Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN reports Nutt extension a done deal, bug raise and 1 yr extension.

Started by jaredkr, December 05, 2008, 02:49:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai

HDN should volunteer his pay raise to bring TT back to Auburn. TT is the only coach in the SEC west that HDN owns 8)

hogsndawgs

Quote from: samurai on December 05, 2008, 08:02:07 pm
HDN should volunteer his pay raise to bring TT back to Auburn. TT is the only coach in the SEC west that HDN owns 8)
And by own, you mean what 5-4? lol

alwaysondbigscreen

I dont know what a bug raise is, but if anybody deserves one its nutt
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

Oklahawg

I find the man a menace. I think he is a miserable role model as a person, and a suspect football coach, but the man is politically savvy.

How he can play someone against nothing, time and time again, shouldn't be dismissed as dipsh!t's luck. Captain Kangaroo has some skills.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

rude1

Quote from: cypert2 on December 05, 2008, 05:22:48 pm
Good news. One more good year for Ole Miss and then those #50 ranked  recruiting classes start kicking in.
Quit being generous, last time I checked that class was at 52.

Brer Hog

OLE MISS is getting exactly what they deserve.  Don't forget, if two scoundrels ever deserved each other its these two.  Another funny thing, President-elect Obama will now get to take an even bigger bite out of ole Hootie's pie.  Cha-ching!

Bulldog Brer Hog

hogfanshan

This is my favorite part of the article:

"Over the next few years, we expect to see significant results from the foundation which has been built this year."

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,Haaaaa!

Thank God for Mississippi.

hogfanshan

It's kinda sad and funny that the national media will view this (contract extension and pay raise) as a "good move" for Ole Miss. football.

HairyHog

Didn't he pull the same trick at Arkansas.  Seems like he was on the way to Nebraska when Broyles gave him a big raise.

Mikey

I like like Hootie's quote "This helps recruiting and shows the direction our program is headed."  It better help recruiting since his class is currently ranked 58th by Rivals (16 total; 0 five-star, 0 four-star, 12 three-star).  If he doesn't improve this fast, the direction his program is heading is straight down the toilet.

Hawgrox

Quote from: HairyHog on December 05, 2008, 09:16:28 pm
Didn't he pull the same trick at Arkansas.  Seems like he was on the way to Nebraska when Broyles gave him a big raise.

Nebraska, LSU, The Chicago Bulls....yea all that...

(Can't take credit for the Bulls thing...somebody else said it earlier..thought it was funny...taking poetic license....)

ur

How much of Nutt's contract is guaranteed? The reason I want to know is that I would love for him to have a huge buyout so that ol piss couldn't fire him. Like ND is stuck with Weiss now. The longer hootie stays at ol piss, the more victories for us.

memphishog

damn boys, i'm in the wrong business. i'd let every one of you call me every name in the book for 3 mil a year, and sleep like a baby.

razorbak

schools for head coach in my post last week. That post was trashed by a mod after about 15 minutes.

Guess it doesn't seem so outlandish now, huh? ;)
"If I could rest anywhere it would be in Arkansaw where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grow nowhere else on the face of the universal earth." [Davy Crockett 1834]

"If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision." [Major General Patrick Cleburne, Confederate Civil War hero from Arkansas]

The Confederacy had no better soldiers than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond prudence. [Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.]

jabohog

Quote from: hoggeek on December 05, 2008, 07:12:42 pm

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
  --  Abraham Lincoln
Clinton added to this and he was right, " You can fool enough of the people, enough of the time."

jabohog

I have been around some in my years, but I have one question? What is a bug raise?

SLC

I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

hog_fan

And it will happen next year as well. He will get one more good year out of Oregon players, but his problem just like at Arkansas he has taken to average and they just like Arkansas will DEMAND more and he cry about it like he did at Arkansas. He said when he came to Arkansas all we wanted to do was beat SMU and basically said be average. He did that and got pissed we DEMANDED more even though he touted National Championship under construction.

History will repeat it self at Ole Miss. If he doesn't get out within three years Ole Miss may finish him off as a major Head Coach. I want to see that sorry sob beg for a job in High School. I want BP to destroy him. Run the score up and keep scoring in final seconds. And it would oh so sweet to do it in Oxford next season.

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: jabohog on December 05, 2008, 09:40:04 pm
I have been around some in my years, but I have one question? What is a bug raise?
It's code;
bug=roach

As in "They must have been smoking a roach, to even think of giving HDN a raise." ;D

Porkatarian

Quote from: nutted on December 05, 2008, 07:28:00 pm
you know sometimes the terms of a deal are to release inflated numbers to make something look better than it was or is.

i'm not buying totally.....you don't go from bitching to the HC about cell phone bills, transportation cost etc. to handing over a $1M.

give me a raise and let me put out what number I want to so it looks good.

ISYN

I couldn't agree more.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

hoginator

Quote from: hog_fan on December 05, 2008, 09:45:06 pm
And it will happen next year as well. He will get one more good year out of Oregon players, but his problem just like at Arkansas he has taken to average and they just like Arkansas will DEMAND more and he cry about it like he did at Arkansas. He said when he came to Arkansas all we wanted to do was beat SMU and basically said be average. He did that and got pissed we DEMANDED more even though he touted National Championship under construction.

History will repeat it self at Ole Miss. If he doesn't get out within three years Ole Miss may finish him off as a major Head Coach. I want to see that sorry sob beg for a job in High School. I want BP to destroy him. Run the score up and keep scoring in final seconds. And it would oh so sweet to do it in Oxford next season.
Green is his favorite color and gold is his favorite metal. He'll try and get his name mentioned for that particular school next year if that coach is fired...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 05, 2008, 08:17:37 pm
I find the man a menace. I think he is a miserable role model as a person, and a suspect football coach, but the man is politically savvy.

How he can play someone against nothing, time and time again, shouldn't be dismissed as dipsh!t's luck. Captain Kangaroo has some skills.

The name "Slick" comes to mind...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

razorbak

Nutt joins Fisher at top of AU wish list

Friday, December 05, 2008

CHARLES GOLDBERG and KEVIN SCARBINSKY
News staff writers

AUBURN
- Auburn's search for a new football coach could take the Tigers to familiar grounds.

Auburn, which hired Tommy Tuberville away from Ole Miss in 1999, has shown an interest in current Rebels head coach Houston Nutt. The Tigers are also interested in Florida State offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher, a former Auburn assistant coach.

Multiple sources have indicated Auburn is considering Nutt and Fisher. Auburn could name a coach next week. The university accepted Tuberville's resignation Wednesday.

"If I could rest anywhere it would be in Arkansaw where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grow nowhere else on the face of the universal earth." [Davy Crockett 1834]

"If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision." [Major General Patrick Cleburne, Confederate Civil War hero from Arkansas]

The Confederacy had no better soldiers than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond prudence. [Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.]

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: nutted on December 05, 2008, 07:28:00 pm
you know sometimes the terms of a deal are to release inflated numbers to make something look better than it was or is.

i'm not buying totally.....you don't go from bitching to the HC about cell phone bills, transportation cost etc. to handing over a $1M.

give me a raise and let me put out what number I want to so it looks good.

ISYN

Quote from: Porkatarian on December 05, 2008, 10:29:50 pm
I couldn't agree more.

Porkatarian out...

I guess I have just missed out on some late nite NCAA HC contract reading over the past few years, but when has this happened??  I don't remember ever seeing a post relating to this type of activity in the past few years I've been a member here, and I know there have been well over 15 HC hires in that time. 

I hate HDN as much as the next guy, but this seems to be getting out of hand for random claims of treachery.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

razorbak

jabohog

Quote from: HogasaurusRex on December 05, 2008, 10:24:21 pm
It's code;
bug=roach

As in "They must have been smoking a roach, to even think of giving HDN a raise." ;D
That explains it! I should have known. Tetrahydracannibinol, psychoactive at 360 degrees F. You would have thought that it would have at least took a halusinagen. Thank goodness for Mississippi. ;)

donewithdale

Ole Miss is stupid.  No other way to put it if they did this because of Auburn.  Nutt doesn't want the Auburn job.  Its a rebuild and not a situation built for him to win immediately.  And 8-4 does not cut it at Auburn especially with Saban at Bama.  He would be exposed and fired and finally this con would at least be damaged if not over. 

zumhog

This board just cant let Nutt be gone. I for one am sick of seeing countless Nutt threads in MMQ. This is a hog board. I think the mods are doing a crappy job. For crying out loud why dont the owner of this board just make an entire subsection devoted to Nutt bashing so all the folks that cant live thier HOG life without bashing the FORMER COACH can vent is beyond me. Go ahead and say im a Nutt Hugger cause im not but jeeezzzzzeeeeeeee move the fn on.

Ceba

With all that we've seen from Nutt, wouldn't you equate him to Bill Clinton.  No matter what happens, he comes out in public like he's the good guy when deep down everyone knows he's has tremendous character flaws.

hvsupastar

idk how u compare a crappy coach to a great president
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

opineonswine

Quote from: Ceba on December 05, 2008, 11:10:16 pm
With all that we've seen from Nutt, wouldn't you equate him to Bill Clinton.  No matter what happens, he comes out in public like he's the good guy when deep down everyone knows he's has tremendous character flaws.

two peas in a pod

Ceba

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 05, 2008, 11:13:29 pm
idk how u compare a crappy coach to a great president
Now that's funny.

josh_sec33

Let's all be brutally honest here.

Is ANYONE actually surprised that Nutt/Sexton would use another school to get Nutt a raise?

I mean....seriously? Anyone?

That's right. That's what I thought. We all expected this at some pont with some school.

Glad it's not us.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

tenhog

Ole Miss comes through.  They are as stupid as I thought!!!  Hotty Toddy!!  That assures Arkansas wins over Ole Miss as long as he is at Ole Miss.  Christmas comes early!!!

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

zumhog

Quote from: josh_sec33 on December 05, 2008, 11:29:30 pm
Let's all be brutally honest here.

Is ANYONE actually surprised that Nutt/Sexton would use another school to get Nutt a raise?

I mean....seriously? Anyone?

That's right. That's what I thought. We all expected this at some pont with some school.

Glad it's not us.
Oh well ya know yeah but our fine leaders at the U of A did give him 3 Million g's to leave.  And then at that he goes to a common opposition we play every year. Hows that set with you? It was US.

donewithdale

If AU truly wanted Nutt and Nutt wanted to be at AU, this raise and extension would mean nothing. 

Sivad

Quote from: josh_sec33 on December 05, 2008, 11:33:52 pm
Honestly...did this surprise anyone?
No, not at all.
It was just another Nutt scam.
And Olay Miss fell for it.

SteveInArk

Quote from: razorbak on December 05, 2008, 10:56:38 pm
Nutt joins Fisher at top of AU wish list

Friday, December 05, 2008

CHARLES GOLDBERG and KEVIN SCARBINSKY
News staff writers

AUBURN
- Auburn's search for a new football coach could take the Tigers to familiar grounds.

Auburn, which hired Tommy Tuberville away from Ole Miss in 1999, has shown an interest in current Rebels head coach Houston Nutt. The Tigers are also interested in Florida State offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher, a former Auburn assistant coach.

Multiple sources have indicated Auburn is considering Nutt and Fisher. Auburn could name a coach next week. The university accepted Tuberville's resignation Wednesday.

If these writers are correct... and I was an Auburn fan...  I would demand the AD and President crawl on their bellies to TT, beg him to come back, and double his salary!  I can't believe anyone but OM is dumb enough to buy the Nutt line of BS. 
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

SteelShot

Nutt never was a canidate for the Auburn job, not even close.  Sexton called one of his media sources in Birmingham and had them leak a story from an unnamed source in the Birmingham paper that said Nutt was a serious candidate.  Sexton then took this to Ole Miss for the raise and extension.

Its exactly what happened with the LSU job opening with Nutt while he was at Arkansas.   
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"