Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Jimmy Sexton Good or What

Started by Jim Harris, December 05, 2008, 03:56:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tusksincolorado

Here's a laugh.

We paid Nuttless what? 1.5 million salary then his buyout of 2 or 3 mil. And kicked his sorry azz to the curb.

Old Piss hired Nuttless for 1.7 mil and now has bumped it to 2.5 mil, because All-Barn wants him.

That is F#%&*ng funny, what a bunch of Dumbazz's!

GO HAWGS! Look who's laughing now, SEC RETARDS!!!!!!!!!   :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Tim Harris

I wonder how long until buyers remorse kicks in?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: NWASooner on December 05, 2008, 05:10:15 pm
College football and the SEC needs to watch itself here.  The salaries are getting out of hand. 

Some of these states are asking the federal government for financial assistance right now.  Congress might start asking why they need bailout money if a poor state like Alabama can pay both it's coaches more than $3 million each.

Do you actually think the state of AL, or any state for that matter, is actually paying a FB coach's entire $3 million dollar salary?  No, it only pays a fraction...probably closer to $300K.

Give it time, Fellas.  Nutty will implode.  It won't happen over night.  As long as he's in the SECW, Petrino will own him.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

judgeroyswine

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 05, 2008, 04:34:47 pm
So, in the realm of your profession, if you have the opportunity to do what was expected of you, which is to make the most money for your clients, you wouldn't do it?  What time did you start drinking today? 

Call Sexton whatever you want, but his job is to get coaches the most money possible and that is what he does.

First, I didn't call Sexton anything but an agent.  He is doing a great job for his client.  I just couldn't do that well for Nutt with a clear conscience.

Second, in my profession, that's not an issue.  But if you are saying, IF I was an agent, then I would do whatever was legal, ethical, and did not defial my conscience.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Lanny

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 05, 2008, 06:54:55 pm
That would be Nutt's luck, have MSU save his recruiting class for him by firing their coach.  The guy's the luckiest coach in America.

This will change when MSU hires their coach.  The Bulldog recruits will follow the new regime to Starkville.  Nutt can't help himself this guy is a born loser
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

murthage

The last paragraph tells it all......

Houston Nutt and Jimbo Fisher -- are represented by Memphis sports agent Jimmy Sexton. Coincidentally, Sexton also represents the ousted Tommy Tuberville, who was given a $5.1 million payout to leave Auburn even though the school was not obligated to pay him if he resigned. Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs on Thursday said in a press conference also that he told Tuberville the coach could leave Auburn without having to pay the school his buyout, even though he would have been obligated to pay it.

Does this sound familiar?????  Sexton is a magician.

Hawgon

Quote from: murthage on December 06, 2008, 08:48:47 am
The last paragraph tells it all......

Houston Nutt and Jimbo Fisher -- are represented by Memphis sports agent Jimmy Sexton. Coincidentally, Sexton also represents the ousted Tommy Tuberville, who was given a $5.1 million payout to leave Auburn even though the school was not obligated to pay him if he resigned. Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs on Thursday said in a press conference also that he told Tuberville the coach could leave Auburn without having to pay the school his buyout, even though he would have been obligated to pay it.

Does this sound familiar?????  Sexton is a magician.

No, not a magician.  That little paragraph shows why Sexton is a damn snake.  It was widely reported that Auburn boosters were gauging the interest of perspective coaches in the last few weeks before they forced out Tuberville.  In order to do that, they had to talk to Sexton and presumably were told that guys like Fisher and Nutt would be interested if Tubby were gone.

Sexton then used that against Auburn.  They were so sure they could get another coach, they paid Tommy the money just to get rid of him quick.  Then, it has now become apparent that those other coaches weren't really interested but Sexton was merely using the situation to get them raises.

Now, he lied to Auburn.  His pumping up the other coaches prior to Tubby getting forced out may have gotten Tommy forced out a year or two sooner than he would have otherwise.  It is a conflict of interest on is part in representing the coaches.  Having all those coaches represented by the same guy makes it impossible for the schools to negotiate with their candidates.  He is so intertwined with all of the press in the region and nationally, I'm convinced that a big part of the bad publicity Petrino has gotten is because he is not a Sexton client.

The SEC presidents need to announce that henceforth, no Jimmy Sexton client will be considered for an SEC job.  This guy has got to be reined in.

Talon

Quote from: hogsndawgs on December 05, 2008, 04:25:17 pm
Now that Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Obama are running the country capitalism is as good as dead, at least for the next two years.

Pelosi, Reid and Obama had nothing to do with the current state of capitalism in our country.  The broken ideology of the other party is the cause.  Mr. Greenspan went so far as to admit this during resent congressional testimony.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Hawgon on December 06, 2008, 09:47:53 am

They had to talk to Sexton and were told that guys like Fisher and Nutt would be interested if Tubby were gone.

Don't you know Jimbo Fisher hates being mentioned in the same breath as that flim-flammer.