Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas After Gainesville, GA DE Josh Jackson, visit Jan 9th

Started by Hoggy Bear, December 11, 2008, 07:26:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorBassin

???

I don't like the looks of that, but I guess I need to trust our staffs evaluation of talent. 

COCHISE

Quote from: jj1121 on December 11, 2008, 07:29:05 pm
???

I don't like the looks of that, but I guess I need to trust our staffs evaluation of talent. 
I hate the phrase "plan B" recruit, but I think this staff may just be covering all angles in case Herbert, Mackey, Gaines, etc. don't pan out.

UltimateHog

Ga Tech offered, and they are always stout on D, and NC State usually is as well.

Needs to beef up some.

Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

regi

What the staff is doing is making contact with the school and its coaches for these guys in 2010:

Blake Sims and Tai-lor Jones.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=84965&sport=1

Coach Summers and Coach Petrino will be real players with these 2 next season.

SquidBilly

Quote from: jj1121 on December 11, 2008, 07:29:05 pm
???

I think this points to us getting Mackey.  If he comes in that gives us the luxury to take Calendar and this guy for the DE position and redshirt them.  This guy looks like he has a little bit of a mean streak.

SquidBilly

Quote from: regi on December 11, 2008, 07:53:16 pm
What the staff is doing is making contact with the school and its coach for these guys in 2010:

Sims http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=7289

Jones http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=8496

Man I dig coach Horton!

Your links aren't for the correct guys.

COCHISE

regi

Now try them. I only linked Jones this time, but he and Sims are big time speed prospects.

SquidBilly

Quote from: regi on December 11, 2008, 07:58:21 pm
Now try them. I only linked Jones this time, but he and Sims are big time speed prospects.

That's an impressive list of offers for Jones when he is only 6' and runs a 4.46.  Not saying those are bad stats but not uncommon for a D-1 WR.  Am I missing something?

hawgdavis

I live about 20 min. from Gainsville all the schools in that area are loaded tis year and next year.The reason thease kids are not getting the pub. yet is all the school are all 3A In Ga If your not Buford 2A Or Lincoln Co.1A then you dont get very much attention that all goes to the 4A and 5A schools.Buford hgowever deserves the attention They went out to Dallas and beat the top 2A school like a drum the first game of the season and will win there 6th state title this weekend out of the last 7. LC has won like 10 or 11 state titles in the last 20yrs and have a few players in the NFL VA Tech, UGA, GT,FSU,TENN,.......

moley_russells_wart_hog

December 11, 2008, 08:39:53 pm #11 Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:44:26 pm by moley_russells_wart_hog
Quote from: 870 RZR on December 11, 2008, 07:55:09 pm
No comprende.

building a relationship now with the highschool coach now , for the stud
you want next year

nevermind just clicked on the links
imo

hawgsav1

We haven't offered according to the links, but it's good to build relationships. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

LJHOG

Music City Hog

If we are gonna take this guy then why not take Terrance Coleman instead?

tiber

Quote from: UltimateHog on December 11, 2008, 07:42:37 pm
Ga Tech offered, and they are always stout on D, and NC State usually is as well.

Needs to beef up some.

I believe the article mentions Georgia State, not Tech. 

Rivals shows interest in Tech, but not an offer from them.

However the coaching staff has given no reason to doubt their judgment to this point. 

Wildhog

Looks like a pretty good prospect to me...  I'm a big time proponent of "stars do matter," but he's got some decent offers, good size, and looks mean as hell.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

regi

Quote from: ATLpiggie on December 11, 2008, 08:01:36 pm
That's an impressive list of offers for Jones when he is only 6' and runs a 4.46.  Not saying those are bad stats but not uncommon for a D-1 WR.  Am I missing something?

They are 16 yo High School Jr's

bigt05

Jones will definitely be a 4*, borderline 5* next yr...If we get him itll be big...

RazorBassin

Didn 't think about the building a pipeline angle.  Makes sense though.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggy Bear

Quote from: regi on December 11, 2008, 07:53:16 pm
What the staff is doing is making contact with the school and its coaches for these guys in 2010:

Blake Sims and Tai-lor Jones.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=84965&sport=1

Coach Summers and Coach Petrino will be real players with these 2 next season.

Never hurts to build bridges....