be the upper tier threat they were under Tommy many seasons. 

songofthesword

where exactly is saban going? they are in the process of replacing bear bryants statue right now.

donewithdale

Quote from: songofthesword on December 13, 2008, 03:14:18 pm
where exactly is saban going? they are in the process of replacing bear bryants statue right now.

He won't be at Bama 10 seasons.  He'll win his championship, put Bama into the elite and move on. 

RD

As seen in Auburn this morning

WMHawgfan

Quote from: hog_fan on December 13, 2008, 03:07:04 pm
Your a loser who is now pissed no one brought it up
nah, I am not pissed. My comment was made with the utmost sarcasm. I personally could care less who his OC is going to be. My point was that we usually can't have a thread about a coaching search or open OC position without some on here bringing up Gus as the perfect candidate.

I guess it was me that pissed in your cheerios this morning huh?

songofthesword

Quote from: donewithdale on December 13, 2008, 03:15:54 pm
He won't be at Bama 10 seasons.  He'll win his championship, put Bama into the elite and move on. 

move on WHERE?!

he's not going back to the NFL

Bama when right is argubly the best job in college football.

it would not shock me int he least bit to see saban hit 6 figure.

songofthesword

when threads go bad

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=3596207&p=1

this is the funniest crap i've read all day

donewithdale

Quote from: WMHawgfan on December 13, 2008, 03:19:59 pm
nah, I am not pissed. My comment was made with the utmost sarcasm. I personally could care less who his OC is going to be. My point was that we usually can't have a thread about a coaching search or open OC position without some on here bringing up Gus as the perfect candidate.

I guess it was me that pissed in your cheerios this morning huh?

I thought the same thing about Gus not being brought up yet.  I wasn't going to mention it though like you because it was pleasant not having to read it. 

donewithdale

Quote from: songofthesword on December 13, 2008, 03:21:14 pm
move on WHERE?!

he's not going back to the NFL

Bama when right is argubly the best job in college football.

it would not shock me int he least bit to see saban hit 6 figure.

6 figure what?

HOGINTENNESSEE

The guy is a good def. Cor. but he has shown nothing as a head coach.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Best lines from Auburn message board so far:

1.  "I haven't been this disappointed since picking up a crossdresser."
2.  "I feel like Michael when Toby came back"  got to be an Office fan to appreciate this one.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

SuckingSow

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/12/so_what_do_you_think_of_gene_c.html

The posters are just besides themselves over on this site.  The onsite poll is overwhelmingly against Chizik.

RazorNoles

I like the post on one of the Auburn boards that said....."we got rid of the guy that was #2 on Coaches Hot Seat and replaced him with the guy that was #3"

Justifiable Hogicide

Does not seem like a smart trade for Tuberville.

HawgnCorona

oh well doesnt appear that Awwbunn done themselves any favors with that hire...but it only matters if you are a fan of theres.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

stronguard

WTG Aubie!!!!!

I absolutely love this hire.  Best thing they've done since Terry Bowden.  There's nothing like the jubilation that comes with hirng an also ran who couldn't cut it in the Big XII north. 

Its about time Auburn slithered back into their rightful place, near the bottom of the SEC year getting b*tch slapped by Bama and the rest of the conference on a weekly basis. 

It's a great day to be an Iowa State Cyclone fan.  I'm sure that load Acri is fired up about this chain of events.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

OTTER

Thank you Auburn for taking yourselves out of the SEC West race and the SEC Championship race for, oh, let's see----The next 10 years!!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

songofthesword

no, see you don't udnerstand.

this guy could not a lion to a stampede of 3 legged zebra's.

alabama is going to have it's pick over a talent filled state. if it was n't bad eough all ready. it was in the best interest of the SEC for auburn to get a good coach. i'd rather play a great bama team and a good auburn team than a bad auburn team and a USC 05 type Bama team year in and year out

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: iseeredpeople on December 13, 2008, 02:04:32 pm
Just for fun if you want to see what a meltdown (of the non financial variety) looks like:

http://auburn.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=884&fid=423

seriously, just go peek. it will make your day. if you really want to piss them off post a congratulatory message on their new hire.

you have to be a member to read......
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

HawgnCorona

Quote from: SuckingSow on December 13, 2008, 03:52:15 pm
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/12/so_what_do_you_think_of_gene_c.html

The posters are just besides themselves over on this site.  The onsite poll is overwhelmingly against Chizik.

so let the existential meltdown begin...at awwbunn that is.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

GuvHog

ESPN confirms Chizik to Auburn is now official.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Beaverfever

LMAO....I hope this goes through. 

Pork-n-Boots

This hire is wonderful news for the Hogs and all SEC western division schools. They'll battle MSU for cellar-dwellar status in the division.

stronguard

Iowa State fans are taking to the streets in triumphant rejoice!  They are mostly thrilled to be getting rid of Cheeze-it!

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=pluckcomments&key=20081213.desmoinesregister.D281213006.article.SPORTS020602&s=d

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

stronguard

farmhawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 13, 2008, 02:53:28 pm
Can you imagine the Iowa St. AD?  Probably had a hard time keeping a straight face when Aub AD called and asked for permission.  I can see him drinking a coke or coffee at his desk and then doing a spit take and thinking "Are you freaking serious, hey I better act like we want to keep him to make them more interested"  "Err well I don't know he's doing such a great job here.  Well I've never been one to hold a coach back, I guess you can talk to him."

Then his call to their Prez.

ISU AD:  "You are not going to believe this Auburn wants to interview Chizik?"
ISU Prez:  "Yeah, yeah sure, very funny"
ISU AD:  "No, I'm serious and I think they want him"
ISU Prez:  "Well act like we really like what his doing here"
ISU AD:  "I did and they took the bait"
ISU Prez:  "Hot damn we must be living right to have this taken care of for us.  Maybe they really do marry their cousins down there"
ISU AD:  "Now we can go after a real coach.  There are alot of proven HC's out there wanting a step up"
ISU Prez:  "Call Gill, I'm sure he's ready to prove Auburn and Nebraska wrong"
ISU AD:  "Will do right after Jethro takes Chizik off our hands"
That's some funny Chit!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

opineonswine

Talk about stepping in it.  WOW!!

farmhawg

ESPN will start to destroy us over the next few days.Normally I dont care what the media thinks about AU.This time the beating will be deserved.Thank you JJ.
with this hire we are the laughing stock of the country and Bammers are still rejoicing.The media will chase off top recruits for years.The local press(save Goldberg) is already in Bammers pocket,they will destroy us.Again chasing away home state recriuts.We are facing a uphill battle to be a great program with the BOT and JJ.
JJ do whats best for AU,resign and take Chizik with you.

LMAO!!!!!

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HamHands

Iowa State needs to turn around and hire Turner Gill as their coach. That would be an upgrade for them.
One day at a time.

Topcat

Quote from: songofthesword on December 13, 2008, 02:34:41 pm
I just chizik!

seriously,  10 year contract at $3.2M a year, $5M signing bonus, and buyout that is larger than CTT
Auburn will pay Chizik more than Petrino makes? You've got to be kidding. OMG.

san1981

I like this post...

Hey Elmo2,  STFU punk. I'm an Auburn student. Come see me today old man and I'll give you an attitude adjustment.

san1981

and the follow up

Put your money where your dumbass mouth is elmo2. Meet me at the Lowe's parking lot on Exit #51. 2:00.

Ex-Trumpet

Iowa State has a football team?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

go hogues

What the ??? 
I guess it makes sense though.  No good coach in their right mind would want that job.  Auburn, meet cellar. 
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

SRFL

Jacobs HAS to be getting kickbacks from Sexton.  Has to be.  No other explanation lol

songofthesword

Iowa State

Ronald mcDonald

they just cannot be taken seriousliy.

idiotghos

To the people who say that it's a mistake to hire him over Gill - is there any evidence Gill wanted the job?  I don't think I would've, seeing how they ran Tubbs off for one bad year.

Divot

If this Chizik stuff is really true, then I'm ticked off at Auburn.  They're embarrassing the conference!

He may have had success as a DC, but he couldn't improve in his 2nd year as a HC in a BCS conference.

Don't get me wrong.  I think this will make Aubie an easy win for us most years, but still, c'mon man.

MissStake shouldn't have made a hire with more upside.  It's still frickin' Auburn even if Saban is now the most powerful man in the state of Alabama.

songofthesword

um... he interviewed for it.

I'm stunned if they hire him.

FaulknerHogfan

freaking joke, I thought this was the SEC.  You get rid of TUBS for this work?  REALLY?

FaulknerHogfan

Thats what you get for firing a coach that won over 75% of his games... Good for AUB!

jgphillips3

They needed someone who had the gravitas of Saban to make them competitive in their own State.  Instead, they hired their version of Curly Hallman (last LSU coach that was a failure with all that talent).  Auburn has just guaranteed a loss to Bama for the entire tenure of Saban.  In fact, I would say they just guaranteed a loss to Petrino, Saban and Miles for the entire tenure of this guy.  I always kind of liked the Auburn program and fans; this sucks for them.  Auburn just became the fourth or maybe fifth best team in the West which is good for us though.  Auburn fans...I truly feel sorry for you.  You deserved better than this.

hogcoots

Well at least we have a new phrase for a major league screw up...

I just Chiziked...........

Hogtropolis™

Seriously? ???

Hire this guy:  5–19

in place of this guy:  110–60

That makes a lot of sense.

ur

December 13, 2008, 06:05:07 pm #96 Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:05:09 pm by ur
This may have already been posted. Guess who is his agent.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3767115

msudawgs64

Quote from: golfer_fore_life on December 13, 2008, 05:29:48 pm
MissStake shouldn't have made a hire with more upside. 

huh?  Why not? 

Can't wait for the answer.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 13, 2008, 02:37:54 pm
Here is the link to their free scout board.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010

It's not even funny just plain sad.  Bama will be an uber power and we will all suffer.

Check out this thread, which is a copy of a post the Iowa State version of Trey Biddy/Otis/Clay Henry posted and then took down a few minutes later.  Talk about "scorched earth".

Wow!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=3599058

the 1 and only

Just wandering how Burns and Zimba are taking the news
molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them