Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt top candidate for Auburn but OM working on contract extension (merged)

Started by beachhawg, December 05, 2008, 12:32:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beachhawg

COCHISE

Quote from: Bailey on December 05, 2008, 12:32:41 pm
http://auburn.rivals.com/
They're seriously considering replacing Tommy Tuberville with Nutt, unbelievable.  Nutt was getting outrecruited by Sylvester Croom, can you imagine him going up against Saban.  Not to mention that Auburn will never win another Iron Bowl.

Tripod1

Like I said in another thread, Nutt comes across very well to those outside our state that do not know all the ins and outs of things that happened here.  All of the Nutts, if you don't know them, come across very well on first impression.  He will pull the wool over their eyes, get in over his head and either bail on them or run their program in the ground.

Hogblog

Hope Dale gets the gig.........and stays ten years........

GrumpyHog

Man I hope they hire him. It will be the nail in the coffin to get him out of the SEC sooner.

djgaffer

And somewhere Lee Ziemba and Kodi Burns believe they're in a twilight zone episode.

JoyDivision

Quote from: GrumpyHog on December 05, 2008, 12:42:40 pm
Man I hope they hire him. It will be the nail in the coffin to get him out of the SEC sooner.

and to keep both aubbie and ole miss insignificant for a while.

Hawgon

Holy darn!   This thing is really picking up speed.  I love it! 

WilsonHog

My wife would love to see this happen.

'Cause if it does my d*** will be harder than Chinese Algebra.

bassntrucks

There is no way this happens.... but what a x-mas present for all hog fans if it did!

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

SemperHawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 05, 2008, 12:45:46 pm

PRICELESS!!! +1000

hogfanshan

Why couldn't they have traded with us two or three years ago? I would have gladly traded out the Dale then!

Hope he gets it!

Baconator

If this is true the Auburn AD should be fired immediately.

Wild Bill Hog

And some people thought the PTB'ers that got rid of TT were capable of making good decisions.  Wonder if the OM Boards have hit meltdown yet.

Supermark101

December 05, 2008, 12:51:29 pm #16 Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:56:09 pm by Supermark101
Quote from: djgaffer on December 05, 2008, 12:42:50 pm
And somewhere Lee Ziemba and Kodi Burns believe they're in a twilight zone episode.

LOL that is so awsome. I had not even thought of that.

Why would he want to leave Ole Miss with all the 5 star recriuts calling him? Seriously I thinki nutt is too smart to leave. He can suck more out of Snead and company, than he can with the talent at AU.

1CavHog

McKdaddy

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 05, 2008, 12:51:16 pm
And some people thought the PTB'ers that got rid of TT were capable of making good decisions.

We fire the Dork and make a run for TT.  Later, AU fires TT and makes a run for the Dork.  This league is too incestual, lol.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Tripod1

Anybody got a link to the Ole Piss boards? I would like to see what is happening there.

GuvHog

Quote from: Baconator on December 05, 2008, 12:49:30 pm
If this is true the Auburn AD should be fired immediately.

Most likely the AD is following orders from Bobby Lowder. The Auburn ADs for years have been
yes men for Lowder, that's common knowledge.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

passinghog

I'm listening to JOX 94.5 in Birmingham right now; This thing definitely has legs. Word out of B-Ham says that he has met with his Chancellor and AD this morning to talk things over. LOL!

wes72949

Quote from: djgaffer on December 05, 2008, 12:42:50 pm

lol talk about bad luck

ur

either way we win. hootie goes to au to destroy their program or ol piss extends his contract which guarantees the hogs more victories in the future. Actually I see ol piss AD boone calling hooties bluff and tells him to take it if it is offered. he made hootie take a bus to the LSU game in baton rouge.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: passinghog on December 05, 2008, 12:55:25 pm
I'm listening to JOX 94.5 in Birmingham right now; This thing definitely has legs. Word out of B-Ham says that he has met with his Chancellor and AD this morning to talk things over. LOL!

Beautiful!  This will ruin two programs.  HdN went to Oxford looking to get out of there.  He really thought one year and done.  I guess he was right.
Retired Radio Host

Tusks

He won't get it....he'll get a raise...but won't get the job.

I posted days ago.....hootie would pull his skirt over his head to get attention from AU.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

smoked hog

I couldn't ask for a better present. Mistake is down for a few years no matter what, Auburn would be down for a while, ole miss will melt down. I think miles is an idiot so who knows with LSU. Bama will be tough but with out their SR QB who knows. Next year could be fun to be a hog

GuvHog

Quote from: ur on December 05, 2008, 12:58:22 pm
either way we win. hootie goes to au to destroy their program or ol piss extends his contract which guarantees the hogs more victories in the future. Actually I see ol piss AD boone calling hooties bluff and tells him to take it if it is offered. he made hootie take a bus to the LSU game in baton rouge.

Ole Miss cannot and will never be able to match or top Auburns money. If Auburn truely
wants HDN as HC believe me they'll get him. Boone is not very smart either.

hogball33

memphishog

i just don't get it. do they think he will be more of a puppet than TT was. It is no secret the disdain TT had for several of the "supporters". I am at a loss.

AnthroHog

Is this really happening or is he just getting his name floated out there?

Rocky Mountain Living

front page of rebelsports.net has an article on nutty saying there has been no contact by auburn officials as of this friday morning.
supposedly the meeting with ole piss AD was about more money for nutty...
you know sexton is playing this for a raise and will get nutty a raise out of this auburn thing, but i do hope nutty's ego wins out in the end....auburn is screwed...

demonHOG1013

Quote from: ur on December 05, 2008, 12:58:22 pm

Just Nutt or the whole team?

ur

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on December 05, 2008, 01:04:26 pm
Just Nutt or the whole team?
The whole team had to take buses from oxford to baton rouge. stopped for lunch in Jackson. Flew back. Boone must be tight on $.

OldPoop

I suppose this means he will not be taking the midnight shift opening at the Reynolds Road/I-30 McDonalds.

Lying b@st@rd!
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

TrojanHog

This looks like classic Nutt raise hunting, especially after the story on football rumor mill that Nutt was not likely to get a raise posted yesterday.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Is there not something in his contract not allowing him take another job in the SEC?

demonHOG1013

Quote from: ur on December 05, 2008, 01:06:55 pm
The whole team had to take buses from oxford to baton rouge. stopped for lunch in Jackson. Flew back. Boone must be tight on $.

Oh, I thought the bus was just for Nutt, his ego, and the MSM.

passinghog

It's not going to happen. They just HDN said "thanks, but no thanks to Auburn."

GuvHog

Quote from: Idahawg on December 05, 2008, 01:04:23 pm
front page of rebelsports.net has an article on nutty saying there has been no contact by auburn officials as of this friday morning.supposedly the meeting with ole piss AD was about more money for nutty...
you know sexton is playing this for a raise and will get nutty a raise out of this auburn thing, but i do hope nutty's ego wins out in the end....auburn is screwed...

That doesn't mean that Auburn hasn't been talking at length with Jimmy Sexton, HDNs
agent.

hog_fan

He is doing this to get A raise. Sexton is good.

snortyann

Oh yay ya! That would speed up the process. How many ways can we say "I told you so".

EastexHawg

This is too good to be true from an Arkansas fan's standpoint.  Ole Miss will never be any better than mediocre, with or without Nutt, but Auburn is a different story.  They COULD attract a big time coach and be a top SEC program every year if they play their cards right.

Bringing Nutt to Auburn will ensure that three SEC West programs will stay mediocre...Ole Miss, Miss State, and the Plainsmen/War Eagle/Tigers.

GuvHog

Quote from: passinghog on December 05, 2008, 01:09:27 pm
It's not going to happen. They just HDN said "thanks, but no thanks to Auburn."

WHO is THEY??

The real Hogules

Even Nutt's not stupid enough to accept the Auburn job and compete with Nick Saban for the cream of Alabama's HS recruiting crop.
For the love of GAWD, the make couldn't compete with Sly Crooms & MSU for the best Mississippi produced, what would make him think he could compete with a program like Alabama and a REAL recruiter like Nick Saban.
Either this is Nutt's blowing smoke up the Old Myth A.D.'s @$$ to secure himself a raise and an extension, or he not only a Nutt in name, but an actual nut case too!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

EastexHawg

I wonder if the national media will crucify Nutt as a job hopper if this happens.

ur

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on December 05, 2008, 01:08:37 pm
Oh, I thought the bus was just for Nutt, his ego, and the MSM.
Boone only had enough money for three buses. Nutt and his ego took up one. The MSM,hooties brothers,cousins, and Teresa took another. The rest of the team had to cram into the only one left.

memphishog

birmingham radio saying that nutt has taken his name out of consideration. can you say same ol' raise tactics.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 05, 2008, 12:45:46 pm

Good one, you owe me a new monitor!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

passinghog

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 05, 2008, 01:11:15 pm
WHO is THEY??

The radio guys on JOX 94.5; the sources close to that situation say that's what has happened.