Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MERGED - All Auburn, TT, Coaches Wives, Potential Candidates, and Nutt to AU posts

Started by Hawg Barry, December 04, 2008, 12:50:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

cbjagman

Quote from: southeasthog on December 04, 2008, 09:57:05 pm
I didn't know until reading this but, "most people think we have the nicest facilities in the SEC." Wow. ole miss is a "special" place.
Yeah, just like Nuttso claiming just before the season that Ole Misery has "better tradition than Arkansas".

BTW could this be another one of those "Houston Nutt has turned down more offers to positions he was never offered"?

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

cbjagman

Quote from: PigglyWiggly on December 05, 2008, 12:26:33 am
If Nutt had been contacted, you know he'd play the heck out of it to get a raise out of OM.  I call BS currently.  Hope they don't have to stoop that low.
Dale is nothing more than a prostitute who will sell himself to the highest bidder no matter who it is!!!

Hoggish1

The Lemming

runhogsrun

Nutt or Sexton is constantly floating his name out there.  And I believe the main reason is to get a raise and make believe that he is a "hot" name in coaching.  I just believe that he always wants more mone, and is willing to fabricate something so he can acomplish that one goal.  He is the biggest farce in coaching.
Great Expectations

Dirty

Auburn using CARR for their search and they will get a used car salesmen if they hire Nutt.  Ha!

jst01

If you think about what Auburn has done best in the past 8 years, Nutt might fit them a lot better than some. He motivates and plays mostly run offense.  If he could get a good defense there, he may have some success.

With that said, there is no way Nutt could recruit there either.  Auburn does recruit by its name alone a lot better than ole miss, but still, it's Nutt we're talking about. 

PigSnort

No way Nutt goes to Auburn, unless it's purely an ego thing.  Nutt could not stand the pressure of coaching in the same state as Saban.  Heck, he probably won't survive long just coaching in the same state as Miss. State!

irishman

the guys down in "roll tide" country have to be giddy at the thought of having nutt as their competition

Hawgon

And thus, Hootie begins the process of alienating another fanbase.  A dissappointing recruiting class, followed by a dissappointing season next year, and yet one more year of having his name associated with every coaching search in college football will have those gap-toothed crackers in Mississippi well on their way to hating his guts.

Coach Obvious

I would LOVE IT if Nutt went to Auburn. Not only would that mean the further collapse into the abyss of Ole Miss, but Auburn would take several years to recover from such a hire.

In effect, hiring Nutt would take out two SEC West football teams for the next few years. With Miss. St. going down and LSU on the decline, it would be between Alabama and Arkansas!

Go Auburn, Hire Nutt!

94 Hawg

Auburn would be well served in hiring Houston Nutt. The man is a offensive mastermind and inspires his players to overachieve on a consistent basis.
The people at Arkansas have a long road ahead of them as long as Houston Nutt is roaming the sidelines of the SEC.
          reporting from the cleanest, aromatic colon I've ever been in..
          Tim Brando
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

tusksincolorado

Nuttless is kinda secure at Old Piss. But at Albarn, he would be out of coaching in 2 to 3 years. Please God, let Nuttless get the job at Albarn! Please!!!!!!
Go Hawgs,  :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

10thPlanet

Ole Miss board banned me, because I told them no worries Nutt and Sexton were just out pimpin him for a raise, and keeping their recruiting in limbo like he did ours 3 times. I guess the truth hurts. Sensitive little Webels.

notreseveredname

I doubt it would happen, but would laugh my ass off if it did.  Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

go hogues

Quote from: Hawgon on December 05, 2008, 09:42:55 am
And thus, Hootie begins the process of alienating another fanbase.  A dissappointing recruiting class, followed by a dissappointing season next year, and yet one more year of having his name associated with every coaching search in college football will have those gap-toothed crackers in Mississippi well on their way to hating his guts.
You are so right.  Even if he doesn't go to the plains (and he probably won't) just showing interest will piss some folks off over there in Oxfart.  Combine that with losing a bowl next month and then metaphorically pulling in a net full of license plates and toilet lids for recruits, and his ship will begin to sink.
Just goes to show what we knew all along, he's a phony who is in over his head in the SEC.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hoggish1

This is priceless from one fan:

"I hope this is just a false rumor. Surely we aren't this stupid."

Oh yes you are.  But one thing's for sure is how well Nuttz could kiss Bobby Lauder's tush if allowed.  Do you think Frank is jealous 'bout now?

cdclark09

The funny thing about this is I am less surprised by anyone's interest in Nutt.  For some crazy reason, every across the country thinks he is a good no great coach.  I can't explain why though.  I didn't realize this until I went on my honeymoon in Jamaica last month.  There were several people that I talked to that noticed I had Hog t-shirts and stuff that said things like 'I but you guys were mad that Nutt left' and 'does it worry you that he stayed in your division and you have to play him every year?'  And some of these people were SEC fans!  With the way some of them talked about Nutters, I would have thought the Hogs won a NC and no one told me.

notreseveredname

Quote from: dkwvike on December 05, 2008, 09:47:45 am
Ole Miss board banned me, because I told them no worries Nutt and Sexton were just out pimpin him for a raise, and keeping their recruiting in limbo like he did ours 3 times. I guess the truth hurts. Sensitive little Webels.
They are pretty sensitive.  Some "hog fan" who is a Nutt graber was appologising to the Ole Piss board about some of the comments hog fans were making.  I told that person not to appologise for me and then was soon banned. 

Tripod1

Only problem with them hiring Nutty Boy is he just might be able to keep the commits because he and Tubby are both ground orientated.  The players on campus would not have alot of adjustment to make to any new offense so he just might be a short term fix.  No doubt, in the long run he will ruin their program but think what it would be like for him to swoope in like he did this year and rise Ole Piss to 8-4 and then swoope across the plains and improve their record next year to a 7-5 or 8-4 mark.  Makes me sick to think about it.

redbarn

If they offer Nutt 2.5 or 3 Mil I would be surprised to not see him leave Ole Miss.  Word is he and Boone, the AD don't see eye to eye and he knows after next year he is going down hill fast at Ole Miss. I think it would be hilarious to see Ole Miss fans eating crow after all they said about Coach Petrino not staying at Arkansas and taking the first job that was offered to him.   
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

Tusks

ha ha ha ha ha ha....this is so easy to predict....it shouldn't be legal.

now like the geico cave man.....he won't get it....but he will get a raise.

what a prick.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=263310.0

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

OTTER

Let's see, "Pro" is short for Prefessional.  Nutt is anything and everything but  "professional".  (except in lying, misleading, sceaming, mulipulating, using and other such things)
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgsav1 on December 05, 2008, 09:02:30 am
Oh man...wow...that'll be at least 3 times Nutt has screwed over Tuberville in the past 10 years.  First he gets handed the Arkansas job (who knows why) over him, then when Nutt is fired, Long balks at paying the buyout to get Tubby out of Auburn.  Now for the possibility that Nutt replaces him at Auburn...what a world.  Who would have thought that Nutt would last longer in the SEC than Tubby?

I know this would be bizarre, but imagine this:  Nuttz to Aubie, TT back to old piss. 

Coach Obvious

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 05, 2008, 09:56:37 am
I know this would be bizarre, but imagine this:  Nuttz to Aubie, TT back to old piss. 

And Fulmer to Miss. St.

Bubba's Bruisers

December 05, 2008, 09:57:49 am #177 Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 10:01:16 am by Bubba's Bruisers
Come on, people.  Nutt isn't going to be truly considered for the AU job.  And even if he was, he wouldn't take it.  AU has high expectations, you know.  Nutty doesn't like that.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

go hogues

Quote from: Tripod1 on December 05, 2008, 09:53:27 am
Only problem with them hiring Nutty Boy is he just might be able to keep the commits because he and Tubby are both ground orientated.  The players on campus would not have alot of adjustment to make to any new offense so he just might be a short term fix.  No doubt, in the long run he will ruin their program but think what it would be like for him to swoope in like he did this year and rise Ole Piss to 8-4 and then swoope across the plains and improve their record next year to a 7-5 or 8-4 mark.  Makes me sick to think about it.
BUT, BUT he won't have a QB.  That was a big downfall of his at the UA.  He INHERITED Snead at Ole Piss, and is hiding behind him (much like the MJ and DMAC years here) without a QB, he will struggle.  He wiould do no better than TT did this year and maybe not even that good. 

PLEASE, PLEASE Auburn, hire HDN!!!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

OTTER

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 05, 2008, 09:20:49 am
Sexton is just trying to squezze more money out of OM for Nuttsack!
The AD at Ole Miss is not one to be "held hostage" by these types of situations and he and Nutt have had a few discussions already concerning Nutt(cell phone use and recruiting expenses).  It is possible, especially if he is aware of Hooties current recruiting ranking, that he could open the door and throw Hooties butt out in the cold, which Hootie deserves.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Hogblog

Quote from: redbarn on December 05, 2008, 09:54:45 am
If they offer Nutt 2.5 or 3 Mil I would be surprised to not see him leave Ole Miss.  Word is he and Boone, the AD don't see eye to eye and he knows after next year he is going down hill fast at Ole Miss. I think it would be hilarious to see Ole Miss fans eating crow after all they said about Coach Petrino not staying at Arkansas and taking the first job that was offered to him.  

Dale wants more control at OM........The OC was forced on him by some big boosters (heard this one before)..........he wants more money after an 8-4 season (clearly he deserves to be paid more)..........football budget has to be increased according to Nuttz........hard to recruit with such a small budget (this is the real reason recruiting is poor)........dale is trying to get complete control at OM.....Albarn wouldn't hire him if he worked for free..........same dale, different school........

spudhog

Some of their comments below are hillarious. They know what's up with HDN.

The_Iceman

If Nutt left for Auburn, would espn give him the same $h*t treatment they gave Petrino?

and seriously, who in the world thinks nutt is a better coach than Tubberville?
They aren't really going to fire Tubs for Nutt, are they?

kcabrozaR

WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

Pistol Pete

I'm not crying for anyone who's a multi-millionaire, and got 6 mil more for being fired.

Smokehouse

I'd like a strong recruiter to end up at Auburn so AU and Bama will beat each other up every year across the state.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

redbarn

Quote from: kcabrozaR on December 05, 2008, 10:08:37 am
Dear Lord

Please let it be Nutt

I could care less if Nutt goes to Auburn or stays at Ole Miss.  In two years, it will be a battle between Saban and Coach Petrino as to who will own the SEC W for each season.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

MuskogeeHogFan

If you take a look at how Auburn has conducted business over the past several years, what coach in his right mind would want to put himself or his family in that situation? They are the absolute masters of indiscretion.

Auburn going after BP behind TT's back a few years ago. And who knows who else they might have talked to between then and now with a similar agenda in mind and it just hasn't been publicized? Then they come in and fire TT, announce it as a resignation(probably with a gun to his head) and the assistant's have no idea it is going to happen before their kids hear it from friends and on sports talk shows? Yeah, they are really a class act down at Auburn. I can't imagine that any coach that has accomplished anything at all and has any sense, would seriously entertain their interest or offers seeing what their track record of conduct has been. They will wind up with some up and comer who is trying to get out of the lower Div I schools(Dooley from La Tech).
Go Hogs Go!

kcabrozaR

Quote from: redbarn on December 05, 2008, 10:15:52 am
I could care less if Nutt goes to Auburn or stays at Ole Miss.  In two years, it will be a battle between Saban and Coach Petrino as to who will own the SEC W for each season.
In Alabama the battle will always be the state championship, very little else matters to them. Anything that adds confusion to that helps us.
WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

Jimbo

I would love it if Nutt would go to AwBern. Nutt boy would take down Auburn and Ole Piss would continue to spiral downward. Miss Stake is not likely to drop the cash on a big time coach. That leaves us with dealing with St. Nick and LS Who. I like it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OKhogfan1959

Please please let Auburn hire Nutt!!! I hope they get the guy!! Just takes one of the great programs down the drain. One less for us to step over on our way to the top.

wes72949

razorbrass

No way Nutt goes to Aubbie.  He would have to produce and I think that would scare the hell out of him.  It won't keep him from playing Ole Mrs. like a fool.  He probably has someone parking an airplane at the Oxford regional airport at this minute.  He'll see if he can squeeze a cool $500,000 grand a year out of the sheep in Oxfart.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

iseeredpeople

This isn't Nutt or Sexton. This is the Auburn Admin sending up a trial balloon to see what the reaction is.

Quote from: runhogsrun on December 05, 2008, 09:39:24 am
Nutt or Sexton is constantly floating his name out there.  And I believe the main reason is to get a raise and make believe that he is a "hot" name in coaching.  I just believe that he always wants more mone, and is willing to fabricate something so he can acomplish that one goal.  He is the biggest farce in coaching.

OTTER

Quote from: Verge on December 05, 2008, 08:14:15 am
Coolest part about the whole thing though... if bama is caught paying players... they will get death penalty for sure. They would be finished.
I wish, but there will never be another death penalty handed down from the NCAA.  They learned their lesson from SMU.

hoglady

Quote from: HawgFan26 on December 04, 2008, 10:34:16 pm
Kodi Burns better be put on suicide watch if this deal goes through.

If Kodi Burns play doesn't improve he won't have to worry about who the coach is - he'll be riding the pines if Auburn can find another QB.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Jimbo

Quote from: razorbrass on December 05, 2008, 10:28:21 am
No way Nutt goes to Aubbie.  He would have to produce and I think that would scare the hell out of him.  It won't keep him from playing Ole Mrs. like a fool.  He probably has someone parking an airplane at the Oxford regional airport at this minute.  He'll see if he can squeeze a cool $500,000 grand a year out of the sheep in Oxfart.

I agree with him having to produce. But the ego of his will probably allow him to take the job if the $ are there. 3 years later Auburn is worse than they are now and Nuttboy is fired. He likely is just squeezing Ole Piss for a raise, as ususal.

Hogbody