Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Auburn Coaching searches go here (why do we care?)

Started by hogzndogz, December 10, 2008, 07:31:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleHorse

Quote from: ur on December 11, 2008, 08:29:43 pm
If so, chalk that up as an automatic W

I think he will be a good coach in the SEC.  Maybe not a step up from tubbs.  I still think he was close to getting the Arkansas job last year.

Quote from: PorkRyan on December 11, 2008, 09:11:47 pm
This is what I have heard too.

It may not pan out, but I believe it's a strong possibility.

Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogbody

BigE_23

Quote from: Wildhog on December 12, 2008, 01:20:24 am
WTH...

One is confused.

I share your confusion!

First it's Gill, then Graham, then Muschamp, this is getting interesting...and it looks strangely familiar!

BigE_23

RunnerHog

Spurrier is the most overrated coach in the country. He is not the Spurrier of old at Florida, he is an old Spurrier. Has been won't be again.

RunnerHog

Quote from: BigE_23 on December 12, 2008, 01:27:26 am
Who knows??? The article I posted came a whole 15 minutes after yours did! A lot can happen in 15 minutes...

;D

I just took the info from your article and looked it up. Seems those guys jumped the gun on what that news station was saying.

k-hog

It's all in the numbers........

Columbia to Augusta National = 76 miles
Auburn to Augusta National = 243 miles

Survey Says!!!!!!!

Wes Craven

Quote from: RunnerHog on December 12, 2008, 01:27:36 am
Spurrier is the most overrated coach in the country. He is not the Spurrier of old at Florida, he is an old Spurrier. Has been won't be again.

South Carolina is an also ran school. Put Spurrier back in a place where the talent is rich and you will be looking foolish before you can post another reply.

UltimateHog

Spurrier is washed up and needs to retire soon.

He has had great recruiting classes at SoCar and underachieved every year.

From losing multiple close games (close losses = coaching usually) to getting blown out and missing bowl games, he has done very very little at SoCar.

If I was him, i'd either retire,  or try one more time at a school that won't take much or long to become a power again....Auburn.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

k-hog

Right below that headline is the following from the author......

"Right now the facts are not clear. Below you'll find the information from WSFA website. A phone call to me out of Alabama was not as acurate as initially thought. I appologize for posting the above report incorrectly.

Thanks
DW

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 07:23 PM EST"

Aside from the inability of the "internet reporter" to spell "accurate" and "apologize", another fabulous example of bait and switch to get an internet hit on the website......kudos

Bryan (CHF)

These guys sound like we did a little over a year ago......
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

TrojanHog

Ah, the bleacher report where you me or my 4 year old niece can be a "journalist"

Super good work Deric...

UltimateHog

Quote from: Head Hawg on December 12, 2008, 02:07:40 am
If that was the case he would've gone back to his Home Team... "Tennessee!"
I mean he did grow up and play high school basketball and football in the Volunteer state.

Maybe he didn't want an SEC East shool?

Or maybe he has a clause like Petrino and can't go to an SEC-E School? Should look that up.

Who knows....SoCar to me though, is never going to become a power like some thought when they landed Steve, but if a bigger school like Auburn can get him for his final years, he can win a title I think.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Brosshog

So what happens if Mack Brown quits of gets fired? Does Muschamp have to go back to Texass? Since he's been named head coack in waiting.

Boarcephus

BAM  MF'ER!!!!

I'm sure Auburn is thrilled with the hire, if true.  We'll see if he's another Stoops or another Ogerone.  With all the hype he's gotten while at Texas it shouldn't take long to find out.  IMO, he's the one guy who can right Auburns ship in a hurry.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

songofthesword

their Defense while not stiffling, was not the problem last year. he better bring the right o cord with him

Tim Harris

If this turns out to be true it be somewhat suprising.  He is a great defensive mind but that hasn't been their issue in the last few years.  He needs to bring in great OC to run this offense.

HognVA

I agree surprising. Thought for sure they would go after an Offensive guy. They must have gotten turned down by their top offensive picks.

razorbacksR4ever

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: razorbacksR4ever on December 12, 2008, 06:18:35 am
This guy is retarded for leaving texas......

I think you have to be retarded to go to texas.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

oldhawg

It is about as confusing as Arkansas's search for a coach last year.

Is it Bowden? Is it Tuberville?  Is it Grobe?  Is it Muschamp?  And then out of the blue-----B. Petrino!! 

Mason

Espn is only making a reference to the Foxtv report out of Mobile that Auburn would "like" to name Muschamp head coach soon.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=264128.0

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.----Will Rogers

UAfanatic

UAfanatic

In fact on the bleacher.. down below on the article page:

Right now the facts are not clear. Below you'll find the information from WSFA website. A phone call to me out of Alabama was not as acurate as initially thought. I appologize for posting the above report incorrectly.

Thanks
DW

UAfanatic

How much money do that have at Alabam'a number 2 school?

diehardrbackfan

December 12, 2008, 07:03:05 am #79 Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 11:22:08 pm by diehardrbackfan

MJ2

In a way, with Saban @ AL, Auburn has now become Arkansas State in Alabama.

PorkRyan

Jim Grobe is interviewing today.  They must be using the same search firm as us.

LRCentralTiger

hogzndogz

I bet if it's taken them this long- then it's Spurrier... preperations for Bowl games surely...
WooPigs.

opineonswine

Auburn has clearly crapped in their nest.  This will not end like our search ended.  Book it.

Petrino or Spurrier?  no contest
Petrino or Muschamp?  We already made that decision.  no contest
Petrino or Chisik?  please
Feel free to con't.

hogindallas

Fellas, maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but I THINK the "credible" reports from multiple news stations MUST have fact-based sources.  My point is, there may have BEEN behind closed door talks to Muschamp, but it certainly seems he's distancing himself from Auburn with the press release.

For what it's worth, I can see Patterson landing this gig and being a decent hire as far as restoring order in War Eagle Country. Not the homerun they wanted, but a solid hire in my opinion.

Mark Lericos

CRIPES... CHIZIK?   That's a stretch... I think Saban would use him for a pinata.

from the associated press...

Iowa State coach Gene Chizik is in the running
for the Auburn job, Cyclones athletic director Jamie Pollard said
Friday.
      Pollard acknowledged that Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs
recently contacted him to speak with Chizik about the Tigers
vacancy. Pollard said in a statement that his understanding is that
Chizik has met with Auburn officials and is a serious candidate for
the job.
      Chizik was the defensive coordinator at Auburn from 2002-04. The
Tigers allowed a national-low 11.3 points per game in 2004 en route
to an unbeaten season.
      Chizik has gone just 5-19 in two seasons at Iowa State, but was
regarded among the nation's hottest young coaches when he took the
job.
      Chizik and Pollard were unavailable for further comment.